Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) (47334 Views)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by phlame(m): 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
As Typhoon Haiyan tore through the Philippines, it caused destruction on an unprecedented scale, tearing up homes and causing families to flee its violent path.

However, one survivor continued to stand tall with arms outstretched-- a giant statue of Jesus Christ that escaped unscathed from the natural disaster.

Though Haiyan erased entire towns from the map, Jesus remains upright, casting a protective gaze over the coastal town of Tanauan, in the central Philippines.

Pope Francis urged Catholics worldwide to pray for the victims of the typhoon that ravaged the Philippines, which has the largest number of Catholics in Asia.

The preservation of the statue has served as a symbol of hope to those still struggling to survive the typhoon's wounds, which left around 5,000 dead, according to recent death tolls.

Miracle, or simply coincidence?

SOURCE http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/jesus-statue-typhoon_n_4284415.html?1384553100&ncid=webmail17

15 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
Jesus decides to allow 5000 people to die,just for a chance to preserve His statue!! Praise be to our all loving God

Well I doubt the veracity of your claims though

72 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
most of the houses are standing as well. This is no miracle.

that area pictured does not have very high flood levels.

when I read the article, I thought it would be something like this:

Statue of Lord Shiva (God of Destructive Forces) that withstood the recent floods in North India.

22 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
most of the houses are standing as well. This is no miracle.

that area pictured does not have very high flood levels.

when I read the article, I thought it would be something like this:

Statue of Lord Shiva (God of Destructive Forces) that withstood the recent floods in North India.
I've seen an exact image like this inside our village stream. . . When i saw it ehh, i ran for my dear life!

#TeamGOM

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Gwekzy: 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
Total rubbish... Close to 10 thousand pple died...

7 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by GSKing: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
That's our Jeezous for you!!!cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
god_of_music: I've seen an exact image like this inside our village stream. . . When i saw it ehh, i ran for my dear life!

#TeamGOM

you mean you saw the tide of the water or an idol in the water?

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

you mean you saw the tide of the water or an idol in the water?
An idol in the water. . . . White like this one with shinining eyes. LAWD!

My grandfather told me it's 'Ogbuide' the godess of the 'Orashi' river. . . That me seeing it shows i'm an indigene and i'm welcomed to the land.

#TeamGOM

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
god_of_music: An idol in the water. . . . White like this one with shinining eyes. LAWD!

My grandfather told me it's 'Ogbuide' the godess of the 'Orashi' river. . . That me seeing it shows i'm an indigene and i'm welcomed to the land.

#TeamGOM

wow nice experience!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by dorox(m): 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
It only goes to show that if they had built their houses as solidly as that lifeless statue, perhaps their houses would still be standing with fewer lives lost in the typhoon.
The same thing happens here when struggling families sacrifice a lot to fund the lavish life style of their pastors in the vain hope that God would somehow reward them for such gross foolishness when they should instead be thinking of how to get the maximum utility from their income.

43 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

wow nice experience!
For me it was a 'scary experience'

#TeamGOM
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
Statue of Mary unscathed in recent earthquake in Philippines.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2013
Statue of Mary untouched by hurricane Sandy.

9 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
Statues are really significant. The Gods bless us and protect Africa from natural disasters. May they perform their duties to earth as best as possible

Ase!

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by AbuMikey(m): 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2013

Very Lonnnng hisssssss undecided

WahDhaFuQ is wrong with People and some sorta graven image they bow down to undecided

8 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Temismith(f): 10:12am On Nov 17, 2013
Ope ooo, d devil ℓ̊Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ a laya.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by iluvweed(m): 10:13am On Nov 17, 2013
shocked
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 17, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 17, 2013
U no go church ni? how is d hubby?

Temismith: Ope ooo, d devil ℓ̊Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ a laya.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Merkki(f): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2013
italo: Statue of Mary untouched by hurricane Sandy.

comparing Mary with Jesus huh? Is it a kind of competition?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 17, 2013
Christianity and idols....

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2013
Coincidence...JESUS would rather save real humans than his statue

14 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Joshthefirst(m): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2013
What has Jesus' statue surviving a typhoon got to do with anything?

You might as well ask why a statue survived and many human beings died.

Smh.

When war ravaged israel, even the temple was destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by LMAyedun(m): 10:21am On Nov 17, 2013
Praise the Lord almighty.
May the souls of the departed rest in God.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Aromas: 10:21am On Nov 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Jesus decides to allow 5000 people to die,just for a chance to preserve His statue!! Praise be to our all loving God

Well I doubt the veracity of your claims though

I wonder o
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Joshthefirst(m): 10:21am On Nov 17, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Coincidence...JESUS would rather save real humans than his statue
thank you abeg.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by iluvweed(m): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2013
TB JOUSHUA'S STATUE COULD HAVE DONE BETTER.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by gabinogem(m): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2013
some will prefer to serve graven images than the true God which is in them... know thyself

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by usmanktg2(m): 10:23am On Nov 17, 2013
i knew tb foretold it
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Danhumprey: 10:23am On Nov 17, 2013
god_of_music: An idol in the water. . . . White like this one with shinining eyes. LAWD!

#TeamGOM
This is just funny! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by usmanktg2(m): 10:24am On Nov 17, 2013
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

All the rest is commentary

29 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by philclem(m): 10:24am On Nov 17, 2013
Some people are just clueless in there uttrances angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Who Shares Fufu And Cow Meat Soup After Church Service Goes Viral / Video Of A Lady Flirting With Evangelist Ebuka Obi During Deliverance / Prophet Martin Kofi Danso Impregnates Church Member, After Private Jet Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.