Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? (3341 Views)

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by nora544: 12:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
Goshen360: Where is christiscoming to answer many questions above? I haven't seen him answer any of the questions put to him. To add more questions, where in the bible are some laws called moral law, ceremonial, sacrificial etc ?.

She now post something about Pastors who where in heaven and got messages from Jesus about tithing but this is the same bullshit also this so called great man of God tell there followers in Nigeria.

Pasor Adeboye also got a messages from God that his followers have to pay tithe, why this always comes from this rich Pastors.
They only want to fill there pocket that is all what they want.

I have no problem to pay tithe when i know that this pastors make with my money but they all keep in silence what they are doing.

I never hear from one of this new churches that they show what they are doing with the money becaujse than every follower will see that this Pastors are thiefs.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
@christiscoming. Why didn't John the apostle mentioned in his revelation that non-tithers will burn in hell? If this tithe is very important. And if i am giving even more than 10% to the church, will i still go to hell because it is nt 10%? Must it be that fixed amount?
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
All those vision here and there. Na wa o
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ukuts gp: All those vision here and there. Na wa o

419/fake/yahoo yahoo vision thingz.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by garyarnold(m): 1:40am On Nov 26, 2013
Malachi 3:7 (KJV) “Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ORDINANCES, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?”

Colossians 2:14 (KJV) “Blotting out the handwriting of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;”

Therefore, tithing was nailed to the cross along with Jesus.

For those who wish to continue observing the Old Testament laws, please consider:

1 Timothy 1:8-10 (KJV)
8But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Galatians 5:18 (KJV) - But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 26, 2013
Money is earned and deserved. Where are the pastors when you are going through a tough time at work, when your business is about to crash?
Give to the less priviledge. Its plain insincerity to give 10% of your earnings to a full grown man with hands, legs and brain to work who is not suffering in a way (i believe this is due to fear of insecurity and sometimes an expectation of something in return), and not being able to give 11% and above to the disabled, poor and less priviledge.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:20am On Nov 27, 2013
And people will tell u that they went to hell and Jesus told them that if one dnt pay tithe one will go to hell
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by DrummaBoy(m): 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
garyarnold: Malachi 3:7 (KJV) “Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ORDINANCES, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?”

Colossians 2:14 (KJV) “Blotting out the handwriting of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;”

Therefore, tithing was nailed to the cross along with Jesus.

For those who wish to continue observing the Old Testament laws, please consider:

1 Timothy 1:8-10 (KJV)
8But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Galatians 5:18 (KJV) - But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

It is wonderful to see you back Mr Arnolds.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by DrummaBoy(m): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
Today, the visions of heaven that we hear of leave many Christians in doubt of what there eternal destiny shall be. Lately, we have heard of so many people with claims to after death experiences. Many of these people come back to tell us that heaven cannot be reached except by human effort. Their visions lack the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith; rather they tell us that we must pray enough, give enough, and work enough to enter heaven. So rather than a joyful expectation of the kingdom of God for laboring believers today, we instead have a fearful expectation of judgment (Hebrew 10:27). What is supposed to be the expectation of the wicked is being made the expectation of the righteous. I use this opportunity to comfort the heart of any Christian that has been shaken by these visions by saying that they are false visions from the world of Satan, and that the bible does not support a plethora of the claims these people come up with in those visions (Colosians 2:18; 2 Thessalonians 2:2). Rather, the bible makes it clear that everyone who has found faith in Jesus Christ can look forward to an eternal home in heaven; for God has not appointed us to wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 5:9). Genuine Christians should look forward to heaven without fear.

Culled from the article "HEAVEN" - http://yesufu..com/2013/11/heaven.html
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:27am On Nov 28, 2013
Ok. No problem
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:41am On Dec 01, 2013
Intimidating people with hell fire and false visions wont do the job
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:58am On Dec 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: This is not to open another tithe thread as many have already been opened on this forum but to ask a very vital question as it regard our eternal destination.

The question is: will one go to hell fire if one don't pay tithe?
This question goes particularly to the tithers in the house(forum).

Now, if i am a very committed and devoted christian, doing the work of God faithfully, going for soul winning and follow-up, when there is need for monetary contribution to meet one need in the church or the other, i contribute if i have money, i give willingly and cheerfully for the work of God, i also fear God and depart from evil but i don't pay tithe, will i go to hell for that?

I need your reasons why you think that if i don't pay tithe i will go to hell or the reasons why you think that i will still go to heaven despite the fact that i don't pay my tithe. The floor is open. Thanks.

so I asked you which church you attend in your other thread critizing the catholic church and you ran away and came over here. lmao
Since you said in your other thread that catholics and t.b Joshua followers will go to hell, I asked you which church do you attend so that we can follow your heavenly pastor. Alas, Immediately I asked that question, you abandoned the thread and ran away.
Why are you so ashamed of naming your church, rather hiding behind your keyboard and attacking others.
If you are scared of naming your church, how are you going to convert the hell bound team of catholics and t,b Joshua team nah?

cant stop laughing.

I dare you to mention your church
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by agentofchangeng: 12:20am On Nov 28, 2014
I must state unequivocally here that the Church has just one thing to do to save the country Nigeria from insecurity and hunger, that one thing is found in obeying one very important principle in the Bible and doing this will go a long way to change our lives as a people and help the Church to experience a newness of life. It is so sad news for a country that glories herself with the pride of being the giant of the black continent, blessed with lots and lots of mineral and human resources and yet have over 80 percent of her citizen wallow in abject poverty, where about 2 percent enjoy the common wealth meant for over 150 million people. Enough of the lamentation, I believe this is a general knowledge and we need not flog this issue but just to remind ourselves and of the need to take drastic action(just the will power) that is within our power to execute.

