Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,104 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? (1071 Views)

Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre / Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? / How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk (2) (3) (4)

I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? by Herma: 4:36am On Nov 20, 2013
Hello, I am a resident of the United States and I am planning on touring the world in every continent. I have been doing research but there's only so much that can be done by reading articles and reviews, and I would like to get the opinion of people within the country I go on things I might be interested in.

For Africa, I plan on going to two countries. I have already chosen Seychelles as my first, and am strongly considering visiting Nigeria. Abuja seems like it would be a perfect destination, as it seems to have the best layout for cars. The national mosque looks gorgeous and I would love to see Zuma Rock.

I do have concerns though. I am white, if that means anything, and I have been told to take certain precautions. To the Nigerians here, what do you think?
Re: I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? by Herma: 4:47am On Nov 20, 2013
Bumping
Re: I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? by Afrocatalyst: 5:08am On Nov 20, 2013
Nigeria is cool.
Re: I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? by lymelyte(m): 5:12am On Nov 20, 2013
Yes,abuja is your best bet.I am very sure you will have a wonderful experience in abuja.And also,the city has a good road layout and network. smiley
Re: I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? by Nutase: 5:25am On Nov 20, 2013
Abuja is okay for a first time visitor but make sure you have a reliable guide. I wouldn't advice you to use a random taxi driver as a guide cos their numbers have been infiltrated. If you dont know anyone down here I'll advice you to do your research well before living your hotel room. Do not carry excess cash on you per time. If you are a regular traveller the same rule applies here.

Stay safe and enjoy naija.
Re: I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? by guiddoti: 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
Herma: Hello, I am a resident of the United States and I am planning on touring the world in every continent. I have been doing research but there's only so much that can be done by reading articles and reviews, and I would like to get the opinion of people within the country I go on things I might be interested in.

For Africa, I plan on going to two countries. I have already chosen Seychelles as my first, and am strongly considering visiting Nigeria. Abuja seems like it would be a perfect destination, as it seems to have the best layout for cars. The national mosque looks gorgeous and I would love to see Zuma Rock.

I do have concerns though. I am white, if that means anything, and I have been told to take certain precautions. To the Nigerians here, what do you think?
What really interest you about Nigeria? I'm asking because Nigeria has so many tourist centers across the states. In cross River state, Calabar,we have obudu ranch, is a very cool place you enjoy.
Re: I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? by deor03(m): 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abuja is a cool place. Quite modern , lots of places to hang out day and night.

Security is relatively very good and hotels are not bad. Abuja has a very large "foreigners" poulations , so you won't be out of place
Re: I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? by otokx(m): 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
Welcome to the land of the sound of a thousand generators.
Re: I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 21, 2013
Herma: Hello, I am a resident of the United States and I am planning on touring the world in every continent. I have been doing research but there's only so much that can be done by reading articles and reviews, and I would like to get the opinion of people within the country I go on things I might be interested in.

Safe joruney
Re: I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? by rhames(m): 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
How long do u intend to stay in Nigeria sir?
Re: I Am An American Who Wishes To Travel To Nigeria As A Tourist. Any Advice? by jredlom(m): 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2014
visit Ghana or South Africa instead

BREAKING NEWS: Malaysia Airline Flight MH17 From Amsterdam Crashed In Ukraine / Travel Agency Management / United Arab Emirates Impose New Travel Restrictions For Nigerian Nationals.