Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,569 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? (18193 Views)

Arsenal Completes Signing Of Thierry Henry On Loan / Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal / Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Jackal(m): 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2006
@ Loyika,
U like quoting heresies on a public forum and i aint gonna let this pass without adding my comments.
First all, Henry is a light-weight compared to RUUD boy as far as goal-scoring is concerned.
Henry played in France and Italy and he was a disaster while there. Henry winning the French League with monaco is not his individual efforts but as a team effort collectively. So lets forget the accolades or titles each player has won for either club or country and lets concentrate on the number of goals each player has scored in their respective careers.
Don't let us mix individual brilliance with team's collective efforts.

Henry scored a mere 20 goals in 105 games for Monaco and a paltry 3 goals in 28 starts for Juventus before he came to Arsenal.
Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored a whooping 62 goals in 67 games for PSV and 13 goals in 31 games for SC Heerenveen at the age of 21.

Henry was subdued when he came into the Premiership in his debut season and wasn't a ball of fire at Arsenal.
Ruud became the 2nd highest goal scorer in the Premiership(1 goal short of Henry) and won the golden boot of the UEFA champions league in his debut.
season.
He had to be nominated the PFA player of the year in his debut season.
This feat is yet to be achieved in the Premiership ever since.

Ruud fired all cylinders in his 2nd season and won golden boot both in the Premiership and the Champions league in the same season.
Henry finished below Ruud in the Premiership and was nowhere in the champions league scorer's chart.

Ruud scored a whooping 44 goals for Man Utd in 2002/03.
Henry is yet score 40 goals in a season in his entire career.

Ruud has won 3 golden boots in the Champions league.
Henry is yet to win any golden boot at the Champions league in his whole career.

Ruud's goal ratio for country is 28 goals in 54 games(0.52)
Henry's goal ratio for country is 38 goals in 90 games(0.42)

Ruud has proved his mettle in 3 different leagues(Eredivisie, English Premiership and now La Liga)
Henry is a local champion in the Premiership and is yet to excel in any football league outside the shores of England.

Ruud is one of the few elites to have scored 4 goals in UEFA.
Henry is yet to achieve that feat.

Ruud is the 1st player to score 10 goals in UEFA champions league competition.
He broke his own record the following season to notch 14 goals which no one has ever matched till this day.
Henry has never scored more than 5 goals in a season at UEFA.

What else do u wanna hear?
I believe TH is a better player overall as he links the play, assists and contributes tremedously to his team BUT
Ruud boy is a better finisher and a goal scoring machine which Henry can never surpass in his career.

I will only put Henry ahead of Ruud if he can score more than 44 goals in a season either at Arsenal or any other club in the world.
Ruud is a god of goals.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by loyika(m): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2006
Now guys please do not think that i am trying to show off or act funny, we are only having a matured conversation on this, i put up these stats and quotes, so that you guys can check it out yourselves, thats why i take the time to paste the links. So you just don't take my word for it.

It would help if everyone gave evidence of their own claims, not just say it, cause as you know guys "talk is cheap" wink

I am not looking to convince you guys as every man will believe what he wants, i am only trying to lay the facts bear for every nuetral member to make his or her conclusions, as stats and stuff can be twisted any which way to suit an arguement. Lawyers do it all the time So please if you feel i am twisting it, come out with your own statements and stats to dis counter my arguements.

Thats why this is a forum, we are all meant to learn from each other and take corrections and dispel myths when necessary, thats the only way we grow as individuals. So please do not take my statements, quotes, stats and all as arrogance, i am only trying to prove my case. lets keep up this matured attitude guys (at least this discussions helped me discover some new stuff on both players cool)

And i still insist T Henry is a better player/ goal scorer that Ruun V N, and the only one better than him in all ramifications is Ronaldo de lima. I haven't changed my stand. waiting for your reply.

here another site for stats

www.rssf.com

cool GOONER  cool
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by loyika(m): 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2006
Jackal that is my problem with you, you just put down stats. SHOW ME THE PROOF OR LINKS SO I CAN SEE ALL THESE STATS AND STATEMENTS YOU PUT UP. are you saying you now know more than Martin tyler, or are the links i put up wrong.

