Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,972 members, 7,956,639 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:02 PM

Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) (38788 Views)

It's Wise To Rent A House During Rainy Season In Lagos (photo) / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by NL1960: 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
spyder880:

Part of the balcony is meant to serve as the kitchen on each unit. These units don't come with in built toilets, you will see how I work around the toilet/bathroom issue later on.

Consider the following points:

(1) If two people are going to be sharing a balcony, be prepared to start settling tenants quarrels because the boundary is not clearly demarcated for the two. You can consider a low separating wall to act as boundary because you might have a tenant who scatters things all over the balcony while the other person might not like it.

(2) The balcony serving as the kitchen for each unit is somehow dangerous because if people start cooking with stoves, the heat and smoke will engulf the whole veranda and since the place is enclosed, that is dangerous. In the event of fire from an explosive stove due to bad kerosene, what happens

(3) If there is space on either side, Gabbytaddy's idea of having back-me-i-back-you would have been appropriate. Cooking in such a design will take the heat and smoke outside because each veranda is facing outside and not enclosed.

(4) Be ready for police case in such situations like 'he has been sleeping with my wife', For example, imagine a full blooded young man is sharing the veranda with a married couple and the woman is young and the husband travels and cold dey, wetin go happen espercially if the young man comes out showing his macho frame. Wahala dey o.

(5) Since the balcony is inside the enclosed veranda, i do not really see the purpose it will serve as people might likely not relax in it as it is in the veranda. People tend to relax outside to take fresh air in face-me-i-face-you.

This is all i can come up with for now. If i remember more, i go add.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by mufutau55(m): 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
NL1960:

Consider the following points:

(1) You can consider a low separating wall to act as boundary,.....

I like this idea of separation... it's now like a semi privacy on the balcony... Good idea NL1960.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
mufutau55:

I like this idea of separation... it's now like a semi privacy on the balcony... Good idea NL1960.

Hajji Mufutau

A low separating wall will not solve the problem of troublesome neighbors, I have a complete wall separating each unit from each other. If you are standing in your unit, you cannot see the other neighbor in his balcony except you walk round to his door step. I have a model already built, I will show the pictures when I visit that house.
We are always thinking out solutions before the problem starts.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Fhemmmy: 8:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
spyder880:

A low separating wall will not solve the problem of troublesome neighbors, I have a complete wall separating each unit from each other. If you are standing in your unit, you cannot see the other neighbor in his balcony except you walk round to his door step. I have a model already built, I will show the pictures when I visit that house.

Full Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing i was thinking is how they would cook at the balcony during raining season
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by mufutau55(m): 9:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
spyder880:

Good. But I thought you said two rooms and then a partition.. I was thinking of more each room with separation wall (partition).
May be I am not reading it well...

This is what I read on Page 1: "Each of these rooms here will have balconies in front, demarcated with a block wall every two
room to enhance more privacy."

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Fhemmmy: 9:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
mufutau55:

Good. But I thought you said two rooms and then a partition.. I was thinking of more each room with separation wall (partition).

Hajji Mufutau

I am sure the pix from Spyder will give better understanding to all this . . .
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by mufutau55(m): 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I am sure the pix from Spyder will give better understanding to all this . . .

I trust Oga Spyder always have all avenues covered.. I was just trying to understand the plan.. It's a good implementation
for us poor people.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Fhemmmy: 9:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
mufutau55:

I trust Oga Spyder always have all avenues covered.. I was just trying to understand the plan.. It's a good implementation
for us poor people.

Hajji Mufutau

Fhemmmy did not see that one oh, cos we know those that make things happen
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by NL1960: 4:02am On Nov 27, 2013
mufutau55:

This is what I read on Page 1: "Each of these rooms here will have balconies in front, demarcated with a block wall every two
room to enhance more privacy."

Hajji Mufutau

@Hajji Mufutau, it was this statement that also raised my antenna and it is also shown in the pictures. Anyway, let me wait Spyder pictures on the model that has been done.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 5:27am On Nov 27, 2013
NL1960:

@Hajji Mufutau, it was this statement that also raised my antenna and it is also shown in the pictures. Anyway, let me wait Spyder pictures on the model that has been done.

There will be a wall after each two rooms, but between each room there will be a wooden separator, plywood or plastic materials are normally used for this. I will get the pictures later.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 5:29am On Nov 27, 2013
There will still be reinforcements at several places, some pillars and the foundation beams.

