Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,905 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:37 AM

Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) (47525 Views)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 17, 2013
What rubbish!! angry
I don't believe in no manmade graven images! It is all idol worship!

Paying homage to all sort of graven images claiming it to be jesus or whatever....and whoever moved this shyte to front page is not a Christian,perhaps a muslim mod.

Y'all cannot spoil my blessed sunday angry

Infact,if I had a dyke,I will pull it out and piSs on this thread! angry
angry angry
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by gothrones(m): 11:19am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

How do you know God is the creator of all things?

LMAO. Because that is the definition of God!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by chucky234(m): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness: i did rather love to see that statue destroyed than seeing 1000 lives lost. Put a bomb on that crap statue and see it explode
The 5,000 lives lost could be sinners,fornicaters,robbers,liars,prostitutes,e.t.c
our God knows his true people and will be there for them in times of sorrow.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by made2fit(f): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2013
Coincidence. There is no life in a statue.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by gothrones(m): 11:21am On Nov 17, 2013
chucky234: The 5,000 lives lost could be sinners,fornicaters,robbers,liars,prostitutes,e.t.c

Hundreds of children were amongst the 5000. So you are saying that these children could be sinners, fornicators, robbers, liars, prostitutes etc. This God na real merciful being.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by 12month: 11:22am On Nov 17, 2013
macof:

Yes it is. But don't get it twisted, idolatry isn't a bad thing.

We use the idols to represent the presence of the Gods

no... u can use idols to represent Gods presence but me I can never do that
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by proudly233: 11:22am On Nov 17, 2013
Merkki:
yes I am. Can you pls read for me. Some of you so-called Christians are demonic and are always ready for a fight. That Italo or whatever he is called has lost my respect. Together with you professor. People like you make us not want to associate with Christians. Always bitter.

Please Merkki, I'm so sorry to ask, are you Traditional or are you a Muslim?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by cutieemperor007: 11:23am On Nov 17, 2013
Once upon a time, our fore fathers go into the bush and cut down trees which they carve into object which they postrate to and worship as their god and personal protector, years late, there comes the white man who think our fore fathers fool for postrating and worshiping log of wood and stones they carved with their own hands, therefore the white man mould images out of mud/ cement and paint pictures of their fathers with well trimed beards and gave it to our fathers to worship as their god.

Ques: what is the different between the woods that are carved and worshiped by our fore fathers which are termed idols and these cement moulded version/ artistically painted picture of their father brought to us by the white.....

submission: if what our fore fathers do then is idolatery then these can't be anything else but idol worshipping too...

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 11:23am On Nov 17, 2013
gothrones:

LMAO. Because that is the definition of God!

Oh! Just because you say so?!

Then Mary is the Mother of God. I say so.

If you have a problem with that, you're a hypocrite.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ALEXIS0240: 11:26am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

I think you need glasses.
to see the statue and do what...guy you over need am pass me to help your thinking.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Elan83(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Jesus decides to allow 5000 people to die,just for a chance to preserve His statue!! Praise be to our all loving God

Well I doubt the veracity of your claims though
i tnk u're not wise,so u might b a fool who knos!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by gothrones(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

Oh! Just because you say so?!

Then Mary is the Mother of God. I say so.

If you have a problem with that, you're a hypocrite.

I didn't say so:

Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

So you see that God cannot have a mother. God created all things, so He also created Mary. If He created Mary how can she give birth to Him? Does that make any sense?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2013
Imagine a world without muslim! Is muhamed truly a terrorist? Y do we have muslims on d top 15 (15) FBI most wanted terrorist list? And u r still proud to be one!
usmanktg2: لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

All the rest is commentary
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2013
That statue is structurally sound, a single miracle didn't occur there.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by FAK2008: 11:29am On Nov 17, 2013
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ijkc(f): 11:30am On Nov 17, 2013
Wow To God be all thy Glory! Amen. Am a proud Catholic.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by dondumexx(m): 11:31am On Nov 17, 2013
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by hischoice(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2013
the statue wasn't probably hit enough by the typhoon. My Christ is way way bigger than a statue.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by waleadex(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2013
italo: Statue of Mary untouched by hurricane Sandy.

