Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors (21651 Views)

Fake Pastors Exposed! / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Nigerian Fake Pastors And Church Business Exposed (2) (3) (4)

Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by MAYOWAAK: 12:34pm On Feb 23, 2010
1.A PASTOR THAT DOES NOT TALK ABOUT SIN BUT WRAPS HIS MESSAGE ALWAYS ON HAPPINESS,JOY AND SAYS GOD IS ALWAYS MERCIFUL TO FORGIVE SINNERS.

2.A PASTOR THAT 99% OF HIS MESSAGES ARE ABOUT THINGS OF THE WORLD-PROPERTY,MANSIONS,CARS E.T.C.IF HE WANTS TO GIVE TESTIMONY ABOUT PROOF OF HIS MINISTRY,IT IS ABOUT THE LATEST CARS,HOUSES,CLOTHES OR PLACES HE HAS VISITED.

3.A PASTOR THAT DOES NOT TALK ABOUT HEAVEN AND DOESN'T DIRECT PEOPLES HEART TO GOD AND ONLY PREACHES GOD AS A FATHER CHRISTMAS.HIS MESSAGE IS ONLY ON WHAT GOD CAN DO FOR YOU AND NOT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBLITY TO GOD.HE DOESN'T TELL YOU TO REPENT AND GET OUT OF YOUR UNGODLINESS AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT.

4.A PASTOR WHOSE EVERY SERMON ENDS IN OFFERING AND RAISING MONEY.HE SEES COFFIN AND TELLS PEOPLE TO REDEEM IT WITH MONEY SO THAT THE PERSON WILL NOT DIE.

5.A PASTOR WHOSE MEMBERS LIVE VERY UNRIGHTEOUS LIVES IN PRIVATE AND IN PUBLIC.

BY FRANCIS AKIN JOHN.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
I thought all the pastors fall into the above-mentioned categories

OR

if you know of one who is different,please tell us undecided
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by nuella2(f): 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2010
if your teaching anything about christianity please keep biblical references. The bible talks about false teachers and prophets and anti-christs. And biblical teachings how to know them. Bible also talk about false brethren too.
1 John 4:3
    And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
Seven Ways to Test False Prophets:
1. By their confession of Jesus (1 John 4:2-3)
2. Their relationship with the world (1 John 4:5; 1 John 2:15-17; James 4:4)
3. How they receive Christianity (1 John 4:6)
4. Their attitude toward the commandments of God (1 John 4:6; 1 John 3:20-24; John 14:15)
5. Love of the brethren (1 John 4:7-21; 1 John 3:11-16; John 13:34-35; John 15:12-15)
6. The indwelling Holy Spirit (1 John 4:4-6)
7. The Word of God (1 John 4:6; 1 John 5:10; 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Cor. 4

A false teacher is not known by head knowledge put through the holy ghost and comparing his teachings with the bible.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by KunleOshob(m): 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2010
Any pastor that preaches compulsry or mandatory tithing is most definitely a fake tongue i guess this would eliminate all pentecostal and word of faithfraud"" pastors.

Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by nuella2(f): 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2010
KunleOshob:

Any pastor that preaches compulsry or mandatory tithing is most definitely a fake tongue i guess this would eliminate all pentecostal and word of faithfraud"" pastors.
Give me a bible reference that if a pastor teach tithe is fake.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2010
nuella2:

What you need is a reality check undecided
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by nuella2(f): 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2010
MrPrsdent:

What you need is a reality check undecided
I was not referring to you president. Give my a bible verse period.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by KunleOshob(m): 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2010
nuella2:

Why don't you give me a single bible verse which says christians should tithe money from their income.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by nuella2(f): 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2010
KunleOshob:

Why don't you give me a single bible verse which says christians should tithe money from their income.
Haha lol,  i asked a question that deserve an answer broz, you said a pastor that teaches people to tithe is fake abi, give my bible reference simple.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by KunleOshob(m): 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2010
nuella2:

Haha lol,  i asked a question that deserve an answer broz, you said a pastor that teaches people to tithe is fake abi, give my bible reference simple.

