Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why (7070 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji: I Am Not Like The Arrogant Characters I Play / “i’m Not Bothered That People Think I Am Arrogant” – Wizkid / Nigeria’s 5 Most Arrogant/rude Celebrities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by chachacorner: 8:24am On Nov 17, 2013
http://chachacorner.com/ghanaians-throw-shade-akon-wizkid-call-wizkid-arrogant-sidekick-see/

I really do wonder why Ghanains love to throw Nigerians to the curb and yet we wont let them be; they've even gone as far as calling Wizkid ”an arrogant side kick” that’s just the limit!

Ahead of the upcoming concert that will see the likes of Akon, WizKid, Sarkodie and more in Ghana, controversy sparks! In a recent video shoot for an up and coming Akon and WizKid video, some Ghanaian models and girl were called upon to participate by the directors a few days ahead of the shoot. Presumably prior to Akon and Wiz Kids arrival in Ghana.

A model reported on the day of the shoot some girls were turned away as the agent (or the man responsible for calling them) informed them that “they now want half cast girls”. A term used to describe girls with mixed heritage, usually ones with white blood in them.

“THEY”, most likely referring to WizKid, Akon and/or his music video producer, turning away a fleet of arrivals originally requested to attend by the model scout. In fact, the agent requested if the girls could help him seek light skinned girls because ‘THEY’ were so adamant on this request even on late notice.

Nigeria, where WizKid is from, and Senegal where Akon is from, are countries both flooded with girls bleaching their skin simply because of such discrimination and being made to feel ugly if dark. Not just in media and modelling, but general favours in life. Whilst there are good people in both countries trying to reverse the self esteem damage of such activities such as Adama Paris who banned skinned bleach models from the Senegalese national fashion week, Akon and Wiz Kid’s team are trying to further such acts internationally.

If this is the intentions Akon and the arrogant side kick WizKid wish to introduce to Ghana, then we will be more than glad to uninvite them. Unfortunately for these bigots, Ghana has never been a land where girls are discriminated for skin tone in any field. In such matters, it is obvious they will pass the blame onto an employee to maintain their reputation. But for any such behavior, both these artists should be boycotted until their position is clarified.

It’s a shame that grown men who might be an inspiration to some still hover the Earth will a very small minded approach when it comes to reality. It might come across as simply music video request, but it’s a habit existing in our countries born out of colonial rule, that unfortunately is also birth of skin colour discrimination and self esteem damage.

Thank God Sarkodie did not sign to Akon’s label Konvict. All I can say is I am looking forward to the departure of Akon and Wizkid from Ghana. That would be great news. In fact we would be very glad if any model continues to report any such activities going on in Africa (with remits) so we can name and shame the real perpetrators behind the skin bleaching epidemic.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by Airforce1(m): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2013
This is it mehn..
U gotta be light skinned like Mayapop, Toyorsi to be on that video..
And if u not, go bleach.

Simple!
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by tutaboi(m): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2013
hmmmm...."kettle" shouldn't be call "pot" black. plsssssssss!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by Akshow: 9:06am On Nov 17, 2013
Its their show n video n they can choose to use any kind of model they like after all its not as if ghanian artist are guilty free of using mix race. From their actors and actresses to their models and all dere music videos na so so bi racial gals full there so what are they ranting abt. N.B I particularly detest seeing bi racial gals in all naija videos bt make Ghana shooorrop.

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by skullz: 10:06am On Nov 17, 2013
grin hahaha i no stop laff,
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by skullz: 10:08am On Nov 17, 2013
grin hahaha i no stop laff... sore-A-losers
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by freda506(f): 10:25am On Nov 17, 2013
Akshow: Its their show n video n they can choose to use any kind of model they like after all its not as if ghanian artist are guilty free of using mix race. From their actors and actresses to their models and all dere music videos na so so bi racial gals full there so what are they ranting abt. N.B I particularly detest seeing bi racial gals in all naija videos bt make Ghana shooorrop.
thanks Nadia and Juliet are good examples!!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by IAMBREEZY: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2013
Good
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by sylvar02(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2013
ebim: Indian human hair at affordable prices for sale.pin 7C47DE6A

