Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... (2709 Views)

How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? / HIV+ Woman Hides Her Status From Her Husband Before Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by SSpeter(m): 12:37am On Dec 01, 2015
I sat at the corner of a bar to do my usual orijin ritual before heading home, a group of married men and women were sitting close close to my table spitting out fat lies about marriage and other stuffs using the "Church" as a base for the lies. I was peeved listening to their conversation and I didn't want to change my table cos that we make me sit close to the speakers........These were some of the lies

1. There is a woman created for every man....

2. It is God that gives a wife....

3. Let God choose a wife for you

4. Only prayer can lead you to your partner

5. People should tell their pastors the name of their partners so that he can pray to see if they meant to be

6 if a pastor does not bless a union it is not ordained by God

7. Once you are interested in a sister let your intentions known to the pastor

8. Empties the final glass of orijin couldn't take the trash anymore...

Let me clarify some vague assertions these pastors (especially pentecostal) are selling to us about marriage

1. It is a fat lie nobody was created for another person. Man was created in the image of God to explore the earth. Man was not constrained by God in terms of choice. If you say for every man is a wife that means Oba lamidi that has four wives has technically take three men slots because those women were created for other people ryt?. If a man dies before getting married are you saying the woman created for him will never get married? Or will she be a substitute? Poor reasoning....or because the catholic priests don't get married hence the women created for them will not get married? There is NO one created for another.

2. Even the bible states that "he who finds a wife finds a good thing (you find) and obtains favour from God"...God favours or bless a union after you have searched for the bride. God does not give you a wife. So that you don't cry like Adam saying "it was the woman you gave to me"....that made me fall. If it was so then Adam is not to blame. But Adam had a choice, before he knew Eve intimately. He could choose not to. God didn't force Adam. Looking at the Adam scenario holistically, the fact that God approved of the union did not guarantee the union's fate. It was still swallowed by disaster man makes his choices.

3. It is obvious God does not choose wives so go find it yourself...I can tell you without bias that most marriages celebrated in the "church" ends in divorce more than all the marriages celebrated else where...is not funny? The 2 months marriage classes, foundation classes and seminars are ceremonial routines....if you apply them on cheating wife/husband your Ass would be stuck at the magistrate court signing divorce papers...

4 This is one fat lie. The principles of getting a good wife is already in the word of God. Search for those principles and adopt them you don't need 1 month dry fasting to do so...you don't need additional schooling....

5. Once you tell me you have taken my name to your pastor for him to pray about our supposed union, that day the union is about falling part because I won't have a wife whose confidence is on her pastor. These pastors and churches have made "Marriage" look like it is higher than Mt. Everest...tougher than mortal Kombat....and talks about it like it is rocket science; an enigma only them can decipher....well they are now signing papers too.....

6. As long as you go to the family of your wife for formal introduction. Marriage is Almost established after the family hands you their daughter; bro you are married. invite the pastor/church later for item 7/owambe.

7 what if the pastor is unmarried and is interested in that same sister? Do you think the pastor will believe that God spoke to you and left him?....or what if the pastor is about recommending the sweet sister for his son or nephew?...you don enter APC motor (one chance)

I believe we have dragged marriage into religion so much that it is no longer a social and cultural activity. It is now a religious act. But remember we were not recording huge figures when it was cultural/social now that peopled supposedly filled with the spirit are dictating the pace....the damage done to this institution is quite immense....

10 Likes

Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by talktonase(m): 12:51am On Dec 01, 2015
You have spoken well...see as ORIGIN sharpen your antennas enough for us to gain such good information...I like the pragmatic approach and i plead with many nigerians to stop deceiving them selves that God has ordained one girl which needs affirmation by the so called pastor.Sin has corrupted this bodies of ours and we should learn to manage with each others weaknesses.Gbamm!!!
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by Godfather92(m): 1:01am On Dec 01, 2015
I can't Stop laughing.... And laughter shall never cease in my mouth IJN.... Amen

2 Likes

Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by SSpeter(m): 1:22am On Dec 01, 2015
talktonase:
You have spoken well...see as ORIGIN sharpen your antennas enough for us to gain such good information...I like the pragmatic approach and i plead with many nigerians to stop deceiving them selves that God has ordained one girl which needs affirmation by the so called pastor.Sin has corrupted this bodies of ours and we should learn to manage with each others weaknesses.Gbamm!!!
Dude two bottles of orijin for you...
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by SSpeter(m): 1:24am On Dec 01, 2015
Godfather92:
I can't Stop laughing.... And laughter shall never cease in my mouth IJN.... Amen
....yeah bro don't let them scam you...
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by SAMBARRY: 1:54am On Dec 01, 2015
Ermm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by menix(m): 3:19am On Dec 01, 2015
How come no man has found Genevive, Linda Ikeji etc abi nah Aliens fit get their Coordinates...

