Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. (2706 Views)

Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / Mentally-Unstable Woman Seen With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba, Lagos / What Really Is The Way To A Man's Heart? (for The Men Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by dayokanu(m): 11:58am On Nov 18, 2013
It depends on the house I have seen some Nigerian women who dont do anything and depend on housegirl to even pick remote control for them

While growing up all the kids in my house had their responsibility every morning I had my own portion which I sweep daily
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Odunharry(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
uj_sizzle: I think it all boils down to upbringing. I know men who would rather cut their arms off than do a single house chore, and there are those who can perform every known task in the book.
Society has made it that it's a woman's position to take care of domestic chores, while the man takes the role of breadwinner.

I guess they think we're super humans, but if you train your boys to handle certain house chores then they'll keep up with it in marriage smiley

I remember my dad doing absolutely nada in the house as a growing child. When situations changed, he became superman--cooking, laundry, bathing us etc. You either struggle to adapt to change when things are different, or you die waiting for someone to do the basics for you.

Now, i train every male around me to handle some task.
E.g. A girl cannot pound fufu or yam when able bodied young men are in the house.
She should not fetch water when men are available.
Do the cooking when she'll be late home. Hell, I can direct my brothers on what to cook and how to do it over the phone.

Like I said, it all boils down to training. You need to teach them to work or they won't do it. If society has taught them to depend on women, it's time for a reorientation.

nyc...in my family almst evrybody is involve.any chore mum can do,we do it too..mayb cos it made up of guys mainly..
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by nbright: 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
ITbomb: Most annoying is a house where the male children just lazy about and the female are expected to fetch water (from outside) then still come back to prepare food .
You do that in my house!... God bless my mom.. I recieve knocks on my head then eh... Thanks to her, now I am a domesticated man.. I can cook, wash plates, price foodstuffs in the market, sweep the compound.. But I still hate mopping the floors.. I just hate it with a passion that's frightening..

2 Likes

Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
nbright: You do that in my house!... God bless my mom.. I recieve knocks on my head then eh... Thanks to her, now I am a domesticated man.. I can cook, wash plates, price foodstuffs in the market, sweep the compound.. But I still hate mopping the floors.. I just hate it with a passion that's frightening..
lolzz! She taught you well. Thats how it should be....
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by osmosisi: 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
Smartie gurl: Ever since i have come of age to know my left from ma right. I have noticed the fact that women are really stronger than men in some areas of life.

Take for instance, my mum, she never seems to get tired doing anything, but then my Dad, godamn it! Ever since i was a kid, have never seen him wash an ordinary handkerchief, not to talk of washing his wears. Father can never bend down to even sweep.lolzz, i keep wondering if its weakness or just men and there usual pride. Thank God say na my brothers them the wash his clothes, cuz me don't have that strength.

So people, is it just ma own Dad or is it still same with yours?

That is ur dad ooo. My own never gets tired alwayz working.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by dazekid(m): 1:56am On Nov 20, 2013
In my house we are just boys.. growing up though it was just me and my younger brother so my mum made me do all the work...so basically I can do any house chore...
But for some reason which I don't know, nowadays if I am not the only one in my house, I tend to not do anything so my housemates say I am lazy but when I am the only one in the house me and dirt don't relate... I too dey clean.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2013
dazekid: In my house we are just boys.. growing up though it was just me and my younger brother so my mum made me do all the work...so basically I can do any house chore...
But for some reason which I don't know, nowadays if I am not the only one in my house, I tend to not do anything so my housemates say I am lazy but when I am the only one in the house me and dirt don't relate... I too dey clean.
confirm! But why pretend to be lazy?
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Tinkybabe(f): 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
It boils down to the upbringing.For men that are lazy and believe they have no business doing house chores,their mentality and training should be faulted and this is mostly due to the influence their mothers had on them.

In a household where the female child is responsible for everything,cleaning,cooking,washing etc while the male child is treated like a demi god and left to do nothing you can imagine the type of man such a boy would grow up to become.

I thank God for the type of family I was raised in-no gender possesses the monopoly of a chore.
And this is the same mentality that would be instilled in my kids,boy and girl.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
Tinkybabe: It boils down to the upbringing.For men that are lazy and believe they have no business doing house chores,their mentality and training should be faulted and this is mostly due to the influence their mothers had on them.

In a household where the female child is responsible for everything,cleaning,cooking,washing etc while the male child is treated like a demi god and left to do nothing you can imagine the type of man such a boy would grow up to become.

I thank God for the type of family I was raised in-no gender possesses the monopoly of a chore.
And this is the same mentality that would be instilled in my kids,boy and girl.
thank you o'jare. That's how it should be....
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by zeb04(f): 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
@smart gal,wen u were younger,wen u were just peeing about nd soaking ur panties,I guess ur dad was alwys helpin ur mum in tidyin up,arranging d bed nd d rest. U just didn't notice cz u were stil litl. Wen I was litl my dad wld cook nd clean smtyms. Bt nw we r all grown up, we don't expect him 2 stil clean d house nd wash his clothes,nt nice. Ah! Bt these days my dad sends a lot. He wil jst cal Zeb, com nd off d fan in ma rum,nd he is lyin on d bed. Zeb bring me water,wen I bring it his goin 2 say .... Is it d alkaline water or normal water. Zeb look for my socks in my drawer or he wil say can smone in dis house make sm tea for me. The 2 most anoyin is Zeb com nd pull my socks frm my leg(hmm as big as I am oh) nd yes wen he coms bck late frm work mayb by 11pm Zeb hw can u b sleepin comfortably wen u knw ur dad is nt bck frm work,next tym sit at d sitting rum nd wait 4 me ist. Smtyms ehn I jst want 2 faint,I dunno if it old age,anyways buy febuary I wil b getting my own house,ah! Tnk God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Babies Fall Sick When They Start Teething / 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... / Guys, Don't Get Married If You Work In A Private Establishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.