You all select whatever stats you want to support your arguements but everyone esle's is heresy what an irony.

Jackal please we cannot take only your word for it. show us where you get all these stuff cause the last time i checked you are still young and can not claim to know all.

stop these attacks, just make your point, we are not fighting just having a matured arguement.

You mention all Ruud's honours, then have the nerve to insult me for listing Henry's own tongue

I really try hard to understand you. Has Ruud scored more goals career wise than Henry, YES OR NO, leave all the 44 goals and stuff, even leave all henry's stuff. Has ruud the King Goal scorer scored more career goals that Henry till date in all competitions. Jackal JUST A SIMPLE YES OR NO

(forget this Arsenal/Man U stuff you always make it look like we are arguing based on team loyalties).

Please respond now angry and jackal please give us all evidence not just your word angry

cool GOOONER 89
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by loyika(m): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2006
Jackal let me make one final point to you as we always get into this stuff

Now it seems you always think we are on some Arsenal/Man u War stuff, But i really do not know why, i really try to be nuetral as humanly possiible as can be, but i am still biased for Arsenal as you are for Man United, so don't accuse me of being biased when you are also biased for Manchester. Stop giving the impressions that you far more objective than i am (look at the stupid Drogs vs adebayor posts)

I put up links, you accuse me of being biased, explain to me, how Guardian, Observer and sky sports and all are biased, even BBC, If i put up the Sun or Daily Express you would accuse me of something else. i put up Myles Palmer you say the same thing, where as Mr palmer is a well known journalist in england, who happens to support Arsenal, Jackal everyone has a teamthey support even the F@#king Prime minister of Great Britain.

Do you not quote from Soccer net so your own links are the best and evryone's else is stupid. We live in an age where information is free and available to all. so please other forum member might decide to just take your word as law, but if you don't give me prove, its just ramblings to me. I am on the net 12 -13 hrs at work, please do give me links and evidence, i have will make time to check them out. Do not hold back, (since you accuse me of heresy)

stop accusing people of things which you do yourself, its childish!? Did i or did i not give links to stats for ruud , did i or did i not Paste Ruud's awards and honours

I put up as many links for ruud as i did for thieery, please check it yourself, You make statements to counter argue and thats where it should stop, there is really no need to add insults, did i insult Mocha or Seun No? Did i say they were speaking rucbbish No!? i just tried to address their points and put up evidence backing my claims so they could check and respond.

you made some statements, once again Jackal, please put up links where i can check out your claims and stats. Or even any blog, Man united or other wise, where it is discussed that Ruud is better than Henry in terms of goal scoring. i really would love to read it, seriously i would. (i told seun that he quote derek or is it Dennis rae of Espn and didn't give evidence of it, i quoted Martin tyler and gave a link to show evidence, please how then am i quoting heresy, am i martin tyler , if i quoted espn you would stiil accuse me of quoting heresy). Jackal please be reasonable for once and address me with some respect and not turn everything into a childish arguement angry

cool GOONER 89
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Jackal(m): 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2006
@ Loyika,
Don't take sh.it personal.
I don't have to paste links to justify my claims.
Every average football fan knows Ruud's exploits in the game so pasting links will be beating a dead horse.
If i should start putting up the stats here, the whole place will be boring and grotesque.
U can go to uefa.com, soccerbase.com, wikipedias and Man Utd's archives and see Ruud's haulage of goals.
I don't have time for links these days but prove me wrong in any of the stats i have shown and i will bring out links that supports ma claim.
RVN is miles better than TH in terms of goal-poaching.
Just reading now that RVN is among the very few strikers that have scored 4 goals in a single match in the UEFA champions league.

