Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different (1841 Views)

The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) / Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by okpurukata(f): 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
Acidosis: Just before I start, we all need to read this:

2 Corinthians 11:3–4

As highlighted above from the same Bible we all claim to share, some group of persons under the auspices of religion are busy proclaiming another Jesus.

Is the Jesus of the Roman Catholic Church the biblical Jesus? Knowing and believing the real Jesus is critical because Jesus said, "If you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins" (John 8:24 ).
A different Jesus is preached by many deceivers ( 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 ) who deny His finished work of redemption.

The Mormons preach Jesus is the brother of Lucifer and was a man who became God.

The Jehovah Witnesses preach Jesus was not God but claim he was Michael the arch angel.

Roman Catholicism preaches a Jesus that was unable to purge all sin or pay the complete penalty for sin.

Which Jesus do you believe/follow/serve?

credits: Mike Gendron

Acidosis, this is pure heresy. Which catholic church did you attend and heard this preaching. Let us be careful what we type on the computer. Your lies will seek you out and may destroy you if you don't stop lying. I wish you peace.

2 Likes

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Nsonso: 5:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
Acidosis be warned! Satan is decieving u. Be careful not to end up in d hades. The evil one is hijacking u gradually & probably using u against God, though unknown to you. Do u know what: He is making u a liar, an accuser, a judge, a hater etc, & subtlely rubbing u of ur spirituality; recruiting u without ur consent. I ask u," Who are u working for? Think well before u answer because u might think u are working for God; otherwise on that day u might hear something like this,' Depart from me u worker of iniquity'. God forbid!
Acidosis, leave d catholic church alone. Leave her alone & be focused on d heavenly race lest u run amiss. Satan is cunninly deceptive. He has strategies. Be careful & wise. Go for perishing souls & make them disciples of Christ Jesus.
PEACE OF CHRIST BE WITH U, AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by POPEII: 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
Acidosis , are Catholics not christians ?
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 8:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
^ ^ I should be asking you, sir

Thanks all, bro and sists...

I expected better and more convincing words based on your doctrines though..
Thanks all the same
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by POPEII: 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
How ? You are the one who separated Catholics from Christians? Read your title?

1 Like

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Acidosis(m): 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
POPE II: How ? You are the one who separated Catholics from Christians? Read your title?

Some Catholics do not see themselves as Christians..

When you ask them about their Religion, they tell you - Catholic.
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by POPEII: 8:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
What's your take on that?
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Empredboy(m): 9:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
I av been ffing ur coments abt d catholic church 4 a lng time bt nw i can rightly say dat u lie alot against d church. Bro u cant knw things more dan d owner. U might had been a catholic b4 bt cos u refusd 2 ask questn, u left d church wch doesnt make u knw d church doctrine. Also, maybe u never attended a catholic mass bt u read stories on d internet doesnt make u a' prof' abt d church. Bros free ur mind ask questn abt d church n u wil get a gud ans. My wife was 1s like u bt nw she is stronger in faith dan me.
Acidosis:

You are not a sincere Catholic

Catholics know Jesus only as a "gate opener" to heaven. For Catholics to go through the gates of heaven they must save themselves through the Mass and sacraments.

The Jesus of the Bible is the only mediator between God and man (I Timothy 2:15), yet the Roman Catholic Church offers Mary as the mediator.

Pope Pius IX proclaimed that "God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that through her are obtained every hope, every grace, and all salvation. For this is His will: that we obtain everything through Mary."

The Jesus of the Bible claimed He was the only way to the heavenly Father (John 14:6). Vatican II denies this by stating, "the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst who are the Moslems.

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Nomswilli(m): 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
Dis guy is konfused

1 Like

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by Enigma(m): 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
okpurukata:

Acidosis, this is pure heresy. Which catholic church did you attend and heard this preaching. Let us be careful what we type on the computer. Your lies will seek you out and may destroy you if you don't stop lying. I wish you peace.

Dear sis

Before you accuse acidosis, please take a close and careful look at the following posts -- including the last line of the second post that I have bolded in red and the hyphenated word that I have underlined! (Edit: I have bolded additional material in red)

.... 1 Cor 3:9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building

You see that even St. Paul saw himself as God's co-worker. And since God's work on earth was to redeem man and mediate between man and God, Paul was co-redeemer and co-mediator.

What else is your problem with Catholics calling Mary "co-redemtrix?"

Is it the Catholic Church that made Paul a "co-worker" with God? No. It was God

Is it the Catholic Church that alluded to the fact that God's work on earth was redemption and mediation on this thread? No. It was you.

Jesus is the sole high priest but all Christians share in his priesthood.

Which yeye study? Why not show me the Bible verses that say that our only part of the labour is preaching?

1Pet 4:13 says "But rejoice insofar as you are sharing Christ’s sufferings, so that you may also be glad and shout for joy when his glory is revealed."

And "suffering" there wasn't talking about preaching.

Col 1:24 Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

Did you see that?

2 Cor 1:5, 6 For just as the sufferings of Christ are abundant for us, so also our consolation is abundant through Christ. 6 If we are being afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation; if we are being consoled, it is for your consolation, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we are also suffering.

Did you see that?! Paul suffered for your salvation...and it wasn't mere "preaching."

RCC says she's a co-redemtrix contrary to the Holy Spirit

I seriously dont know what your problem is. I am beginning to think it is plain hatred and envy.

Jesus is the only Son of God, yet we are all sons of God.

Jesus is the only High Priest, yet we all share his priesthood.

Jesus is the only one who "worked"(redeemed/saved us), yet Paul says he is a "co-worker" and he suffered for our salvation.

What else is your problem with our co-redemptrix? ....

2 Likes

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by POPEII: 11:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
*yawns* fail
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by POPEII: 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
okpurukata:

May God forgive him, the dude is possessed by the devil. How dare attack God's church
Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by try69: 9:06am On Dec 14, 2013
Only a fool will tell me not to belong to a body (church) of God's people for good guide as I work out my salvation..

Leave the catholic church, leave the catholic church..yet they cannot boldly recommend where to go for me.

When the bible said the church is the pillar of truth, I guess it was talking about us individually proclaiming our perceived truth..

All in the name of ridicule for the church that christ himself launched..

SHOW ME THE MAN THAT STARTED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND I WILL LEAVE HER OR FOREVER SHUT UP.

1 Like

Re: The Jesus Of Christians, Roman Catholics & The Jehovah's Witnesses Are Different by woky: 1:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
try69:

SHOW ME THE MAN THAT STARTED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND I WILL LEAVE HER OR FOREVER SHUT UP.
you jst said somthing up^^ there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Having Concubine And Sleeping With Prostitute Is Permitted In Christianity / I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here / Jesus Walked On Sea. It Was During Winter The Water Was Ice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.