Off to google make I fit find my wife...

1 Like

Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by SSpeter(m): 6:31am On Dec 01, 2015
menix:
How come no man has found Genevive, Linda Ikeji etc abi nah Aliens fit get their Coordinates...

Off to google make I fit find my wife...
Who told you they are not turning down offers? Even widows are getting married and widowers doing same...it is all about you making choices...bro...Thank God you are searching google....lol...
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by SSpeter(m): 6:36am On Dec 01, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Ermm
destiny too big? ......lol....even bill Gates, Carlos slim, Dangote et al no collect marriage confirmation from their pastors or imam...neither were they spiritual about their wives. But you have pst. Chris, Okotie et al getting divorced up nd down...I hope they did they marry anyone?

1 Like

Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by SAMBARRY: 7:14am On Dec 01, 2015
SSpeter:
destiny too big? ......lol....even bill Gates, Carlos slim, Dangote et al no collect marriage confirmation from their pastors or imam...neither were they spiritual about their wives. But you have pst. Chris, Okotie et al getting divorced up nd down...I hope they did they marry anyone?
wink

Now you've gotten the point

1 Like

Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by PresVA: 7:16am On Dec 01, 2015
I wonder why people involve pastors in their romantic relationships? You know the person you're dating more than anyone else including pastors. .
Is the pastor going to live with you after marriage?

I believe in God but seriously can't meet any man of God to affirm my marriage. . I have my own spirit of discernment. ..

Anyway, to each his own....

2 Likes

Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by oluwadartey: 7:46am On Dec 01, 2015
I'm waiting for the holier than thou brothers and sisters to come and tear this thread/the op apart.

1 Like

Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by SSpeter(m): 7:52am On Dec 01, 2015
PresVA:
I wonder why people involve pastors in their romantic relationships? You know the person you're dating more than anyone else including pastors. .
Is the pastor going to live with you after marriage?

I believe in God but seriously can't meet any man of God to affirm my marriage. . I have my own spirit of discernment. ..

Anyway, to each his own....
Yeah you need no confirmation from a pastor. The biblical principles are there to guide you.............lalasticlala....do something to this stuff na lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by menix(m): 7:54am On Dec 01, 2015
SSpeter:
Who told you they are not turning down offers? Even widows are getting married and widowers doing same...it is all about you making choices...bro...Thank God you are searching google....lol...

Turning down offers

Soon they will turn down age too.
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by PresVA: 8:51am On Dec 01, 2015
oluwadartey:
I'm waiting for the holier than thou brothers and sisters to come and tear this thread/the op apart.
So if I don't agree with the op, it makes me holier than thou? Must everyone tow same path in life? Why are people always so fast to call others hypocrites when they don't agree?...
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by jashar(f): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2015
I have a problem with you saying 'church'. What is the Church?
But, let's not go into that. I don't like typing much.
I don't know about where others fellowship ; but where I fellowship, and in all the places I've been to, I've never heard these 'lies' as you put them.

Know God for yourself through His Word.
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by tenderlaw(m): 12:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
Church has had a long history of scamming people. They just wanna have firm control over all aspects of your life. SMH
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by SSpeter(m): 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
tenderlaw:
Church has had a long history of scamming people. They just wanna have firm control over all aspects of your life. SMH
True talk dude.....Later in day you deserve orijin...
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by SSpeter(m): 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
jashar:
I have a problem with you saying 'church'. What is the Church?
But, let's not go into that. I don't like typing much.
I don't know about where others fellowship ; but where I fellowship, and in all the places I've been to, I've never heard these 'lies' as you put them.