Very simple, any pastor that preaches what is unbiblical like the version of tithing being touted today must most definitely be a fake. Also any pastor that twists the word of God is a fake. As we all know tithing being preached today was twisted from the tithing instruction given to the israelites[not christians] in the old testament.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by jagunlabi(m): 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

1.A PASTOR THAT DOES NOT TALK ABOUT SIN BUT WRAPS HIS MESSAGE ALWAYS ON HAPPINESS,JOY AND SAYS GOD IS ALWAYS MERCIFUL TO FORGIVE SINNERS.

2.A PASTOR THAT 99% OF HIS MESSAGES ARE ABOUT THINGS OF THE WORLD-PROPERTY,MANSIONS,CARS E.T.C.IF HE WANTS TO GIVE TESTIMONY ABOUT PROOF OF HIS MINISTRY,IT IS ABOUT THE LATEST CARS,HOUSES,CLOTHES OR PLACES HE HAS VISITED.

3.A PASTOR THAT DOES NOT TALK ABOUT HEAVEN AND DOESN'T DIRECT PEOPLES HEART TO GOD AND ONLY PREACHES GOD AS A FATHER CHRISTMAS.HIS MESSAGE IS ONLY ON WHAT GOD CAN DO FOR YOU AND NOT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBLITY TO GOD.HE DOESN'T TELL YOU TO REPENT AND GET OUT OF YOUR UNGODLINESS AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT.

4.A PASTOR WHOSE EVERY SERMON ENDS IN OFFERING AND RAISING MONEY.HE SEES COFFIN AND TELLS PEOPLE TO REDEEM IT WITH MONEY SO THAT THE PERSON WILL NOT DIE.

5.A PASTOR WHOSE MEMBERS LIVE VERY UNRIGHTEOUS LIVES IN PRIVATE AND IN PUBLIC.

BY FRANCIS AKIN JOHN.
A pastor can avoid all of the above and still be fake.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2010
jagunlabi:

A pastor can avoid all of the above and still be fake.

TRUE that wink

They have initiated wide-angle paradigm shifts, these days they will reek of anointing and you will drop like a MAGA
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by blackcypha(m): 12:43am On Feb 24, 2010
, and der r more to come?
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by August21(m): 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2012
KunleOshob:

Very simple, any pastor that preaches what is unbiblical like the version of tithing being touted today must most definitely be a fake. Also any pastor that twists the word of God is a fake. As we all know tithing being preached today was twisted from the tithing instruction given to the israelites[not christians] in the old testament.
U know somtimes why I don't necessarily criticize pple. Evrybody grew up in different environment nd different churches. So, maybe u were brought up dat way...So, I can't argue wit u. But, I want U to take a look @ dose around U who pay tithe and also give freely, wat do u see in their lives? I can't convince u I don't do dat. But for me am a beneficiary of the blessings dat come wt tithing...I can say categorically dat my life has neva bn dsame. -------August21

Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by LogicMind: 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2012
There's only one way to identify a fake paster. Look at him.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by God2man(m): 11:14am On Apr 23, 2012
By their friuts we shall know them, i am talking about the fruit of the spirit. Please read 1 Corinthian 13: 1-end. God bless you. God2man
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by PastorKun(m): 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2012
God2man: By their friuts we shall know them, i am talking about the fruit of the spirit. Please read 1 Corinthian 13: 1-end. God bless you. God2man

