Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,647 members, 7,955,355 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why (5213 Views)

The Lords Prayer??? / The Lords Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement / Am I A Hypocrite For Getting The Lords Prayer Tattoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by thunderclap(m): 6:41am On Nov 17, 2013
The idea of lords prayer came when jesus disciples ask him to teach them how to pray. My question is how often do you recite the lords prayer and why
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by algorithm(m): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2013
I say it Whenever the prayer is a family one, but personally, I say the Grace more.
ThankGod FIRST before trying TO COMMENT. grin grin
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Burger01(m): 10:09am On Nov 17, 2013
Every blessed day of my life. Why? because it gives me confidence and protection in every sphere of my life.. Really, "the Lord is my Shepherd"...and I shall fear no evil..

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Temismith(f): 10:09am On Nov 17, 2013
Eeemmm,emmm
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by swhiss: 10:09am On Nov 17, 2013
The Lords prayer is nt rily a prayer we shld be reciting, its like a model jesus christ set to guide us on how to enrich our prayerS so as for it to be heard by GOD
mathew 6:9-13-

verse9:....our father in heaven, hallowed be thy name--> wich means wen we ar praying we shld acknowledge God as the almighty.

verse10: let ur kingdom come...ur will be done on earth as in heaven--> means dat in our prayer we shld ask for Gods kingdom to come...(of course we all knw de condition of life in heaven, its a direct opposite of wat we see in dis wicked world, so we shld pray 4 such condition 2 b established hre on earth).

Verse 11: give us today our daily bread--> we shld as well beg God to provide for us our daily needs.

Verse 12: and forgive us our debts, as we also forgiven our debtors--> wen praying we should solicit for Gods forgivness...and for our prayers to be heard we shld as well forgive those who wrong us.

Verse 13: and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one--> we shld ask for Gods protection from temptations that cn compromise our relationship wit him, and he shld shield us frm harm.

9 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by GJames(m): 10:10am On Nov 17, 2013
I don't think i 've said the Lord's prayer this whole year
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by italo: 10:12am On Nov 17, 2013
As a Catholic, I say it at least 8 times everyday.

1. I say it once during daily mass. (It is said by everyone at every mass everywhere in the world)

2. I say it 6 times while praying the Rosary.

3. I say it once while praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

May the Lord answer our prayers. What prayer can be more pleasing to God than this one uttered by his own mouth.

@OP, you didn't tell how often you say it.

12 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 17, 2013
every blessed day.. Why? Cos it keeps me going

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Emilord(m): 10:12am On Nov 17, 2013
Already in front page?hmmmm
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by daroz(m): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2013
I recite it almost daily when I am about to embark on a special task or in a tight corner. Also when i feel too weak or too lazy to do long prayer in d morning or night. Believe me, it works like magic for me. Meanwhile, I am not a catholic o, we even hardly recite it in my church

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by iluvweed(m): 10:18am On Nov 17, 2013
ONLY WHEN AM IN TROUBLE

WORKS SOMETIMES...

DOESNT WORK SOMETIMES....

GUESS ITS JUST COINCIDENCE.....

ANYWHICH WAY.....GOD DEY!

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by daroz(m): 10:18am On Nov 17, 2013
italo: As a Catholic, I say it at least 8 times everyday.

1. I say it once during daily mass. (It is said by everyone at every mass everywhere in the world)

3. I say it once while praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet..

Frankly, catholics and Muslims are one and the same. Its clear
Very soon dem go dey face east
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by AbuMikey(m): 10:24am On Nov 17, 2013

As often as I can recite it cool

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Aromas: 10:26am On Nov 17, 2013
G.James:
I don't think i 've said the Lord's prayer this whole year

gringringrin bad guy!! Hell fire candidate
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Zonacom(m): 10:28am On Nov 17, 2013
daroz:

May God forgive you.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by hammedkola(m): 10:28am On Nov 17, 2013
Me "Hammed"...I sabi ham self, and d most exciting line I do use is "Give us this day, Our daily bread" smiley smiley
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by italo: 10:30am On Nov 17, 2013
daroz:

How?

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by thunderclap(m): 10:30am On Nov 17, 2013
hammedkola: Me "Hammed"...I sabi ham self, and d most exciting line I do use is "Give us this day, Our daily bread" smiley smiley
grin
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Zeebah23(f): 10:32am On Nov 17, 2013
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by alphaconde(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2013
I pray the our father in the rosary almost 8 times within 20minutes, I find solace in this simple prayer than some tougues speaking and vigils. And my life is very peaceful. Who else experiences this?