Know God for yourself through His Word.
These lies stares at you, you hear them everywhere but you pretend like it doesn't exist....... undecided
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by jashar(f): 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
SSpeter:
These lies stares at you, you hear them everywhere but you pretend like it doesn't exist....... undecided

If the lie is facing you, speak for yourself. I know what I'm facing. undecided
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by austine4real(m): 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
These are original facts
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by whitestar01(m): 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
These are not lies if you walk with GODbut ur foolish wisdom have caused u to understand, & most spiritually myopic pastors have joined when GOD hv not.
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by Pidggin(f): 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
SSpeter:
I sat at the corner of a bar to do my usual orijin ritual before heading home, a group of married men and women were sitting close close to my table spitting out fat lies about marriage and other stuffs using the "Church" as a base for the lies. I was peeved listening to their conversation and I didn't want to change my table cos that we make me sit close to the speakers........These were some of the lies

5. People should tell their pastors the name of their partners so that he can pray to see if they meant to be

Let me clarify some vague assertions these pastors (especially pentecostal) are selling to us about marriage

1. It is a fat lie nobody was created for another person. Man was created in the image of God to explore the earth. Man was not constrained by God in terms of choice. If you say for every man is a wife that means Oba lamidi that has four wives has technically take three men slots because those women were created for other people ryt?. If a man dies before getting married are you saying the woman created for him will never get married? Or will she be a substitute? Poor reasoning....or because the catholic priests don't get married hence the women created for them will not get married? There is NO one created for another.

2. Even the bible states that "he who finds a wife finds a good thing (you find) and obtains favour from God"...God favours or bless a union after you have searched for the bride. God does not give you a wife. So that you don't cry like Adam saying "it was the woman you gave to me"....that made me fall. If it was so then Adam is not to blame. But Adam had a choice, before he knew Eve intimately. He could choose not to. God didn't force Adam. Looking at the Adam scenario holistically, the fact that God approved of the union did not guarantee the union's fate. It was still swallowed by disaster man makes his choices.

3. It is obvious God does not choose wives so go find it yourself...I can tell you without bias that most marriages celebrated in the "church" ends in divorce more than all the marriages celebrated else where...is not funny? The 2 months marriage classes, foundation classes and seminars are ceremonial routines....if you apply them on cheating wife/husband your Ass would be stuck at the magistrate court signing divorce papers...

4 This is one fat lie. The principles of getting a good wife is already in the word of God. Search for those principles and adopt them you don't need 1 month dry fasting to do so...you don't need additional schooling....

5. Once you tell me you have taken my name to your pastor for him to pray about our supposed union, that day the union is about falling part because I won't have a wife whose confidence is on her pastor. These pastors and churches have made "Marriage" look like it is higher than Mt. Everest...tougher than mortal Kombat....and talks about it like it is rocket science; an enigma only them can decipher....well they are now signing papers too.....

6. As long as you go to the family of your wife for formal introduction. Marriage is Almost established after the family hands you their daughter; bro you are married. invite the pastor/church later for item 7/owambe.

7 what if the pastor is unmarried and is interested in that same sister? Do you think the pastor will believe that God spoke to you and left him?....or what if the pastor is about recommending the sweet sister for his son or nephew?...you don enter APC motor (one chance)

I believe we have dragged marriage into religion so much that it is no longer a social and cultural activity. It is now a religious act. But remember we were not recording huge figures when it was cultural/social now that peopled supposedly filled with the spirit are dictating the pace....the damage done to this institution is quite immense....

Is this verse also a lie? (Provs 19:14)Home and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a sensible wife comes from the LORD.
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by Vikky014(f): 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2015
SSpeter:

God bless you
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by johnson232: 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
Pidggin:

Is this verse also a lie? (Provs 19:14)Home and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a sensible wife comes from the LORD.

Senseless rubbish!!!
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by johnson232: 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
jashar:

If the lie is facing you, speak for yourself. I know what I'm facing. undecided
what are u facing?

senseless rubbish!!!
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by Pidggin(f): 9:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
johnson232:

Senseless rubbish!!!

What part of the statement was senseless or rubbish, are you wiser than King Solomon? You better stop spewing trash with your pointless posts.
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by jashar(f): 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
johnson232:

what are u facing?

senseless rubbish!!!

How's my life any of your business now ehn?

Abeg waka pass with your frustration ooo. I no follow you talk.
Re: 8 Solid Lies The Church Tells You Before Marriage... by oluwadartey: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2015
PresVA:
So if I don't agree with the op, it makes me holier than thou? Must everyone tow same path in life? Why are people always so fast to call others hypocrites when they don't agree?...

It's not my business if you don't agree with the op, the op stated his opinion and you're entitled to yours also.

The op is not helping you tow your path in life, neither is he saying you must agree to what he typed, you're entitled to your opinion and how you want to tow your path in life.

Can you read? Did I call anyone an hypocrite?

(1) (Reply)

Emotional Abuse / I Think I Am Going To Commit Murder Tonight / Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.