Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award (17266 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Musa, Enyeama, 23 Others Nominated For African Player Of The Year 2014 / It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by naijanoni(m): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
Soso990240: judgin by AFCON,sunday mba deserve to be there.Nigerian mentality,who scored d winning goal against almighty ivory coast? Who scored afcon winnin goal?
Moses had a better afcon dan mba.
Without moses individual brilliance against ethiopia,would nigeria have dreamt of qualifying out of d group stage ?.Without moses scoring those 2 goals would mba have dreamt of scoring in d quater-finals or ever scoring for nigeria?.IMO moses two goals against ethiopia was more important than mba's goals.
If moses hadnt scored those goals,that afcon would go down as one of nigeria's worst afcon ever.
Packing our bags home after only d group stage.
Moses started d attack for most of d goals nigeria scored at dat afcon.
Moses was KEY to both nigeria winning d AFCON and chelsea winning d europa league.Mba did nothing apart 4rm those two goals.Was allmost inactive in club football.Moses deserves to be among d 25 ahead of musa and mba ahead of gervinho and many players there.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by sokera: 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
Theben: What the hell is Sunday Mba doing there? So Mba did better than Victor Moses this year? The list should be reviewed and have Mba replaced with Moses biko.
nawa for you , u sure say you sabi read sha?
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by iamdsam: 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
Eyeama truly deserves this. He should be the winner. He has performed brilliantly for Nigeria and his football club.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by JimloveTM(m): 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2013
Soso990240: wia have u been? Toure has been outstanding both in country and club level..he is way better than Mikel.#truth

funny, so how many trophy did he win. mikel won two... afcon n europa league
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by cejo(m): 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2013
[s]Hello my dear
Nice to meet you now,
My name is joy please contact me
back in my e-mail address joybouabre@live.com and I will give you
my picture and further details thank tongue :Ps wink wink wink wink wink wink[/s]

Joy or whateva,post ur pics mak we judge 1st b4 guys go mak mov since dats ur request. shocked
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by nickxtra(m): 2:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
I give it to Vincent Eyeama. He is has been outstanding both for clubs in Israel, France and the Super Eagles. No any other deserves the award more than him
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
Wetin musa name dey find 4 dere? Hausa ram :oWetin musa name dey find 4 dere? Hausa ram
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by dgreatyen(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
as any goalkeeper won it bfore..jus askn....#NA ENYEAM WHOT AM JAREE#NO TYM FOR SERERE....
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by dgreatyen(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
as any goalkeeper won it bfore..jus askn....#NA ENYEMA WHOT AM JAREE#NO TYM FOR SERERE....
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
as a big fan of mikel,i think enyeama deserves this award.yaya toure go and sleep,enyeama owns this award.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
Oke Esibe: Wetin musa name dey find 4 dere? Hausa ram :oWetin musa name dey find 4 dere? Hausa ram
musa dey perform 4 him club o.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by Anniettieufia(m): 3:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
Enyiama Vincent

Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by victorazy(m): 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
2013 - Our Year of football.
n
Gudluk Jonathan all the way! grin
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
top 3,
jonathan pitropia,
yaya toure
mikel obi
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by Tundenoni(m): 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
MEILYN: I see musa winning this one undecided
joker
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by nnennaada1(f): 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
Yips! Enyeama all da wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by ritux: 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
Left with me, it should be:

1) Enyeama

2) Mikel

3) Yaya

But at the end of the day, it will be:

1) Yaya

2) Mikel

3) Enyeama

Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by nnennaada1(f): 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
MEILYN: I see musa winning this one undecided
hmmm! smh, wen wil u learn¿
#teamenyeama
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by ghadaffi2000(m): 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
Why are we forgetting pitroipa, the best player at the cup of nations or even aubemeyang. I think its btw dis two
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by sheylarhh(m): 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2013
Jarus: All the nominated Nigerian players deserve to be there. Moses too. He did well in Chelsea's march to winning UEFA, and Nigeria at Nation's cup. Only Mikel and Enyeama, and maybe Emenike have chances of making final 5. But I will not be surprised if Mikel doesn't win it. He's been a team player in Chelsea, difficult to sell to non-Nigerians. Africa's best not getting first team shirt in any team in the world is a big minus. That's Mikel's cross. Yaya may win it yet again.
shut up... Mikel is jux a victim of squad rotation and mourinho bias in using frank lampard
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by Monjie(m): 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
I will prefer Vincent.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by ModupeJ(f): 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
hmmn..Nigeria is blessed with goal keepers. Alampasu,Enyeama..fit cant shout
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by McLuhan(m): 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
leggo: how many of this players compare to Jay Jay? yet he never won it..
mediocre players everywhere. Mba that struggles in the club he plays is now one of Africa's best??
LOL
Truly, no Nigerian player of the current generation is as skillful as Jay Jay Okocha was in his heyday. That Okocha was denied the CAF African Player of the Year Award is one of the greatest injustices in the history of sports. Nobody can convince me that Moustafa Hadji, who won it in 1998, was a better player than Okocha. To my mind, no other African player has ever exhibited the same level of artistry that Okocha displayed - and with such consummate ease. For that reason, the yearly award ritual always rings hollow to me.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by Lordave: 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
Useless people just dey talk rubbish here.
Wetin Yaya Toure play wey go make am win this award. Wether una like am or not it's Mikel African best and Mba Home base best.
The time wey Okocha suppose win am they said he won nothing and doesn't deserve it because Eto'o was winning trophies with barca. Now it's Mikel's turn bad belly people don dey hail trophyless Yaya.
SHM for some confused Nigerians. Mikel is the owner of this award.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by Beync(f): 7:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
What is musa name doing on list?

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by DisGuy: 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
How many games did Sunday Mba play this season for his club?

For about three months he was shuttling between nigeria and Europe looking for clubs, another 2 months arguing over which club actually owns him... So whate exactly did he do clubwise this season apart from AFCON..stats?

Eyeama

Mikel

Yaya
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by Dannylux: 8:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
Mr. Man, did you scheme through the list at all?

Theben: What the hell is Sunday Mba doing there? So Mba did better than Victor Moses this year? The list should be reviewed and have Mba replaced with Moses biko.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by emmyoha87(m): 10:10pm On Nov 16, 2013

You didnt even take time to read the story well, Mba is for the African category(I guess Moses plays in an African club on your PSP)
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by emmyoha87(m): 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
McLuhan:
Truly, no Nigerian player of the current generation is as skillful as Jay Jay Okocha was in his heyday. That Okocha was denied the CAF African Player of the Year Award is one of the greatest injustices in the history of sports. Nobody can convince me that Moustafa Hadji, who won it in 1998, was a better player than Okocha. To my mind, no other African player has ever exhibited the same level of artistry that Okocha displayed - and with such consummate ease. For that reason, the yearly award ritual always rings hollow to me.

AND WHAT DID HE WIN US?
Re: 5 Nigerians Among CAF Shortlist For African Player Of The Year Award by macof(m): 11:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
Lemme see anybody take best African in Africa award from Mba

As for the top shot Moses suppose manage squeeze inside that list na confed miss out and this Liverpool loan cause am

Mikel for Best African footballer 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala / List Of All The Winners At The NFF-Aiteo Football Awards. / Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.