Ruud has not scored more career goals than Henry because Ruud has played less games than Henry.
Van Nistelrooy had a big feud with the former managers of Holland and he was being dropped countless times and hence he could not represent his country.
Ruud's 1st major contribution for country was EURO 2004 while Henry has been playing for France since 1997.
This has nuthing to do with the player's brilliance but just soccer politics.
Giovanni Elber, Mario Jardel, Eric Cantona are classic examples of players that have been short-changed in their respective countries.

Ruud has also spent more time on the doctor's table than Henry.
I can remember vividly Ferguson had to wait for 1 year to sign Ruud in 2001.
Van the Man was absent for 12 months due to cruciate knee ligament injury.
1 year absence in professional football is equal to about 60 matches for club and country and maybe 40-50 goals less for a player of Ruud's calibre.

Anutha factor yet again is Arsenal's small squad size.
In a team like Arsenal, every player gets to play because the team squad is small and Henry enjoys more premiership appearances than any striker in the league.
Van Nistelrooy plays in a team where u have so many strikers and squad rotation is the key.

If u add all these together u will understand why Henry has more appearances than Ruud.
The only way to differentiate is the goal ratio and Ruud has more than Henry overall.
Martin Tyler's analysis might be correct as at the time he made those statements but things have changed now.
Ruud has already bagged a hatrick this season while Henry is still warming up to start scoring.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by otolorin(m): 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2006
@jackal
no hard feelings but i think i understand loyika's points.
i have bin followin these thread and d RVN / TH14 juxtaposition and i seriously think loyika has been careful enough to be as unbiased as possible - it is only impossible to be withoutsome stincts for yur club of preference.

as per the link thing - loyika's just tryin to validate your points. you said he should prove you wrong if your stats are wrong, this he has done times without number by postin links dat profer counter information to that which you proclaim, yet you accuse him of heresy - meanwhile the only way you can prove ur point is to disprove him with basis (links) for your proclamations.

i really would love to see you 2 put an end to this - and the only way that could be done, i believe, is by silencing loyika with your links - i'm sure he will own up once he reads the proof to your points.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by loyika(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2006
Jackal cool

Henry's Personal Honours:

European Golden Boot: 2004, 2005
FA Premier League Top Scorer: 2001-2002, 2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006
Onze d´Or: 2003
PFA Players' Player Of The Year: 2002-03, 2003-04
FWA Footballer Of The Year: 2002-03, 2003-04, 2005-06

Since you give Ruud's Awards, (lets not go there cause you know you cannot even compare the two based on Awards and honours, but i will follow Oga Mocha's thoughts that Awards and Honours are subjective in nature, so can't really be seen as scientifical)

How many players have won FWA Awards three years how many years has Ruud been top scorer in Prem league. Jackal ok do you feel the Dutch league is better than the Ligue 1. How many years did Henry spend in Italy, if you feel he is a failure.

Do not put the Spainish league cause he has just started, will he end up as Top scorer lets wait and see. jackal you and i know that ruud felt he was forced out of Old trafford, so he never really wanted to go to Real, but he is there. Henry had a choice to go to Barca, but chose otherwise, doesn't sum up that he can't make it there. The spainish league is not as rough as the italian and Prem. Jackal you know this.

Sheva has not clicked yet for Chelsea, does that mean he won't prove himself in the Prem, and even if he doesn't, then will we say he is not a good striker

Jackal that Martin Tyler analysis is october/november 2005 is that too far for you

here is the link please go through yourself

http://home.skysports.com/column.aspx?hlid=344520&lid=Sky_Sports_Columnist_Martin_Tyler&title=It's+Henry+by+a+head+-+Tyler&channel=football_home

Jackal ok then take away 3 years from Henry's goal exploits in the Prem 99, 00 and 06 and add both their goal tallies. who has scored more goals Now if your answer is Henry, I beg to ask, " what exactly are you all saying. You mentioned goals ratio, i quote someone that knows a whole bloody lot about football (esp the prem) i repeat Jackal give me evidence to back your claims. If Henry has scored more goals than Ruud, even taking away 2 full seasons and this season as Ruud is no longer in the Prem, how can you say Ruud's ratio is higher. Even tlyer states that it is very close, but that T Henry is just slightly better.

