Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters (54815 Views)

VIDEO: Ese Oruru Resisting Policemen, In Kano -Premium Times / Soldiers Open Fire On Borno Governor’s Convoy In Error / Former ASUU President Festus Iyayi Was Murdered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by wirinet(m): 7:31am On Nov 20, 2013
The possibility of Festus Iyayi being shot before,during or after the accident is very slim. The former ASUU president was travelling with his colleagues,if he was actually shot,his co-travellers would have been witnesses instead of an anonymous source.
Having said that,it does not remove from the murder case.Why have the driver in the governor's convoy not been arrested and charged for murder? or at least manslaughter. what is the police waiting for? ASUU should insist on the prosecution of the reckless driver.
We are gradually slipping into a banana republic, a citizen was killed by a reckless driver and up to a week after the incident, the driver has not been arrested because he works for a state government.

2 Likes

Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by otokx(m): 7:34am On Nov 20, 2013
niggi4life: From the onset i told a colleague at work that this strike is more of political stunt to dent GEJ's administration, i pity the fate of nigerian students, last night while gisting with a senior lecturer of a fed uni he said "they get stipends every month for continuing this strike" naija students the future is in your hands, you people must fight for the discontinuation of this prolonged strike because it is taking another turn..God help us in this country, even after fighting to finish school you would be faced with unemployment after NYSC... Kaiiii Naija!!!

we have not received any stipend here in UNIPORT, kindly say the name of the university were stipend is paid.
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by KingGeorge1: 7:41am On Nov 20, 2013
saharareporters the BH media house has come again oh with another ill-arranged fallacy just to heat up the politic and disparage the whatever effort that have been made toward saving the future of our youths(Nigerian students).

1 Like

Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by toffie: 7:41am On Nov 20, 2013
Moral lesson of dis story is:::university students are so screwed

1 Like

Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by sgsltd(m): 7:43am On Nov 20, 2013
Do we have surviver then they should ask or else they should leave the issue ,eni to ti ku. Ti ku
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Dee60: 7:45am On Nov 20, 2013
The Presidency and the State Intelligence should get to work on this matter, otherwise the populace will believe the rumours. It is like the entire machinery of state is in coma and they only wake up when they need to attack Rotimi Amaechi and Sule Lamido!
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Sermwell(m): 7:47am On Nov 20, 2013
eluquenson:

Do you actually know what the meaning of the clause 'freedom of press mean?'- those of you who are rendering abuses on Sahara reporters.
SR is not like these shams called news media( both print and electronic) that we have in Nigeria. As a standard international news agency, they know the weight of what they are reporting. Beside for all you who claim that SR only report fake news can you quantify their error ratio by percentage of all the reports they've done so far.
We don't need to be a mere follower cos that's just the trend
with due respect, you are so daft in your thinking! Have you been sleeping to know that SR are known for malicious journalism? Freedom of the press doesn't entail reporting without verfying the facts!...BTW, do you think if the prof was shot ASUU wouldn't have taken any action so far? Or was he the only one travelling on that vehicle? Who will want the late prof dead and why? Cant you see that somebody somewhere is up to some mischief? Please stop being gullible and reason before commenting
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2013
eluquenson:

Do you actually know what the meaning of the clause 'freedom of press mean?'- those of you who are rendering abuses on Sahara reporters.
SR is not like these shams called news media( both print and electronic) that we have in Nigeria. As a standard international news agency, they know the weight of what they are reporting. Beside for all you who claim that SR only report fake news can you quantify their error ratio by percentage of all the reports they've done so far.
We don't need to be a mere follower cos that's just the trend
May God bless you. What SR does is investigative journalism. We now know those who kicked against the FoI.

1 Like

Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by linpok: 7:57am On Nov 20, 2013
#I think we all shldnt crucify d Sahara Reporters yet as things r unfoldin graduali,besides no News agency in naija was bold enof to open our eyes to d possibiliti of such tin occurin.

#D drive shld b behind bars by now if u ask me bt dis is naija so anitin goes.

#I undetsand d plight of ASUU buh I tink it is too much "now" as dey hav don mre harm dan gud to d average student whose parents can afford d private uni's.

#OPsmiley
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by smoothvee(m): 7:58am On Nov 20, 2013
[quote author=soe]If this is true, then ASUU strike may go on till April 2017 as TBJ predicted oo...so i heard...okay

u smoke Tbj wey i dey watch wey talk say make we ask God to call off ASUU say no b small matter again...una too dey hear sef
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by eluquenson(m): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2013
Sermwell: with due respect, you are so daft in your thinking! Have you been sleeping to know that SR are known for malicious journalism? Freedom of the press doesn't entail reporting without verfying the facts!...BTW, do you think if the prof was shot ASUU wouldn't have taken any action so far? Or was he the only one travelling on that vehicle? Who will want the late prof dead and why? Cant you see that somebody somewhere is up to some mischief? Please stop being gullible and reason before commenting

