Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic (4279 Views)

"I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew, And An Atheist Walk Into A Café... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Olugbenger(m): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: what do you think you guys are ?

My brother, you are not very bright.

Address the issues raised and stop pontificating.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
Olugbenger:
His beliefs and theories of arguments are based on something which differs completely from the scriptures.
It's really difficult for folks like him.
I am telling you. all his response to my posts show how he deliberately ignores the truth to suit his doctrinal preferences.

More like EXTREMELY DIFFICULT.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: you miss the old days, don't you ?
and you call us heretics............ sad
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by woky: 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
let me start frm d beginning.. brb
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Olugbenger(m): 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: you miss the old days, don't you ?
I can't believe you are proud of the evils ur leaders perpertuated back then.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
and you call us heretics............ sad
I repeat what do you think you are ? Is it not obvious that you guys are heretics ?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO: We are all Christians and we shouldn't shy away from questioning doctrines. no denomination is perfect and the catholic church isn't an exemption. You all act like you church is infallible and that it's the first church. the Bible never said if the church was Pentecostal or Baptist or Catholic, it was called a Church.
The catholic church has invented some sugar coated doctrines that will led many to hell. some doctrines might be far fetched but will not lead to hell like , not using earrings and the likes but some might led you to hell e.g. purgatory, worshipping Mary, using the Rosary, praying to the dead and many more. Our rock is Christ and on him should the church of God stand and function. Not on Mary or the dead saints not by depending on the rosary for miracles.
we need to test doctrines by the fruits they produce. Do they make you rely on anything else but Christ?
Read this again and respond accordingly
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
Olugbenger:
how does this answer my question? grin grin
And please stop acting like yours was innocent, at least on our side we are honest and don't play the victims , we don't whine.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
quote author=POPE II] I repeat what do you think you are ? Is it not obvious that you guys are heretics ? [/quote]
You kill fellow Christians and then call us heretics..................
Olugbenger:
[
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO: quote author=POPE II] I repeat what do you think you are ? Is it not obvious that you guys are heretics ?
You kill fellow Christians and then call us heretics..................

You should be ashamed of yourself.[
fellow? How new , I thought Catholics weren't Christians , in fact for most of you we are pagans, devils, Mary worshippers etc
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Olugbenger(m): 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: how does this answer my question? grin grin
And please stop acting like yours was innocent, at least on our side we are honest and don't play the victims , we don't whine.
Don't be mischievous.
That was no question.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: fellow? How new , I thought Catholics weren't Christians , in fact for most of you we are pagans, devils, Mary worshippers etc
who said you weren't Christians?
All we are saying is revisit your doctrines............ se finir
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
Olugbenger:

My brother, you are not very bright.

Address the issues raised and stop pontificating.
the anathema are clear about it , you guys are heretics, however the Holy Church teaches us to tolerate you .
But don't push your luck too far okay? wink
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: the anathema are clear about, you guys are heretics, however the Holy Church teaches us to tolerate you .
You know what? you really don't know the meaning of that word (heretics) cause if you do you'll know it perfectly describes you guys and not us. google it
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Olugbenger(m): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: the anathema are clear about, you guys are heretics, however the Holy Church teaches us to tolerate you .
So much for upholding the principles of the church....
At what expense?
The scriptures. What are you on about exactly?
I'm sure you are a born catholic.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
maybe not you Vicky but your brothers like frosbel. Acidosis etc them plenty say very harsh stuffs to us, and they said we ain't Christians embarassed embarassed
Do you see us as Christians Vicky? cry
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
Olugbenger:
Don't be mischievous.
That was no question.
Abi you dey inside my head or heart?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: maybe not you Vicky but your brothers like frosbel. Acidosis etc them plenty say very harsh stuffs to us, and they said we ain't Christians embarassed embarassed
vickyO:
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
You know what? you really don't know the meaning of that word (heretics) cause if you do you'll know it perfectly describes you guys and not us. google it
what's Google in front of the Mother church? The Catholic church? The Holy and apostolic church? Are you joking? Tell me you were joking . Google? Ah ah
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
Olugbenger:
So much for upholding the principles of the church....
At what expense?
The scriptures. What are you on about exactly?
I'm sure you are a born catholic.
what am I on about? What do you mean ,my brother?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Olugbenger(m): 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: maybe not you Vicky but your brothers like frosbel. Acidosis etc them plenty say very harsh stuffs to us, and they said we ain't Christians embarassed embarassed
I see what's fuelling ur arguments and stance. While Christian folks might av doubts about the goodwill and righteousness of ur doctrines, not everyone believes what you think we hold against u.

wink
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: Abi you dey inside my head or heart?
stop wasting our time asking irrelevant questions............ try to be rational for a moment. it won't hurt
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: what's Google in front of the Mother church? The Catholic church? The Holy and apostolic church? Are you joking? Tell me you were joking . Google? Ah ah
Google the meaning of heretics............
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Olugbenger(m): 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
Google the meaning of heretics............

Google practises heresy too.

grin grin grin
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by okpurukata(f): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
oooooooooooooo. i meant the stuff you all hold while praying the rosary.... like the muslims do.... it ain't Biblical............ i'm done. you've been thoroughly brain washed and it's only the Holy Spirit that can help peeps like you........................................... Renew your mind, be open to change. God changed his mode of communication with us. are you any better?

