Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match (25689 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / Rev.fr Mbaka- Mikel Obi Should No Longer Be In The Nigeria Team / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by gunners160(m): 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
But wait o y did u nt includd mba dat guy is gud .e is my best player.nd wat u said abt mikel is damn rite bt chelsea fans no wan hear dat 1 o o.if u talk abt mikel them go kari d mata 4 head like load
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Abuklaw(m): 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
Kudos to keshi, but there are obvious flaws in d current squad
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Jusmudi(m): 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ideye na my best player lol
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
Op you get time
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
super eagles top strikers are sola amoebi,bright dike and emenike. ahmed musa,brown ideye and ik brothers should be in bench.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by LMAyedun(m): 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
Take away Ideye from that list.
Ideye is a poor finisher.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Lordlexyy: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
No doubt, mikel is a world class player but the absence of competition in his position made him a bit complicant. Over all, we had a good outing. Ideye, though hasn't given us much to cheer, but hope he will pick up. Onaze so far has proven to be trusted. I believe subsequent friendly matches will give us reasons to determine who is fit, any judgement pass now would have been hastly done.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by nerodenero: 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lordlexyy: No doubt, mikel is a world class player but the absence of competition in his position made him a bit complicant. Over all, we had a good outing. Ideye, though hasn't given us much to cheer, but hope he will pick up. Onaze so far has proven to be trusted. I believe subsequent friendly matches will give us reasons to determine who is fit, any judgement pass now would have been hastly done.
Complacent
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by ajasa4link: 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
I wish we have a replacement for mikel in that midfield.... the lack of competition for his position makes him feeel comfortable and untouchable.... keshi needs to do a shopping for good Nigerian midfielders... I wish we can get a big man like yaya toure who will stamp his authority in the middle of the park,and move the ball very fast during counter-attacks
LAST BULLET: Victor Moses needs to stop playing like Robben and pass the ball to his team mates on time when on a counterattack

1 Like

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by ChiSun27(m): 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
jmoore: Maybe he is a dancer.

Dem send u mek u kill me with laff abi? E no go work for u.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Leemak: 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nigerian Super Eagles still not above average, truth be told.......Nigeria was only lucky that Pirlo and Diamanti did not start that match....Again Nigeria has a record of playing draw with Top teams in preparation for the world cup which to you is a good performance going by the display but @ the World Cup they always fumble except that of '94.So fellow football lovers dont be deluded by this, we are warning you now so that you will not go and use property that belongs to the whole family to take bet in favour of Super Eagles against any team in the world cup in Brazil, if it does happen to you we will not hesitate to mock you, enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by clevop11: 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
fckyourman: Person sat down and wrote all this.

Please go and apply as NF Football adviser.

NA TRUE U TALK O.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by goshen26: 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lil chilz: just passing bye
...………….._.---._
………… '…………’
…………/……………\
…………\ (@) (@) /
………….\ . . A . .../ ……………..) ....,,(
……………\ """"" /
………….....`. _ .'
……… ……….=.
… … .---._.-.=.-._.---.
…… ./ ':-(_.-: :-._)-:` \ … …/ /' (__.-: :-.__)`\ \
… ./ / (___.-` '-.___) '\ \
… / /. (___.-'^`-.___).\\
. / /.. (___.-'=`-.___)..\ \
./ /… (____.'=`.____)…\\
/ / … ' (___. '=`.___)……\ \ (_.;……`----'.=.`----'… …;_)
;|| … … ( `.-.=.-.' ) … … '||;
;|| … …… \ `.=.' / … …… ||;
;||………… \ .=. /…… … …||;
;||…… .-`.`-._.-'.'-……… ||;
::\...... ( ,): O Osad, )…… /:;: |||| … / /'`’---'--'` \ \ … ' ||||
‘''''… ' / / ……… ……\ \ … ''''’’
........../ / …… …………\ \
......../ /………… … ……\ \
....../ /…… …… … … … \ \
..../ / …… ……… … …… \ \ ../ /……… …… … …… … \ \
./.' …… …… … … … …… `.\
.(_)’ … …… …… …… ….`(_)
..\\ ……… ………………… //
...\\ ………… … ………… //
....\\ ……… …… ……… // .....\\ ……… …………. //
......\\ ……………… …//
.......\\ …… …………//
.......///) ……………(\\\
.....,///' ……… …… `\\\,
...../// …………………`\\\ ....""' …………………… '""
. ASUU must be held responsible. Lol
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by tobiboss(m): 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
I don't know how Ideye is in the national team and Ike uche is not, the guy is just useless to the team. Anyways am sure that keshi isn't seriously thinking of taking azubukwe to the world cup, he gets drawn out of position way too easily, by the way that left back, francis benjami is really good. It's quite obvious we don't have any other right back and no true right winger(left footed winger, Bleep you sidney sam) anyways I will be supporting the super eagles in brazil, win or lose
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by DisGuy: 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
still cant understand how Oduamadi makes the list, even if the guy drop something for Oga at the Top Surely there are many capable replacement
this dude plays for Serie B and for the B team even!

