Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) (28321 Views)

Anambra Hospital Performs 5 Open Heart Surgeries (Photo) / National Hospital Performs Open Heart Surgery On 12 Patients / Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by dhammer(m): 9:03am On Nov 22, 2013
50calibre: Did some of you guys watch this video till the end? How can someone possibly hail this as ingenious, this is a disaster. Did anyone see the permanent large gaping holes on their heads?

People for the rest of their lives, will walk around with the possibility of their brains being fried by the sun

The gods were indeed stu*pid.
I am increasingly saddened by the types of people here on nairaland. This should be a non issue yet people are praising a murderer. Anyways when they have complicated otherwise simple cases and the shiit hits the fan they run to the modern doctors and are shocked when there is nothing they can do.
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by Infoay: 9:13am On Nov 22, 2013
Africans awo!
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by ghostofsparta(m): 9:18am On Nov 22, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Our traditional doctors are trying. But oyinbo technology is super.

You are a f00l for saying so. Can oyinbo teleport? Do they have supernatural bullet proof? Can their technology make humans become invisible? We have all that here. Thing is most apply them towards crime.

ROSSIKE:

No. The problem is that oafs like you are too busy worshipping at the altar of 'oyinbo' instead of developing and refining your own indigenous medicine to modern standards like they did with theirs. The Chinese are already perfecting their traditional medicine and are now selling it in the same west that you worship.
@bolded^
S O

ON

P O I N T

check here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1394890/real-hero-here

https://www.nairaland.com/1526015/fed-up-black-african-people

1 Like

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by deols(f): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2013
as if any of those praising him would rather a traditionalist than go to a hospital for treatment.

1 Like

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by MyJoe: 10:13am On Nov 22, 2013
50calibre: Did some of you guys watch this video till the end? How can someone possibly hail this as ingenious, this is a disaster. Did anyone see the permanent large gaping holes on their heads?

People for the rest of their lives, will walk around with the possibility of their brains being fried by the sun

The gods were indeed stu*pid.
The key word is possibility.

This not good enough and I find it quite disturning but it is NOT a disaster. I mean, if you have cancer spreading in your brain to do you in in six months and these guys mend you with their knives and banana leaves and you go on to live till old age that is something good. The head is fragile in any case, this just made it a little more. So some extra care is what is required on the part of the survivor. But, of course, this is only good WHERE no better or modern options were available.

2 Likes

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by iterator25: 10:16am On Nov 22, 2013
wtf
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:51am On Nov 22, 2013
gbosaa: Gross.....

The patients head will be open for life and wilk have to wear some protection on the head to prevent solar damage to the brain..

phuck that..Thank God for modern medicine.
The witch doctor should,ve devised some means to suture the cranium and scalp instead of tying everything up with banana ropes.

The ancients sure lived in hell.

why didnt you devise it for him

atleast he saved lives without any professional equipment.

and please dont use the term witch doctor. IT is a colonial term and is derragatory and demeaning. angry
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:52am On Nov 22, 2013
Elliotwiz1: This traditional surgery would lead to more problem. The patient would have to live the rest of his life with an open skull, imagine micro organisms gaining access directly into the brain!! Any little contact with a hard object and the brain is further damaged!! Rubbish!! It's as dumb as trying to explain homosexuality with magnets.

he pieces the skull back together, to cover the brain. and the warthog fat creates some kind of layer over the skull.
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:00am On Nov 22, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Our traditional doctors are trying. But oyinbo technology is super.

This video is very old. it does not apply to today.

this video is when there were no modern hospitals in Kenya.

1 Like

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:06am On Nov 22, 2013
Evil Brain: There's nothing particularly impressive about the video. Trepanning or trephination is one of the oldest known surgical operations known. They've found skulls more than 8000 years old in Europe with holes in them and evidence of bone healing, meaning that the subjects survived. For Africans to be celebrating something that Europeans were doing in prehistoric times and have long since abandoned doesn’t exactly paint us in a good light.

