Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,025 members, 7,956,798 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road (1403 Views)

This Is How Eze Ndigbo Was Flogged In Deji Of Akure's Palace (pix) / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace / Pictures Of The Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Express Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by Rikidony(m): 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
Akure -The Federal Government has awarded a N7.39-billion contract for the rehabilitation of the 66-kilometre Akure-Ilesha highway.
The Minister of Works, Mr Mike Onolememen, disclosed this in Akure on Friday when he inaugurated the project.
The minister, who was represented by Mr Oluyemi Oguntominiyi, the Director of Highways (South-West), Federal Ministry of Works, said that the project would be completed within 21 months.
Onolememen emphasised the government’s commitment to fulfilling its obligations toward the infrastructural development of the country.
“Government is investing on this road to provide relief to the people and promote economic activities among communities and neighbouring states,’’ he said.
The minister urged the contractor, Kopek Construction Limited, to adhere strictly to the terms of the contract.
Earlier, Gov. Rauf Aregbesola of Osun and Gov. Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State pledged to support efforts to develop the infrastructure of their states.
Mr Issam Feghali, the Managing Director of Kopek Construction Limited, assured the Federal Government that the project would be completed within the stipulated time.
“We assure you of quality work, in accordance with the specifications in the bill of quantity; we hope to complete the work before the 21 months timeframe,” he said.
The road reconstruction project starts from the Oke Ijebu Street intersection in Akure, Ondo State, and terminates at the Iloko-Ijesa junction in Ilesa, Osun. (NAN)
http://transformationwatch.com/2013/11/16/fg-okays-n7-3bn-for-reconstruction-of-akure-ilesha-highway/
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by owolabifunke14(f): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
God I pray it come to fruition

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by Abagworo(m): 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
That road has been hell for some years now. It would have been a short cut from Benin to Ibadan crossing many towns in Southwest.
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by Abagworo(m): 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
Akure to Ilesha is just a portion of the road. I think it should be from Benin to Ilesa. Ilesa to Ife is okay and dualized..
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by Rikidony(m): 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
owolabifunke14: God I pray it come to fruition
When Gej promice Gej fulfills.....Fresh air till 2019
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by Rikidony(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
Abagworo: Akure to Ilesha is just a portion of the road. I think it should be from Benin to Ilesa. Ilesa to Ife is okay and dualized..
i think it shall be extended
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by PaulJohn1: 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
This is a good one from the FG if truly it'll be constructed. And I wish they reconstruct that of Ibadan-Ife-Ilesha right lane, that lane needs urgent attention.

Abagworo: That road has been hell for some years now. It would have been a short cut from Benin to Ibadan crossing many towns in Southwest.

Many! How?!
I think it passes through just four major towns/cities: Akure, Ilesha, Ile-Ife and Ibadan.
But it will connect more if Aregbe actually complete the dualization of Osogbo-gbogan junction road that links Ibadan-Ife express, because it will link Ede and Iwo. Making it to connect 7 towns/cities.
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by Abagworo(m): 12:21am On Nov 17, 2013
Paul John: This is a good one from the FG if truly it'll be constructed. And I wish they reconstruct that of Ibadan-Ife-Ilesha right lane, that lane needs urgent attention.

Many! How?!
I think it passes through just four major towns/cities: Akure, Ilesha, Ile-Ife and Ibadan.
But it will connect more if Aregbe actually complete the dualization of Osogbo-gbogan junction road that links Ibadan-Ife express, because it will link Ede and Iwo. Making it to connect 7 towns/cities.

Isn't 4 many? However it passes more than 4 towns. Ife, Akure and Ilesa are just the larger ones. Remember towns like Osu, Owo and Ikire.
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by oluwashaddow(m): 6:46am On Nov 17, 2013
is it reconstruction dey need or dualisation,I think d road is due for dualisation n not a shaby reconstruction just like it is been done on ilesa -osogbo road which is still ongoing for almost four years now
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by owolabifunke14(f): 7:04am On Nov 17, 2013
Rikidony: When Gej promice Gej fulfills.....Fresh air till 2019
Let's see action first before we talk of 2015. I want to see heavy machines and men at work within a forth night.
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 17, 2013
Whao this is a good news. The road was supposed to be completed during Obasanjo era but the stubborn man refused to complete the construction despite the pleas from some Yoruba Elders. I'll be glad and praise Jonathan's government when the construction actually starts. Who says Jonathan wouldn't rule till 2019, anyway it depends on the candidate APC fields. Osun A Dara. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by Brimmie(m): 8:50am On Nov 17, 2013
Reconstruction ke?? They shld dualise the damn road!! Many lives has been claimed by those heavy trucks.

At least, it wld make my monthly Oshogbo - Akure trip less risky.
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by Rikidony(m): 9:03am On Nov 17, 2013
Brimmie: Reconstruction ke?? They shld dualise the damn road!! Many lives has been claimed by those heavy trucks.

Nigerians can never be satisfied angry
Re: Federal Government Awards #7.39billion For Reconstruction Of Akure-ilesha Road by oluwashaddow(m): 11:53am On Nov 17, 2013
Brimmie: Reconstruction ke?? They shld dualise the damn road!! Many lives has been claimed by those heavy trucks.

u be futarian

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Edmund Obilo Of Splash Fm? / . / !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.