Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,803 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him (7826 Views)

My Mum Angry/disown Me Over My Wife / Angry Muslim Mob Nearly Kill Kim Kardashian In Bahrain / Islamic Scholars Angry As Wahhabi Preacher Say Prophet (sa) Was Alcohol Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by good4all: 10:53am On Nov 20, 2013
Ruling regarding the one who becomes
angry when an affliction befalls him

Question:
What is the ruling regarding the one who
becomes angry when an affliction befalls
him?

Answer:
People are upon 4 levels regarding the
circumstances of affliction:
The First Level: Being angry, and this is in
various ways:

The first type: That the anger is by the heart as
if he is angry at his Lord. So he becomes angry
with what Allaah has decreed for him, and this
(level) is haraam. And it is possible that this
could lead to kufr (disbelief). Allaah said: “ And
among mankind is he who worships Allaah
as it were, upon the very edge (i.e. in
doubt); if good befalls him, he is content
therewith; but if a trial befalls him, he
turns back on his face (i.e. reverts back to
disbelief after embracing Islaam). He loses
both this world and the Hereafter.” - Al-Hajj
(22):11

The second type: That the anger is by the
tongue like making duaa for destruction or
ruin and what is similar to that, and this is
haraam.

The third type: That the anger is by the limbs
like slapping the cheeks, ripping the clothes,
pulling out hair, and similar to that, and all of
this is haraam in contradiction to patience
which is waajib (obligatory).

The Second Level: Being patient, just as the
poet said:
“Patience is like its name - bitter in taste, yet
its outcomes are sweeter than honey.”
So the person sees this thing (the affliction)
weighs very heavy upon him, yet he bears it
although he dislikes that it happened. Rather,
his eemaan bears it and restrains him from
being angry. So the time of affliction and the
time of no affliction is not the same to him,
and this (level) is waajib, because Allaah
commanded the people to be patient, saying:
“…and be patient. Surely, Allaah is with
those who are As-Saabireen (the patient
ones, etc.) .” - Al-Anfaal (cool:46
The Third Level: Being pleased with the
affliction in that the person is pleased with the
affliction and whether it happened or not, it is
the same to him so he it is not difficult upon
him. He does not bear it as if it is something
weighing heavy on him, and this (level) is
mustahabb (preferred - between haraam and
waajib) and it is not waajib according to the
most correct opinion. The difference between
this level and the one before it is apparent
because the affliction happening or not
happening is the same due to the pleasure of
the one on this level. As for the level before it,
the affliction is hard upon him, yet he remains
patient over it.
The Fourth Level: Thanking/being grateful and
this is the highest level. This is that the person
thanks Allaah for the affliction which has
struck him in that he knows that this affliction
is an expiation for his sins and perhaps a cause
for an increase in his good deeds. The Prophet
( ﻰﻠﺻ ﻪﻠﻟﺍ ﻪﻴﻠﻋ ﻢﻠﺳﻭ ) said:
“There is no affliction which strikes the Muslim
except that Allaah expiates with it (sins), even
with a thorn that may poke him.” (Recorded by
Bukhaari and Muslim)
Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-
`Uthaymeen
Fataawa Arkaan al-Islaam - Fatwaa 64, page

15 Likes

Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by maclatunji: 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
^A very good one.

1 Like

Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by Adesam09(m): 10:08am On Nov 22, 2013
Ok
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by dryakson(m): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2013
Masha Allah.
JUMM@ KAREEM
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by Fkforyou(m): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2013
Nice...
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by Lilimax(f): 10:13am On Nov 22, 2013
good4all: The Prophet
( ﻰﻠﺻ ﻪﻠﻟﺍ ﻪﻴﻠﻋ ﻢﻠﺳﻭ ) said:
“There is no affliction which strikes the Muslim
except that Allaah expiates with it (sins), even
with a thorn that may poke him.” (Recorded by
Bukhaari and Muslim)
So similar to this Bible verse:
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful,
who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able;
but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that
ye may be able to bear it.(1 Corinthians 10:13 )

Nice write up.