I have been involved in accident before, i mean fatal accident. you cannot recount what happened afterwards, you just only know the initial occurrence and you never can tell what happened during the incident, i see so many people criticize without any further source to counter the so called fake news, we only attribute it to tribalism & whatsoever.
Please, reason before you criticize & stop being half-witted, i don't work for SR, i only read their articles and other media articles online .
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by shevi4mb(m): 8:01am On Nov 20, 2013
Hahaha, i think this season film is getting really interesting.
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:01am On Nov 20, 2013
Sermwell: with due respect, you are so daft in your thinking! Have you been sleeping to know that SR are known for malicious journalism? Freedom of the press doesn't entail reporting without verfying the facts!...BTW, do you think if the prof was shot ASUU wouldn't have taken any action so far? Or was he the only one travelling on that vehicle? Who will want the late prof dead and why? Cant you see that somebody somewhere is up to some mischief? Please stop being gullible and reason before commenting
You're the one being gullible for asking "who would want the late prof (sic) dead and why." Is the example, of a former ASUU president who also "died" in a controversial accident like Iyayi, given not enough for you to reason? Attempts were made at the life of Dr. Dipo Fashina, also a former national president of ASUU in OAU, where he lectured by Sanni Abacha.
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by dbride: 8:16am On Nov 20, 2013

Inexperienced small boys on the thread......not holding brief for SR but the above is simply a small boy's analysis or reasoning. You have never seen anything yet, still growing and hopefully you'll mature one day to sing a new song that matured minds sing!!!! ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN in an accident scene!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by debbleopto: 8:20am On Nov 20, 2013
Doyensky: Weda na bullet or na caterpault.

All i knw is dt dos behind ASUU strike n wanting it prolonged, must fall n die, if dts wot wil make dem call-off d yeye strike dey embarked on.

you are a true black man who must kill to get a simple thing done. #lacking wisdom#
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by fabulousdame(f): 8:20am On Nov 20, 2013
Pukkah: But an autopsy will put paid to all these speculations.
exactly
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Rooneyboy(m): 8:20am On Nov 20, 2013
Na only baba God go save this sahara guys
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by abbeysteph: 8:26am On Nov 20, 2013
Dis country n conspiracy na waooooo.if d report happens 2 be truth then I will never read nigerian newspapers again 4 lack of investigative jounalism
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Amudeneogu: 8:27am On Nov 20, 2013
you people should not caurse comffusion in this country with sahara reporters let them live nigeria alone let them go to new york and find news
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by abbeysteph: 8:33am On Nov 20, 2013
I totally agree with some people in govt can be so desperate
dbride:

Inexperienced small boys on the thread......not holding brief for SR but the above is simply a small boy's analysis or reasoning. You have never seen anything yet, still growing and hopefully you'll mature one day to sing a new song that matured minds sing!!!! ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN in an accident scene!!!!!
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by bank2k4real(m): 8:35am On Nov 20, 2013
Singing..."if u ask meeee...na who I ask...d matter wey u see so ....e heavy for mouth"...continues dancing

Btw check my signature for the latest promo on NL
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by 2innocent(m): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2013
From wat i understand, ur problem actually is PDP relinquishing power. Y must we turn everytn to politics, abeg make dem go bury am joor. May his soul rest in peace
soe: The question is when did the gun shot occur? after the accident? or before the accident while both cars were on top speed? Or did it occur during the accident by event of stray bullet from an already corked gun in the convoy? Why did the Governor's visit to the hospital take place before the doctor's report was issued with the ambiguous "something" words. So many questions. Also, who is against the calling off of the strike? the Govt.? or the Opposition? Are there other issues involved that we do not see? So many things involved. Now that we have reasons to believe Sahara Reporters Information, just as T B Joshua's predictions, as these two have always gotten 70% of their words confirmed by time...I think we have many issues to worry about...But also, What has President GEJ said about this accident Governor causing accidents to others? what statements were issued? What has the Education Minister done/said? why so much quiet on serious issues? If PDP will not relinquish power, then I think Nigeria is in for a big one.
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 20, 2013
R.I.P iyayi, but seriously I hope the resolution of the national conference is that the notherners should have their own country amen.
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by 2innocent(m): 8:45am On Nov 20, 2013
OBOY GO N SIT DOWN JOOR, MUST U TURN EVERYTN TO POLITICS, SAHARA REPORTERS DAT ARE D KNOWN PROPAGANDA OF NORTHERN AGENDA, WT ZERO INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM. IF NIGERIA WAS IN ITS RIGHT FRAME DOES BEHIND DIS SAHARA BULLSHIT WOULD HAD BEEN BROUGHT TO BOOK FOR DISTORTION OF PUBLIC PEACE N BREEDING ANARCHY
dbride:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Drone Shots Of PDP Governorship Grand Finale Mega Rally In Osogbo (Photos) / Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) / Buhari Entering The Venue Of Defence College Graduation (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.