Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

I Am Fed Up With My Black African People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Fed Up With My Black African People (1470 Views)

South African Preacher Who Fed His Congregation Snakes Arrested – Reports / Original Biblical Jews Were A Black African People : Jesus Christ Was Black / Indian God, Krishna Was a Black African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by ghostofsparta(m): 9:41am On Nov 21, 2013
@Joshthefirst and Kay17 and all Christians and muslims.

Are you guys Jews and Arabs to be adhering and passionately defending an ofshoot of Jewish and Arabic religions? I just don't get it. Don't you know that if the Europeans colonialists/missionaries and Arab jihadists who converted our fore-fathers to their religions were to be Asians Taoists, Buddhists, Shintoists and Hindus. So would you be defending the Gita and Buddha and Shiva and Confucious etc . Guys think deep. We are Africans for facts sake. We have our ancestral believe systems too, which if you don't like it for whatever reasons, it's better to be atheist than fervently embracing the believe system of another race thousands of miles away. That's why the world don't respect us because we have nothing self-identifying and unique to present.

I'm getting tired of NL everyday when I read posters (who presumably black african) strongly defend Jesus, supports Adam and Eve, defend Islam, support foreign religions that aren't ours with all their might. I always think - do these people think.

The Asians and all their paganism gave the world many things from culture/entertainment (Ninja, Naruto, Samurai etc) to technology (Konami, Sony, Samsung etc), the Scandinavians with all their pagan past and myths gave the world entertainment/culture (Thor,Vikings,Loki etc) to technology (Nokia, retention of submerged underwater vessels etc), the Arabs (investments here and there, funding satellite launches) the Jews (Uzi guns, best intelligence security) the Russians (so many too), the caucasians (Euro-america) gave the world uncountable things from Apple, BB, Xbox, Aircrafts, Vehicle, Train, Telecommunications (internet) etc etc etc . Questions what do we as A F R I C A N S contribute to the world rather than defending what isn't ours, when in fact we have so many uncountable Native Advances Sciences (juju) that we could research and technologize to appeal to a modern world.

I'm fed up.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2013
Even though from what i learnt from babalawo here that there are verses in the Otua Odu on Islam; verses on Christianity in Odu Oturupon and as well as Odu verses on Eleiye exactly the way patakis of Eegun are in Otuuuupon meji while Sango is in Okanran meji. I was asking him if other religion are false and Ifa is truth, why are most Africans follow this religions today? He told me that there are stream, purpose and time for everything. He went farther into gun, slavery and African civilization again. He said there is nothing good or bad, everybody do according to what they think is best. Bi ori ti yan niyen.

There is this Oro song which explain religion tolerance and Yoruba spirituality. I believe we need to treat everybody as family. It not necessary they worship your God. Just continue showing the light.....they might walk through the path.

I will try to gather more info about those Odu and it meaning from the baba only if he will tell me cuz the man hardly tell me stuff like that. Cheers
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by ghostofsparta(m): 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Joshthefirst: I'm sure you can do better than believing lies to justify your unbelief.

Colonialists were not missionaries.

Missionaries came way before colonialists, leaving the comfort of england and traveling to africa. They sometimes died in the thousands and still came, all in an effort to getsome news to our fore fathers. Some vital news.

Their sacrifices are not in vain on me.

Missionaries can never be colonialists, a missionaries work is to spread the gospel, not cheat and exploit the people.

Stop delibrately believing lies.

Christianity is not a jewish religion or a religion at all.

Its deeper than that.

Jesus is not just a jew. Jesus is the son of God that made paul travel around the known world in peril and persecution preaching.

Christianity is shown by lifestyle.

Jesus is no longer known according to the flesh.

Before I address your reply, I'm curious to know if you're a Jew or a Black African? Please answer the question.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by Areaboy2(m): 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
ghostofsparta: @Joshthefirst and Kay17 and all Christians and muslims.

I'm getting tired of NL everyday when I read posters (who presumably black african) strongly defend Jesus, supports Adam and Eve, defend Islam, support foreign religions that aren't ours with all their might. I always think - do these people think.

I'm fed up.

This is why i reduced my activity on NL.. makes me sad every single time
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
Area_boy:

why reduce?

Are we so weak to give up?

Our brothers and sisters are suffering from a stubborn disease. take it like that.

we must try to cure them.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by DKJaleel: 12:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by DKJaleel: 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
Area_boy:

we must not give up as Pagan 9ja rightly said, one day, they will see sense...
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
DK Jaleel:
we must not give up as Pagan 9ja rightly said, one day, they will see sense...

Must not give up
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by EyesWideOpen(m): 1:27am On Nov 23, 2013
I don't know how you guys attained such level of resolve that you broke away from the clutches of indoctrination, I can only admire you in awe. I wish I could too, but the hold is just too strong, I dread the consequence in an afterlife whose existence I can only have 'faith' in, I fear a God whose existence I can only have 'faith' in, everything is just that; 'faith'!!!!

I wish I could break away from the hold of my indoctrination, but the fear of an afterlife full of torment (aka hellfire) won't let me. I don't know if you guys can help me out? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:31am On Nov 23, 2013
EyesWideOpen: I don't know how you guys attained such level of resolve that you broke away from the clutches of indoctrination, I can only admire you in awe. I wish I could too, but the hold is just too strong, I dread the consequence in an afterlife whose existence I can only have 'faith' in, I fear a God whose existence I can only have 'faith' in, everything is just that; 'faith'!!!!

I wish I could break away from the hold of my indoctrination, but the fear of an afterlife full of torment (aka hellfire) won't let me. I don't know if you guys can help me out? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

You will be reincarnated.

stop believing in hell -fire.