The above quoted scripture talks about the importance of love in christian doctrine, it does not really address the 'fruits of the spirit' in detail. Galatians 5:22-23 addresses the fruits of the spirit better.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2012
Logic Mind: There's only one way to identify a fake paster. Look at him.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by Orikinla(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2013
[size=28pt]Any religion that says ra-ping your wife is not a crime is fake.[/size]
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by joelobaba: 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
tithing is a conpulsery payment and not a giving by every citizen of the God kingdom heaven. so that is why it is very unreasonable to an odinary man. remenber a real christian dont fuction with the life of a man but that of a God in other words he is a god and a fellows citizen of heaven. therefore he/she must pay his/her tithe.its the tax paid in heaven by the heavenlis.not by mere human understanding. remenber the book of milachi3...hs ni tol
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by spdnltd: 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
Tithing is compulsory according to Scriptural references but you are entitled to your own opinion about it. Everybody doesn't believe in Jesus as the son of God just like some of the jews till date. Whether u tithe or not God will still prosper u cos He says that He shall prosper the works of our hands. But when u don't tithe the devourer will come into your finances and God can not be able to rebuke it. You find out that you are prospering but with suffering. Whe your man of God teaches u to tithe it is not to enrich him but for your financial security spiritually.

Why do you believe other things your Man of God says and not in giving and you want to prosper. Ask the Holy Ghost to open your eyes and also test all spirit that is what the bible teaches.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 25, 2014
^^

100 False.

The Tithe is not compulsory and if you do not pay it, nothing will happen.

Q.E.D

Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by nora544: 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
spdnltd:
Tithing is compulsory according to Scriptural references but you are entitled to your own opinion about it. Everybody doesn't believe in Jesus as the son of God just like some of the jews till date. Whether u tithe or not God will still prosper u cos He says that He shall prosper the works of our hands. But when u don't tithe the devourer will come into your finances and God can not be able to rebuke it. You find out that you are prospering but with suffering. Whe your man of God teaches u to tithe it is not to enrich him but for your financial security spiritually.

Why do you believe other things your Man of God says and not in giving and you want to prosper. Ask the Holy Ghost to open your eyes and also test all spirit that is what the bible teaches.

sorry tithing is not for a christian.

tithing is not compulsory please show me in the new testament where you read about tithing.

for christians it is giving from your heart and God is not a money making machine like pentecost/charismatic pastors teach that gospel is heresy and nobody told us that it must be money because it cou,d also your time when you work for the church but I know this is not what pentecost pastors want to hear because it will not fill their pockets.

Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by brocab: 7:47am On Dec 29, 2014
Its great to see you aren't a law breaker, who do you worship?

Galatians 3:10, For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse.

Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law.
Do you obey all the laws?

You need to understand those who prosper in tithing are suffering, reason little is never enough.

The law of tithing brings in disputes, arguments, strife, envy, evil suspicions, bringing in complaints from all directions.

Don't you tithers read the word?

Jesus had to change that old covenant, he made us a better covenant.

In the old covenant; the Pharisees were practising, the same motives as pastors-priest do today. Living the dream.

Is that the way you would like to be blessed?

Living on the highways, the Pharisees would go to house to house visiting all sorts of women loaded down with sins, sitting in the best places in the synagogue {Church} standing in the market places, "Praying" out loud so everyone can hear them, allowing merchants to sell there stock first fruits on temple grounds, a market place used to Gain monies from the poor.

This same description sounds like today's Churches.

All because of tithing.
spdnltd:

Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by brocab: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2014
You don't need five ways to identify a fake pastor.
First-I know clearly as soon as they preach the tithing message, its time to back track out that same door I entered.
Second-You need to listen what some preachers are saying: many are twisting and turning bible verses around so believers will turn to the illuminati.
Matthew 6 was used, twisting the lords prayer drawing on the believers to follow Satan
Matthew 6:9-13.
v'S 9-Our Father in heaven
Hallowed be your name
your kingdom come
your will be done
v'S 10-On earth as it is in Heaven".

Now this came from a mega Church called Hill songs
v's 9-Our Father in heaven
reveal who you are
V's 10 set the world right,
do what's best-as above, so below.