Everyday i ask why people are hating on Ahmed Musa, it's obvious if this guys name was something like Fola Emeka, he'll be on top of their list.
I challenge anyone to compare his club and national stats with others in the same position

Victor Moses on the Left wing and Ahmed Musa of the right wing with proper attacking midfielder will cause more problem

1 Like

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Alameen3: 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
I think Ideye should be dropped and give room for Ik Uche. The guy is wasteful and ll make Nigeria eat humble pie when he cannot convert chances against big teams. Oduamadi should also be dropped as he doesnt add value to the team. Experience of Odewingie could be useful too.He has learnt his lessons and I think he should be given a second chance.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
Attack

Can I just add that Brown Ideye and Ahmed Musa are not as useless as folks like to suggest. Some people have to play what Arsene Wenger calls the dark role for others to flourish. Pundits and fans may not appreciate their effort but the coach does.

There will be times in world cup when we may come up against Italy with Pirlo, Spain with Alonso, Germany with Bastian schwenie or England with Gerrard . . . .the best way to attempt to alter the rhythm of the opposite teams with such world class deep lying playmakers is to put one of your strikers on them so that defenders are forced to play long balls. The best person with the presence of mind and humility to do such a dirty job without committing silly fouls is Brown Ideye. He is also very useful if we try to press the ball high up the pitch. Ideye unfortunately misses a lot of goals but his work rate for the rest of the team is one only the coach can sometimes appreciate. For this reason alone I think Ideye is already on the plane to Brazil.

Ahmed Musa . . . .ignore his pace at your own peril. I like him and I think he is a good player. When technique and tactics fail and a football match gets very cagy . . . .it takes youthful exuberance and the silly pace of players like Ahmed Musa to unlock defense. Yes he needs to work on his crosses and judgment but the ability to get behind the defense line of the opponent can sometimes be priceless. So for this reason I also think Ahmed Musa is on the way to world cup.

Apart from that the rest of the strike force is good. That's on the understanding that Oduamadi never gets an invite again. The lad is no use to super eagles.

Midfield

Nigeria must always play a 3 man midfield. Keshi must monitor Mikels mood. If he starts playing offensive midfield, let the other 2 shield the back four, if he plays deep lying playmaker let one of the other 2 midfielders move upfield and support attack. if Mikel starts getting unpredictable and attempts to gaurd the ball in the midfield against 3 opponents like he does sometimes, Keshi should kindly sub him. A midfield 3 of either Mikel-Onazi-Ogu or Mikel-Onazi-Igiebor or Onazi-Igiebor-Ogu can do the business anyday.

Defence
Time to call back Joseph Yobo. He may be old and slow but he will at least trap the ball and pass it into one of the midfielders. Egwuekwe's tendency to balloom the ball to the opponents simply returns the pressure on our defense. I recognize Egwuekwe's efforts and may be he should still go to world cup, but sure James Okwuosa and Solomon Kwambe should be sent packing. If we have no other right back in the world we can invite who can pass the ball then lets convert a midfielder or winger to play the full backs for us. Ability for the defenders to knock the ball around with the midfielders and build attack from the back is very very important. Omeruo and Oboabona do this superbly and that's why their combo is irreplaceable.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by sammoe(m): 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
Make me sef talk my own.

