Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Defend Catholic Teachings Here - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Defend Catholic Teachings Here (21637 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by POPEII: 12:17am On Nov 21, 2013
Our saints are not dead Op so remove your 6 & 7
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

They are claiming to follow...or rather following their personal interpretations of "everything with its principle in the Bible."

After all, if they were actually following all Biblical principles like you say, they wouldn't have a bilion denominations.

An example: the Church has always believed Holy Communion to be the Body and blood of Christ but they believe differently and aren't even united in their belief...yet they are all "following all Bible principles.

the Catholic Church are not even united in there teachings. they have persons/groups with different believes.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 2:12am On Nov 21, 2013
truthislight:

We all sometimes tell ourselves what that makes us feel ire.

But that does not chancge the truth.

The word "Christian" has the word 'christ' in it and means > followers of christ.

But i dont know on what basis the word catholic takes the place/superseeds the word christian or follower of christ.

How can that be possible ?

With all due respect, this post makes no sense.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 3:53am On Nov 21, 2013
Enigma:
Roman Catholic Church

“We declare, state, define and pronounce that it is altogether necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff. (‘Pope’ Boniface VIII, Unam Sanctam; statement made ex cathedra, thus ‘infallibly’!)

Versus

Jesus Christ

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)
hmmmmm... Issue of Pope Boniface VIII and king Philp IV

I would have love to clear you but.. Doing it will cause another long argument which i dont lyk..

Longtime
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 5:12am On Nov 21, 2013
woky: hmmmmm... Issue of Pope Boniface VIII and king Philp IV

I would have love to clear you but.. Doing it will cause another long argument which i dont lyk..

Longtime

He doesn't want to be cleared. He just wants to hold on to his untruths.

I think it's a good tactic to deflect attention from the foundation of his Anglican Church. Where it was founded is too vulgar to mention here.

But that's one for another day.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by POPEII: 5:15am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

I think it's a good tactic to deflect attention from the foundation of his Anglican Church. Where it was founded is too vulgar to mention here.

too vulgar is the right and perfect word. Ma belle ooo grin grin
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 5:29am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

the guy too dy yan dust grin
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 6:13am On Nov 21, 2013
JMAN05:

And you are questioning JW doctrine by asking that question. as such, it is denied.

My dear friend,

I seriously dont see how you being a reasonable adult as I want to believe you are, would expect another adult to keep answering all your question while you answer none of his.

Please make life easier for us by answering my question.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 6:26am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

My dear friend,

I seriously dont see how you being a reasonable adult as I want to believe you are, would expect another adult to keep answering all your question while you answer none of his.

it's obvious dat he does not want to answer ur question
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by adsonstone: 7:11am On Nov 21, 2013
Dear Italo,
I hope you have gotten my answers and if you haven't seen them, kindly check page 4.

I'm waiting for your response so we can keep flying.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Ukutsgp(m): 7:44am On Nov 21, 2013
Enigma: Follow up to my last post:

One of them raised the "Council of Florence" with me recently. smiley For all their modern talk of "separated brethren", here is something from the Council of Florence. wink

"It firmly believes, professes and preaches that all those who are outside the catholic church, not only pagans but also Jews or heretics and schismatics, cannot share in eternal life and will go into the everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels, unless they are joined to the catholic church before the end of their lives; that the unity of the ecclesiastical body is of such importance that only for those who abide in it do the church's sacraments contribute to salvation and do fasts, almsgiving and other works of piety and practices of the Christian militia produce eternal rewards; and that nobody can be saved, no matter how much he has given away in alms and even if he has shed his blood in the name of Christ, unless he has persevered in the bosom and the unity of the catholic church."

Tell me that is not to be disparaged and ridiculed! wink

cool
yes it is. It is just funny
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by POPEII: 7:46am On Nov 21, 2013
^ what's funny?
Anyway this question/issue has already been answered/explained by Italo and Ubenedictus
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Ukutsgp(m): 7:55am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

I think you are grossly misunderstanding Ube. He is saying the same thing I said.

