Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic (4283 Views)

"I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew, And An Atheist Walk Into A Café... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: our bibles are not different, we compiled it for you apparently you don't know anything about your church, your heretics forefathers just removed some books. Period , in fact I think it is safe to say that your bible is incomplete, yet you think you can teach Catholics anything
To answer your question , what does Jesus meant I'm the only way ? Aren't you sola biblical anymore?
We removed from it, really? that's a discussion for another day. Of course he is the only way, What's your point pope?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Olugbenger(m): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
All doctrines will lead to hell shocked tell me where that is found in the Bible. An if you say that all manmade doctrines will lead to hell the catholic doctrines will land all of you in hell too undecided. Mother church my foot angry, show me where that is written in the scriptures. My pastor's doctrines might be far fetched but it doesn't contradict the scriptures. The catholic doctrines contradict the scriptures explicitly. Look here angry religious man, though I attend MFM I am not blind to some of their misconceptions, you shouldn't be blinded by yours, sift through all doctrines and accept that which is right and solidly backed by the scriptures.

This is want i needed to hear.
Thanks for this post.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
Did Catholics tell you they were seeking miracles? Which Catholic depends on the rosary? What does it even mean you depends on the rosary? Please tell us how the rosary is unbiblical ?
First of voice our saints are not dead ,so it doesn't apply to us , where exactly have we ever said that our church depends on Mary ?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
We removed from it, really? that's a discussion for another day. Of course he is the only way, What's your point pope?
how come you then ask me again where it is said that all manmade doctrines will lead to hell ? Are we not supposed to follow the bible and the bible alone according to you ? Are we not supposed to do or act like Jesus ? Eh eh please pray tell why then you follow the doctrines made by your pastcrook?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
stop living in denial okay?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: Did Catholics tell you they were seeking miracles? Which Catholic depends on the rosary? What does it even mean you depends on the rosary? Please tell us how the rosary is unbiblical ?
First of voice our saints are not dead ,so it doesn't apply to us , where exactly have we ever said that our church depends on Mary ?
First you say which catholic depends on rosary and then you tell me to prove how it's unbiblical. My catholic friend once told me that her rosary has done miracles for her and that no one can ever convince her to put it away. isn't that putting you trust in another medium apart from Christ? and nothing in the Bible supports it. simple!
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: how come you then ask me again where it is said that all manmade doctrines will lead to hell ? Are we not supposed to follow the bible and the bible alone according to you ? Are we not supposed to do or act like Jesus ? Eh eh please pray tell why then you follow the doctrines made by your pastcrook?
you said it, that's why I asked you. the bible said doctrines are for exaltation and we are to test them by the fruits they produce. Dude, are you a Christian at all? and I don't follow all my pastor's doctrines, ok... did you read my posts at all? stop making me repeat my points (i'm typing not talking).
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
First you say which catholic depends on rosary and then you tell me to prove how it's unbiblical. My catholic friend once told me that her rosary has done miracles for her and that no one can ever convince her to put it away. isn't that putting you trust in another medium apart from Christ? and nothing in the Bible supports it. simple!

Madam christianity and religion in itself is delusion,you have no moral or authoritative justification to tell another human being that his way of worshipping an imaginary God is wrong.

For if God,Jesus and the holyspirit were real there won't be all this confusion in christianity,let alone the other over 2000 different religions worldwide!

My point? If the way you reach your God is fine with you, then as long the way catholics worship doesn't hurt or violate the human rights of other humans let them be!

Live and let live is a phrase alien to all Abrahamic religionist
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Madam christianity and religion in itself is delusion,you have no moral or authoritative justification to tell another human being that his way of worshipping an imaginary God is wrong.

For if God,Jesus and the holyspirit were real there won't be all this confusion in christianity,let alone the other over 2000 different religions worldwide!

