Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,071 members, 7,953,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different (1872 Views)

The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) / Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
Just before I start, we all need to read this:

2 Corinthians 11:3–4

3. But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

4. For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.

As highlighted above from the same Bible we all claim to share, some group of persons under the auspices of religion are busy proclaiming another Jesus.

Is the Jesus of the Roman Catholic Church the biblical Jesus? Knowing and believing the real Jesus is critical because Jesus said, "If you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins" (John 8:24 ).
A different Jesus is preached by many deceivers ( 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 ) who deny His finished work of redemption.

The Mormons preach Jesus is the brother of Lucifer and was a man who became God.

The Jehovah Witnesses preach Jesus was not God but claim he was Michael the arch angel.

Roman Catholicism preaches a Jesus that was unable to purge all sin or pay the complete penalty for sin.

Which Jesus do you believe/follow/serve?

credits: Mike Gendron

1 Like

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by tobechi74: 10:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
Acidiosis,tell us your own

1 Like

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Olugbenger(m): 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Acidiosis, we the Christian brothers appreciate ur good works on this subject.
God bless.

7 Likes

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by taiocol: 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
i dnt believe jesus only believe in God
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
tobechi74: Acidiosis,tell us your own

The Jesus of the Bible, the only mediator between God and man (I Timothy 2:15 )
The one who died and paid all for my sins and transgressions..
The mighty man in battle, the coming King...

He is my Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
Olugbenger: Acidiosis, we the Christian brothers appreciate ur good works on this subject.
God bless.

Thanks bro, I appreciate your comments
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
taiocol: i dnt believe jesus only believe in God

Which God do you believe, Sir?
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by vickyO(f): 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
Acidosis:

The Jesus of the Bible, the only mediator between God and man (I Timothy 2:15 )
The one who died and paid all for my sins and transgressions..
The mighty man in battle, the coming King...

He is my Jesus.
He is my Jesus too....
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Caracta(f): 12:16am On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by italo: 4:19am On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis: Just before I start, we all need to read this:

2 Corinthians 11:3–4

As highlighted above from the same Bible we all claim to share, some group of persons under the auspices of religion are busy proclaiming another Jesus.

Is the Jesus of the Roman Catholic Church the biblical Jesus? Knowing and believing the real Jesus is critical because Jesus said, "If you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins" (John 8:24 ).
A different Jesus is preached by many deceivers ( 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 ) who deny His finished work of redemption.

The Mormons preach Jesus is the brother of Lucifer and was a man who became God.

The Jehovah Witnesses preach Jesus was not God but claim he was Michael the arch angel.

Roman Catholicism preaches a Jesus that was unable to purge all sin or pay the complete penalty for sin.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church

1847 "God created us without us: but he did not will to save us without us."116 To receive his mercy, we must admit our faults. "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

@OP, Why are you spreading lies against the Catholic Church?

If you are of God, will you need to lie?

And if we were of the devil, would you need to lie to bring us down?

1 Like

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 8:17am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

The Catechism of the Catholic Church

1847 "God created us without us: but he did not will to save us without us."116 To receive his mercy, we must admit our faults. "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

@OP, Why are you spreading lies against the Catholic Church?

If you are of God, will you need to lie?

And if we were of the devil, would you need to lie to bring us down?

You are not a sincere Catholic

Catholics know Jesus only as a "gate opener" to heaven. For Catholics to go through the gates of heaven they must save themselves through the Mass and sacraments.

The Jesus of the Bible is the only mediator between God and man (I Timothy 2:15), yet the Roman Catholic Church offers Mary as the mediator.

Pope Pius IX proclaimed that "God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that through her are obtained every hope, every grace, and all salvation. For this is His will: that we obtain everything through Mary."

The Jesus of the Bible claimed He was the only way to the heavenly Father (John 14:6). Vatican II denies this by stating, "the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst who are the Moslems.

1 Like

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2013
I'm opening your eyes to see things you do not know about your religion.
Stop calling me a Liar
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 8:22am On Nov 21, 2013
vickyO:
He is my Jesus too....
Caracta: Acidosis
vickyO:
He is my Jesus too....

Great!
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by macof(m): 9:26am On Nov 21, 2013
The catholics turned Jesus into the Messiah of the world from various pagan deities.

JW have realized some of the pagan attributes but it's still funny that they already got confused and brainwashed to not see that the whole character of Jesus is false.

Only Jews give accurate accounts
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by taiocol: 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis:

Which God do you believe, Sir?
the God that jesus nd ma fore-fathers believed in
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by macof(m): 10:02am On Nov 23, 2013
taiocol: the God that jesus nd ma fore-fathers believed in

Ur forefathers didn't believe in Jesus
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by taiocol: 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
macof:

Ur forefathers didn't believe in Jesus
neither do i belive cheesy
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2013
The god of Chosenis differant!!

the god of Daddy GO is differant!!

the god of Oyedepo is differant!!!

the god Of bakare is diffrent!!

and so on and on abeg na whom we go follow?
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by macof(m): 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
chukwudi44: The god of Chosenis differant!!