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 5:30am On Nov 27, 2013
Filling the final level with sharp sand, filling continues today.

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by mufutau55(m): 5:39am On Nov 27, 2013
spyder880:
There will be a wall after each two rooms, but between each room there will be a wooden separator,
plywood or plastic materials are normally used for this. I will get the pictures later.

Thank you Oga Spyder for the clarifications.. I know you will have all the angles covered.
Now I can see which way you are going.. Pardon us, we are just trying to learn along the way.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by mufutau55(m): 5:41am On Nov 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Fhemmmy did not see that one oh, cos we know those that make things happen

Aha! "We, the poor people."

Hajji M.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Fhemmmy: 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
mufutau55:

Aha! "We, the poor people."

Hajji M.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by bebe2(f): 10:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
how much does one cost in lagos or enugu where this propery is.

i think i jus found a use for my less than half plot in iyesi near agbara.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Fhemmmy: 10:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
bebe2: how much does one cost in lagos or enugu where this propery is.

You gotta pay Spyder some fees oh
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by bebe2(f): 11:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You gotta pay Spyder some fees oh

hahaha i no mind o
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Fhemmmy: 1:12am On Nov 28, 2013
Oga Spyder, your students are waiting for updates oh
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 6:02am On Nov 28, 2013
Fhemmmy: Oga Spyder, your students are waiting for updates oh

More updates later Sir wink
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Whitehorse: 10:50am On Nov 28, 2013
bebe2: how much does one cost in lagos or enugu where this propery is.

@Bebe2
Is Iyesi in Ogun state?

@ Alll
One other thing i think in such about types of land is asking yourself if its better to wait for a few years for the area to open up a bit and then build.

For example, the double plot i have by Checking bus stop, along Badagry expressway (like 10mins drive from Agbara), i got in 2009. There was ABSOLUTELY nothing in that particular section of land, just forest. I was the first person to buy there. I just fenced and left it. As of now (2013), the area looks like below (first pic). Second pic shows my property under development.

So, I'm sure Oga Spyder must have considered the pro's vs cons of building now (with this single room design) vs building later (with a more upscale design)... It's all about the ROI again...

By the way OgaSpyder, you've not answered my question about student hostels vs this type of investment in Enugu. No vex abeg o. I'm hear to learn

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by alotofgrace(m): 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
Spyder Nwannem..

Good job.

Please what state is this project in?! As Im sure you would not divulge the site location online.

I'm asking because I'm at that point where property is my next major investment. I'm looking for good land, in a decent area that is affordable.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by mutaalim(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Where is the site located ?
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
^^^ Nike area of Enugu town.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by bettercreature(m): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
You are not a good engineer,who adviced you to use size 6 blocks for Foundation ?
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Miner13: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Yes sir

present sir

oga i dey class o

y u com dey talk say i no com. C my writin materials nau.
Biko
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Miner13: 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
frodobee: I am in. Thank you for the free knowledge bits.
Dont fail to call on us for your granite needs- in the field of mining and exploration of GRANITE, PAUL-B NIG PLC walks the talk.
any space for mining engineer?
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Miner13: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
spyder880: When investing in this class of properties, I dont go looking for well developed plots, I look inside, in a less developed area. That is where I buy plots that are cheap enough to give me the profit I seek.
ok sir
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by sayso: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
Bros Spyder,remember December don reach ooooh.My call will come in the next 3 weeks.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
bebe2:

hahaha i no mind o

i sent you a mail, kindly reply. Thank you
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by kostadinis: 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
spyder880:

My brother, that is why I always seek out cheap lands in developing areas for this type of investment. This land cost less than N2m and I plan to complete this house with about N5m till painting level. I am still calculating to reap the whole cost of land + building in 8 years or less.

We cannot stop investing in properties because we don't have N20m or more to buid a block of flats. And how many years can I wait to reap all my money from the block of flats? If it takes me longer to reap my money from the block of flats then the single rooms might be a better investment option, IMHO.

More contribution from more people is expected, let me have your criticisms about this option.

My brother, the bottom line is that 90 percent of our population is living on less than two Dollar a day. And definitely needs shelter. I appreciate the innovative ideas you have shown in the plan of this house. It is a clear depature from the very standard in vogue. Even the tiniest modification geared at giving comfort to those at that level should be commended by all. You did just that

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) / The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee / Re: 10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.