My point? If the way you reach your God is fine with you, then as long the way catholics worship doesn't hurt or violate the human rights of other humans let them be!

the deal is why claim to be Christians if you don't rely on Christ alone? it doesn't hurt, I know, but should I sit quietly and watch my brothers in Christ derail.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Amen
Glory To Jesus , Honor to Mary .
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
the deal is why claim to be Christians if you don't rely on Christ alone? it doesn't hurt, I know, but should I sit quietly and watch my brothers in Christ derail.
stop taking panadol for our headaches
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: stop taking panadol for our headaches
It's my duty to do that. don't worry about it.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Olugbenger(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: Did Catholics tell you they were seeking miracles? Which Catholic depends on the rosary? What does it even mean you depends on the rosary? Please tell us how the rosary is unbiblical ?

I'm sure you know little of the scriptures.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
you said it, that's why I asked you. the bible said doctrines are for exaltation and we are to test them by the fruits they produce. Dude, are you a Christian at all? and I don't follow all my pastor's doctrines, ok... did you read my posts at all? stop making me repeat my points (i'm typing not talking).
make yourself clear next time, BTW you are the one that should read my posts well and learn how to detect sarcasm. anyway let's move on.

Do you call your pastor out on his doctrines? if not remain quiet forever
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
Olugbenger:

I'm sure you know little of the scriptures.
ah ah lemme me laugh ..Mrknowitall can you please educate me on those scriptures of yours? that apparently I don't know . I will be waiting for you
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
It's my duty to do that. don't worry about it.
well , keep wasting your time and say hi to your self anointed men of god aka pastcrook . hope their doctrines can lead you to hell . Ah ah you really think we are going to leave a Church that can trace her origins , doctrines, teaching to the apostles and Jesus himself for a manmade church aka Business venture? abi you dey craze?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: make yourself clear next time, BTW you are the one that should read my posts well and learn how to detect sarcasm. anyway let's move on.

