Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware (10678 Views)

FG Plans Processes For Affordable Housing In Nigeria / A / Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by 01mcfadden(m): 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
I was here!
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Boss13: 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
I own a property in Festac. What is Fashola going to do - evict me for Land use charge? Why is Fashola interested in Festac? He has been fighting since he became governor to possess Festac. FHA and Festac residents has publicly informed him that we do not want him.

What is his grudges? Festac has never complained to him to fix their roads or is he interested in the huge revenue he would make?

We provide for ourselves in Lagos. We build our houses, we constructed our bore-holes for water supply, we generate our power using our generators, we get our own jobs, we provide our own security either using OPC or other vigilante group, we even repair neglected roads because of our vehicles.

Can Fashola or the Federal Govt come outside and proudly tell the whole world what they have done for us. Rather they look for means to exploit people and steal. Yet people go around, shouting that Fashola is working.

Who can truthfully, without ethnic bias or partisan politics, claim that the combination of Tinubu and Fashola administrations have improved their own standard of living.

9 Likes

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
I thought this nauseating governor was supposedly a lawyer, SAN for that matter? Why is he talking rubbish when he should simply take the matter to the Supreme Court for interpretation and resolution?

Maybe he should invade the said FG owned and managed areas with his LASTMA and KAI hooligans to forcefully dislodge the FHA. Elitist, greedy, thieving monkey. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by IAMBREEZY: 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nawa o
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by darnley16(m): 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
How did this get to front page?
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by agitator: 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Make i manage second page angry angry angry
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Swegzfreak: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
Damager: OMG!!! Am i 1st 2 comment Dis is sooo sooo wonderful.. 1st i'd luv 2 thank God 4 d gift of lyf, special thanks 2 NEPA/PHCN/whateva dy are nw 4 d rare gift of lyt 2 charge my ba3, tnx 2 seun, special tnx 2 nairalanders who taught me hw 2 book space, tnx 2 d mods 4 movin dis topic 2 fp, tnx 2 evry1 who's contributd one way or d oda esp my frndz fashola, gudluck, sambo, david mark, tony anenih, obj, ibb 2 mentn but a few.. I luv u all!!

Nw leme read d post nd i'l comment lera...

Bad man u get pro... Conc 1 I mean
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Boss13: 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
pro01: I thought this nauseating governor was supposedly a lawyer, SAN for that matter? Why is he talking rubbish when he should simply take the matter to the Supreme Court for interpretation and resolution?

Maybe he should invade the said FG owned and managed areas with his LASTMA and KAI hooligans to forcefully dislodge the FHA. Elitist, greedy, thieving monkey. Nonsense.

Imagine, he even tried forcing his way into the estate. He started by trying to repair the roads, FHA told him to desist from such practice (please note the trying because he did not commence at all). Even the residents do not want him. The matter was taken to court and FHA won.

I just don't understand the governor. He should go and work and stop playing with media boys.

Fashola, Festac does not need you. Stop looking for land to seize for personal use. If you want land, go to FHA like other normal citizens and pay the naira value.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by david290(m): 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
Please how can i comment on someone's post?
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by LeStylo: 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Really wished we'd be back to the Nairaland of old where issues are intellectually dissected. This "first to comment" thing really kills it! angry

Fashola:
to keep the state traffic moving. This is the reason the agency exists. Arresting traffic offenders is secondary. If making an arrest will increase the traffic, let the offenders go. I say this not because I do not want law breakers to be apprehended and brought to justice.“But law breakers cannot undermine our main objective. The longer people stay in traffic, the more money are wasted is fuel burnt. This leads to increase in the price of goods in the state. But with a moving traffic, price of goods will be stable
he continues...
commended a citizen who got the video of the LASTMA officer caught negotiating bribe inside a citizen’s car, noting that the officer, who negotiated bribes, had been declared wanted.According to him, we must all nail and shame him. We must all use that kind of medium to fish out all the bad eggs in the society and bring them to justice. The officer is still on the run, but we have declared him wanted. I can assure you today that we will get him. As soon as we do, we will give him all his rights, and he will have his days in court
Now when a leader speaks like this, you cant help liking him and being a good follower. He's decisive, focused, understands how government is run and can effectively communicate his ideas.

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by naptu2: 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
1) 1004 is privately owned (the FG sold it a long time ago).

2) The Land Use Act currently gives the FG the right to own FESTAC (FESTAC was built in 76/77, while the Land Use Act was enacted in 1978). That's the law as it stands today. The Governor's contention is that it is at variance with the Constitution (although the act is incorporated in the Constitution). Now that's an opinion. The only organ that can adjudicate such matters is the Supreme Court.

You can get a clear indication of the position of things at the moment from the Governor's statement. He appealed to the National Assembly to amend the act (which will require a constitutional amendment). He did not threaten to go to court (I doubt that such an action will succeed in court).