Allahu Akbar!!!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by musaajebor(m): 11:33am On Nov 17, 2013
chucky234: The 5,000 lives lost could be sinners,fornicaters,robbers,liars,prostitutes,e.t.c
for dis lie
May d god of thunder fire dat ur mouf with lightning. Sinner.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 11:34am On Nov 17, 2013
Lilaex: Ur obviously a pergan(Muslim) if not u would have knwn dat HE(jesus) resurrected and physically ascended heaven...

Oduduwa never died, he went back to the spiritual realm without experiencing death.
Sango, My Great grand father etc. died, resurrected and ascended to the spiritual realm
All physically.

Yet you don't see people running around calling Sango God, running around calling My Great grand father God or even Oduduwa

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 17, 2013
Do u want to blow nairaland up this time? D same thing u shout anytime u want to caouse havoc
waleadex:

Allahu Akbar!!!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by 2sizzlin(m): 11:38am On Nov 17, 2013
god_of_music: An idol in the water. . . . White like this one with shinining eyes. LAWD!

My grandfather told me it's 'Ogbuide' the godess of the 'Orashi' river. . . That me seeing it shows i'm an indigene and i'm welcomed to the land.

#TeamGOM

Which village is that? Is it in Nnewi?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Merkki(f): 11:38am On Nov 17, 2013
proudly233:

Please Merkki, I'm so sorry to ask, are you Traditional or are you a Muslim?
I like to see myself as a Christian. I believe in God.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 11:38am On Nov 17, 2013
ALEXIS0240: to see the statue and do what...guy you over need am pass me to help your thinking.

No, people dont use glasses to think, contrary to your poor belief.

You need glasses to read my post.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by GScholar(m): 11:40am On Nov 17, 2013
Wat a miracle kissWat a miracle
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 17, 2013
gothrones:

Hundreds of children were amongst the 5000. So you are saying that these children could be sinners, fornicators, robbers, liars, prostitutes etc. This God na real merciful being.

Quite unfortunate but there is still a twist to every story. I am sure if the likes of Hitler,Osama etc were killed as kids, most people could as well sympathize with them(Not that I don't feel sorry for them, just trying to be logical here). Judging by your religion believe (Guessing you are a religious person) do you prefer those kids go to a better place or stay back in this "god-forsaken" world? Well you Christain should think your believe thoroughly and understand the real implication of what you believe in. When you do I am sure when the issue of life and death comes up, you don't sound hypocritical ( believing there is a better world after life but hold tightly to the world of the atheist ).
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ALEXIS0240: 11:43am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

No, people dont use glasses to think, contrary to your poor belief.

You need glasses to read my post.
italo Mr Christian 2013,clap hand for yourself.you don win.nobody sabi pass you again.carry am for head dey feel like watin you no be.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2013

It seems normal to you to say that 5,000 lives deserved to die,including babies because of religion?

Wow! You have lost every shred of empathy that a normal human being should posses
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 11:43am On Nov 17, 2013
It was only a question.. So don't get angry lady...

Merkki:
yes I am. Can you pls read for me. Some of you so-called Christians are demonic and are always ready for a fight. That Italo or whatever he is called has lost my respect. Together with you professor. People like you make us not want to associate with Christians. Always bitter.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 11:43am On Nov 17, 2013
gothrones:

I didn't say so:

Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

So you see that God cannot have a mother. God created all things, so He also created Mary. If He created Mary how can she give birth to Him? Does that make any sense?

Oh Good! So you believe Isaiah.

Let us read Isaiah 9:6 then...

For a CHILD IS BORN to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace.

You see that Mary is the Mother of God?

Or you still want to argue?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

Who is greater than God? No one.

Why are you so interested in competitions?

You seem a little far from Jesus and Mary.

They arent interested in competing with anyone, as you seemingly want them to be.

common sense is greater than god. those who use common sense know there is no god.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers / Prophet Martin Kofi Danso Impregnates Church Member, After Private Jet Gift / "Pastor Wilson Is Mad" - Daddy Freeze Reacts To Pastor Wilson's Sex Tape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.