Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic (4281 Views)

"I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew, And An Atheist Walk Into A Café... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 8:23am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis:

I'm not judging anyone.. I'm only preaching.

http://proclaimingthegospel.org/equip/articles/34-catholic-christians-is-this-an-oxymoron

The Catholic Church has a well organized clergy, if you really seek the truth stop posting anti Catholic websites or links and give me a real authority on religious matters, as for you I will advise you to come close to a priest.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 8:27am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis:

Pls kindly highlight the lies in my posts.

Those words you see there are not mine.
Except you mean the word of Jesus, Mary & your saints are full of lies..

I sincerely don't know who is lying here..
Stop confusing others since you're not ready to know the truth.
what truth? Your half baked theories? Please name your church if you are not ashamed of it
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Acidosis(m): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II:
The Catholic Church has a well organized clergy, if you really seek the truth stop posting anti Catholic websites or links and give me a real authority on religious matters, as for you I will advise you to come close to a priest.

What other authority do you want aside those of Jesus?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Acidosis(m): 8:52am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: what truth? Your half baked theories? Please name your church if you are not ashamed of it

The Church of Jesus Christ
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis:

The Church of Jesus Christ
what is that? How old is that business venture?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 8:55am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis:

What other authority do you want aside those of Jesus?
do Jesus speak to you ? Or s he going to answer your questions on earth? You mean you don't ask anything to your flying -jet pastors?

Anyway since we are talking about the Catholic church look for a priest or the infallible pope.
And please don't twist this comment.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Acidosis(m): 9:09am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: do Jesus speak to you ? Or s he going to answer your questions on earth? You mean you don't ask anything to your flying -jet pastors?

Anyway since we are talking about the Catholic church look for a priest or the infallible pope.

Pls can you explain the bolded?

and Yes bro, Jesus speak to me everyday. smiley
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Mintayo(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: do Jesus speak to you ? Or s he going to answer your questions on earth? You mean you don't ask anything to your flying -jet pastors?

infallible? shocked
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis:

and he told you to open anti Catholic threads? To insult his mother and insult his church?
Since Jesus talk to you everyday , why are you still asking questions?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 9:17am On Nov 19, 2013
Mintayo:
infallible? shocked
already choking on your pastor's jet ?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 9:18am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis:

ask Jesus
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: what is that? How old is that business venture?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Acidosis(m): 9:34am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: ask Jesus

Nope..

No one is infallible on earth.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Acidosis(m): 9:37am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: and he told you to open anti Catholic threads? To insult his mother and insult his church?
Since Jesus talk to you everyday , why are you still asking questions?

Nope, he told me to preach the gospel (truth) and thats what I'm doing smiley
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Mintayo(m): 9:52am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: already choking on your pastor's jet ?
funny but not funny,nobody is infallible,pope is a man like me and u prone to sin.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis:

I'm not judging anyone.. I'm only preaching.

http://proclaimingthegospel.org/equip/articles/34-catholic-christians-is-this-an-oxymoron

True acidtalk for catholics.

Where is italo,chukwudi and salc?

They conveniently avoided this thread abi? SMH!
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:50am On Nov 19, 2013
albacete: ^^ not at all. Ur religion will not lead u to Heaven or Hell. U need to be a true christian in every sense of the word.

@tobechi: funny but sooo true.

Who defines the word? There are over 50 000 christian denomination
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:51am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis:

No bro,

What Rome says:

"Listen, all you who desire the kingdom of God! Honor and serve the Most Blessed Virgin Mary, and you will find life and eternal salvation!" -St. Bonaventure

"All those who seek Mary's protection will be saved for all eternity." -Pope Benedict XV

"Do you want certain salvation? Then have great devotion to the Virgin Mary...She will guarantee your salvation. She infallibly saves the one who honors her." -St. Sharbel Makhlouf

What God's Word says:
"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14:6

"And there is salvation in no one else (Jesus), for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." -Acts 4:12

"And Mary said, 'My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior'" - Luke 1:46-47

Again Sir, you don't know Jesus, the Saviour of the whole universe..
You're only a Nigerian Catholic who inherited his father's religion, dedicated and ready to die for a religion you know nothing about..

Its not too late to make a U-turn, Sir

So are you a Nigerian christian who inherited a Jewish God that you are ready to die for!
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: what truth? Point it out for me please because all I see here are nonsensical lies ,falsehoods.
Furthermore why do you guys care about what we do ? Did we send you message? Abi na wa oo ? Taking panadol for our headaches. Abeg face your pasthief pastorcrooks . We are good on our side and don't need manmade churches.