I think that the Governor's statement is a reaction to increasing pressure from residents of Festac and other Lagosians. The roads in Festac are in bad shape, the sewage system has almost collapsed, etc and people blame the Amuwo Odofin Local Government, the Lagos State Government and the Federal Government, even though the place is managed by FHA, which collects taxes and levies from residents.

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Boss13: 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
@naptu2 you are right in some areas and wrong in others.

The matter went to court. FHA, together with Festac Resident Association took the LASG to court.

Yes the roads in Festac are in terrible conditions but the Local Government Council (Amuwo Odofin) is really trying to do its best even with limited resources.

Fashola gladly informed us that he would not repair the roads in Festac because it is a Federal Govt property. Really, we weren't federal govt children when he came to campaign.

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by crisycent: 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
Damager: OMG!!! Am i 1st 2 comment Dis is sooo sooo wonderful.. 1st i'd luv 2 thank God 4 d gift of lyf, special thanks 2 NEPA/PHCN/whateva dy are nw 4 d rare gift of lyt 2 charge my ba3, tnx 2 seun, special tnx 2 nairalanders who taught me hw 2 book space, tnx 2 d mods 4 movin dis topic 2 fp, tnx 2 evry1 who's contributd one way or d oda esp my frndz fashola, gudluck, sambo, david mark, tony anenih, obj, ibb 2 mentn but a few.. I luv u all!!

Nw leme read d post nd i'l comment lera...

U don kolo.
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by otuagwo: 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
Jst passing
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by mbz101(m): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
It's heard and well spoken Mr Govt Fash,but I would like to know if the states govt have this power over the FG as we are all aware of govt accusation lands .
At this point in time I know due to wrong governance in nigeria ,now where people wake up an plan organized crime .i know one thing for sure govt ought to owns all lands in the country where so called omonile has taken over most of the land . If I need to site an example the NYSC proposed site in igando town meant for the serving graduates taking over by your govt fashola will still not bring future problems on those who buy the properties ?. We may not have the power to act now but something will be done later ,this FG project you guys destroy which you could redevelop rather claim and share among yourselves which belong to FG and Nigerian .
For the young guys that skate on the high way , the so called police should have corrected this for long time ago but keep monitoring Money and bribe across the state . All I know in this country if the govt can't organize it we will stand up one day and fight for ourselves.
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by VirginFinder: 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2013
maclatunji: Legal fireworks will ensue if Lagos State decides to pursue its perceived rights on the matter. Moreover, it will become a very hot political potato.

I think Lagos State will cut its losses and not go to "war" over this.

You are a coward, sir. smiley
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by smartg(m): 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
Mhhhh! ACN wayo!, fasho wayo!. now that the election is fast approaching you suddenly discovered that your area-boys(lasma) are doing illegal job after 7yrs, you now talk like an innocent Governor who truly care for d people. oga fasho i dey hail oh. Deceive lagosians again, use their head chop pepper soup, win the election and employe more touts to seize their vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by lastpage: 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
Fashola: said road traffic management “is not the responsibility of the local councils. I believe it is a gang of miscreants. I do not think they represent any local government or local development authority

Le Stylo: Really wished we'd be back to the Nairaland of old where issues are intellectually dissected. This "first to comment" thing really kills it! angry

Fashola:

he continues...

Now when a leader speaks like this, you cant help liking him and being a good follower. He's decisive, focused, understands how government is run and can effectively communicate his ideas.

I also think the Governor needs to be VERY EXPLICIT AND SPECIFIC on this Local Council Officials issue, when they turn themselves to Police and Traffic managers cum arresting officers for traffic offense.

These are people who use cloth to cover one way sign so that Drivers can be trapped! ... just so they can extort money from the driver!
Fashola has to come out more strongly against such Touts and Miscreants as he tagged them or even make explicit laws on this nonsense.
I don tire for Area-Boys that are high on drugs, jumping in front of a moving vehicle!
shocked shocked

Lastpage!
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by drnoel: 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
maclatunji: Legal fireworks will ensue if Lagos State decides to pursue its perceived rights on the matter. Moreover, it will become a very hot political potato.

I think Lagos State will cut its losses and not go to "war" over this.
not really, the nationl assembly need to just look at it and prohibit or expand it in the law. then its left for the judiciary to explain it.
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by disloman(m): 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
pro01: I thought this nauseating governor was supposedly a lawyer, SAN for that matter? Why is he talking rubbish when he should simply take the matter to the Supreme Court for interpretation and resolution?

Tell mi who is better than him frm ur family,clan,village or state.Mo.ron
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by adconline(m): 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
No likely going to happen. Implications of Fashola's demands are that FG's institutions like MMA, Unilag, FAA, NNPC, PPMA, FHA would become LASG properties
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by bolayei: 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
Festac town another pride of lagos in those days, damn lagos used to have beautiful places.
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Gajagojo: 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
Hmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome To Queen's Garden Estate Kuje Abuja / Become A Landlord At Imota Ikorodu With Just 900k / Land Taxes That Could Bankrupt You If Your Not Aware Of Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.