STOP EXAGGERATING .

abandoned since prehistoric times?!

the europeans were doing it upto to the Middle Ages to around the 18th Century.

and the europeans were city-dwellers, while these are people who live in the bush.

Aside from that, as a surgeon, I have some serious objections to the way the procedure is depicted in the video. For one, trepanning is only beneficial in people who have had severe trauma to the head. To do something as drastic as brain surgery for conditions like "simple headache" is totally irresponsible. They even mentioned a person in the video who had had the surgery 13 times!!! There is no excuse for opening any part of the body 13 times, no the talk of opening the skull with no antibiotics and in dirty conditions. If 2 or 3 surgeries are not enough to solve the patient's problem, it's unlikely that more will.

Any doctor that opens someone's skull 13 different times should have his licence taken away for public safety reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trepanning

You are a modern, educated surgeon who has gone through countless books to reach the position where you are.

You cant possibly compare yourself with this man.

and as a surgeon, you should know that certain headaches can be signs of tumours or cancers in the brain.

This man looks like he knows what he is doing.

1 Like

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by ziccoit: 11:24am On Nov 22, 2013
When there were no hospitals? But there were high end video equipment to record and store this charade? Tell us the herbalist was using the helpless man for experiment. Liars are liable to enter hell fire.
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:36am On Nov 22, 2013
ziccoit: When there were no hospitals? But there were high end video equipment to record and store this charade? Tell us the herbalist was using the helpless man for experiment. Liars are liable to enter hell fire.

ID.iot!

THe guy who is videotaping it is a white guy who is doing research on there AbaGusii people.

1 Like

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2013
lastmessenger: @Op next time allow the native doctor to carryout operation on your brain and see how easy it is to die.by then i can only say RIP to you.

do i belong to Kisii tribe?

stop talking nonsense.

this is is how some of our ancestors managed in the past, when we didnt have access to technology and education.

instead of appreciating their efforts and determination when they had nothing, you are just yabbing about.

1 Like

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
The keyword here is context.
In what context are we appreciating this video and the surgery?
This is a people whom the rest of the world deems sub-human with corresponding intelligence. A people whom they claim has little contribution to the world and it's progress.
These claims has been reinforced to the extent that the people themselves believe it, even though a lot of us know them to be hateful lies.

Of course that art has probably been in existence for millennia, meaning we knew of these thing and more as opposed to the lies been peddled around the world about Africa.

Now we are not reading about it but actually seeing it being done, even though it's not news to me and a whole lot of other people, I believe.

It is in this context that the video is been appreciated/hailed, whatever you feel like calling it.

Despite these, "the people" still found a way to ridicule themselves!
To what extent can one be subjugated so that when you tell him he's scum he actually believes it?
Story of the African people.

2 Likes

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

This video is very old. it does not apply to today.

this video is when there were no modern hospitals in Kenya.
ok.
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
e a ghostofsparta:

You are a f00l for saying so. Can oyinbo teleport? Do they have supernatural bullet proof? Can their technology make humans become invisible? We have all that here. Thing is most apply them towards crime.

@bolded^
S O

ON

P O I N T

check here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1394890/real-hero-here

https://www.nairaland.com/1526015/fed-up-black-african-people

You are very foolish!
In your life, anytime you come across me on this site, try to think well before you type gibberish! I made a valid point, all you could reply with is rubbish filled with African sentiment. Who told you that the Africans are not great? Are you so dumb to see that the Whites surpased us due to various reasons?
Iiimbecile!
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by obayaya(m): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
kwangi: The keyword here is context.
This is a people whom the rest of the world deems sub-human with corresponding intelligence. A people whom they claim has little contribution to the world and it's progress.
These claims has been reinforced to the extent that the people themselves believe it, even though a lot of us know them to be hateful lies.