@OP nice observations.

I sincerely point out that Nigeria (ians) is immensely talented; harnessing such has been our bane.

Players like Ideye and Musa (especially) should be allowed to go to learn more. Musa doesn't know how to use his strength (s) effectively. That guy should be lethal. Ideye's profligacy should not be encouraged.
Our backline,apart from requiring suitable deputies, need the most work. At the WC they can be our greatest undoing / inspiration. Their certainty of conceding & the manner in which they do is quite sad.

ABOVE ALL, what the SE needs (I've maintained this for years) PSYCHOLOGICAL/EMOTIONAL STRENGTH. This ensures they remain TACTICALLY DISCIPLINED/BALANCED. Thus keeping calm when needed most, knowing when to pump fusillades of shots, knowing how to hold on to leads, frustrating the opponents style of play...

...mehn it aff do joor

#Up Super Eagles.
"Goodluck without Jonathan"

grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Kelyto: 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
wat is wrong wit u pple and ideye........dat guy is not dat bad as u guys say he is....wen he scored twice against b/faso in a friendly,no one said he was bad....rada u guys were praisin him.....and he's played a match after and u guys turned his bak against him....for dose of u dat doesn knw,dat guy is d second highest player in d SE after mikel for christ sake....true,he's missed some goals bt a striker doesnt score everyday....take a look at his paces,his speed,and his fights for d ball,he's way beta dan osaze of a guy or even ik uche....he should be givn more playin chances along wit emenike....am happy keshi see his real worth despite all d ranting against d poor guy
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Princecharmin(m): 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
bionicdude: one thing you failed to spot out is dat ideye is not a footballer.
i swear!!...
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Princecharmin(m): 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
mikeansy: Attack

Can I just add that Brown Ideye and Ahmed Musa are not as useless as folks like to suggest. Some people have to play what Arsene Wenger calls the dark role for others to flourish. Pundits and fans may not appreciate their effort but the coach does.

There will be times in world cup when we may come up against Italy with Pirlo, Spain with Alonso, Germany with Bastian schwenie or England with Gerrard . . . .the best way to attempt to alter the rhythm of the opposite teams with such world class deep lying playmakers is to put one of your strikers on them so that defenders are forced to play long balls. The best person with the presence of mind and humility to do such a dirty job without committing silly fouls is Brown Ideye. He is also very useful if we try to press the ball high up the pitch. Ideye unfortunately misses a lot of goals but his work rate for the rest of the team is one only the coach can sometimes appreciate. For this reason alone I think Ideye is already on the plane to Brazil.

Ahmed Musa . . . .ignore his pace at your own peril. I like him and I think he is a good player. When technique and tactics fail and a football match gets very cagy . . . .it takes youthful exuberance and the silly pace of players like Ahmed Musa to unlock defense. Yes he needs to work on his crosses and judgment but the ability to get behind the defense line of the opponent can sometimes be priceless. So for this reason I also think Ahmed Musa is on the way to world cup.

Apart from that the rest of the strike force is good. That's on the understanding that Oduamadi never gets an invite again. The lad is no use to super eagles.

Midfield

Nigeria must always play a 3 man midfield. Keshi must monitor Mikels mood. If he starts playing offensive midfield, let the other 2 shield the back four, if he plays deep lying playmaker let one of the other 2 midfielders move upfield and support attack. if Mikel starts getting unpredictable and attempts to gaurd the ball in the midfield against 3 opponents like he does sometimes, Keshi should kindly sub him. A midfield 3 of either Mikel-Onazi-Ogu or Mikel-Onazi-Igiebor or Onazi-Igiebor-Ogu can do the business anyday.