8 Likes

Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by DJDOLA(m): 10:14am On Nov 22, 2013
ISLAM peace
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by romzyxy(m): 10:15am On Nov 22, 2013
I'm feeling hunger-anger rit naw
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by FoxyFlow(m): 10:16am On Nov 22, 2013
I wanted to skip writing something today but I just couldn't, not with the way my mind is right now. Don't get it wrong, I am not in a mind battle. No way. I am just in a mind battle concerning what other people think and how they behave when they encounter problems. I have seen most of them and right now, this words are for them.

I have done things in my life, though I am not old, I can say I have seen things. Things that would make your blood stick together and stop its journey to your heart. Yeah, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. In fact, I should be named Clint Eastwood.

I have also had friends. True friends, fake ones and friends who are just there. Friendship is a wonderful experience because it gives you something to look forward to daily and something to think about in the night when going to bed. Well, I have had them all but I am not talking about my friends here. I am talking about their stance and hearts.

We all encounter problems in this life, we all have many questions we would like to ask. We all want one thing or another which is not forthcoming. Some of us still cling to that thing called "hope" while others feel it is baseless living.

What do you live for when nothing seems to be working for you? Why do you go ahead and try new things when you know you will end up failing? Why do you do evil and expect good things to follow you? Why would you disobey your parents and at the end seek their blessings? Why would you ever blame God?

Why should we blame God? I still can't fix my mind on that aspect. Why would I wanna blame God? He gave me a life, allowed me to live it as I please and when I end up destroying myself, I turn round and start blaming God? The very nature of human. Seeking for who to put the blame on. If you put that blame on your mother, father, brother or friend, the person will be there to answer you or point out your error. So why don't you just put it on God?

Put your trust on him for he cares for you. Does blaming God sounds like putting your trust on him? NOPE!!! Now people take the extra-ordinary step of saying God doesn't exist and then put the whole happening in this world on some cosmic forces. Now I laugh at this part. Why would I say God doesn't exist, that some energies exploded and earth took form?

Why would I want to study ancient texts that points out that humans originated from apes? If really we did originate from monkeys per say and the monkeys are our closest cousins, why aren't we strong? A chimpanzee has the strength of 10 men combined. Haaaaaa... We evolved from them for crying out loud. We are supposed to be SUPER-APES. That's just the truth but here we are, saying God doesn't exist.

Because you can't feel, smell or push something doesn't mean that that thing doesn't exist. If you can believe that voodoo (black fetish juju) can harm you, why can't you believe that some super power can save you?

Who is deceiving who? You or the thoughts you have that runs through your mind? Why do you keep saying "O God!!" when ever you encounter something. And why do you always have the desire to pray when the going gets tough?

Humans are really the architects of their wahalas so they should start learning to take blames for things that befalls them. There is a reason behind every action you know....

Thanks....

Attai...

8 Likes

Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by EejaNla01(m): 10:17am On Nov 22, 2013
Hmmm,I pray Allah avert evil from us and give us strenght to bear any affliction.(ameen).Even the prophet(saw)gan shivered when affliction befalls,

Eleran ara ko easy mehn!

2 Likes

Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by DJDOLA(m): 10:17am On Nov 22, 2013
Lilimax: So similar to this Bible verse:
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful,
who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able;
but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that
ye may be able to bear it.(1 Corinthians 10:13 )

Nice write up.
hey lilimax how are u?
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by priscaoge(f): 10:33am On Nov 22, 2013
Kudos!!! Nice on @Op
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by cedrix(m): 10:34am On Nov 22, 2013
Pls how can I post a topic on nl
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by chidaddy1198(m): 10:45am On Nov 22, 2013
Nice write up...I
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by jumzzy448: 10:46am On Nov 22, 2013
Eeja Nla01: Hmmm,I pray Allah avert evil from us and give us strenght to bear any affliction.(ameen).Even the prophet(saw)gan shivered when affliction befalls,

Eleran ara ko easy mehn!

Amin oo.
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by OCTAVO: 10:48am On Nov 22, 2013
smiley
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by chidaddy1198(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2013
I am a case study of this write up... But I have learn to take my disappointment in good faith because God knows about my disappointments and appointments. I leave u with this Disappointment is another way of ushering God blessing in our life
Foxy_Flow: I wanted to skip writing something today but I just couldn't, not with the way my mind is right now. Don't get it wrong, I am not in a mind battle. No way. I am just in a mind battle concerning what other people think and how they behave when they encounter problems. I have seen most of them and right now, this words are for them.

