Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... (4388 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hello all....I got married around January and God has bin rily faithful in my marriage; He gave me a wonderful husband and also blessed me wit the fruit of the womb around June. The issue is this: during my visit to the Clinic for antenatals,I discovered I was hepatitis B positive,rly surprised cos I dnt feel anything at all and I rarely fall sick.My hubby has been prayerful and we have bin lookin unto God for deliverance and with high hopes that our yet unborn baby will not contract the virus.My hubby has also started vaccination and has received the 2nd injection out of 3 but he doesn't kiss me anymore,we practise safe sex with condom BUT I'm virtually sex starved. I really want to bond with my husband like b4 but he's so scared.And my friends who av babies alredi advised we shd av sex regularly so as to give space to the place wea the baby will pass...My hubby always gives me the excuse that we are prayin and fasting,so we should not have sex.let's jst say I'm not rily happy wit the way tins are going.what am I to do?
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by pickabeau1: 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
what has your doc said

hepatitis is spread via blood or as a sexually transmitted infection

You need all medical advice esp as per your unborn child

sex is really the least of your worries now
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by judii(f): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
I doubt if he could contact it since he's already being vaccinated. I guess he's just being careful. Don't worry, this is a phase that would pass soon. Remember, things have been good like u said so focus on the good and ignore the bad for now.
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
Yes I know...but my doctor has told me and infact 3 other doctors,that we have nuttin to worry about,that its just like normal catarrh which comes and goes,also that the viral load is not heavy in me,and I'm jst a carrier.and again that my liver is functioning well!
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by baralatie(m): 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
Babymumsy: Yes I know...but my doctor has told me and infact 3 other doctors,that we have nuttin to worry about,that its just like normal catarrh which comes and goes,also that the viral load is not heavy in me,and I'm jst a carrier.and again that my liver is functioning well!
simple u choose btw d ffg:
+deliver the baby witout complication

+concentrate on aving s£x
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by baralatie(m): 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Babymumsy: Hello all....I got married around January and God has bin rily faithful in my marriage; He gave me a wonderful husband and also blessed me wit the fruit of the womb around June. The issue is this: during my visit to the Clinic for antenatals,I discovered I was hepatitis B positive,rly surprised cos I dnt feel anything at all and I rarely fall sick.My hubby has been prayerful and we have bin lookin unto God for deliverance and with high hopes that our yet unborn baby will not contract the virus.My hubby has also started vaccination and has received the 2nd injection out of 3 but he doesn't kiss me anymore,we practise safe sex with condom BUT I'm virtually sex starved. I really want to bond with my husband like b4 but he's so scared.And my friends who av babies alredi advised we shd av sex regularly so as to give space to the place wea the baby will pass...My hubby always gives me the excuse that we are prayin and fasting,so we should not have sex.let's jst say I'm not rily happy wit the way tins are going.what am I to do?
those ur friends who are giving u this advice about s£x & baby definitely talking absolute nonsense.

If u ar trainning urself 4 child birth is totaly dif from s£x.

Advice u to rem calm,drift ur mind 4rm sex rit now,concentrate on safe child delivery(no joy measure up to it)
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by buklan4realyah(f): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
wot are d treatment u'v bin gvn? cos i knw of sum1 who is hepetatis b positive too
he went to d hospital for treatment, d dcotor told him dat is nt sumtin to worry about dat he is just a carrier
nd he shud just b mindful of wot he eats... then recommend sum drugs(livolin sumtin sha) nd was told to check bk after a month.
dat d body antigenes wil fight fr it, dat it takes 6mnth

still av unprotected sex with his wife lipsrsealed

guess d wife too nid to go for vaccination...
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
^ ^ ^ ^
Hepatitis can be spread through virtually every fluid in the body. Spreads faster than HIV! Your friend's wife needs to go for vaccination!
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by EfemenaXY: 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
I think this thread would fare better in the Health Section where she'll get good advice from qualified doctors.

Having said that, I was under the impression that Hep B is a viral disease and once caught, never leaves your body. It was the AIDs of it's time before AIDs emerged - it was that bad.

Sounds to me that your husband is simply taking precautions...
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
HepB is very contagious but resolves itself in about 70% of people that contracts it. By that I mean your immune system overcomes the virus and you become resistant to it( you get an acquired immunity). Kind of like how small pox used to be..... But you need to see your doctor. If you husband is being vaccinated then he shouldn't be worried about it
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by EfemenaXY: 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
^^ Is this the same strain that Pamela Anderson got? Or she got hep C?
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
buklan4real@yah:
wot are d treatment u'v bin gvn? cos i knw of sum1 who is hepetatis b positive too
he went to d hospital for treatment, d dcotor told him dat is nt sumtin to worry about dat he is just a carrier
nd he shud just b mindful of wot he eats... then recommend sum drugs(livolin sumtin sha) nd was told to check bk after a month.
dat d body antigenes wil fight fr it, dat it takes 6mnth

still av unprotected sex with his wife lipsrsealed

guess d wife too nid to go for vaccination...

