Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse (47102 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / 20 Romantic Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend / Top 100 Questions To Ask Your Potential Boyfriend/girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:55am On Nov 19, 2013
So, here are 20 questions to ask a potential spouse. These are just suggestions, and by no means should all of them be asked on a first date. If a question doesn’t feel right to you, then don’t ask it. Or, just replace it with one that is not on the list. The point is to get singles who desire to be married to think carefully about what’s important to them and then to have open communication about these issues before marriage. There are plenty of married and divorced people who wish they had asked the tough questions before saying “I do.”

black-couple-holding-each-other

1. Do you have any life-threatening or incurable diseases?

2. Do you have any children? If so, how integral are they in your life?

3. What are your short term and long term goals?

4. What does financial stability mean to you?

5. What is your relationship like with your parents?

6. How often do you go to church, pray, read your Bible?

7. What gives you joy in life?

8. Do you have a criminal history or record?

9. Do you date men or women exclusively?

10. How many s*xual partners have you had?

11. What do you do when you get angry?

12. Do you have a job? How long have you been working/unemployed?

13. What was your last relationship like? How long ago was it?

14. What are you looking for in a mate?

15. Do you have crazy men or women calling, texting, or stalking you? Should I be afraid?

16. Are there many strong marriages in your family history?

17. What’s the one thing you don’t like about yourself?

18. Do you have any deal breakers for relationships?

19. What do you believe are the roles for men and women in relationships?

20. Do you desire to marry?

Now, there are no right or wrong answers per se. It all depends on what you deem as important. If a question matters to you, ask the question. Listen to the person’s words but also watch the person’s demeanor. Finally, pray about the answers you receive and ask God to order your next steps in the relationship. He might tell you to walk down the aisle or He might say walk the other way. You will never know until you ask.

- Culled From: http://nigeriana.org/blog/45348.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Jetheights+%28Jet+Heights%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail#sthash.k3bkhMF6.dpuf

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 19, 2013
These ones na JAMB questions oh grin

Seriously though, they are crucial to the length of any relationship. Someone that doesn't have any goals is automatically 'undateable'.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2013
you can't ask all this questions in a day or one week in order not to get suspicion from the opposite sex winkTake it 2 questions per month and fill in the answers at the back of your head

13 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2013
@ CFC Fan: I completely agree with you. I also feel that some questions on the list don't even need to be asked outrightly as Bennyraz eluded. The powers of observation is key.

@Benny: There was never a timeframe on that article was there? The major thing is, at some point in your relationship one starts to feel that the person he or she is dating could potentially be "the one", it is usually at this stage that majority of the questions outlined should be stylishly asked. In this day and age sha, question 1 could come way earlier if both parties are ready to "hit the sack".
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by illicit(m): 9:31am On Nov 19, 2013
its goin to take a lot of time to get all ur answers, by then he wud av swam in ur river jordan uncountable times that u wont even bother what his answers are, this sounds like questions a person seeking for a marriage of convenience wud ask not a person seeking for true love, u fall in love head over heels not considering what tribe the other person is or if he is jobless or snores at night, #na so i hear o, one has to be careful and mindful of their companies sha but these questions are damn long and i bet u wont even get answers to some cos he might just think its hilarious and wud laff it off or talk over it

2 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 19, 2013
VIvi, Congratulations on your first topic in nairaland

3 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by charles316: 9:43am On Nov 19, 2013
vivacious vivi:

The honest answer to this question will simply end relationships even before the marriage. Its an established fact that most naija babes have had tens of guys in their P**uss*y.

11 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by chymystique(f): 10:13am On Nov 19, 2013
Nice thread Vivi.. Buh sometimes askin these question wnt make a diff cos ur spouse mit LIE cool

2 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Chimezie198(m): 11:24am On Nov 19, 2013
21. Can u last upto 2hrs in bed?

7 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 19, 2013
@vivi, i was just helping readers out by including a time frame.. you know some might just write the questions down and start asking their partners to answer it one by one and at the end of the day, answers gotten might be liess
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by adezjamz(m): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
Chimezie198: 21. Can u last upto 2hrs in bed?
cool

1 Like

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by mencade6: 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
Am coming, let me ask my spouse...i will bring answers in d next 30 minutes

also, how many abortions have you done?