Typical christian instead of logically addressing the op,all you do is rain insults because your belief system was challenged! Umu Jesus odikwa egwu
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:57am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II:

But christians regularly post links from christian websites as evidence for say; The bible
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 11:05am On Nov 19, 2013
We are all Christians and we shouldn't shy away from questioning doctrines. no denomination is perfect and the catholic church isn't an exemption. You all act like you church is infallible and that it's the first church. the Bible never said if the church was Pentecostal or Baptist or Catholic, it was called a Church.
The catholic church has invented some sugar coated doctrines that will led many to hell. some doctrines might be far fetched but will not lead to hell like , not using earrings and the likes but some might led you to hell e.g. purgatory, worshipping Mary, using the Rosary, praying to the dead and many more. Our rock is Christ and on him should the church of God stand and function. Not on Mary or the dead saints not by depending on the rosary for miracles.
we need to test doctrines by the fruits they produce. Do they make you rely on anything else but Christ?

1 Like

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 11:09am On Nov 19, 2013
^ and you are ?
Your denomination and name of your pastor?
Abi you dey fear? Because you wear earings and weavons? So those won't led you to hell but Catholic doctrines will lead you , oya we don hear .next .smh @ people twisting everything for their selfish interests
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 11:13am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: ^ and you are ?
Your denomination and name of your pastor?
Abi you dey fear? Because you wear earings and weavons? So those won't led you to hell but Catholic doctrines will lead you , oya we don hear .next .smh @ people twisting everything for their selfish interests
Look here mr man. you fail to realize the message.... you are irrational and you lack understanding. Show me the twisting in my post.
by the way I attend MFM... any wahala?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 11:26am On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
Look here mr man. you fail to realize the message.... you are irrational and you lack understanding. Show me the twisting in my post.
by the way I attend MFM... any wahala?
according to the scriptures all manmade doctrines will lead us to hell yet you are saying that there are some doctrines that won't lead us to hell , you find nothing wrong in your pastors far fetched doctrines yet dare point your finger at the mother church? Abi are you all right?
MFM what's that? How old is that business venture? Can you trace the origins of your church to the apostles?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 11:41am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: according to the scriptures all manmade doctrines will lead us to hell yet you are saying that there are some doctrines that won't lead us to hell , you find nothing wrong in your pastors far fetched doctrines yet dare point your finger at the mother church? Abi are you all right?
MFM what's that? How old is that business venture? Can you trace the origins of your church to the apostles?
All doctrines will lead to hell shocked tell me where that is found in the Bible. An if you say that all manmade doctrines will lead to hell the catholic doctrines will land all of you in hell too undecided. Mother church my foot angry, show me where that is written in the scriptures. My pastor's doctrines might be far fetched but it doesn't contradict the scriptures. The catholic doctrines contradict the scriptures explicitly. Look here angry religious man, though I attend MFM I am not blind to some of their misconceptions, you shouldn't be blinded by yours, sift through all doctrines and accept that which is right and solidly backed by the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 11:52am On Nov 19, 2013
Mother church your foot? Well it tells us a lot about the heretics we have today?
shocked anyway I don't blame you, I blame that heretic called Luther and your pastcrook .lol @ your pastor doctrines won't lead you to hell but catholic doctrines will lead me to hell please can you point out for me the so called anti biblical Catholic doctrines? Abi the same bible we compiled and gave you ? Na wa oo with una
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 11:59am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: Mother church your foot? Well it tells us a lot about the heretics we have today?
shocked anyway I don't blame you, I blame that heretic called Luther and your pastcrook .lol @ your pastor doctrines won't lead you to hell but catholic doctrines will lead me to hell please can you point out for me the so called anti biblical Catholic doctrines? Abi the same bible we compiled and gave you ? Na wa oo with una
I have stated the doctrines already, I won't repeat them. and who told you y'all compiled the Bible, don't forget your bibles are different from ours. You keep dodging questions thrown at you. Answer my questions first and lets move a step ahead. And stop being irrationally confrontational.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
You keep dodging questions thrown at you. Answer my questions and lets move a step ahead. And stop being irrationally confrontational
what are your questions?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: what are your questions?
read my posts on this thread.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
I have stated the doctrines already, I won't repeat them. and who told you y'all compiled the Bible, don't forget your bibles are different from ours. You keep dodging questions thrown at you. Answer my questions first and lets move a step ahead. And stop being irrationally confrontational.
our bibles are not different, we compiled it for you apparently you don't know anything about your church, your heretics forefathers just removed some books. Period , in fact I think it is safe to say that your bible is incomplete, yet you think you can teach Catholics anything
To answer your question , what does Jesus meant I'm the only way ? Aren't you sola biblical anymore?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
You haven't answered my questions with this:
POPE II: our bibles are not different, we compiled it for you apparently you don't know anything about your church, your heretics forefathers just removed some books. Period , in fact I think it is safe to say that your bible is incomplete, yet you think you can teach Catholics anything
To answer your question , what does Jesus meant I'm the only way ? Aren't you sola biblical anymore?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Olugbenger(m): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: did He ask you to judge people? To insult his mother? To rubbish his church? grin
Sorry i don't understand what you are talking about.

You still can't prove anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FAITH In Mathematics / *Christmas Carol Evening! Please Join Us* / They Killed God, I Cant Feel God, My Soul Is Dead -Volunteer After Vaccine Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.