Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,798 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Leggings,is it right for a chhristain lady to wear it - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leggings,is it right for a chhristain lady to wear it (1273 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / Ibadan Church Bans Leggings, Mini Skirts, Open Bosom & Topless Outfits (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leggings,is it right for a chhristain lady to wear it by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 20, 2013
Here are arguments in support and Against them....

Here this out
St. Josemaria Escriva
Leggings make it look like you aren’t wearing anything to a guy. This is the most fundamental reason you should not wear leggings as pants. Men are visual creatures, you see. They are as attuned to their eyes and images as women are to emotions and feelings. When they see an image, their brains are simply wired to react to them, most of the time in a lustful or harmful way if the image is provocative. I don’t have time in this post to go into the details about this topic, but there is plenty of research out there available if you’re looking for it. So to a guy, when you wear leggings, you might as well be wearing nothing at all. Yes, I know that the fabric technically covers all of your skin, but that is no excuse. You certainly can’t wear sensible underwear with them, which is certainly attractive and therefore bad. And really? There is nothing left to the imagination. Your legs and rear might be colored black instead of your skin color, but every nook and cranny of them is as visible to a guy as if you were naked. He can see your curves, and that is provocative stimuli for a man. If you wear leggings, you are (intentionally or not) leading men to lust after you. If you’re doing that on purpose, shame on you! Getting a guy to lust after you is not something you should aspire to. If you want a good husband when you’re older, or wouldn’t want a girl to do that to your brother/cousin/guy friend/boyfriend, then don’t do it to them. If you’re not doing it on purpose, be more conscious from now on, and please, choose pants next time.

Answerer

My pet peeve is people who say 'if you were really a Christian, you would...". Christians believe in Christ and accept His grace, period. There is behavior unbecoming a Christian, but there is no "unchristian behavior".
That being said, wow, my daughter and I argue this all the time. She wears leggings and sweatshirts! To me, that just isn't modest and I don't like it. But I just have to trust her judgment on it. She is a great Christian girl, engaged in lots of youth activities and a great moral kid.
PS: My daughter even wears that to church activities. I suggested maybe it wasn't "church appropriate wear" and she - correctly - pointed out that people shouldn't dress one way at church and another (less modest) way at school...you should be who you are both at church and school

I asked one non christian woman why she wears stuff like that and she told me “Its my body and if I have it I will show it off!” That is a very anti-Jesus attitude. What surprised me was her boy friend had no problem with her doing that and he told me he thinks its cool because it shows other guys what she has and makes them jealous. This is the fruit of throwing the Word of God out of society.
ByMushet

it may not be AA (Asbury Appropriate) to wear leggings, and for that reason, maybe you should save them for the summer. Men, if you can’t control yourself around a woman because of the way she is dressed, learn some self control because, believe me, even if leggings are forever banned from Asbury, they will be out there taunting you—along with a million other scandalous fashion statements—in the “real world.” And ladies, no matter what you wear, it is not your responsibility to keep a man’s lust subdued. Wear what expresses who you are and above all, be smart. Beauty is first and foremost self-respect, and secondly confidence.
By Rachel Taber

[size=16] As a christain what is your own view[/size]

Re: Leggings,is it right for a chhristain lady to wear it by ammyluv2002(f): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2013
I think is very wrong for a good Christian to wear leggings especially on a hanging top..personally, I don't like it. Leggings are meant to wear on a long top if u must wear o. The bible made it clear on such things, don't wear anything that will expose your body
Re: Leggings,is it right for a chhristain lady to wear it by demelza: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2013
All these restrictions in Christianity are just tiring. What can one do that wont be counted as a sin? Is God really desirous that we all should be saved because the restrictions are just too much! Or is this a covert way of telling us that we should return to the nakéd days because it seems everything we have is put under such microscopic scrutiny?
I am just confused.
Re: Leggings,is it right for a chhristain lady to wear it by ammyluv2002(f): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2013
demelza: All these restrictions in Christianity are just tiring. What can one do that wont be counted as a sin? Is God really desirous that we all should be saved because the restrictions are just too much! Or is this a covert way of telling us that we should return to the nakéd days because it seems everything we have is put under such microscopic scrutiny?
I am just confused.
My dear, the way to heaven is narrow and the way to hell is wide, no restrictions but if u wanna make it to heaven? You must be restricted so it all depends on you but I advice you choose wisely. We don't really need such clothes to prove we are beautiful or se*y. You can dress decent and still look perfect and tantalising grin I'm not saying leggings is odd but as a Christian how does it make you feel? Remember, a lot of people are watching your style just because you are a Christian. Leggings are reliving! Don't be confused ok? Just ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in whatever you do.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Participation/Involvement In Politics: Right Or Wrong? / Portrait Of Pope Benedict Xvi Made Of Condoms Sparks Debates (photo) / 7 Year 0ld Girl Reveals That Adeboye,tb Joshua, Oyedepo,oritsejafor, Olukoya And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.