Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala (766 Views)

N500bn Social Welfare: 1million Poor Nigerians To Get N5,000 Directly–Presidency / 2.744bn SURE-P FUNDS: Touch It & Go To Jail- El Rufai Warns Mukhtar Yero / Check Out The Amount Collected By YOUR STATE From Sure-p Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by awodman: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2013
THE Minister of Finance, yesterday, denied Senate
allegation that N500 billion was missing from the SURE-P
funds.

A statement signed by Paul Nwabuikwu, Special
Adviser Media to the Coordinating Minister of Finance said
“contrary to some recent media reports, there is no missing N500 billion from SURE-P funds. The claim is completely false.

“The total expected funds for SURE-P from subsidy savings for the Federal, state and local governments is N816 billion from February 2012 to December 2013. (Please note that SURE-P started in February 2012.)

“The Federal Government portion managed by the Kolade
Committee for the period February 2012 to September
2013 is N300 billion after deductions for Stabilisation and
other Special Accounts.

“As Dr Christopher Kolade confirmed to the National
Assembly recently, this is the amount which SURE-P at the Federal level has received from the Federal Government. The balance of N500 billion went to the states and local governments which also have their own SURE-P programmes. This is the amount that is wrongly described as missing”.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/missing-n500-billion-sure-p-funds-okonjo-iweala/

1 Like

Re: No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 19, 2013
Hmmmmm!

Tell me now, who is the thief??

Is NOI making spurious and unverifiable claims here, or is it that the people who reported the missing fund didn't get their facts right.

Either way, something is amiss.

IMHO, either NOI and FG is lying or someone is out to malign the FG.

Time will tell.
Re: No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2013
This woman don't think or analyse issues before she spews, that was how she said the government can not afford beyond 100billion for ASUU but want do we have today; the government is begging ASUU with 220billion and the Vice President had help her to swallow her vomit by apologizing to ASUU. I begin to question her exposure at Harvard?
Re: No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by awodman: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2013
gregtochi: Hmmmmm!

Tell me now, who is the thief??

Is NOI making spurious and unverifiable claims here, or is it that the people who reported the missing fund didn't get their facts right.

Either way, something is amiss.

IMHO, either NOI and FG is lying or someone is out to malign the FG.

Time will tell.
The Senator that made the allegation exhibited crass Ignorance and its surprising it is coming from someone who should know that Sure-p funds is shared by all tiers of govt.

For the records,Sure-p is shared in the ratio FG 41% and 59% for states and LGs...
www.sure-p.gov.ng/index.cfm/faqs/
do the maths and you will see that not only is Okonjo Iweala correct,common sense vindicates her position too

5 Likes

Re: No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by Tintinix: 9:20am On Nov 19, 2013
How many people like me are just realizing that there are State and Local government chapters of this SURE-P project!
I haven't heard anything about it in Rivers State!

Madam NOI next step, please issue an explanation to the dwindling of the Excess crude Oil account flagged by Amaechi and co.
Thanks!
Re: No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by taharqa: 9:28am On Nov 19, 2013
So people are still interested in this sillly mata, raised by an OLODO Senator??

2 Likes

Re: No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by Layolaw(f): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2013
hmmmm, God is watching you all
Re: No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by karlmax2: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2013
Tintinix: How many people like me are just realizing that there are State and Local government chapters of this SURE-P project!
I haven't heard anything about it in Rivers State!

Madam NOI next step, please issue an explanation to the dwindling of the Excess crude Oil account flagged by Amaechi and co.
Thanks!
yes there is sure-p funds for for state and local government that ur state governor collects and the FG always publishes how much the FG, state and local government share on the pages of news paper but I guess ur to fixated on what the FG does with its own that u don't bother asking what ur state and local goverment chairman has been doing with the billions they've received to better ur life.. Am even happy this aligation came up and I want the house to investigate how both the FG, state and local government acct for how they spent those monies accurued to them since SURE-P started let see who would be vindicated

1 Like

Re: No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by 99100(m): 10:11am On Nov 19, 2013
Since d said stark ignorant senator is a representative of a people,what do we say of those people he is representing?
#LOGIC#
Re: No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by TechWalker007: 10:58am On Nov 19, 2013
WOW!!!!

I never knew all these APC governors attacking SURE-P are actually silently collecting their share!
I have not heard any project in Lagos funded with SURE-P or has Fashola reject his own share since February?

2 Likes

Re: No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by israel007: 11:43am On Nov 19, 2013
[size=18pt]ATTENTION SEEKING AMAECHI.

F00L
[/size]
Re: No Missing N500bn Sure-p Funds - Okonjo Iweala by Tintinix: 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
No fixation Karl max, I just didn't realize!
Especially with all the backlashes especially from the state government, meanwhile they are silently collecting their own allocation and the masses are not hearing anything about it.

500 Billion Missing from sure-p fund!!! They cried!!!

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING : Adekunle Ajasin Uni Pull Out Of ASUU Strike,students Resume On Monday / You Will Suffer For Your ‘shameless And Selfish Politics - Joe Igbokwe / Nigerian Senate Seeks 7 Year Jail Term For Social Media Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.