If you know that the Catholic Church is the one true Church and reject it, you are damned, be you Christian, Buddhist or even Atheist. But if you truly dont know that it is the one true Church of the one true God, you can be saved, be you Christian, Muslim or even Agnostic.
what about the bowing down to images, will that also save me?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 7:56am On Nov 21, 2013
Ukuts gp: yes it is. It is just funny
Mango grin
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by POPEII: 7:59am On Nov 21, 2013
Ukuts gp: what about the bowing down to images, will that also save me?
yes. Happy?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Ukutsgp(m): 8:14am On Nov 21, 2013
Gombs:

grin
Your post reeks of utter defeat. Enigma is really giving you a hard time. grin

Anyways you shd consider changing this your signature

Catholic for life-Existing since 33CE,Compiler of the
bible,the world's most populous and most organised
religious organisation!!The world's greatest charity
organisation

grin

Never knew if I didn't submit to the Catholic Church's doctrine then I'm damned...makes me wonder whether Jesus' death was for a select few.
dnt mind them that is how they like bragging about their so called church. They like raising their shoulders up high and blowing their own trumpets. But all i know is that the catholic church stinks.

I have to appreciate the good contribution of Enigma in this thread and other numerous catholic threads where they spread their lies to deceive the gullible. Conjuring their usual trick but i know they have failed in all ramification. Once again i say catholic stinks.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Ukutsgp(m): 8:16am On Nov 21, 2013
woky: Mango grin
keep disgracing ursulf.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by POPEII: 8:18am On Nov 21, 2013
What about don't judge? So Catholics stink , what are you doing around them? Why do you spend hours talking about them? Na wa oo
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 8:20am On Nov 21, 2013
woky: hmmmmm... Issue of Pope Boniface VIII and king Philp IV

I would have love to clear you
but.. Doing it will cause another long argument which i dont lyk..

Longtime

You nooooo fit! You just dey yarn dust. wink

smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

My dear friend,

I will copy those things I ve said as true of your religion until proven wrong. its your call.

When you were ignoring my own questions there you didnt remember.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 21, 2013
woky: it's obvious dat he does not want to answer ur question

dey there they deceive yourself. He is afraid of responding, I was correct. until he is ready to prove it wrong.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 8:54am On Nov 21, 2013
woky: it's obvious dat he does not want to answer ur question

Abi e no reply because e dey for Police station? E say him for go there go report people debunking Roman Catholic lies and fraud lol grin

smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 9:12am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

With all due respect, this post makes no sense.

Good good.

If you had understood the significance of the word 'christian', you will not imagined that the word 'catholic' is better than it, such that you force it for Jesus christ and his apostles.

truthislight:

We all sometimes tell ourselves what that makes us feel ire.

But that does not change the truth.

The word "Christian" has the word 'christ' in it and means > followers of christ.

But i dont know on what basis the word catholic takes the place/supersedes the word christians or followers of christ.

How can that be possible
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 9:24am On Nov 21, 2013
^^^ I have seen some people refer to themselves and say that the are not Christians; rather that they are "Catholics"!

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 10:25am On Nov 21, 2013
Ukuts gp: dnt mind them that is how they like bragging about their so called church. They like raising their shoulders up high and blowing their own trumpets. But all i know is that the catholic church stinks.

I have to appreciate the good contribution of Enigma in this thread and other numerous catholic threads where they spread their lies to deceive the gullible. Conjuring their usual trick but i know they have failed in all ramification. Once again i say catholic stinks.
you ar full of crap, you could pass for a toilet

The catholic church is bigger than ur present generation and the next to come, the church is bigger than what u expect.. I understand ur pains

Envy is an insult to oneself..
Stop being envy and embrace peace..
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 10:27am On Nov 21, 2013
Enigma:

You nooooo fit! You just dey yarn dust. wink

smiley
u just cleared my doubt..
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 10:28am On Nov 21, 2013
When Roman Catholics talk or boast about numbers, many of them are ignorant that they might be subjecting themselves to a curse. Here is what one "pope" said: wink

"To one who says, 'Authority is nothing else but numbers and the sum total of material strength,' let him be anathema." "pope" Pius IX

smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 10:29am On Nov 21, 2013
woky: u just cleared my doubt..

You dey doubt bifor?

grin
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 10:29am On Nov 21, 2013
Enigma:

Abi e no reply because e dey for Police station? E say him for go there go report people debunking Roman Catholic lies and fraud lol grin

smiley
ghost mood..

You no go see me!
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2013
You too dey follow your brother go Police station? cheesy

grin
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 10:37am On Nov 21, 2013
Enigma:

You dey doubt bifor?

grin
i was tinkin that we may arrive at a compromise, but its obvious dat we won't

no need of us starting the argument..
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 10:40am On Nov 21, 2013
woky: i was tinkin that we may arrive at a compromise, but its obvious dat we won't

no need of us starting the argument..

OK, in light of this your post I will be serious for a moment.

How do you think we can arrive at a compromise?

Please note that I am genuinely interested in this. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Questions That Baffle Me About God / Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors / There Shall Not Be War In Nigeria - Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.