Defence
Time to call back Joseph Yobo. He may be old and slow but he will at least trap the ball and pass it into one of the midfielders. Egwuekwe's tendency to balloom the ball to the opponents simply returns the pressure on our defense. I recognize Egwuekwe's efforts and may be he should still go to world cup, but sure James Okwuosa and Solomon Kwambe should be sent packing. If we have no other right back in the world we can invite who can pass the ball then lets convert a midfielder or winger to play the full backs for us. Ability for the defenders to knock the ball around with the midfielders and build attack from the back is very very important. Omeruo and Oboabona do this superbly and that's why their combo is irreplaceable.
u really have time o

1 Like

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by danjalingo: 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
beethoven: I think John Ogu should be replaced with Nosa Igeibor. I follow him a lot in La Liga and he is a very technical player. Anyone remember the first leg of the match against Ethiopia? it was when this guy was introduced into the midfield in the last quarter of the game that we became stable and began creating more scoring chances. John Ogu is not a bad player at all, it is just that he drifts away from position too often. Also Haruna Lukman has come of age now, it would not be a bad idea trying him out too.
use the world cup to try out a player?
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Youngsage: 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
@Jarus nice post minus your S.E selection. If that team is taken to world cup as it is, then we might not be able to withstand some oppositions... You can quote me anywia.
For crying out loud what is needed at the world cup is experience upon experience. How many of these players have been to the W.C before?? Look at Italy, Spain, Holland,etc, have experienced players like Pirlo, Puyol, Robben respectively,
Is it because we played one friendly match and Dike scored means he should be taken automatically? I am not saying he is not good enough, but the truth is, we need to combine this side wit mature players wit more experience to do well at the W.C. At least one xperienced/matured player should be in each position of the squad.
That been said, if Keshi really knows what he is doing, then he should make at least three of the following players an integral part of the team:
1. JOSEPH YOBO(super eagles most capped player)
2. I.K UCHE
3.OBAFEMI MARTINS

4. OSAZE ODEMWINGIE
5. JOEL OBI.

My two kobos.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Iceman296: 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
The Guy who Played Right Back Position Yesterday was a Disaster, Solomon Kwambe i think, He Caused of Some of the Flaws in the Defence which eventually Led to the Goals!
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by deltateam: 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
abdulslutsky: Rythm or no rythm

#Musa Must Go!!!#

Like if u support this ..team MMG

MUSA and IDEYE should be given a RED card finally.They have caused enough heart ache.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Oga Keshi, i sabi say na you be oga-@-the-top, i kneel down dey beg you, abeg recall OSAZE ODEMWINGE. na beg i dey beg!!
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
my first 11 (subs)

Enyeama (Ejide)

Ambrose, Oboabona, Omeruo (Yobo), Echiejile

Onazi, Mikel, Igiebor (Ogu, or Ogude)

Moses(Musa), Emenike (Ameobi), Ideye(Obinna or Uche)
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Proffdada: 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
deltateam:

MUSA and IDEYE should be given a RED card finally.They have caused enough heart ache.

Musa is cluelessly selfish
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by maclatunji: 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
Jarus does not understand that defensive acumen comes with experience. Nigeria's back 4 last night are young and relatively inexperienced. If they can play like that against Italy, they are good enough for the Super Eagles as they can only get better with time.

I believe in Stephen Keshi, we finally have a coach that can lead the Super Eagles to perform to their true potential.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by pomporiking: 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lordlexyy: No doubt, mikel is a world class player but the absence of competition in his position made him a bit complicant. Over all, we had a good outing. Ideye, though hasn't given us much to cheer, but hope he will pick up. Onaze so far has proven to be trusted. I believe subsequent friendly matches will give us reasons to determine who is fit, any judgement pass now would have been hastly done.

Your stopped making sense from No doubt mikel is a world class player grin
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by akintun: 11:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
I really don't understand ur first point, because statistically under Keshi super eagles have not done well against European and S.American teams.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by nep2ra(m): 11:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
Why did you "LOL" when you mentioned your achievement as a skilfull striker? Are you shy or embarrarssed? Did you think people woould not believe you?
Or are youjust being modest? I played as a striker for a semi-pro team in Mitcham, London. I scored a lot of goals for that team and really enjoyed my time with them. I'm currently playing for a new team in the East of England. The goals keep coming.
I respect your analysis of the SE performance and believe you know what you are talking about since you are active in the game. Cheers mate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Live Pictures From Ballon D'or Award 2021 / Burial Poster Of Mary Ejide, Austin Ejide's Mother (Photos) / Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.