Follow the God of ur ancestors
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
macof:

Follow the God of ur ancestors

These protestanta tire me sef.more than 30,000 denominations who fail to even agree among themselves and only united by their hate for the catholic church

1 Like

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by unphilaz(m): 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
acidioss, in addition to His finished work, do you believe YAHSHUA is God?
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Empredboy(m): 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
Frm most of ur post i realised dat u are anti-catholic. I assume u were 1s a catholic was never in any society or may u were bt never ask knowledable questn abt d church so as 2 defend d catholic faith. Its ok dats d level u knw d church. Since u knw d church so much i guess d apostolic creed ought 2 ans ur questn
Acidosis:

Great!
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Demainman1: 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2013
This man again? Still looking for customers huh? Even if you convert the whole of Nigeria with your anti Catholic rhetorics, count me out. In Catholic church i have the peace that i need. I can never worship any Nigeria 'god of man'!!
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
unphilaz:

acidioss, in addition to His finished work, do you believe YAHSHUA is God?

'am curious in knowing his response to this pertinent kweshun? cool
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
unphilaz: acidioss, in addition to His finished work, do you believe YAHSHUA is God?

Who is YAHSHUA?
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 3:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
chukwudi44: The god of Chosenis differant!!

Lol..

Just follow the TRUE and ONLY GOD..
others are gods..

I believe if you ask God to reveal himself to you, he'll definitely answer you.
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by macof(m): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
Acidosis:

Lol..

Just follow the TRUE and ONLY GOD..
others are gods..

I believe if you ask God to reveal himself to you, he'll definitely answer you.

There's no such thing as true and only God

All Gods are true. You can only say the supreme God.

And if u like pray from now till nx yr asking God to appear to u, he won't.

God cannot appear any more than he already appears through his children(The Gods)

You can never understand God because he is too magnificent and above human comprehension.

You all need to attain spiritual enlightenment for urself, no Bible or Koran can teach u wat Ori would teach u.

Just grow in consciousness

1 Like

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 5:52am On Dec 05, 2013
The kind of mods we have here are the reasons for the confusions in the things of God.

This thread is the hallmark and the foundation of our problems here..

People do not know anything about their God, yet they'll insult you when you try to tell them..

Threads like this is one secret many do not know BUT mods like 'these' do not seem to care about the truth BUT traffic!

smh!

Put this thread in the right place and let people know their stand!

Heaven is real, hell is real..
You can not escape any..
Many will go to hell, while few will go to heaven ( painful truth smiley )
Let them know their fate here on Nairaland.

Lets stop deceiving ourselves with fake gospels and religion.
Free the people.
If y'all deny the people the truth today, do not say I didn't warn you all when you all get the greatest denial...
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by macof(m): 8:02am On Dec 05, 2013
Acidosis: The kind of mods we have here are the reasons for the confusions in the things of God.

This thread is the hallmark and the foundation of our problems here..

People do not know anything about their God, yet they'll insult you when you try to tell them..

Threads like this is one secret many do not know BUT mods like 'these' do not seem to care about the truth BUT traffic!

smh!

Put this thread in the right place and let people know their stand!

Heaven is real, hell is real..
You can not escape any..
Many will go to hell, while few will go to heaven ( painful truth smiley )
Let them know their fate here on Nairaland.

Lets stop deceiving ourselves with fake gospels and religion.
Free the people.
If y'all deny the people the truth today, do not say I didn't warn you all when you all get the greatest denial...

Bottomline Christianity is a lie go back to your ancestors
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by frakdon(m): 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
Becareful!!!!l
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Mynd44: 6:20am On Dec 13, 2013
Acidosis:

Jesus Christ

Jehovah's Witnesses disagree with the mainstream Christian belief that Jesus was "fully God, fully man." Witnesses teach that Jesus was not God, but rather God's first creation. Jesus existed in pre-human form as God's agent of creation and God's chief spokesman (the Word), and took on human form as the man Jesus by means of a virgin birth.

The purpose of Jesus' incarnation on earth was threefold in the view of Witnesses: (1) To teach the truth about God; (2) to provide a model of a perfect life for people to follow; and (3) to sacrifice his life to set humans free from sin and death. His crucifixion was not on a cross, but a single upright stake. After his death, God raised Jesus from the dead "as a spirit creature" and Jesus returned to his home in heaven. Jesus was not made King, however, until 1914. (See End Times, below.)

http://www.religionfacts.com/jehovahs_witnesses/beliefs.htm

also see this
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/who-is-jesus-christ/

Before you bring anything to public, make sure you find out as much about it as you can and make sure what you found out is true and devoid of any type/form of ignorance or give an undertone of bias.

2 Likes

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Mynd44: 6:28am On Dec 13, 2013
Acidosis:

Read this.

http://mormon.org/faq/belief-in-jesus-christ

(1) (2) (Reply)

Major World Religions And Their Beliefs About God / Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today / Prophet Wale Releases 2016 Prophesies,Fayose'll Be Impeached,OBJ Will Die,Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.