ok jackal, if henry is a local champion as you claim, Please list the Big teams ruud has scored his goals against and compare them with Thierry, also how can you call someone that has won the World cup, Confed Cup and Euro Cup a local champ, you see what i mean you keep going back to the Arsenal thing, cause you keep looking at Henry with Arsenal thats why you keep refering to Uefa and the CL. But jackal i ask, what was the best that Ruud's goals have taken Man U to in the CL and compare it with Henry (do not talk about Arsenal not winning, i only asked for Productivity). You must admit that for even this Sheva stands head and shoulders above them both cause his Uefa goals have helped Milan win the CL and get to the Final against the POOL.

Same can be said in the Prem (for the period ruud was at Man United) how many titles have his goals won for Man United in all competitions compared to Henry during the period ruud was at Man Uas well 2001-2005/6, please check and respond as well. secondly if ruud scores a hat trick against a team like D kiev, you scream and shout, biut if t Henry does it, you will say D Kiev are not a good team. Henry scored against Brazil and some folks even were not satisfied.

As Wenger stated once in 2004 (and don't pick on the fact that i quoted wenger, i can not put up those stats and claim they are mine, focus on the stats and dispel them) but since its from his manager, we should only look at the relevant info, the link is even from your beloved soccernet.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=315479&cc=5739

'But Thierry has still done it it in big games. He's scored eight goals against Manchester United, a hat-trick away to Roma and two against Inter last season.'

Van Nistelrooy, meanwhile, may have hit four goals against Sparta Prague in midweek, but has only scored twice against Arsenal in eight games and twice against Chelsea in six matches."

Jackal we will just agree to disagree, like this other forum proves, Opinions are subjective in nature, even in the face of evidence.

http://www.soccerpulse.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20614

which was in 2004, so you see Jackal arguements can be subjective, thats why i rely more on Journalists cause they take time to look at all the stats and follow the game better then we do (are they all knowing: NO!! But you must admit they are better placed than you and i) and besides i don't think Tyler will look at this as a Man U vs Arsenal stuff which it seems we are doing, as he really isn't a true Man United or arsenal support a fan of both clubs yes, but not a supporter of either.

In conclusion Jackal if Henry has scored more career goals (exclude all the stories about ruud, every footballer has a story, i can give you one on why T Henry doesn't perform as well for France as he does for Arsenal grin) Then i guess he is a better goal scorer period!!, if you want to now categorise goal scorers be free to call him a poacher or a forward, thats your choice. if Lampard sores more (deflected) goals than Henry this season, will i now say because Lamps is a midfielder, that they don't count . Jackal you look at it smiley Poacher or otherwise (long stories besides as well) T Henry has scored more goals, won more accolades and titles than Ruud. And i repeat the only person in Oga Seun's list that is better than Henry is RONALDO

you don't have to agree with me, thats your perogative

cool GOONER 89
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by loyika(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2006
Jackal cool

Did FIFA forget to add Ruud's name on this list (Even Sheva and Rooney are there!!) Hurry up and write tham to correct this blunder and insult, i mean a whole Ruud

Fifa world player of the year shortlist:

Adriano (Internazionale, Brazil), Michael Ballack (Chelsea, Germany), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus, Italy), Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid, Italy), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United, Portugal), Petr Cech (Chelsea, Czech Republic), Deco (Barcelona, Portugal), Didier Drogba (Chelsea, Ivory Coast), Michael Essien (Chelsea, Ghana), Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona, Cameroon), Luis Figo (Internazionale, Portugal), Gennaro Gattuso (AC Milan, Italy), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool, England), Thierry Henry (Arsenal, France), Kaka (AC Milan, Brazil), Miroslav Klose (Werder Bremen, Germany), Philippe Lahm (Bayern Munich, Germany), Frank Lampard (Chelsea, England), Jens Lehmann (Arsenal, Germany), Alessandro Nesta (AC Milan, Italy), Andrea Pirlo (AC Milan, Italy), Franck Ribéry (Marseille, France), Juan Román Riquelme (Villarreal, Argentina), Ronaldinho (Barcelona, Brazil), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United, England), Tomas Rosicky (Arsenal, Czech Republic), Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea, Ukraine), Lilian Thuram (Barcelona, France), Patrick Vieira (Internazionale, France), Zinedine Zidane (retired, France).

