Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:47 AM

APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election (47084 Views)

Bayelsa: PDP In Early Lead, As INEC Declares Results At Polling Units, Wards / PDP In Early Lead In Ekiti / Buhari, Jimi Benson In Early Lead In Ikorodu - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by LordVarys: 10:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
There are strong indications that the candidate of the ruling All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), in Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano may emerge winner in Saturday's gubernatorial election in the State, even as candidates of the other major political parties in the race have complained of irregularities during the polls.

According to reports of the election from across the State, the APGA seems to be in the lead especially in the North Senatorial district where the party’s candidate Obiano, and his People’s Democratic Party, PDP, counterpart Comrade Tony Nwoye, hail from.

There are seven local government areas that make up the Anambra North Senatorial zone, and APGA is reportedly leading in each local government area in the zone.

According to reports, APGA is also said to be ahead of other political parties in the Central Senatorial zone, where the incumbent governor Mr. Peter Obi, and the party’s national chairman, Chief Victor Umeh, come from.

The party is said to be leading in Awka North, Awka South, Anaocha and Njikoka local government areas within this senatorial district.

Meanwhile, election did not hold in some parts of Idemili North and South local government areas both of which are within the Central senatorial zone, and the stronghold of the candidate of the All Progressives Congress,(APC), Senator Chris Ngige, following late arrival of electoral materials in most of the polling units in the area.

In the South Senatorial district, report of the gubernatorial election showed that APGA at the time of filing this report had swept majority of the votes in three out of the seven local government areas that make up the State.

Although the gubernatorial election was generally peaceful in most of the polling units visited by LEADERSHIP, there were cases of late commencement of accreditation of voters in some polling units.
Also, the names of some prospective voters were missing in the voters register, which made it impossible for those affected to cast their votes.

For instance, in Uruezide polling unit in Alor ward 1, Idemili South local government which is the polling unit of the APC governorship candidate Senator Ngige, some of the prospective voters could not find their names in the voter register, even though they had voters’ card.

Mrs. Matilda Odinanwa complained that she was not allowed to vote because in her name could not be found on the voters register in her polling unit.

Similarly, the candidate of the PDP Comrade Nwoye, his father Nwabisi and mother Christiana, along with many other prospective voters could not exercise their civic duties at the Ofianta square polling unit Nsugbe Ward 1, in Anambra East local government area in the North senatorial district as their names could not be found in the register of voters for the polling unit.

Meanwhile, Senator Ngige, has called on the INEC to cancel the gubernatorial election, alleging irregularities in the polls, including late arrival of electoral materials which he claimed was deliberately orchestrated by the commission in collaboration with APGA to shortchange him and his party in the election.

He alleged that INEC ad-hoc staff especially the National Youth Service Corps members (NYSC) recruited to participate in the conduct of the election boycotted the exercise because they were not paid their allowances by the electoral commission.

When contacted, the image maker of the INEC in the State, Mr. Frank Egbo, said that election was cancelled in only 67 polling units in Obosi ward 1, Idemili North local government, adding that the election will be repeated on Sunday.

Security was tight in the state during the governorship election as most of the major roads where taken over taken over by the combined team of military and mobile policemen who subjected even electoral officials and journalists to a thorough screening before they were allowed to pass through the various check-points.

The former minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, who had earlier arrived the State to man Senator Ngige's 'Situation Room' was confined to his hotel in Awka, by the men of the State Security Services, SSS, who allegedly refused him moving round the State.

http://leadership.ng/news/161113/anambra-election-apga-early-lead

1 Like

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
lol
Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by igbokwesampson(m): 11:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
Congrats! To winner
Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by yibomustgo(m): 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
Liars! How many Local Government are there in Anambra State?

3 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Amanwulu1(m): 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
God bless Anambra, God bless Igboland, God bless Nigeria.
Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by kingbang: 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
yibomustgo: Liars! How many Local Government are there in Anambra State?

We have 21 LGAs. So what's your point?. APGA is truly leading in 14 LGAs pending the election completion tomorrow!

11 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Kingslaw(m): 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
what makes him a liar abi na liars you dey call one person Hmm! they have 21 LGA in that state ok.
Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley Ngige and APC doesn't understand the times we are in..

32 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Italiano1: 12:00am On Nov 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by gen2briz(m): 12:02am On Nov 17, 2013
APGa today, another party tomorrow. .......