Karma makes more sense.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:39am On Nov 23, 2013
Please people don't give up on the black race just yet....it may take several generations for the harm of so many centuries to be remedied.

We , the de- christianised blacks represent the future hope of our race. We must continue to bear the torch even in the face of frustrations as exemplified by the rabid idiocy and ignorance of certain posters !

I get a feeling too at times that the cerebral cortex of some people of our race has been scraped off and replaced with coal-tar...but please people don't give up.One love .
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 23, 2013
Brothers, have read alot of your posts on ogboni, african tradition and co. It took me time to accept everything i read.But is 100% true. We must retrace our step. Not that other religion is bad but ours is ours and we'll understand it better.

Please keep the good as do i. Let me have your emails brother cos have some challenges that need share with a friend.

1 Like

Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by macof(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2013
@ghost u on point.

I always preach that Africans should at least learn their ancestral spirituality before condemning it

It's one of the things dat made me leave their foreign religion because they slander and hate ancestral spirituality too much without even knowing anything about it

1 Like

Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 23, 2013
Funny how every position is touched except atheism.
I am in for real.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 23, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Even though from what i learnt from babalawo here that there are verses in the Otua Odu on Islam; verses on Christianity in Odu Oturupon and as well as Odu verses on Eleiye exactly the way patakis of Eegun are in Otuuuupon meji while Sango is in Okanran meji. I was asking him if other religion are false and Ifa is truth, why are most Africans follow this religions today? He told me that there are stream, purpose and time for everything. He went farther into gun, slavery and African civilization again. He said there is nothing good or bad, everybody do according to what they think is best. Bi ori ti yan niyen.

There is this Oro song which explain religion tolerance and Yoruba spirituality. I believe we need to treat everybody as family. It not necessary they worship your God. Just continue showing the light.....they might walk through the path.

I will try to gather more info about those Odu and it meaning from the baba only if he will tell me cuz the man hardly tell me stuff like that. Cheers
Thanks..... You see, what you have explained here is African religion in its purest form. The concept of non-exclusivity. Of legitimate multiplicity. There is no 'right' and 'wrong' religion. All paths lead to the same glorious destiny. This concept is at the very heart of African religion, and its truth has been confirmed in recent years by NDE accounts of the afterlife etc.. Ironically, the concept is probably the greatest weakness of African religion, as it attaches no punishment to 'abandoning' the faith, and offers no punishment for embracing 'other gods'. There is also no interest in proselytising. A man should be attracted to his god by natural happenstance, not by direct instigation. These foundational principles of African religion - thoroughly humanist, are what is required to be learned by the other world religions.

1 Like

Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by macof(m): 11:49am On Nov 23, 2013
ROSSIKE: Thanks..... You see, what you have explained here is African religion in its purest form. The concept of non-exclusivity. Of legitimate multiplicity. There is no 'right' and 'wrong' religion. All paths lead to the same glorious destiny. This concept is at the very heart of African religion, and its truth has been confirmed in recent years by NDE accounts of the afterlife etc.. Ironically, the concept is probably the greatest weakness of African religion, as it attaches no punishment to 'abandoning' the faith, and offers no punishment for embracing 'other gods'. There is also no interest in proselytising. A man should be attracted to his god by natural happenstance, not by direct instigation. These foundational principles of African religion - thoroughly humanist, are what is required to be learned by the other world religions.

Fear is wat pushes people away from paganism and embrace Islam/christianity

Most of them are too afraid of the fabled hell coupled wit d lies against paganism- that it's demon worship, satan worship, idol worship. Many of them now hate their own ancestors and hate being African.

Islam preaches that if u are not muslim u would go to hell

Christianity preaches if u are not Christian u would go to hell

But ATR only preaches doing wats right according to ur understanding

If only people can understand more
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by UyiIredia(m): 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
ROSSIKE: Thanks..... You see, what you have explained here is African religion in its purest form. The concept of non-exclusivity. Of legitimate multiplicity. There is no 'right' and 'wrong' religion. All paths lead to the same glorious destiny. This concept is at the very heart of African religion, and its truth has been confirmed in recent years by NDE accounts of the afterlife etc.. Ironically, the concept is probably the greatest weakness of African religion, as it attaches no punishment to 'abandoning' the faith, and offers no punishment for embracing 'other gods'. There is also no interest in proselytising. A man should be attracted to his god by natural happenstance, not by direct instigation. These foundational principles of African religion - thoroughly humanist, are what is required to be learned by the other world religions.

@ bolded: Agreed ! I will never tire to say how this simple non-exclusivity appealed to me as a young kid hearing religious debates my Dad engaged in. Then my Dad would say 'Why trouble me, all religions are a way to God,' then use an analogy of getting to a destination. Typical Christians would retort, in a seemingly humble yet arrogant fed by ignorance, that Jesus IS the only way to God.

The Christian religion, especially, is the most exclusivist and annoyingly so. African pagans, like their Middle-Eastern counterparts of old practiced religious syncretism (mixing of or copying religious aspects) to some extent. This non-exclusivity part explains why they joined Christianity and adopted it whole-heartedly. Only to start condemning their fellow former pagans.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Black African People by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
To begin with, start referring to the Gods, with a Captial G.

you have been indoctrinated by the church to refer to the Gods as "gods" to belittle them.

if you can put your own names with capitalization, then why not for the GODS, who are superior to you?

This is an example of subtle brainwash.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Happy Maulud To All Muslims / What Was The Forbidden Fruit Adam & Eve Ate? / Healing & Deliverance Testimonies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.