2 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by DonColz1(m): 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
21. Do you have a prado jeep?

2 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by SlyIg(f): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
mencade6: Am coming, let me ask my spouse...i will bring answers in d next 30 minutes

also, how many abortions have you done?

Lol...
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by azimibraun: 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
U sabi wire well?
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Mariojane(f): 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
Without checking dis questions i believe in a relationship guys or ladies must hv been asking their partners such questions or something similar. There re some questions u won't even ask but u will get ur answers to them when u get closer to ur spouse.

1 Like

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Fazhy: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2013

I can see the OP is a female. Can she really answer this with all honesty? That is a big 'gobe' question.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by nnocurruption: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
you forgot to add the most important question "Are you a virgin". note this question is from a guy to a girl not the other way round.
Trust me guys you don't want to marry a girl and someday meet a guy who told you that he has slept with your wife countless times or he told you that your wife was a cheerful sex giver and has committed abortion countless times which may lead to infertility.
my point is if you marry a hoe you might end up looking for children since your wife has committed several abortion so to be fully sure if she is the perfect person for you ask her if she is a virgin.

1 Like

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
Rubbish, na unilever interview.

1 Like

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Sknda(m): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
A daily morning devotional blog for you www.gospelshower..com

2 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by emalek86(m): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
i wan mak dem BAN me haba
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by swhiss: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
22. Which fruit/vegetable do you think I resemble and why? grin
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by karmaleon: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
will just tell the babe if shr likes herself, make she no ask coz some answers fit cause hypertension

2 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by alphaconde(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
Each of those questions may take more than one month to get the real answer.

Do u suggest a 20 month pre date examination.
My advice, if you like any, have them, if u unlike them for any reason unhave them. Before you turn to CIA cus of relationships.

By the way no one is using the like button on the post, since nairaland doesn't show u ur likers names, just to inform the op, I was first to like his post.

1 Like

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
Some of the questions here, though necessary, are not supposed to be asked. Take for example the question on whether there is any incurable disease or mental disease in your would-be spouse's family. Do you expect me to give you a positive answer if there is a history of mental disorder in my family? No! You can only get to know this through a close friend or relation. In the past among the Yoruba, there was who was called "alarina" (literally the road seer). He was the go-in between the would be husband and wife. He tried to investigate if there is any disease in the families.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Dannylux: 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
Why ask all these when the person can simply give you what you expect to satisfy your curiosity?
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by tbagjames(m): 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
are u d daughter to Aliko Dangote?
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Boscojugunu(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
31. how long is ur d**k
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by paulworld(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
op no vex abeg i wan ask you only one question

are you married
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Namady(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
CFCfan: These ones na JMAB questions oh grin

Seriously though, they are crucial to the length of any relationship. Someone that doesn't have any goals is automatically 'undateable'.

Guy dis 1 pass JAMB own ooo! E be like say na WAEC questions....Lol grin
CFCfan: These ones na JMAB questions oh grin

Guy dis 1 pass JAMB own ooo! E be like say na WAEC questions....Lol
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by GentleMimi: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
21) what is ur take concerning children? Do u love kids? How many children do u wish to have?
22) what is ur take concerning a career woman.Would u support a woman combining work and family duties? Or is it ur opinion that all women must be housewives to take care of the home?
23) how do u handle anger issues? Do u belive in exerting force and violence to get ur point across
24) concerning extended families,what is ur take in accommodating family members in the home?
.....i guess this is all i can remember for now.But most humans ar not totally reliable.Some answers may not be true,so just do ur best and hand over the relationship to God.

5 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by swhiss: 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2013
25. Which three parts of my body are your personal favourites and why?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Features Of A Runs Girl / What's The Most Unintelligent Lie A Partner Has Ever Told You In A Relationship / Open Letter To Ex-Corper That Had Sex With 2 Ladies In Owerri & Shared Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.