Sorry Vicky for your failed attempts at painting the catholic church bad. If the same holy spirit has preserved this church for 2000 years and made them to be 1.2billion strong, then am sorry you will not succeed in pulling it down. Jesus promised Peter, that the church he is forming, that the gates of Hell will never prevail over it. Many have tried and failed. Many more will continue to fail. I rest my case.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by okpurukata(f): 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
If your post was questions seeking honest answers, many Catholics would have come to educate you. But you out rightly came to attack and pull down. Please madam bible follower, how will you explain to me why the church beside my house, gathers its members by 12 midnight to break pure water satchets at the junction during night vigils.
How do you explain all manner of seeds in the Pentecostal church, testimony seed, pastor feet seed, mantle seed, etc. Thank you for Pentecostal doctrines. But no thanks.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
okpurukata: If your post was questions seeking honest answers, many Catholics would have come to educate you. But you out rightly came to attack and pull down. Please madam bible follower, how will you explain to me why the church beside my house, gathers its members by 12 midnight to break pure water satchets at the junction during night vigils.
How do you explain all manner of seeds in the Pentecostal church, testimony seed, pastor feet seed, mantle seed, etc. Thank you for Pentecostal doctrines. But no thanks.
Did you read all my posts? you just picked one and gbam, condemned my whole message.... trace them and read them.... if you can't do that piss off.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Mintayo(m): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
okpurukata: If your post was questions seeking honest answers, many Catholics would have come to educate you. But you out rightly came to attack and pull down. Please madam bible follower, how will you explain to me why the church beside my house, gathers its members by 12 midnight to break pure water satchets at the junction during night vigils.
to the issue of seeds and private jets pls dnt let us go there.
There are ways by which your priest collects their own seeds too,it is just in a coded way,i am not suporting the excessive lifestyles of pentecoatal pastors but you need to see the lifestyles of catholics priest and rev fathers too,you need to see how they live their life while the people suffer,i don't want to mention names here.
Do you know that Madonna university is owned by a priest? Do u know he has another uni apart from madoona and two polytechnics? Do u know he has a transport company too? Do u know he has a fruit juice company too and he banned the drinking of other fruit drink even coke in madonna except his own?
Do i need to continue?
Excessive lifestyl is not restricted to pentecostal alone,even catholics is even worse IMO.
I am not here to judge or condemn,but there is a need for revisiting and rethinking,studying and asking God for proper guidance. Any lifestyle or doctrine that is not scripture baseed shld be done away with totally.
May God help us.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Acidosis(m): 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II:

Amen
Glory To Jesus , Honor to Mary .

Must you Honor Mary?

What would happen to you if you fail to honour her (idolatry) ? Hell Fire?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Acidosis(m): 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
@POPE II

some of your popes are already burning in Hell right now... in the same vien, the "PastoCrooks' who failed to preach and act on the true teachings of God through the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by okpurukata(f): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2013
Acidosis: @POPE II

some of your popes are already burning in Hell right now... in the same vien, the "PastoCrooks' who failed to preach and act on the true teachings of God through the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ

That's the more reason why you and Vicky o and the other poster should "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and every other thing shall be added u to you". That the words of the Lord Himself. No amount of condemning other denominations, and struggling to remove the log in another person's eye will lead you to heaven. Seek his kingdom, seek to win more souls for him in a loving manner and be righteous. Our entire goal as individuals should be to make heaven. If you think Pastor worship or your own church is best, nada. You will still burn there with those popes you mentioned and your pastor prenuers.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by okpurukata(f): 7:44am On Nov 20, 2013
Mintayo:
to the issue of seeds and private jets pls dnt let us go there.
There are ways by which your priest collects their own seeds too,it is just in a coded way,i am not suporting the excessive lifestyles of pentecoatal pastors but you need to see the lifestyles of catholics priest and rev fathers too,you need to see how they live their life while the people suffer,i don't want to mention names here.
Do you know that Madonna university is owned by a priest? Do u know he has another uni apart from madoona and two polytechnics? Do u know he has a transport company too? Do u know he has a fruit juice company too and he banned the drinking of other fruit drink even coke in madonna except his own?
Do i need to continue?
Excessive lifestyl is not restricted to pentecostal alone,even catholics is even worse IMO.
I am not here to judge or condemn,but there is a need for revisiting and rethinking,studying and asking God for proper guidance. Any lifestyle or doctrine that is not scripture baseed shld be done away with totally.
May God help us.

It will also benefit you to learn that the church scrutinizes the finances of Madonna university and it's activity. At least Fr Ede is answereable to some one. The pope has the powers to remove him as a priest if he is found wanting in any area. Recall what happened to the extravagant bishop in Germany last month.
Also every collection in the church, you will be told what it is used for and it's optional. No curses are heaped on you for failing to 'sow'. Can you say these same things of Covenant University or your own church.
Please be frank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Mastubation A Sin? / FAITH In Mathematics / America, The LovePeddler Of Babylon? Repent And Seek God For Mercy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.