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1920879,00.html

Don't worry i am only playing with you grin cause i know you will say Shrek is there and Cesc isn't grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by mochafella(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2006
@Loyika

loyika:

So Mocha, T Henry's goals are more and have contributed to more end product for his national team.
Are we really going to start an argument over team honours/titles when we are discussing individuals. It's almost as bad as referring to the subjective awards. I'm sure you've noticed I never once alluded to the teams either of them played for. Yes I know it influences the player but then it becomes even more difficult to compare the players.

Either way my issue was to get you to acknowledge that Ruud has better ratios in Europe and at Senior National team level. Particularly since you made such an effort to disclose Thierry's marginally better premeirship ratio and conveniently relegated the European and National team ratios to the backwaters.

As for your assertion that Thierry is a better player and goal scorer, its your opinion but I beg to differ. Better player yes, better goalscorer no.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Jackal(m): 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2006
Loyika is no doubt a comedian.
How can u write so much and still miss the vital points like a free-throw shot.
Ruud Van Nistelrooy's 2nd name should be GOALS.
He has justified that times without number and he took Henry to the cleaners when he came to the Premiership.

Ruud has scored against nearly all the good clubs he has played against.
Bayern Munich, Juventus, Real Madrid, Lyon, Arsenal, Chelsea, Celtic, Bayern Leverkusen, Deportivo La Coruna, etc.
He has out-witted the best goal-keepers in the world in Oliver Khan, Buffon, Iker Casillas and Carlo Cuddicini.
I don't have to spell it out. Van is a bigger fish than TH as far as goal-scoring is concerned.
Some might argue he is a box-18 player but i don't care as long as he puts the ball in the back of the net like he always seem to do.

Henry played in Italy and France and he was a total failure in those leagues.
Victor Ikpeba was the Prince of Monaco while Henry was there and Henry was generally subdued in his stay at Monaco before he came to the Premiership.
The same Henry failed to find the net in 9 matches for Arsenal before he finally did.
Van Nistelrooy, despite coming out of a 12-month injury spell found the net on his debut for Man Utd.
U might think it was a fluke but how did he win the golden boot in his debut season at Man Utd scoring 10 goals in UEFA?

Still a fluke? He won the golden boot title again the following season and he beat Henry to the Premiership's golden boot.
Shouldn't that tell u Ruud is class?
A player coming from the Dutch league(A league u condemned) and coming to the Premiership to claim his glory.
Put Ruud anywhere on God's green earth and he will triple his worth.
He was the only player till this day to score in 10 consecutive matches in the history of the English Premiership.
We all saw how he out-classed Henry at Euro 2004 by scoring 4 classic goals.
Where was Henry at that tournament? Nowhere to be found.

TH chickened out when Barca came calling because he knew he would be over-shadowed by players like Messi, Etoo and Ronaldinho.
Can Henry bench Samuel Etoo? U and I know the answer is NO.
Henry decided to stay at Arsenal cos he knows that is the only place he can get the accolades.
Ashley Cole said it all that Henry gets the royal treatment at Arsenal hence his reluctance to leave.

Wenger claimed Henry has scored 8 goals against Man Utd but in how many games?
Hatrick against Roma and 2 goals against Inter Milan in 7 years is all Wenger had to show for his kinsman Henry.
However, Ruud has scored countless times against big opposition.
Ruud scored in Bernabeu when United lost 1-3 to Real Madrid in 2002/03 and scored in the reutn leg at OT.
RVN single-handedly destroyed Lyon's unbeaten run in 2004/05 season by scoring 2 goals in France and scoring at OT.
Many Italian teams have suffered Ruud's wrath and who can forget the wonderful goal he scored in Wenger's courtyard in April 2003 when Man Utd visited Highbury. I can go on and on.