Yes for most people it resolves by itself and it then confers an acquired immunity. His wife needs vaccination though, cos he will infect his wife with unprotected sex.
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Is this the same strain that Pamela Anderson got? Or she got hep C?

Hep C, and that one requires treatment
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by EfemenaXY: 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
^^ It's all confusing jare - there's even Hep A which I think can be got from drinking impure water??
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by baralatie(m): 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
The most important ting is the b-a-b-y.
Her craving for s£x can sleep,wait watever at a mount everest.
When the baby comes and is weaned.
Then we can talk
pls continue wit ur medication!
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
Efemena_xy: I think this thread would fare better in the Health Section where she'll get good advice from qualified doctors.

Having said that, I was under the impression that Hep B(it's herpes) is a viral disease and once caught, never leaves your body. It was the AIDs of it's time before AIDs emerged - it was that bad.

Sounds to me that your[b] husband is simply taking precautions[/b]...

The husband is just afraid
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ It's all confusing jare - there's even Hep A which I think can be got from drinking impure water??

No confusion at all. Yes, Hep A can be gotten from contaminated water but there is a vaccine for it and with proper hygiene you are safe.
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by EfemenaXY: 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
^^ Thanks smiley
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by jumzzy448: 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
So sorry op. Just as others have said, focus on having your baby first. I'm sure you'll not want your baby to be infected. As for hubby, he's just trying to take precautions.
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by soulglo: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
I think you and your husband should do more research on Hep B. Hepatitis B can work itself out of your system. In fact it does in most cases. The only time it becomes an issue is when it has stayed in your body for a long period of time. How long has it been since you got tested? Maybe when your husband finishes his round of vaccines then he will feel more comfortable with sex. In situations like this it is better to talk about it rather than guess what he is thinking.
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by baralatie(m): 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
soul_glo: I think you and your husband should do more research on Hep B. Hepatitis B can work itself out of your system. In fact it does in most cases. The only time it becomes an issue is when it has stayed in your body for a long period of time. How long has it been since you got tested? Maybe when your husband finishes his round of vaccines then he will feel more comfortable with sex. In situations like this it is better to talk about it rather than guess what he is thinking.
dont u tink that baby health is more important than s£x!!!
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
I really appreciate evryone.Thanx so much.I have not started any treatment cos of the pregnancy.medications,not for now too.I'll focus on d baby like u said! I just want tins to be normal like b4! And yes,they av told us baby shd start vaccine wen he arrives too!God bless u! I fil much beta!
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by soulglo: 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
baralatie:
dont u tink that baby health is more important than s£x!!!

What has the baby's health got to do with having sex with her husband? She cannot give the baby anything by having sex with her husband. They might need to be careful until he is done with his round of vaccines but I don't see how the baby is at risk because they are having sex

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by baralatie(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
soul_glo:

What has the baby's health got to do with having sex with her husband? She cannot give the baby anything by having sex with her husband. They might need to be careful until he is done with his round of vaccines but I don't see how the baby is at risk because they are having sex
do u understand there are 3 ppl involvd in this mata:the husband,the wife & the baby.
This marriage is around 8mths..6mths in2 the marrige doctors brng a med rep of hep b infectn in a pregnant wife.husband is on immunisation programe. Yet to be completed.
Who do u tink should top the list of importance?
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by baralatie(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
Babymumsy: I really appreciate evryone.Thanx so much.I have not started any treatment cos of the pregnancy.medications,not for now too.I'll focus on d baby like u said! I just want tins to be normal like b4! And yes,they av told us baby shd start vaccine wen he arrives too!God bless u! I fil much beta!
this is what i can tel u to do wit ur husband.learn how to enjoy each other companionship!this wil clear doubts,fears 4rm btw u both!
Always let him be around u(if its posible let him play pregnant husband)trst me its fun.
By the time u get to businez again there is no problem.
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by cynhamscakes(f): 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
Poster Congrats on your pregnancy. I pray the Lord grant you safe delivery when its time.

About your health, since you were told that you are just a carrier, you don't have anything to worry about and your hubby too should try and learn a thing or two about carriers of hepatitis b because you can't transfer it to him.