2 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by JUO(m): 12:03am On Nov 17, 2013
see veiwers una no dey sleep?

1 Like

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Dosinspector(m): 12:04am On Nov 17, 2013
Kokoronkooooooooooooooooo APGA!!!!

11 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 17, 2013
He is leading doesn't make him a winner. Tomorrow elections will determine who the winner is.

1 Like

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by rockcitie: 12:04am On Nov 17, 2013
So El-Rufai was held hostage. I laff in Otuoke grin

5 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:06am On Nov 17, 2013
berem: He is leading doesn't make him a winner. Tomorrow elections will determine who the winner is.
Keep dreaming. I told you, didn't I?

Ntoooooooooooo!!! tongue tongue

34 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 17, 2013
Very difficult 2 defeat a rulling party in Nigeria, a fact the APC goons have failed to note! Apga will win, a signal dat shows dat PDP will win come 2015(not easy 2 win a rulling party). I would've prefered Tony Nwoye 2 win, but like I said earlier, apga is d rulling party

14 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by djSkukie(m): 12:06am On Nov 17, 2013
If he finally becomes d winner @d end. Goodluck 2 him. Hope is free nd fair sha koz APC re rumbling abt disenfranchise. 1st 2 comment, am glad 4 d 1st tym
Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:06am On Nov 17, 2013
rockcitie: So El-Rufai was held hostage. I laff in Otuoke grin

He is a security risk.

23 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by ajoskele(m): 12:06am On Nov 17, 2013
Some parties need go on strike to express their grievances over the conduct of the guber election!!!!

8 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by HOTsnow(m): 12:07am On Nov 17, 2013
Still Patiently waiting for the outcome.... cool
Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Unblockable: 12:08am On Nov 17, 2013
That was how we were still told in the 2011 Election that Alao Akala was in an early lead against Ajimobi, but at the end of everything Ajimobi was declared the winner..

APGA, I enjoin you to celebrate now and mourn tomorrow. Because he who laughs last laughs best

17 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by ifeanyidavid: 12:08am On Nov 17, 2013
Lastest result announce by INEC : OBIANO. The winner

2 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by morningsta(m): 12:09am On Nov 17, 2013
Make una wait make I consult ma crystal ball. Jagaban will return to Lagos empty handed again! congrats to APGA in advance!

5 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by ifeanyidavid: 12:10am On Nov 17, 2013
A P G A. Rules

3 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 17, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Keep dreaming. I told you, didn't I?

Ntoooooooooooo!!! tongue tongue
told me what? Taaaaa! Mechi onu gi! You're already celebrating when the winner hasn't been declared. Yeye! tongue

2 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by thaoriginator: 12:11am On Nov 17, 2013
Nonsense report! Which one are to believe now? One newspaper says PDP is leading, another one says APGA is leading.. And yet the other one says APC. Anyway, APC all the fuqing way! We don win already *pops champagne with Ngige*

3 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by felipemadero(m): 12:12am On Nov 17, 2013
Yes...sweet!
Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by ifeanyidavid: 12:13am On Nov 17, 2013
Mumu u get voters card ?

3 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by Cutecharlz(m): 12:13am On Nov 17, 2013
D governor of anambra state, Peter Obi said... I will deliver ♍y party before I leave d seat... I guess he is working hard for his party to win.

1 Like

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by ifeanyidavid: 12:15am On Nov 17, 2013
tha_originator: Nonsense report! Which one are to believe now? One newspaper says PDP is leading, another one says APGA is leading.. And yet the other one says APC. Anyway, APC all the fuqing way! We don win already *pops champagne with Ngige*

Mumu u are all losers

4 Likes

Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by respectkings: 12:16am On Nov 17, 2013
Lolss.. It a pitty, bul selection has bn done b4 de election soo.. Why must they disturb their lif..zzzzzzzzz. Tip- if ​ U̶̲̥̅̊ ‎​​ re in any party apart frm APGA,, ndo! Sorry! ​
Re: APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election by ifeanyidavid: 12:17am On Nov 17, 2013
Cutecharlz: D governor of anambra state, Peter Obi said... I will deliver ♍y party before I leave d seat... I guess he is working hard for his party to win.
Any which way u put am OBIANO don win be say e don win

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet Toyin Arulogun Who Suggested Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Fresh FM / Governor Ugwuanyi Visits Defunct SARS Office To Confirm Closure / Leaked Intelligence Files Give Insights Into U.S. Tracking Of Nigeria’s Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.