Henry can boast of more accolades cos he came from France(a country that plays exceptional football).
France has excelled as a footballing nation so whatever the country wins, Henry benefits from it.
Holland on the other hand has under-achieved in the same period and this puts any player from Holland at a disadvantage.
Check this----------Sheva has not won anything for his country but from ur analysis, Henry is better than Shevvy just because Henry is lucky to have come from France. What an analysis.

U have the right to believe what u want but i can close my eyes and name 6 different strikers that are better than TH right now.
These players have been tested and re-tested in various leagues and have justified their worth unlike TH that is stuck on the English soil.
U claim Ronaldo de Lima is the only striker above Henry but lemme tell u categorically that Ronaldo once stated that Ruud Van Nistelrooy is the best striker in Europe in the last 5 years.

I stopped reckoning with FIFA's nominations when John Terry made the World Cup tournament team ahead of Rio Ferdinand and when Cristiano Ronaldo lost out on the young player award.
FIFA's list is jaded with politics and they can go on and name whoever as the best player of the year.
The fact that Figo, Drogba and Ribery were chosen before Ruud should tell u that list is not only untrue but mis-guided.
This argument has been analysed times without number in Sports magazine in England and the conclusion was always Henry a better team player-Ruud a better goal scorer.
Henry needs to play really well to score goals whereas RVN only needs to appear in matches to score hatricks.
Scoring goals is just too natural for RVN in the manner he pokes the ball into the net.
He is the most dangerous striker in the world and lets watch where he will finish on the scorer's chart in La Liga.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by mochafella(m): 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2006
Jackal:

Put Ruud anywhere on God's green earth and he will triple his worth.

Ruud == JayZ
grin grin grin, ridiculous
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by seunspice(m): 11:26am On Oct 13, 2006
Talking of bias, i think loyika has tried his best to be impartial in buttressing his point. As per links, i do not know if all ESPN's programs are detailed online but i quoted from a program i saw on TV. I have this attitude of recording from TV to watch over again so i still have the tape.
i dig loyika's points and i have seen some of the links (although the www.rssf.com link was altogether unrelated to the object of discussion, pls check again loyika). Undoubtedly, Henry is a good player, and i repeat the very best i have seen in Arsenal colours, he is in my list of all time greats anytime anyday.
However, my conviction stands that RUUD is better. I very much appreciate Loyika and his opinion, i think he has a matured mind and a golden heart. UP RUUDY, UP HENRY
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by loyika(m): 6:10pm On Oct 13, 2006
@ Jackal

"Loyika is no doubt a comedian"

The differences between you and i are so clear, normally these statements would call for an unsavoury comment or reply, but heres where i will show my maturity, which is a big element you seem to lack. i really don't know if you were born into a household where you were insulted first thing in the morning and last thing at night before you went to bed, cause you do not know how to respect people, calling people names like "jokers", "comedians" "soccer novices/illiterates" and so on.

As for the topic at hand, we will agree to disagree as i really do not think we should bore anyone again with this, seeing that we will never agree on the issue.

Oga Mocha

What part of me saying that Ruud beats Henry in europe do you not understand (i have said it so loud, i am turning blue in the face) Thank God you agree with me Grudgingly on the Prem stats (thats why we need to put up evidence and not just make claims, if not for M Tyler you would not have accepted that either. whether marginal or not, ahead is ahead)

thats 1-1

where we are stuck is the National team stats, and here is where we will also agree to dis agree. Cause you all convienently put up the ratio issue, since that is the only way you can state that he is better than Henry 9and that is a legitemate analogy don't get me wrong) Even jackal took time to tell us the story why he doesn't play that often for Holland!? While i use goals scored (is it Henry's fault that he has featured more for France than ruud has feature for holland ) and productivity or end product of the goals. But like i said we are both right in our points, so dependimng on how you look at it, i honestly feel it could be given to either player. But you are very much entitled to hold on to your views wink cool Cheers mate.