Don't be surprise you have had that virus since birth, yea i said since birth but because yours is not infectious, you won't be able to infect someone else.

Haven't you and your Hubby wondered why he hasn't contacted it from you since before the discovery?

The test they did for you to detect the active or inactivity of the virus is Envelope Antigen test (Hepatitis E). Luckily for you, yours is negative so you don't even need drugs.

Just make sure you maintain a very healthy lifestyle, eat very healthy meals and lots of fruits and vegetables. The only time you will start having problem is if you contact any disease that will compromise your immune system. Once that happens, the dormant hepatitis virus will "wake up" and become infective. That is when you will start developing liver problems and other health issues.

For instance, a lady tested positive to HIV virus, after having a CD4 count test done , her result showed that her CD4 count is 450. She was nt placed on drugs because she didnt need it. She was only advised
to maintain a very healthy lifestyle etc etc.

So relax ok. Since your hubby is already taking the vaccine, he should be more relaxed now and you guys can make love without protection.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
Thank u @cynhamscakes.God bless.I'm encouraged now.u guys are Godsent!
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by ladeeh09: 11:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hi. Congrats on the baby, but some education is needed.

Hep B infection presents in 2 forms wither as an acute disease which can clear on its own. Usually starts with fever, yellow eyes body aches and pain, this type can resolve on its own in 95% of people. the other type is the chronic hep B usually no symptoms until the late stage when it presents with liver cancer or failure or cirrhosis of the liver. You need to see a Dr who understand how to differentiate the 2, and properly interprets your liver function test and viral load and also an ultrasound scan result.

Baby... You need to get Hep B immunoglobulin for your baby to prevent mother to child transmission. It is given in the first 12 to 24 hours of delivery along with the vaccine to protect the baby.

hubby...... Once he has taken his vaccine 3 shots he should be ok, sex is not an issue, to further be sure he is protected please check his antibody levels there are land you can do this.

you... You have done doing this tests, please always go for follow up, one time testing is never enough, at least you should have a check once a year. People who say its no big deal have not seen patients with liber cancer or lost close ones to this. You can check this on some good websites

I wish you all the best.
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by dayokanu(m): 4:45am On Nov 21, 2013
I no blame am

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by benjibabs(m): 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
Babymumsy: Hello all....I got married around January and God has bin rily faithful in my marriage; He gave me a wonderful husband and also blessed me wit the fruit of the womb around June. The issue is this: during my visit to the Clinic for antenatals,I discovered I was hepatitis B positive,rly surprised cos I dnt feel anything at all and I rarely fall sick. My hubby has been prayerful and we have bin lookin unto God for deliverance and with high hopes that our yet unborn baby will not contract the virus.My hubby has also started vaccination and has received the 2nd injection out of 3 but he doesn't kiss me anymore,we practise safe sex with condom BUT I'm virtually sex starved. I really want to bond with my husband like b4 but he's so scared.And my friends who av babies alredi advised we shd av sex regularly so as to give space to the place wea the baby will pass...My hubby always gives me the excuse that we are prayin and fasting,so we should not have sex.let's jst say I'm not rily happy wit the way tins are going.what am I to do?

Since the medical folks have provided some good info, I will concentrate on the part in red.

This happened to a person I know extremely well; so, it is first hand info. In 2002, this guy found out he was HBV infected when he went for employment medical test with an oil company in Lagos. As at that time, he was contracting with another oil company; he had another test with the company and it was confirmed. Fast forward to 2005, this guy went for another med test for immigration and his HBV status was confirmed again. Having relocated to North America, he met this sweet babe in 2007 and they hit it off. Note that within the space of 5yrs he lived a normal life, no serious sickness and no HBV infection symptoms. In 2008, he made his HBV status known to the babe and they prayed about it. About 2 weeks after the prayer, he woke up one day and without any apparent reasons went for another test and HBV had disappeared without any traces!!! Now, from my little knowledge of HBV, if the body immunity was able to conquer the virus, there would be antibodies produced that would be picked up by subsequent HBV tests. In this case, there were no antibodies detected and the HB virus were no where to be found. It was as if he never had the infection. If that was not a miracle, I don't know what it was. They are now married with a kid. And yes, the babe got immunized before their wedding.

So, hang in there my sister! There is still balm in Gilead.

Shalom cool
Re: My Marriage Is Rosy BUT....... by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
God bless u Sir.I believe in the efficacy of prayers and I know by His Grace,I am whole in Jesus name.tanx for d encouragement!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbiased Advised Needed PLS / Samsung 49" 4k Hdr Ultra Hd Smart Tv / Igbo Ladies, How True Is This? ( PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.