Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Aba In 2010 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba In 2010 (648 Views)

Facts About Aba In Abia State- Pictures / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aba In 2010 by badmussy(m): 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
Just looking through my archive and I came across my Friend's mail to his Line Manager at the peak of the Terror that Aba became infamous for. This mail was sent in September 2010.

Good afternoon sir,
The intent of writing this report is neither to cry wolf nor to create defence mechanisms for current negative trends in our sales; the report has become necessary in view of the fast-degenerating security situation in Aba and its environs which has dealt a big blow to staff morale and customers businesses. The tension in the town has reached a crescendo; It is thick and palpable - one could nearly touch it!
The spate of kidnapping and other criminal activities has taken a sudden upward surge leading to an unprecedented panic and confusion in the town. the story is too long to communicate via official mail, but kindly oblige me to highlight some of new threats to our business.
Chief NwaChukwu - our number one customer- gave us a shocker this morning when he announced his temporary relocation to his home town as a security measure. He has brought us an agent who will run the business while he will be away. This is clearly a setback as no one can run the business like Chief himself.
One of our biggest SD buyer - Orjiaku Enterprises - has vowed not to resume at his business post in Aba again after kidnap attempt on him and his family. The account is now on -89% ;we are helpless and the only thing we could do is to limit their purchases to cash to forestall indebtedness to the company.
E. O Igwemma is our Number six customer overall and number four in Health and Beauty. He has left Aba for an unknown destination to escape the radar of kidnapping gangs who are hell-bent on constantly milking him of millions of Naira. His business has suffered for it and plan is at advance stage to limit his purchase to cash as his agent now struggle to balance the account.
Edet Ekeng is our Health and Beauty strongman in Ariaria market. He has been served with " get ready letter" by kidnappers and they kidnapped his immediate neighbour to drum home their seriousness. He has left his permanent residence to an unknown location. His plan is to balance his account next week and gradually make arrangement to relocate to his hometown near Okigwe, Imo State.
Operation of our AD van assigned to cover Ogbor hill axis has been hindered by the dangerous terrain of the area. Two or three van salesmen of other companies had fallen victims of kidnapping in the area. Nestle van salesman was recently released.
The wind of crime blowing in the town does not exclude wholesalers and retailers especially inter-state border businessmen. Sales from neighbouring towns have simply dried up as the traders are constantly molested across Aba border - robbery, kidnapping and raping has been their lot. The story is endless- an wholesaler in Ariaria was just released today and two others who are even owing our Jobbers are still in the kidnappers net.

Glezeria Enterprises is expected to balance this week, but she would only balance her account and go without buying since several trucks carrying goods along Ikot Ekpene - Aba route have been seized with their owners in the past few weeks
I rest the story here while we hope and pray for a better days ahead. Meanwhile, Banks have shut down as I write this report as some of them were just serially robbed today.

Kind regards,
Charles,
ASM
Aba

http://stiq..com/2010/11/lamentation-of-distressed-sales-man-in.html

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Safer Than Most Developing Countries / Network Back In Maiduguri At last / FG To Ban Importation Of Rice, Food Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.