Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware (16387 Views)

Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers / Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware / How Do We Get Rid Of Dubious Agents On Nairaland? Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by lawyer(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2012
For a long time now, a lot of fraudulent agents have been on Nairaland posting properties that have no head or tail and violating the rules of the property section. You see some of them posting over 20 Properties for sale on the home page and they either have no direct link to the properties or are just making the property section very unbearable to read and enjoy. So I now want to be exposing them and banning them and advising you to avoid them at all costs because they are confirmed Scammers.

So when ever you see a property for sale by an Agent on Nairaland, please endeavor to click on the Agent's profile to see if the Agent has been banned. A banned agent is a clear cut sign that the person has evidence of bad character and not following the rules no matter how simple they seem and if they can't follow a simple rule here, how would you now trust such a person with your hard earned money.

For example people like Osazeyankee, faithfulness, 4evaGod etc are serial spammers and they is no way I can vouch for these people for you to do business with them because they don't follow simple rules and they continue to open new Nairaland I.ds to market fictions properties. So please be advised to ALWAYS check an Agent's Profile by clicking on their name. The moment you see the agent has been banned especially for spamming for more than 3months please have absolutely nothing to do with that person or agent. The Moderators on Nairaland have now taken a tough stand to weed out fraudsters, spammers, trolls and thieves that intend to make life unbearable for viewers of the property section and please don't hesitate to assist us in pointing out those that we have missed.

Continue to type their names here when ever you see an agent has over populated the Nairaland property section with more than 3 posts per day instead of using the bulk property forum. A person that does not follow the rules behind a computer will never follow the rules in real life to safeguard your money. Its just simple logic!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by nikkyshyne(f): 11:24am On Aug 15, 2012
I have called and met with osazeyankee twice from this forum. He isn't fraudulent. I only observed he works with a long chain of agents. That is it basically.

Although I didn't get to see the properties he directly advertised but I inspected others through him. undecided

1 Like

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by Tiphareth(m): 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
I am highly concerned with the issue raised here. I think the best thing to do is for people to say how satisfied or dissatisfied they were in a transaction they consummated with a seller. These can now be seen on their profile, much like eBay style. A little written review by a customer is enough. This will now be accessed by any one before doing business.

Morris

1 Like

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by gabbytabby: 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
Nairaland lawyer, I am looking for a property lawyer and I have called your number its always busy call back. Any recommendations please. 07051417660
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by bomega4u(m): 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2012
Tiphareth: I am highly concerned with the issue raised here. I think the best thing to do is for people to say how satisfied or dissatisfied they were in a transaction they consummated with a seller. These can now be seen on their profile, much like eBay style. A little written review by a customer is enough. This will now be accessed by any one before doing business.

Morris

Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by coolguyz(m): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2012
Very interesting topic. Truth is someone opened a thread about some fraudulent agents and there were several comments most about negative experiences with this so called property agents.

i have dealt with a few and i can tell you they are basic time wasters, have no clue about the property they advertise, some have not even been to the property before and you discover the long chain of agents you are introduced to before you meet a direct contact. i call them "man must wack" jobbers. lack professionalism and could irritate the living daylight out of you.

a much as we vilify them, few have distinguished themselves and i second the poster that suggest we talk about those that have assisted in concluding transactions. by this, let me commend bomega4u on the successful transaction we had. we concluded a deal as regards the purchase of a house and was smooth. . . . we surely would tie a few more and can recommend him to anyone beating my chest.
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by daygee1(m): 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
Well as a read property person at the initial when i saw this thread it got me wondering. but that is not to take another look. so i realize sine this a response to curb incessant misreadings.what i will like to say is that all information displayed is meant to be a pointer.Not necessarily false except : proved.Why i said so is because real property market is not just commodity market. smiley
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by pato405(m): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
can we have a comprehensive list of the credible ones pls.

2 Likes

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 02, 2012
pato405: can we have a comprehensive list of the credible ones pls.
good point

1 Like

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2012
bomega4u:

Seconded.

correct even that is available on freelancer.com
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by tadeola1: 6:37am On Sep 15, 2012
That osazeyankee is a fraudster.He will. Post properties inviting properties from Ogba to ogudu all the way to the island.he keep using different I.d to post fictions properties and write call osaze.After my encounter with he I found out he is a clueless child that know nutting about property business.the advertised property is never available the he wil make u drive round Lagos without success.Lawyer thanks for you eagle eye

3 Likes

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by coolguyz(m): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2012
t.adeola:
That osazeyankee is a fraudster.He will. Post properties inviting properties from Ogba to ogudu all the way to the island.he keep using different I.d to post fictions properties and write call osaze.After my encounter with he I found out he is a clueless child that know nutting about property business.the advertised property is never available the he wil make u drive round Lagos without success.Lawyer thanks for you eagle eye

sorry for the disappointment. i guess we should welcome more poor customer service reports on these time-wasters called agents. This may make them sit up when they know their unprofessional conducts may get them blacklisted in the books of potential customers that visit NL