They are using the illuminati to speak to the believers, a demonic statue used, with a goats head having a human body pointing as above and pointing so below.
The sad part about this, It's Satan's plan is to destroy God's people.
Using fake pastors in sheep clothing, who worship Satan.
its important to read your bibles, those who don't know will surely end up like these falling souls.

Third-Look out for the stage shows, most of the entertainment ain't about God.
look around you and Watch, some have the illuminati signs such as the pyramid behind the stage.
Changes had come, more and more Christians? are going to churches mainly for the entertainment only for the live music, so called Christian bands.
And have you noticed even the salvation prayer had changed. Question is are people really being saved, and what new twisted teachings are taught other then the bible?

Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by zo3184: 4:55pm On May 17, 2015
They are all fake.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by Jean2(m): 5:05pm On May 17, 2015
Hello my Brothers and Sisters. I built a Bible Reading plan android app.

Download for FREE on Google Play "Read Holy Bible In A Year" -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jeantechnologys.read_holy_bible_in_a_year

God bless you and enrich your life with the power of His Word in Jesus name. Amen!
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by edekoln: 6:26pm On Sep 27, 2015
Any pastor who collects tithe from his or her clients (members) is fake because they are saying there is no new covenant or God lied when the scriptures says he has abolished the old one to establish the new one. Now if God says there is fault with the old covenant and therefore abolished it, then what authority does any pastor has to pick tithing out of the old covenant and make his clients in the new covenant to practice it? By making new covenant christians to pay tithe these pastors are shouting at the top of their voices (tho' many chose to block their ears) that:
1. God is a liar
2. He did not abolish the old covenant
3. Tithe is not part of the old covenant
4. Tithe is part of the new covenant
5. First century christians paid tithe as recorded in the bible from matt - rev
6. Infact there is no new . covenant at all: this is the most diabiolic implication of all about the twisted doctrine of tithing; if new covenant christians still pay tithe that is part of the old covenant, it therefore means the old is not obsolete aa the bible says and so there is no new covenant; if there is no new cocvenant then Jesus did not establish one at the last supper; and if Jesus did not establish a new covenant, Jeus did not come. He did not come to save mankind from sin; to show us the way to the Father; to be a mediator of a new covenant btw God and man...... You see by advocating the obsolete law of tithing these pastors have denied that Jesus came in the flesh as mediator btw God and man to establish a new covenant. According to 1 jn 4: 2-3 , these pastors are not only fake, they are anti-christs.
Re: Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors by brocab: 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
edekoln:
Any pastor who collect tithe from his or her clients(members) is fake because they are saying there is no new covenant or God lied when the scriptures said he has abolish the old one to establish new one. Now if God says there is fault with the old covenant and therefore abolish it, then what authority does any pastor has to pick tithing out of the old covenant and make his clients in the new covenant to practice it? By making new covenant christians to pay tithe these pastors are shouting at the top if their voice (tho' many chose to block their ears) that:
1. God is a liar
2. He did not abolish the old covenant
3. Tithe is not part of the old covenant
4. Tithe is part of the new covenant
5. First century christians paid tithe as recorded in the bible from matt - rev
6. Infact there is no new . covenant: this is the most diabiolic implication of all about tithing; if new covenant christians still pay tithe that is part of the old covenant, it means the old is still continuing and there is no new; if there is no new cocvenant then Jesus did not establish one at the last supper; and if Jesus did not establish a new covenant, Jeus did not come. He did not come to save from sin; to show us the way to the Father; to be a mediator of a new covenant btw God and man...... You see by advocating the obsolete law tithing these pastor have denied that Jesus did come in the flesh as mediator btw God and man to establish a new covenant. According to 1 jn 4: 2-3 , these pastors are not only fake, they are anti-christs.

Pastor Tim Omotoso Speaks On Visiting Paradise And Raising a Dead Woman (video) / Mass Wedding: Catholic Priest Sponsors 136 Couples In Nasarawa State / Where Was Paul/saul When Jesus Was Alive

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68