Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,232 members, 7,953,882 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match (25690 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / Rev.fr Mbaka- Mikel Obi Should No Longer Be In The Nigeria Team / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by safarigirl(f): 2:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
Players like Ideye and Oduamadi should be dropped. Musa still has uses, he's got pace, Keshi should just tell him to PASS to a STRIKER after his Usain Bolt sprint and knack it in his head wella. I agree with the whole conceding ish, Italy's 2nd goal was more of a defensive error than that of the keeper since it's kinda hard for a goalie to act fast when the 18-yard box is crammed the way it was. I feel our goal keeping department is good to go also. The commentator at the match attested to that, even Buffon and Casillas would concede a barrage of goals if the defence sucks. Finally, our defence SUCKS!
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
Gpattern: nobody is talking about the inclusion of this real betis kid, osaze and joel obi, i stil think this are our most intellegent players we have.
Pls where is Joel Obi? SE needs that guy. He is a superb player that can use both legs comfortably and so, can play any of the wings. He has the skill to penetrate any defence and a superlative way of disturbing any defensive line and got accurate passes most of the time. Combining him with Victor Moses- Moses playing from the left while he plays from the right- will be a good combo that will fetch results through accurate passes to our strikers. Keshi should invite him, he is an asset we shouldn't miss.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by kobikwelu(m): 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
are you guys insane...

Look a Musa, Moses, Emenike attack is our best option...we need pace in the flanks to help open up our midfield....

A Mikel in the midfield is not an option!!! IT IS OUR ONLY HOPE!!!...You should understand the calming effect Mikel has on a game...He is not primed for counter attacks...that is what Onazi/Joel Obi/Mba should be saddled with....STOP TURNING MIKEL INTO WHAT HE IS NOT!!!! HE IS NOT AN ATTACKING MIDFIELDER.....Mikel has an excellent long - ball.

In defense, we all know our choices..but as people have highlighted, our achilles heel will be our defensive subs....

Enyeama

EFE OBONABONA EMERUO Echiejile

MIKEL

ONAZI MBA/JOEL OBI/HARUNA LUKMAN

MUSA MOSES
EMENIKE

4-3-3

Ideye should not be dropped...the only thing he has going for him is his work-rate...and is an ideal 75+' substitute.....

as far as i am concerned, Onazi and Mikel are untouchable in the mid-field...

It would not be a bad idea to have Yobo come in as a substitute to help us hold a lead in the world-cup. His experience would prove priceless in such situations.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by Ikenna94: 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
It is NW evident 4 all 2 see dat nigeria is fast becoming a force in global football , Italy were very lucky NT to ve lost. Atleast our Rankin shud improve , and no more grade b friendlies or Mandela challenge cos we ve outgrown Africa and teams less Dan top 15 in d world. Up keshi
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by iamdsam: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2013
Abbey2sam:

What are you saying

Go as in "brazil". Or

Go as in leave super Eagle

Musa is goooooooooooooD
Musa is good keh He's the worst attacker we got in our Super Eagles team. He wastes chances to score too much. You don't waste chances like that in the world cup because it would be rare. Keshi should do away with Musa. He should call Osaze and the Uche brothers back.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by iamdsam: 9:47am On Nov 21, 2013
kobikwelu: are you guys insane...

Look a Musa, Moses, Emenike attack is our best option...we need pace in the flanks to help open up our midfield....

A Mikel in the midfield is not an option!!! IT IS OUR ONLY HOPE!!!...You should understand the calming effect Mikel has on a game...He is not primed for counter attacks...that is what Onazi/Joel Obi/Mba should be saddled with....STOP TURNING MIKEL INTO WHAT HE IS NOT!!!! HE IS NOT AN ATTACKING MIDFIELDER.....Mikel has an excellent long - ball.

In defense, we all know our choices..but as people have highlighted, our achilles heel will be our defensive subs....