4 Likes

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by bigoba: 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
My experience with :
Dayo

R & D Continental Services Ltd
has been nothing but time waster and trying to be important or thinking by people calling him make him important.
that the mentality of most agents on Nauraland

1 Like

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by meyerlansky: 12:09am On Oct 03, 2012
And also the guy chuksmail is a fraudster , a yahoo yahoo guy of the highest order, a scammer. Stay clear from his posts

1 Like

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by Cyberknight: 8:01am On Oct 07, 2012
Tiphareth: I am highly concerned with the issue raised here. I think the best thing to do is for people to say how satisfied or dissatisfied they were in a transaction they consummated with a seller. These can now be seen on their profile, much like eBay style. A little written review by a customer is enough. This will now be accessed by any one before doing business.

Morris

I agree. A reviews section for each property poster will be best. And in addition, why not get them tor egister specifically with the site as property agents, verified, again something similar to what ebay and other sites do, so that people can have a bit of confidence when dealing with them. This does not in anyway detract from the basic principle of buyer beware, because unlike ebay or Amazon or similar sites where the online platform takes your money and acts as an intermediary between you and the seller, this cannot be possible on a site like NL.

1 Like

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by RKVINTLTD: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2012
I appreciate those who contributed to this forum.

The ebay idea is a welcome idea as suggested by participants.

Clients & Agents alike must confirm the following before any transaction;
>The real Name and Address of whom they want to do business with;
>The Certificate of registration of Business Name or Incorporation of the Agent;
>The Lagos State Tax clearance of such Agent.

For if a Transaction lead to a Court case, the filing at court will require detail of The Name of the Agent, Address, Agreement / MOU (memorandum of understading)before such case can be tenable in court.

We should take time to do the necessary home work to avoid rushing into problem.

Also let all Agent on Nairaland bear their respective Company Name Initials to show their real self. It will help to identify ourselves and it brings confidence as to who we are dealing with.

An Agent can not do it all alone without networking other agents in other axis, hence we need to be familiar with who is who on the net / Area covered.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by bomega4u(m): 6:22am On Oct 09, 2012
RKVINTLTD: I appreciate those who contributed to this forum.

The ebay idea is a welcome idea as suggested by participants.

Clients & Agents alike must confirm the following before any transaction;
>The real Name and Address of whom they want to do business with;
>The Certificate of registration of Business Name or Incorporation of the Agent;
>The Lagos State Tax clearance of such Agent.

For if a Transaction lead to a Court case, the filing at court will require detail of The Name of the Agent, Address, Agreement / MOU (memorandum of understading)before such case can be tenable in court.

We should take time to do the necessary home work to avoid rushing into problem.

Also let all Agent on Nairaland bear their respective Company Name Initials to show their real self. It will help to identify ourselves and it brings confidence as to who we are dealing with.

An Agent can not do it all alone without networking other agents in other axis, hence we need to be familiar with who is who on the net / Area covered.

Thanks.

I agree with some of your suggestions especially the one on background checks of agents by clients, more importantly in sales transactions where lots of money is involved.

1 Like

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by RKVINTLTD: 9:34pm On Oct 10, 2012
Thanks.

You are welcome.
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by Sagewood: 5:28am On Oct 12, 2012
Any nairalander purchased a plot of land @ Oakwood Park Estate close to RCCG camp?
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
Sagewood: Any nairalander purchased a plot of land @ Oakwood Park Estate close to RCCG camp?
surely many nairalanders bought from oakwood park, why are you asking, I'm also marketing oakwood park if you are interested let me know. +2348088574969, +2348067586332, +2348182481552 or email lifelightproperties@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by aglomar: 11:45am On Nov 19, 2012
Great info, thanks.
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by phecs: 6:15am On Nov 20, 2012
Simple then post d list of credible ones cos thy are too much of post here @ property session and it is rilli scaring me away.or do I nid d spirit of desantment befr I do buy a land here!
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by X2X(m): 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
Sagewood: Any nairalander purchased a plot of land @ Oakwood Park Estate close to RCCG camp?

Caveat Emptor. I did not have a good experience with the promoters of this estate on another of their estate.
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by cheapabode: 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
Find your dream property at www.cheapabode.com cool cool
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by aglomar: 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2012
Conmen on d prowl. Thanks lawyer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buying Or Moulding Blocks / 11 Questions To Ask When Renting A Property / Does Landlord Have Right To Break And Enter Tenant's Flat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.