I have done things in my life, though I am not old, I can say I have seen things. Things that would make your blood stick together and stop its journey to your heart. Yeah, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. In fact, I should be named Clint Eastwood.

I have also had friends. True friends, fake ones and friends who are just there. Friendship is a wonderful experience because it gives you something to look forward to daily and something to think about in the night when going to bed. Well, I have had them all but I am not talking about my friends here. I am talking about their stance and hearts.

We all encounter problems in this life, we all have many questions we would like to ask. We all want one thing or another which is not forthcoming. Some of us still cling to that thing called "hope" while others feel it is baseless living.

What do you live for when nothing seems to be working for you? Why do you go ahead and try new things when you know you will end up failing? Why do you do evil and expect good things to follow you? Why would you disobey your parents and at the end seek their blessings? Why would you ever blame God?

Why should we blame God? I still can't fix my mind on that aspect. Why would I wanna blame God? He gave me a life, allowed me to live it as I please and when I end up destroying myself, I turn round and start blaming God? The very nature of human. Seeking for who to put the blame on. If you put that blame on your mother, father, brother or friend, the person will be there to answer you or point out your error. So why don't you just put it on God?

Put your trust on him for he cares for you. Does blaming God sounds like putting your trust on him? NOPE!!! Now people take the extra-ordinary step of saying God doesn't exist and then put the whole happening in this world on some cosmic forces. Now I laugh at this part. Why would I say God doesn't exist, that some energies exploded and earth took form?

Why would I want to study ancient texts that points out that humans originated from apes? If really we did originate from monkeys per say and the monkeys are our closest cousins, why aren't we strong? A chimpanzee has the strength of 10 men combined. Haaaaaa... We evolved from them for crying out loud. We are supposed to be SUPER-APES. That's just the truth but here we are, saying God doesn't exist.

Because you can't feel, smell or push something doesn't mean that that thing doesn't exist. If you can believe that voodoo (black fetish juju) can harm you, why can't you believe that some super power can save you?

Who is deceiving who? You or the thoughts you have that runs through your mind? Why do you keep saying "O God!!" when ever you encounter something. And why do you always have the desire to pray when the going gets tough?

Humans are really the architects of their wahalas so they should start learning to take blames for things that befalls them. There is a reason behind every action you know....

Thanks....

Attai...

Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by walesy4real(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2013
Nice write up Ops!....May Allah give us the desire patience to bear them when then come....

Ya Ayuh! ya qoyyom! Biramotika Aastagive!!

1 Like

Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by farmer99: 11:17am On Nov 22, 2013
If u rely in God 4 everything in life click like.

5 Likes

Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by farmer99: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2013
O men! serve your Lord Who created you and those before you so that you may guard (against evil).
22Who made the earth a resting place for you and the heaven a canopy and (Who) sends down rain from the cloud then brings forth with it subsistence for you of the fruits; therefore do not set up rivals to Allah while you know
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by segunjowo(m): 11:40am On Nov 22, 2013
This is serious.
Thanks @op
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by pmc01(m): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2013
Ma shaa Allaah. I really love this. Thanks for sharing. Jazakallaahukhairan.
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by Caseless: 11:55am On Nov 22, 2013
good4all: The second type: That the anger is by the
tongue like making duaa for destruction or
ruin and what is similar to that, and this is
haraam.

and somebody said islam is not a religion of peace; even as it kick against destruction in any form.

thank u, brother!

1 Like

Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by Jayses(m): 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
farmer99: If u rely in God 4 everything in life click like.
na by force ?
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by juman(m): 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
"And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient. Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah , and indeed to Him we will return." Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the [rightly] guided."

[Quran, Al-Baqarah 2:155-157]
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by Rilwayne001: 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
Jazakumullah Kairan
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by farmer99: 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
Jayses: na by force ?
on be by force
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by deols(f): 12:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
This is good ma sha Allah..and good timing for me.

May Allah strenghten my faith and yours.

amin
Re: The One Who Becomes Angry When An Affliction Befalls Him by walelamina: 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
Jazakunllah khairun, nice write up, may Allah grant us Sabr

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beneficial Words From Ibn Qayyim / What Is The Position Of Zuhr Prayer When Jumu'ah And 'eid Fall On The Same Day? / Salam Brothers And Sisters, We Have To Beware Of This Man Called "alagbara Omi"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.