Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Juju And Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Juju And Islam (2258 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know / Tissue Paper And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juju And Islam by deflover(m): 8:35am On Nov 15, 2013
i am not here to insult Islam but i noticed a particular trend mostly in the western Nigeria. The so called Alhaji and Alhaja are the super culprit...right from when i was a kid in festac i know a certain neighbor who will wake up before the whole neighborhood and offer corn offerings on the road ....ie spread corn seeds almost like 3 bags and when we pick it up to feed our chickens..None will want to even take a seed of it....

Yesterday i was talking a walk and loo and behold all the four corners of an hotel around where i stay now was oiled with palm oil and this woman is a well known alhaja and people here look up to her cos she has some money to throw around.....

My question is why do muslims mix juju with Islam....

is it that islam supports it or its a form of unbelief or islam has failed them so they need a back up.

1 Like

Re: Juju And Islam by s3nn2x(m): 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
Lol!

I came here to comment on this thread and lo and behold I saw Mactunji viewing the thread.

No wonder no one has commented since morning.

Anyway, I don't know what you mean by juju and islam, but I know that some muslims mix traditional religious practises with islam. I see lots of them in the North.

It is not difficult to see a group of people gathered around a Northern Muslim, watching what I call 'magic' being displayed.

I have often wondered, but since I am not a muslim, I don't care and I don't stay to watch. The sight alone is scary.
Re: Juju And Islam by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
s3nn2x: Lol!

I came here to comment on this thread and lo and behold I saw Mactunji viewing the thread.

Anyway, I don't know what you mean by juju and islam, but I know that some muslims mix traditional religious practises with islam. I see lots of them in the North.

It is not difficult to see a group of people gathered around a Northern Muslim, watching what I call 'magic' being displayed.

I have often wondered, but since I am not a muslim, I don't care and I don't stay to watch. The sight alone is scary.

bros u get liver comment
Re: Juju And Islam by Tiyazman(m): 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
It's called 'culture' bro.
Yes we know they Holy Muslims and that their religion kinda forbids magic or witchcraft, but you should know that not all these practices you see displayed are witchcraft!
These are the traditions of our ancestors and we must practice it.
The Heritage of our fore-fathers can't go into extinction you know?

Atleast i no troll this thread sha. wink
just wanna contribute a li' sense on this one. cool

Let's us eat!!!! grin

#TeamGOM

2 Likes

Re: Juju And Islam by MightySparrow: 8:33am On Nov 16, 2013
I have been thinking of this experience also. For me, by observing some believers I can not see the difference. There are may be a link between the two.
Re: Juju And Islam by Ifyjemila(f): 9:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
def lover: i am not here to insult Islam but i noticed a particular trend mostly in the western Nigeria. The so called Alhaji and Alhaja are the super culprit...right from when i was a kid in festac i know a certain neighbor who will wake up before the whole neighborhood and offer corn offerings on the road ....ie spread corn seeds almost like 3 bags and when we pick it up to feed our chickens..None will want to even take a seed of it....

Yesterday i was talking a walk and loo and behold all the four corners of an hotel around where i stay now was oiled with palm oil and this woman is a well known alhaja and people here look up to her cos she has some money to throw around.....

is it that islam supports it or its a form of unbelief or islam has failed them so they need a back up.
That is shirik, associating partinership with God. It is highly prohibited(haram) in islam. She is not practicing islam.

2 Likes

Re: Juju And Islam by Ifyjemila(f): 10:00pm On Nov 16, 2013

those acts are not islamical atall, the holy quran naver said that.THE QURAN IS OUR GUARD.

1 Like

Re: Juju And Islam by Ifyjemila(f): 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2013

Re: Juju And Islam by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
Stop fooling urself that's a normal tinz in yoruba land being alhaja or alhaji doesn't make u a real muslim,,,,,same tinz goes to Christian,,i know u're a yoruba stop hypocrite.........

1 Like

Re: Juju And Islam by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2013

is it that islam supports it or its a form of unbelief or islam has
failed them so they need a back up.[/quote]

practice of socery or witchcraft is forbidden in islam. The Apostle of God says " whoever visits a fortuneteller(or socerer) has disbelived in what was sent to muhammad". In a society were islamic shari'ah is practiced such people are beheaded.

1 Like

Re: Juju And Islam by AbdH: 6:14am On Nov 20, 2013
Ad€mOlA:
Stop fooling urself that's a normal tinz in yoruba land being alhaja or alhaji doesn't make u a real muslim,,,,,same tinz goes to Christian,,i know u're a yoruba stop hypocrite.........

You are right in that being an alhaji or an alhaja doesn't make you a true Muslim but it (Juju) is not a normal thing like you want to make us believe.
By the way, this topic seems divisive and stereotypical.

(1) (Reply)

Humility / Iran Now Has A Non Muslim Majority (GAMAAN Research Survey) / Why Is Pork Forbidden In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.