Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Challenges In My Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Challenges In My Marriage (1537 Views)

How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage / I Am Very Unhappy In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenges In My Marriage by alhamra: 12:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
I have been married to my wife for one year plus now, she gave birth to twins boys early this year at 7 months premature and they died two days after their birth in the incubator, according to the doctor he said that since they are less than one kg that the chances of their survival is 30 %. She conceived again and delivered a baby boy at 9 months and the baby also died few minutes after delivery and also less than 1kg. Now the surprising thing there is that the twins that was delivered 7months premature are less than 1kg then why this one that is up to 9 months weigh the same 0.6kg just like the twins.
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by chrisovo: 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
alhamra: I have been married to my wife for one year plus now, she gave birth to twins boys early this year at 7 months premature and they died two days after their birth in the incubator, according to the doctor he said that since they are less than one kg that the chances of their survival is 30 %. She conceived again and delivered a baby boy at 9 months and the baby also died few minutes after delivery and also less than 1kg. Now the surprising thing there is that the twins that was delivered 7months premature are less than 1kg then why this one that is up to 9 months weigh the same 0.6kg just like the twins.

My brother go for prayers and stay fast in the Lord alone. If u may ask , I will suggest to u. Call me 08030730077. Be bless
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by Merkki(f): 12:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ask for explanations from a medical practitioner. I'm sorry for your loss. Pls accept my sympathy. May you never bury another child.

1 Like

Re: Challenges In My Marriage by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by Merkki(f): 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
I really feel for this guy. He has had it rough. I read his previous thread. The wife too. Marriage is no child's play honestly.
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by Annie2gud(f): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
Its well.
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by 4tunebest(f): 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
Haven gone through your previous posts, I'll suggest you consider the spiritual approach. This doesnt imply that you neglect the medical aspect of it.
Medically, giving birth to a low-weight baby can be due to uterine fibroids and malformations of the uterus which can limit a baby's development.
Also, when the placenta is compromised leading to placental malfunction, the infant's growth can suffer. Certain viral and parasitic infections can cause fetal problems like slow growth, and even birth defects.

Other causes are: poor nutrition, stress, problems with the cervix, smoking, alcohol and drugs
@OP, it is good to pray but don't allow any 'Man of God' turn you into a meal ticket because of this. You can approach God on this issue by YOURSELF and also explore all medical options available to you in tackling this problem. Peace
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by 2good(m): 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
chrisovo:

My brother go for prayers and stay fast in the Lord alone. If u may ask , I will suggest to u. Call me 08030730077. Be bless

This is a dumb advice. Go see a professional doctor for advice on what the problem is.
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
At OP, it's either the baby is dead already before given birth to him, or they didn't wasn't weighted properly. I can't get my head around it but your doctor might be able to tell. Next time go to a very good medical professional. All the best
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by alhamra: 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
@chaircover, i have separated with the other lady for long now and have moved on with my life but i doubt if she have anything in mind against me because even the day i took her back to her parents she confessed in the presence of her kinsmen that i am a good man and never treated her bad in anyway and that i really tried to make it work that all was her fault. Though she ask i should forgive but i couldn't because the feelings i had for her died due to her maltreatment's and with the spiritual problems she is having i believe that my life will be in danger continuing with her. And i remembered when we are courting those days she ones told me that her mother first gave birth to 7 boys without a female child and was worried before the ground mother now took her to a river in our community to performed some sacrifice and after the sacrifice the mother gave birth to her and her two younger sisters and the last girl among them is also having serious mental problems after considering those things i discovered that insisting on being with her might lead to my untimely death and since then God has really blessed me all the things i lost while in the relationship God restored them abundantly. Currently i am very happy with the woman i married she is a wife material but this is the only challenges we are facing now.

@poster I am so sorry for your loss and pray that you never have to bury another child again in your life.

I hope you dont mind me asking. Is this the same wife who you were referring to in this other thread https://www.nairaland.com/807612/marriage-wahala

Please before you go out all spiritual and going from place to place and some wicked people making money out of your situation, please go and get a sound medical opinion first. Are you carrying out good enough antenatal care? A very small baby should have been noticed before your wife put to bed. Are your dates correct? Are you sure the last baby was actually at term? as an example, it may have been possible that wife has an incompetent cervix or something else that is causing her to go into pre-term labour so please try and get to the bottom for this medically first.

May God be with you and your family.
[/quote]
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by baby124: 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
Pele OP. Maybe you guys should go for a comprehensive test including a DNA screening test or Gene test. To lose a child is a painful thing. Sometimes some people get together who are not genetically compatible. I hope God answers your prayers soon. But check all angles
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
4tunebest: Haven gone through your previous posts, I'll suggest you consider the spiritual approach. This doesnt imply that you neglect the medical aspect of it.
Medically, giving birth to a low-weight baby can be due to uterine fibroids and malformations of the uterus which can limit a baby's development.
Also, when the placenta is compromised leading to placental malfunction, the infant's growth can suffer. Certain viral and parasitic infections can cause fetal problems like slow growth, and even birth defects.

Other causes are: poor nutrition, stress, problems with the cervix, smoking, alcohol and drugs
@OP, it is good to pray but don't allow any 'Man of God' turn you into a meal ticket because of this. You can approach God on this issue by YOURSELF and also explore all medical options available to you in tackling this problem. Peace

GBAM!
Your doctor shld be able to tell you what exactly is wrong. Der're so many factors that could be responsible. Talk to a good gyneacologist!
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by Winneygirl(f): 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
If U've been using the same hospital/doctor, I suggest U get a different medical opinion from a very good hospital.
There must be a plausible medical explanation. It's either Ur present doctor missed it, or he hasn't told U all there is to it.
Get a good hospital. Get a different report.
Re: Challenges In My Marriage by jumzzy448: 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
So sorry op. May you never bury a child in your home again. I pray that the next child God will bless you with shall come to stay and fulfil the glory of the Lord.

That being said, I think you should stick to other posters advice that you see a medical practitioner. They will run necessary tests on your wife and be able to tell the reason why the babies are always underweight.

All in all, be steadfast in prayer. The doctors only do their best but God Almighty has the final say.

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Wet Dream Stories / Woman Beats Teacher In Front Of Her Students For Sleeping With Her Husband / Is The Nigerian Birth Rate Dropping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.