Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala (17256 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Wows In Bikini At The Beach (Photos) / Asisat Oshoala's Mother Poses Proudly With Her Daughter's Glo CAF Award. Photos / Liverpool Ladies Accept Arsenal Bid For Asisat Oshoala. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
Liverpool Ladies have signed the African Women’s Player of the Year, Asisat Oshoala.

The 20-year-old Nigerian international from signs from the Nigerian Women’s Championship winners, Rivers Angels.

Oshola is described as "an explosive forward" and was voted as the most valuable player at the U20 World Cup in Canada in 2014, where she was also top scorer.

Matt Beard’s side are currently preparing for the upcoming WSL and Champions League campaigns.

Speaking of her move to Liverpool, Asisat said: “Since I began my football career I have always dreamt of being a professional footballer so to be able to join the reigning Women’s Super League champions is absolutely fantastic.

“Liverpool Ladies are a massive Club who have some fantastic players who I believe can help to develop my game to the next level. It was also a big incentive to be able to play in the Uefa Women’s Champions League which is a huge competition and one I’m confident we can do well in.”

Liverpool Ladies manager, Matt Beard said: “I’m absolutely thrilled to have signed Asisat as she is one of the World’s top young footballers. Asisat proved in the U20 World Cup what a top class talent she is and this signing is a big coup for us.

“The Women’s Super League continues to improve year after year so it is vital that we strengthen our squad following last season’s successful title defence. This signing is definitely one that the supporters can be extremely excited about.”

Culled from

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2015-01-23/liverpool-ladies-sign-world-cup-top-scorer/

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by obongtunji: 4:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
Big congrats, I'm happy for you.

26 Likes

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
This deserves FP na..mod do the needful plz
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by parrotibaba(m): 4:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
it begins with a whisper...

...n den recognition, chance ,success ,more success

Congrats oshoala...

14 Likes

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Omero(m): 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
Continue to soar Babe. God gat ur back.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by SuperModerator: 9:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
wow, great.... she has the potential of winning world best female player in future.

Authentic jerseys for sale at low price;
https://www.nairaland.com/2058146/original-foreign-customised-football-jerseys#29129704
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Innodon(m): 9:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
Good luck to her.
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
Awesome!
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
This girl will be such a massive hit that Brendan Rodgers will be seriously tempted to swap her with Ballotelli grin

friedplantain

27 Likes

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Zellie: 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
Pretty girl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by pendusky(m): 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
wow so happy!
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by ignis: 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congrats...

But don't be like Mikel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Hollawaley(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
That hot bony girl;omo she'z in real money now
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by emerged01(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
when it is your time,no one can stop you. Congrat!

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by xagorakis(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
Welcome home,dear.

You will no longer walk alone!
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by oakson: 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
This girl is really going places... All the best girl!
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by nifton(m): 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
Do what u know hw to do best.
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by hahn(m): 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congratulobia!

This is an IDEAL role model for Nigerian ladies. Work hard and be persistent and you'll achieve your dream.

Stop imitating who.res like Kim Kardashian, Amber Rose

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by equlibrium(m): 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
Chisos shocked
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by omolizzy(f): 9:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congratulations to her.
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Whobedatte(m): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
lalasticala , obinoscopy , seun please move this to front page , thank you

Modified : I like this girl so much ,pace , wit and flair all in one .She's the female Messi!!!

More photos here >>> http://www.kingebuka.com/2015/01/photos-liverpool-sign-highly-rated-20.html
what will u now call the Brazilian wizard #Martha. Skills+energy+pace+ speed all rolled iinto one! 5 time world player of the year winner. Abeg suffre to dey exaggerate na!

Anyway. Osshoala bigger u I pray,keep flying the green white green

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by ichidodo: 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
She'snt explosive but a silky and cultured player...

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by IamOpemipo(m): 9:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congrats osho
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by dayosaurus(m): 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
hahn:
Congratulobia!

This is an IDEAL role model for Nigerian ladies. Work hard and be persistent and you'll achieve your dream.

Stop imitating who.res like Kim Kardashian, Amber Rose
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Kayb123(m): 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congratulations.......am very happy for U
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by bigwallace(m): 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
congrat asisat,am so happy for u more grease to ur elbow,she is indeed a super talent nd I believe she wil take the world by storm come june dis year.
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
When God decides to bless You, Your sorrows You shall remember no more.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by OboloMAN: 9:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
You Shall Never Walk Alone #YNWA

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? / We’re Not Happy, No Money To Sack Peseiro – NFF Speaks On 1-1 Draw With Zimbabwe / AS Roma Signs Umar And Nura, 2 Nigerian Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.