3 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:02am On Nov 17, 2013
Yes. I recite it often.

Last Bullet:

Why?
Cos it's like my
bullet
proof.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Mboi: 11:08am On Nov 17, 2013
I say our lords prayer everyday I wake up from sleep and it gives me confidence. I like dat prayer coz it covers all things u'll need to ask from God for ur day to be a nice one and ever since I've been saying dat prayer faithfully,God has been so wonderful to me. I don't cast and bind,asking God to set fire on my enemies,but through the prayer I ask god to protect me from all evil and lead me not into temtation. As long as u're not at spiritual war with the devil,our lords prayer is a prayer u say in a day and u're ok. Praying for one hour every morning is not a must. Before u tell God ur problem he already knows but he wants u to seek his face and have faith in him tru prayers den every other thing shall be added unto ur life for good.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2013
I say it often,even when am lazy to pray,or being afraid of outcome of something...The Lord is my sherperd,I shall not want.........

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by skydeep(f): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2013
I say it everyday

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:22am On Nov 17, 2013
I just said it now.

3 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by italo: 11:29am On Nov 17, 2013
alpha conde: I pray the our father in the rosary almost 8 times within 20minutes, I find solace in this simple prayer than some tougues speaking and vigils. And my life is very peaceful. Who else experiences this?

Me oh!

I have acquaintances who tell me "come to this anointing service," "let us go and see this man of God,"

I say no.

I go to mass, hear the word of God, receive Jesus in Communion, pray my Rosary...and my life is at peace unlike them always jumping from frypan to fire.

4 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by pinkrex(m): 11:30am On Nov 17, 2013
swhiss: The Lords prayer is nt rily a prayer we shld be reciting, its like a model jesus christ set to guide us on how to enrich our prayerS so as for it to be heard by GOD
mathew 6:9-13-

verse9:....our father in heaven, hallowed be thy name--> wich means wen we ar praying we shld acknowledge God as the almighty.

verse10: let ur kingdom come...ur will be done on earth as in heaven--> means dat in our prayer we shld ask for Gods kingdom to come...(of course we all knw de condition of life in heaven, its a direct opposite of wat we see in dis wicked world, so we shld pray 4 such condition 2 b established hre on earth).

Verse 11: give us today our daily bread--> we shld as well beg God to provide for us our daily needs.

Verse 12: and forgive us our debts, as we also forgiven our debtors--> wen praying we should solicit for Gods forgivness...and for our prayers to be heard we shld as well forgive those who wrong us.

Verse 13: and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one--> we shld ask for Gods protection from temptations that cn compromise our relationship wit him, and he shld shield us frm harm.
What's the difference between the standard for guidance and the prayer it self? The bible and christ is not hypocritical or stand in public or open corners to use long grammar to seek God. Everything you explaiined remained the same.. That prayer is complete and means the same thing long or short. When you live the heavenly lifestyle, you don't need a 'Nigerian prayer'.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by tommyrondo: 11:44am On Nov 17, 2013
Burger01: Every blessed day of my life. Why? because it gives me confidence and protection in every sphere of my life.. Really, "the Lord is my Shepherd"...and I shall fear no evil..

od.e ,this is our Lords prayer thread not psalm 23.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by tommyrondo: 11:48am On Nov 17, 2013
Yomieluv: I say it often,even when am lazy to pray,or being afraid of outcome of something...The Lord is my sherperd,I shall not want.........
r u sure u r a christian and u don't know d diff btw our Lords prayer and psalm 23. Sorry.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by daroz(m): 11:57am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

How?
'How' as how? Is'nt it obvious?
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Jusmudi(m): 12:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo: As a Catholic, I say it at least 8 times everyday.

3. I say it once while praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

May the Lord answer our prayers. What prayer can be more pleasing to God than this one uttered by his own mouth.

@OP, you didn't tell how often you say it.
God bless u my broda. Bt na ist pag tins
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by lastmessenger: 12:11pm On Nov 17, 2013
Back in secondary school days.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) / When Was The Last Time You Cried And Repented Of Wrong Against Someone? / WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ELEBURU IKE(A YORUBA WORD) IN ENGLISH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.