Enyeama

EFE OBONABONA EMERUO Echiejile

MIKEL

ONAZI MBA/JOEL OBI/HARUNA LUKMAN

MUSA MOSES
EMENIKE

4-3-3

Ideye should not be dropped...the only thing he has going for him is his work-rate...and is an ideal 75+' substitute.....

as far as i am concerned, Onazi and Mikel are untouchable in the mid-field...

It would not be a bad idea to have Yobo come in as a substitute to help us hold a lead in the world-cup. His experience would prove priceless in such situations.

It would absolutely be a waste calling Yobo back to the team. No doubt, he's an experienced player but over the years now Yobo has loosed form. He's very weak at the back. The coach shouldn't make the mistake of calling him back to the team. I remember vividly that he was formally Keshi's team mate. Keshi should remember that that guy ain't growing younger just like him.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by iamdsam: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2013
koastar:
Pls where is Joel Obi? SE needs that guy. He is a superb player that can use both legs comfortably and so, can play any of the wings. He has the skill to penetrate any defence and a superlative way of disturbing any defensive line and got accurate passes most of the time. Combining him with Victor Moses- Moses playing from the left while he plays from the right- will be a good combo that will fetch results through accurate passes to our strikers. Keshi should invite him, he is an asset we shouldn't miss.
I agree with you. Keshi should call him to the team.

1 Like

Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by iamdsam: 9:54am On Nov 21, 2013
abdulslutsky: Rythm or no rythm

#Musa Must Go!!!#

Like if u support this ..team MMG
Musa must go! He's a waste.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by iamdsam: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2013
ajasa4link: I wish we have a replacement for mikel in that midfield.... the lack of competition for his position makes him feeel comfortable and untouchable.... keshi needs to do a shopping for good Nigerian midfielders... I wish we can get a big man like yaya toure who will stamp his authority in the middle of the park,and move the ball very fast during counter-attacks
LAST BULLET: Victor Moses needs to stop playing like Robben and pass the ball to his team mates on time when on a counterattack
You're right. We need a reliable replacement for Mikel so that he can up his game.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by iamdsam: 10:56am On Nov 21, 2013
Dis Guy: still cant understand how Oduamadi makes the list, even if the guy drop something for Oga at the Top Surely there are many capable replacement
this dude plays for Serie B and for the B team even!

Everyday i ask why people are hating on Ahmed Musa, it's obvious if this guys name was something like Fola Emeka, he'll be on top of their list.
I challenge anyone to compare his club and national stats with others in the same position

Victor Moses on the Left wing and Ahmed Musa of the right wing with proper attacking midfielder will cause more problem
Musa has pace but with poor finishing. He got to change his style of play if he really wants to excel at the world cup because I see Keshi taking him there by all means and I don't know why. I don't hate Musa but we shouldn't accommodate an attacker that doesn't have good finishing in the world cup or we'll pay for it.
Re: 10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match by DisGuy: 11:23am On Nov 21, 2013
iamdsam: Musa has pace but with poor finishing. He got to change his style of play if he really wants to excel at the world cup because I see Keshi taking him there by all means and I don't know why. I don't hate Musa but we shouldn't accommodate an attacker that doesn't have good finishing in the world cup or we'll pay for it.

look at the stats up there

hes never been used upfront as a sole striker anyway;he's pretty much a winger/forward, he can be used the same way Theo Walcott, Aaron Lennon/Townsend is being used for club and country- after all thats why we have tall strong Forwards -Emenike,Shola,Ideye. if he can be coached to whip crosses in high and long

Watching Musa even at 90min you'd think he just came onto the pitch with his never ending attacking pace which will definitely annoyed some tired defenders looking to close out a game-perharps if mikel stops guarding the ball and release Musa or Moses either side of the wings we will see his real potential

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Live Pictures From Ballon D'or Award 2021 / Burial Poster Of Mary Ejide, Austin Ejide's Mother (Photos) / Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.