Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? (4344 Views)

How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! / .... / US Father Takes Unclaimed African Kingdom To Make Daughter A Princess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by iluvweed(m): 12:08am On Nov 19, 2013
Hi Everyone!

I was just idle today and decided to check my full names on Google to see if anyone also bears them and which was also my late dads full names (I am/was JNR), and to my greatest surprise I found a link showing my late fathers name in an Unclaimed Dividends in Briscoe! His name was listed 6 different times and am not sure what that means, Well I called my mom and she said its true that she remembered he has many shares back then but she cant find the papers....we only have the death certificate so I want to know if there is a way to claim the unclaimed dividends...lol...(e fit don LARGE ooooooh)... grin grin grin

Pls anyone that has had a similar case or heard a similar case and knows a solution should come to my rescue here.....ABEG..lol....

#Sudden Money........... grin grin grin grin grin

ABEG MODS front page before my other brothers sees the link...... cheesy grin cheesy grin...........So only me and my momcee can share it #LOWKEY wink
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by r231(m): 12:23am On Nov 19, 2013
Funny enough I saw my dad's name there as well few weeks back and I contact the company in yaba. I will get you the address of the company so please do let me know how it goes cus I am not in naija.
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by iluvweed(m): 12:26am On Nov 19, 2013
r231: Funny enough I saw my dad's name there as well few weeks back and I contact the company in yaba. I will get you the address of the company so please do let me know how it goes cus I am not in naija.

Wow thats good I found a partner....

Thanks bros...Will be waiting for the contact....

I just hope its worth it!....but I will def give it a shot!
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by r231(m): 12:26am On Nov 19, 2013
Meristem Registrars Limited
213, Herbert Macaulay Road,
Yaba Lagos.
D/L: 01-2809250-4, 01-8920491-2
Mail: info@meristemregistrars.com
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by r231(m): 12:28am On Nov 19, 2013
Contact Address
124 Norman Williams Street,
South West, Ikoyi,
Lagos.
P.O. Box 51585
Falomo-Ikoyi,
Lagos.
Phone: +234 01 2717355
Toll Free Line: 0800MERISTEM, +234 800 63747836
E-mail: info@meristemng.com

http://www.meristem.com.ng/registrars/unclaimedcertificatesbycompany.php?pageNum_rsunclaimed=8&Symbol=12&totalRows_rsunclaimed=6240
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by iluvweed(m): 12:29am On Nov 19, 2013
Perfect!....

I would be contacting them tomorrow and I would update you!

But bro....Do you think its worth it
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by r231(m): 12:29am On Nov 19, 2013
Let me know how it turns out please cus they are not replying my mails so maybe you can visit their office
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by iluvweed(m): 12:31am On Nov 19, 2013
Okay I will update on this thread.

I asked if you think its worth it?
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by Aafulenu(f): 6:05am On Nov 19, 2013
No institution would give u anything unless u have a grant of probate or a letter of administration. So if u don't have either of these. Get one first

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by r231(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
Aafulenu: No institution would give u anything unless u have a grant of probate or a letter of administration. So if u don't have either of these. Get one first

where can you get one?
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by Aafulenu(f): 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
Only place u can get one is at theCourt and it usually takes a lot of time
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by delpee(f): 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
Contact a lawyer for Letter of Administration. It takes time and can be expensive if its not a family lawyer or friend who wishes to go out of his/her way to help. If your dad had a written will, your work is easier.
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by olatunde2yk(m): 10:37am On Mar 19, 2019
Same here o. I can't even find death warrant or any written will. I will try and visit his registrar institution.
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by passcrypto: 11:36am On May 21, 2021
Pls I have a similar issue. Does any one know best way to get the shares back.
Honest direction will be fine. Cos the death certificate is lost also
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 21, 2021
Don't inform the investment house because they can easily Corner his shares and tell you nothing like that.

Go to the registras office. There you'll be given a proper guide on how to claim the checks.

You maybe required to present some vital documents like shares certificates or statement of his shares account since shares certs have been scrapped after they did the verification and made everything online. Just hold a means of verification.
Re: How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? by Frankyfaith: 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2023
First of all, go to the registrar of the investment company with the share certificates and death certificate. They will give you the requirements for claiming the dividends with that you can go to a high court and process it.
Before you can do that you must be the next of kin. A letter will be needed from your mother and your siblings attesting that you are actually the next of kin.

(1) (Reply)

I Told My Friend About Her Result, Now She's Has Been Admitted In The Hospital / A Snake Came Out From Her Vagina / My Husband Is Committing Bigamy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.