Oga Seun

Oh well, despite everything this was an enlightening discussion, where i must say i learnt a lot, apart from the slight misunderstanding, it wasn't that bad, and arguements were made in a matured manner. We will also agree to dis agree on the final result grin cool Cheers mate.

Finally i will say Ruud is a damn good player, so is King sheva and the Ultimate Ronaldo, but i still hold on to my views on T Henry (and its not because he is a Gooner wink0

cool GOONER 89
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Jackal(m): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2006
@ Loyika,
Very funny.
I never knew the word "comedian" is offensive.
To be honest, i think u were raised in a foster home because i don't really see the fruits of a father-figure in your miserable life.
All we had in this thread was a constructive argument and i don't know why u had to stretch it to homes-it only shows the lack of extensive home-training in your household.
I will not stoop low to your level in any manner so suck ma di.ck while u are still gaping at ma comments.
Its quite appaling for a freak as old as u to be spewing balderdash but i ain't surprised by your toutish reactions.
Busters like u shine shoes at Waterloo Station.

P.S. Your hate mails are very welcome.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Akolawole(m): 12:34am On Oct 15, 2006
@Loyika and Jackal

He don do now.

I am on my knees.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by kitaun(m): 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2006
Jackal, that was pretty uncalled for, why dont you keep urself in check for once? Maybe loyika was not in the best of moods when he replied ur earlier post in a manner uncharacteristic of him but do you in replying have to start all these vulgar yarns which you seemed to have done away with after the mature manner you guys had started with?
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by kitaun(m): 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2006
Jackal, that was pretty uncalled for, why dont you keep urself in check for once? Maybe loyika was not in the best of moods when he replied ur earlier post in a manner uncharacteristic of him but do you in replying have to start all these vulgar yarns which you seemed to have done away with after the mature manner you guys had started with?
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Jackal(m): 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2006
I have kept maself in check all the while.
Is the word "comedian" offensive?
Martin Lawrence, Bill Cosby and Frank Spencer are comedians and they r proud of their profession.
How does that relate to that good-for-nothing freak talking about ma household?
When i don't like someone i don't pretend to and the next time he spews shit will be his last time.
I will have the paramedics wrap his fucking head like a Hindu.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by loyika(m): 10:39am On Oct 16, 2006
Jackal i really believe something is really wrong with you mentally, so i will not bother replying as it could become contagious.

Ask yourself this, Why is it that you are the only one on this Forum i have a problem with, look at all the discussions before you decided to join in, I, Oga Seun, Oga Mocha and Mr Olotorin were engaging in some constructive discussions. But you just had to come in with your normal insults. YOU STARTED THIS, and i remember telling you not to turn this into an Arsenal/Man U thing) but yet you still kept up with your sly remarks, first you accused me of talking Heresy, then you say i am a comedian.

Even besides your name, i put up the "cool" icon, but as usual you just can't help being you (and like i have been told privately by other Nairaland forum members, thats the way you just are, so continuing this arguement will be a waste of not only my time, but everyone else)

So lets do this can we, this is a free forum and you are allowed to post whatever you like, but Jackal please from now on do not reply anything i put up, you can reply any other person, thats your perogative, but i am appealing to you, just ignore anything i put up, and i will do like wise, cause if you don't know, thats what this whole issue has come to. I am saying this openly to you. Like i said (and have also mentioned to other memebers privately) the only reason you do this is because we are on the internet, so any one can be as silly/arrogant and abusive as they want to, Even when i started i soon realised that not everyone on the forum took kindly to sarcastic comments, so i adjusted myself so as not to offend anyone. But as i said "you have your own style" and if everyone else is used to you or just avoids getting into conmfrontations with you thats their business.

So i believe we are now on the same wave length. And your statement about liking or not liking someone, grin grin I really don't know how to reply that, the whole thing just makes me laugh.

Anyway, its just too bad, but thats the way it has to be. I hope this arrangement is ok with you as this stupid arguement is making everyone feel annoyed, i will not reply anything you post, and i hope you do like wise. I think this arrangement will suit everyone fine.