Of course that art has probably been in existence for millennia, meaning we knew of these thing and more as opposed to the lies been peddled around the world about Africa.

Now we are not reading about it but actually seeing it being done, even though it's not news to me and a whole lot of other people, I believe.

It is in this context that the video is been appreciated/hailed, whatever you feel like calling it.

To what extent can one be subjugated so that when you tell him he's scum he actually believes it?

context is everything my dear...

this is the most reasonable comment here..

if this were some European, I'm sure "the people" will hail it as a major contribution to the development of surgery..

but since it's Africa, all our Nairaland surgeons who I'm sure they don't have 96% success rate in their surgeries with all the modern equipments and technology will be so quick to condemn it..

mediocre hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by GooseBaba: 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
kwangi: The keyword here is context.

GBAM! GBAM! GBAM!

With so much evidence around us some people still fail to SEE all they do is look. Just look around. From traditional medicine/herbs some sewer rats will call it juju and demonize it. Till this day there are Africans that say this with pride "white man brought us clothes".

I am not worried about the lies the white man tells or the white man himself. I'm super worried about the Blackman that believes the lies without hesitation.

on this Nairaland an African claims white are superior to blacks, because he read it in a holy book. Dammmmm!!!! "Blackman know yourself be confident our ancestors civilised this world (femi Kuti)

2 Likes

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by GooseBaba: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
deols: as if any of those praising him would rather a traditionalist than go to a hospital for treatment.

Epic fail ....!

Was this video recorded yesterday? And yes I will rather take herbs than take medications with vicious side effects. You condemn what you don't know and you're feeling funky..
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by Mamid: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
Whoa.., i'm definitly not watching that!
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by deols(f): 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
GooseBaba:

Epic fail ....!

Was this video recorded yesterday? And yes I will rather take herbs than take medications with vicious side effects. You condemn what you don't know and you're feeling funky..

Make sure to make a video when you go for a surgery with a traditionalist. Then, I would believe you.

and be careful with herbs..you may end up with a liver disease.
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by deols(f): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
We should differenciate pagans from traditional medicine people.

They are different from each other. those who call sango or Oya are different from those who know the herbs for malaria and the one for something else.

Still, it is safer to go to a hospital as those medications don't have doses. There are risks of liver damage from taking in toxins from those agbo and agunmu.
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by kingjohnny(m): 12:04am On Nov 23, 2013
African religion has been there for ages it is of spirituality not just our mere science

1 Like

Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by Ikem11(m): 9:37am On Nov 23, 2013
oyb: Ignorance is bad and in these days of google its a freaking shame. . . There are no pain centres in the brain. That's the real reason for no anaesthetic Google lobotomies where the frontal lobes of concious patients were stabbed with ice picks or just watch the last 30 minutes of hannibal
choi! See gramma
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by MamiWata: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2013
deols: as if any of those praising him would rather a traditionalist than go to a hospital for treatment.

I have always sought out a traditionalist before going to a hospital. Western trained doctors are trained to treat physical malady only. They do not consider the spiritual dimension at all. Because I have sometimes been unable to find an African traditionalist I have, on two occasions, been treated by Asian traditionalists. It is horribly sad that while Asians are still developing their indigenous treatments to maximize their knowledge base Africans like you are looking down on what we have as useless. But oh so typical.
Re: African Traditional-Priest Performs Brain Surgery Without Anaesthesia! (graphic) by MamiWata: 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2013
deols:

Make sure to make a video when you go for a surgery with a traditionalist. Then, I would believe you.

and be careful with herbs..you may end up with a liver disease.

You should also advise people to be careful with their pills as pharmaceutical companies have routinely put their bottom lines before patients' health. Thalidomide and many other drugs have caused more problems than they have cured.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Recounts How Carelessness Made Her Lose Her Partner At FMC, Abeokuta / Chicken Pecks Buyer To Coma In Asaba / Bad Mouth Odour And Persistent Headache. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.