Do you call your pastor out on his doctrines? if not remain quiet forever
I sense no sarcasm in all your posts. I make it known to everyone even in my house that I do not support some of his doctrines. And his doctrines aren't contradictory to the Bible so I care less.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
I sense no sarcasm in all your posts. I make it known to everyone even in my house that I do not support some of his doctrines. And his doctrines are contradictory to the Bible so I care less.
did you call your pastor out on his doctrines ? that was my question , still waiting . so you don't care about your own church and pastcrook making his doctrines yet you want to save Catholics? grin grin grin shocked shocked lwkmd
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: well , keep wasting your time and say hi to your self anointed men of god aka pastcrook . hope their doctrines can lead you to hell . Ah ah you really think we are going to leave a Church that can trace her origins , doctrines, teaching to the apostles and Jesus himself for a manmade church aka Business venture? abi you dey craze?
Abi you dey craze? really? by their fruits you shall know them..... the early church didn't operate the way the catholic church is operating. The Book of Acts is a solid proof of that. even the whole Bible sef.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: did you call your pastor out on his doctrines ? that was my question , still waiting . so you don't care about your own church and pastcrook making his doctrines yet you want to save Catholics? grin grin grin shocked shocked lwkmd
I cant waste my time and money to go all the way to Lagos, stand on the queue for hours just to challenge a doctrine that doesn't really contradict the Bible. so why don't I go all the way to Rome to challenge the pope. Religious forums and church discussions are enough to air my views on certain doctrines.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
Dude, you're irrational. which mans you lack depth in reasoning. I said it doesn't contradict the Bible so I care less. I only strongly oppose those that contradicts.
aren't you ashamed of yourself ? is that your Christ-like attitude ? you know very well that you edited your comment yet you dare call me irrational , smh for you..well i'm not in the mood , since I lack depth in reasoning let's put an end to this discussion. work on your salvation and leave us alone .
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
I cant waste my time and money to go all the way to Lagos, stand on the queue for hours just to challenge a doctrine that doesn't really contradict the Bible. so why don't I go all the way to Rome to challenge the pope. Religious forums and church discussions are enough to air my views on certain doctrines.
I don't find anything wrong with our infallible Pope (peace be upon ) and the doctrines and traditions of my church , i'm proudly Catholic
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
Abi you dey craze? really? by their fruits you shall know them..... the early church didn't operate the way the catholic church is operating. The Book of Acts is a solid proof of that. even the whole Bible sef.
how is the Catholic church operating ? Besides the early Church is the Catholic Church so your statement is an oxymoron
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: aren't you ashamed of yourself ? is that your Christ-like attitude ? you know very well that you edited your comment yet you dare call me irrational , smh for you..well i'm not in the mood , since I lack depth in reasoning let's put an end to this discussion. work on your salvation and leave us alone .
so calling some one irrational is not a Christ like attitude. dude, you amaze me.
why I called you irrational is because you're not thinking in line with my posts. and why is it biting you now, is it because I edited it. I called you the same in my other posts, check.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: I don't find anything wrong with our infallible Pope (peace be upon ) and the doctrines and traditions of my church , i'm proudly Catholic
infallible my foot. Peter who you claim to be the first pope erred at some point. if I say irrational, you'll say I am not Christ like
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
so calling some one irrational is not a Christ like attitude. dude, you amaze me.
why I called you irrational is because you're not thinking in line with my posts. and why is it biting you now, is it because I edited it. I called you the same in my other posts, check.
whatever rock your boat lady, I had my share of heretics for today . work on your own salvation and leave us alone. we don't self anointed crooks who parade themselves as men of God to go to heaven> Jesus himself built our church so we are safe
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: how is the Catholic church operating ? Besides the early Church is the Catholic Church so your statement is an oxymoron
they never prayed to or worship Mary. Mary was even among them. they never preached purgatory, they didn't use the rosary, they didn't make images, they didn't pray to the dead............................... next.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: whatever rock your boat lady, I had my share of heretics for today . work on your own salvation and leave us alone. we don't self anointed crooks who parade themselves as men of God to go to heaven> Jesus himself built our church so we are safe
Such confidence amazes me. what happened to the renewing your mind part of the Bible. if you are true to yourself you'll know that Jesus' teachings and those of the apostles aren't in line with the catholic doctrines
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
infallible my foot. Peter who you claim to be the first pope erred at some point. if I say irrational, you'll say I am not Christ like
I won't follow you on your blasphemous path . May God forgive you
Glory to Jesus , honor to Mary
Holy Mary , mother of God , pray for this heretic and lost soul
Jesus please save this lost soul from hell because she doesn't know what she is doing and saying .
Amen
I will pray the rosary for you cool
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: I won't follow you on your blasphemous path . May God forgive you
Glory to Jesus , honor to Mary
Holy Mary , mother of God , pray for this heretic and lost soul
Jesus please save this lost soul from hell because she doesn't know what she is doing and saying .
Amen
I will pray the rosary for you cool
Dude, I have told you the truth. Jesus even called Peter Satan at a point............................you really amaze me. I don't believe in that so don't bother. I pray God opens your inner eyes; your eyes of understanding..
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Gombs(m): 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
Y'all should forget all the fuss abt all doctrine. God seeks those who will Worship him in Spirit and truth...not doctrines!

Doctrines are very very good..but what good are they if not used to Worship in spirit and truth? If you worship in spirit and truth the Holy Spirit will surely guide you to the right doctrine(s). Even if it means leaving your current Church

I know there are false doctrine out there, but your protests here or anywhere won't change anything. Your protests here won't preach love, nor peace nor righteousness. But Prayers will and can change that false doctrine.

OP, inasmuch as I feel you meant good, and doing God a 'good' service, you were wrong to do this. Why? Because it will only cause discord in the body of Christ and that will not glorify God. It profits no one at all

2 tim 2 AMP

16 But avoid all empty (vain, useless, idle) talk, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness.

From the above bold, you can see it is already evident on the thread.

If you need to see a change in the church of God (any denomination), get on your knees and intercede for them. The Church of Jesus Christ does NOT operate democracy...you don't ALWAYS have freedom of speech.

Cheers

God bless u

1 Like

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
Such confidence amazes me. what happened to the renewing your mind part of the Bible. if you are true to yourself you'll know that Jesus' teachings and those of the apostles aren't in line with the catholic doctrines
who draws such lines? besides I have already told you that I don't see any wrongs in the Catholic Church . the Catholic Church is perfect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. / FAITH In Mathematics / Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.