Cheers!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by loyika(m): 10:48am On Oct 16, 2006
By the way, "FRANK SPENCER" is not a name of a comedian as you claim, the name is Micheal Crawford, and Frank spencer is a character.

As tempting as it seems i will keep my words and just leave it as that. Cheers!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Akolawole(m): 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2006
@ Jackal & Loyika

Are you going for an award here?

Bad behaviour from Two good Football Brains

A good role Models cry cry cry
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by loyika(m): 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2006
Oga Kola cool

Abeg no mind me, I try to not enter silly arguements, can't really remember when last i responded to something jackal posted. But the problem is he responds to my posts, well i really do not have a problem with that, its his sly remarks that makes me want to respond to him,

please check all my posts pre-jackal coming into the discussions, and honestly tell me if i made any comments insulting Seun or Mochafella, but as usual jackal always turns everything between us into an arsenal/Man U rift, and i remember informing him to not only stop doing this, but to stick to his points and leave all the name calling and posturing for somewhere else, but as usual he doesn't listen. Tell me honestly Akola, if in any of my replies i refered to him as a comedian, do you honestly think he would not take that as an insult and respond back accordingly. You know the truth, but you act as if i am the one starting all this stuff, instead of calling him to order, Oga Olotorin actually told him to stick to his arguements and stop all the "loyika is talking heresy!! bulls@#t". But i guess you guys are tight so its easy to put the blame on someone else. Fair enough.

Anyway i have always maintained that the only reason jackal gets away with all this stuff is because we are on the net, if not all his "trash talking" would have stoped a long time ago, i mean "When i don't like someone i don't pretend to and the next time he spews shit will be his last time.
I will have the paramedics wrap his fucking head like a Hindu."
Guy don't make me laugh, but anyway its your style so no probs.

Oga Kola to stop all this, i believe that i and jackal should just avoid each other on this forum, that would be to the best interests of all involved.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Jackal(m): 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2006
Goddang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is priceless.
Who saw Ruud's goal tonight?
The character of a striker's finish and the most instinctive goal in the whole 2006.
RVN is the most clinical finisher in this millennium and his UEFA goals is still on the rise.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by kitaun(m): 12:04am On Oct 18, 2006
So why not go and post it in the appropriate threads? this your last post will only heat up the forum the more cos only a dunce won't decipher the underlying intention of your post
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by kitaun(m): 12:05am On Oct 18, 2006
So why not go and post it in the appropriate threads? this your last post will only heat up the forum the more cos only a dunce won't decipher the underlying intention of your post
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Jackal(m): 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2006
@ Kitaun,
No individual or group of fuckeries can stop me from saying ma mind.
The last time i checked, i have the freedom of speech.
If anyone's got problems with that the person can go ahead and kiss ma black-ass.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by kitaun(m): 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2006
Black-ass indeed grin grin
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by sosa08(m): 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2006
that goal was the bomb. that guy is wonderful.
please am a chelsea fan, but i appreciate good things
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by chic2pimp(m): 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2009
Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments?

I think he had quite a decent Euro 2000 Tournament. No undecided
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Walewire(m): 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2011
To the mumu that brought up this thread can someone tell him thierry henry is the highest goalscorer in the history of france .To the comparison btw RVR & HENRY ,the later has the best goals scored per minutes ratio in the history of the Epl.Igwe is head and shoulder above nisterooy[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by A40(m): 3:53am On Feb 26, 2011
SMH! Nuccas have been flaunting their ignorance and chatting via their anal canal since time immemorial 2006 undecided undecided

Out of 7 major tournaments he has only failed to score in 2! Totalling 12 goals! Why don't these simps provide strikers who have done better in recent times
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by mukina2: 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2011
i just read through the entire thread grin

memories grin grin grin two hands heads are better than one ermm grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tottenham Vs Liverpool : All You Need To Know About Champions League Final / PSG Vs Juventus UCL (2 - 1) On 6th September 2022 / Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (0 - 0) On 29th November 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.