The solution lies with the CHURCH, the Church has a great role to play in bringing back the lost glory of this great nation Nigeria. The solution is in the readiness of Christians to simply obey the Scripture. There is one very key Scripture verse that holds the key to the liberation of our nation, it is a universal key (What is referred to “The Master Key”), which simply means it will work for any other nation that is ready to release her citizens from the shackles of poverty and also doing it right by obeying the scripture without any form of ambiguity. We must put forward a base Scripture which should help us interpret the very part that provides the solution to the problems of our country. Joshua 1:8 (This book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. NKJV). This very verse emphasizes on three major points needed for prosperity; Meditating the Word of God, Daily study(Day and Night) and Doing according to all that is written in the Word of God that will bring about prosperity and good success. There is Success and there is good success, the Church today might think it has a Success but it is not good enough until everyone enjoys that success and not only for a few who have clinched the wealth and try to put others at their own mercy. There is a popular saying that “if poor man dey vex, rich man no go rest”, the poor you allow go to bed hungry tonight will wake you up in the middle of the night to ask for “your life or your money”.

If only and only if we can obey the Scripture in Deut 14:22-29 about the principle of paying Tithe, then we will have a lot of change in the country not limited to any religion at all. Let me quickly spell this out; Tithe is 10 percent of your income and according to this scripture quoted in Deut., it is not money to be contributed in the offering(Tithe) basket, it is what your heart desires or if it is in terms of goods, what you bring in to the house of God to be enjoyed by the household of God. Starting with Deut 14 Verse 23, so that we do not leave people who still do live stock or some form of farming out of the equation; it says here that you should bring it and eat before the Lord. Verse 24 says, if the journey is too far that you cannot carry your Tithe(take note that this is not money), verse 25 goes to say that you should exchange it for money. What should the money be used for? To be given as offering in the Church? Verse 26 makes it clear that you spend the money on whatever your heart desires: for oxen or sheep, for wine or similar drink, for whatever your heart desires (for emphasis). While will the Bible emphasis this? When someone talks, and repeats a particular word, it tries to call your attention to it. Whatever your heart desires in today’s content could still be cow, bag(s) of rice, it could be clothing materials, for the big guys cars could be your heart desire, it could be buying the whole fast food outlet for all in the Church to share. Everybody bringing what their heart desires and sharing all of these items will definitely bring about a transformation. Verse 27 has made it so good that it says that you shall not forget the Levite(say pastor) in your midst as they do not have an inheritance with you (that they do not have properties like you have), that you should bless them as you wish. Though a topic for another day.
Many like to point to Malachi 3:8-10 (...Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be [b]food [/b]in My house...), but please do me a favour: take a good study of the Bible and see that storehouses only stores food and the likes and not money. Though my great concern and fear here is that many are not enjoying the blessings attached to paying of tithe simply because they do not do according to what is written, it definitely cannot be that the Word of God is false.

There is more that the verses of scripture quoted earlier in Deut. wants us to do, I will implore you to read carefully to observe to do according to what it says, and do not let anyone give you a reason why the Word of God should be substituted, misplaced or tweaked. I wish everyone will read even when you need to listen, so that you can crosscheck and see for yourself.

For every concept in the Bible, there is a purpose and I believe the major reasons for this concept is so that there might be food in the house of God for all and secondly, a lot of misappropriation could come up when money comes into the picture why the scripture does not want you to pay in cash.

If you will be part of the movement to move this (your) country forward as a part of the Church, the next Tithe you pay should be paid according to the Word of God and not what someone told me. I am sure many will be thinking about what my pastor will say or what will it look like, will you rather fear man and disobey the Word of God? Think about it. You can with this understanding ask your local pastor to explain what the true principle of paying Tithe is, I believe he would be handcuffed by doctrine of the Church and tell you this is what “our Church” says we should do, or you hear “do as the Spirit leads”. It makes me wonder that when it comes to; do not steal, do not commit adultery, tell lies and many like that, you will hear your spiritual head tell you straightaway that those are wrong but on the issue of tithe no clear cut answer. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

We will appreciate your commitment and support to help spread the Word and also see other medium to get the Church to hear the real truth and let us see if in 3 months, if about 70 percent of the Church gets to practice the truth if it will not turn around the fortune of the individual paying and also the Church benefiting, where we will now be building souls, many will want to come to the Church without being invited because they know that there is food in the house. This topic is quite elaborate but just trying to see how we shorten it and treat it in phases in the next episode.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Princewell2012(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
those who dont pay tithe in the old testament, are thieves and robbers but now those who collects tithes in the testament are...........
IF not paying of tithe is so serious that it can takes person to hell, why then Jesus did not emphasis on it? why did all the appostles of Jesus fails to coments on it? does it mean that apostle paul and other disciples of Jesus did not know understand the scriptures? where does all this new generation preachers gots this doctrine from? does it mean we knows better than Jesus and his disciples? if Jesus has truly paid my dept which dept do all this pastor wants me to pay again? if somebody gives me a scholarship till i finish my school, which other fees does all this teachers demanding from me again? why should our loving father gives us a condition or a percentage togiving? a true giving should be done freely from your heart but not compulserely

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Any Gnostic Christian On Nairaland? / Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up / How To Know If Your Pastor Is Fake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.