Lmao!!! Ok
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by GHKWAME1: 11:59am On Nov 17, 2013
freda506:
thanks Nadia and Juliet are good examples!!
Jackie Appiah and Lydia Forson are bad examples right?
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by GHKWAME1: 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2013
Akshow: Its their show n video n they can choose to use any kind of model they like after all its not as if ghanian artist are guilty free of using mix race. From their actors and actresses to their models and all dere music videos na so so bi racial gals full there so what are they ranting abt. N.B I particularly detest seeing bi racial gals in all naija videos bt make Ghana shooorrop.
Why should Ghanaians shooorrop? Its our territory and we have the right to protest and highlight the discriminatory practice... How many biracial Ghanaian models and actors do you know? Sarkodie, Vip, Samini, Tinny, Chris Attoh, Albert Kuvodu, Ama K.Abeberese, Anima Misa Amoah, Beverlyn Afaglo, Bob Smith Jnr, David Dontoh, David Oscar, Ebi Bright
Ekow Smith
, among others are they mixed race? So what bullsheet are you spewing that biracial actresses and models of are full in Ghana?

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by Akshow: 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2013
GH^KWAME:
Why should Ghanaians shooorrop? Its our territory and we have the right to protest and highlight the discriminatory practice... How many biracial Ghanaian models and actors do you know? Sarkodie, Vip, Samini, Tinny, Chris Attoh, Albert Kuvodu, Ama K.Abeberese, Anima Misa Amoah, Beverlyn Afaglo, Bob Smith Jnr, David Dontoh, David Oscar, Ebi Bright
Ekow Smith
, among others are they mixed race? So what bullsheet are you spewing that biracial actresses and models of are full in Ghana?
u forgot van Vic whatever his name is. Nadia buhari, Juliet Ibrahim. heck miss Ghana's rep in miss world a few years back is bi racial so what da fvck are u telling me? see Ghanaians can only try and make noise, we run the show in entertainment in Africa. so all this their petty jealousy will do them no good and get them no where.

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2013
undecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by sopoundz(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
*sipping my ciroc* diz post z gonna get interesting. #teamOBO
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by safarigirl(f): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2013
bros abeg tell them. Akon and Wizkid been think say Ghana get plenty girls wey resemble Nadia Buari and Juliet Ibrahim, na Ghana do false advertisement. Wetin dem mean by 'Nigeria and Senegal are filled with bleaching women'? No be Ghana send that rainbow-colored Selly for BBA?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by GHKWAME1: 2:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
safarigirl: bros abeg tell them. Akon and Wizkid been think say Ghana get plenty girls wey resemble Nadia Buari and Juliet Ibrahim, na Ghana do false advertisement. Wetin dem mean by 'Nigeria and Senegal are filled with bleaching women'? No be Ghana send that rainbow-colored Selly for BBA?
Yeah! Whilst Nigeria sent oporoko Karen_Igho to BBA.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by PetroDolla2: 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
GH^KWAME:
Yeah! Whilst Nigeria sent oporoko Goldie to BBA last year!
grin grin grin grin grin grin right on point grin
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by GHKWAME1: 3:11pm On Nov 17, 2013
PetroDolla2: grin grin grin grin grin grin right on point grin
I dunno why they always bring us(Ghanaians) into their ish.
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by sopoundz(m): 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
GH^KWAME:
Yeah! Whilst Nigeria sent oporoko Goldie to BBA last year!
plz respect d dead
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by GHKWAME1: 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
sopoundz: plz respect d dead
Biko, I will re-phrase. I think karen_igho will be an appropriate replacement.
Re: Ghanaians Call Wizkid ”arrogant Sidekick” See Why by killuminati(m): 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
Banku and tilapia-asss-niggas!undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wow: Checkout Actress Genevieve Nnaji Touching Biography/scandals and more..... / Dr. Crazeclown (Papa-ade)Full Biography, What He Read In School Will Shock You!! / White Nigerian Man Wears Nigerian Jersey And Nose Masks With His Family (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.