Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,963 members, 7,838,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen (33409 Views)

Singer Solidstar Shares Photo Of Son He Had With A British Woman / Karen Igho-rakos Shows Off Her Baby Bump (photos) / Karen Igho Flaunts Wedding Gift Online (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by faamo419: 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
Chaiiii karen oooooo ...happy for u

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by lonelydora: 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
We don't even need people like you in Nigeria. Yeye girl! You think say u fine?
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by MacLovington(m): 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
grin
Adaobi12: Do it again, does dat change d fact,dat she ug.... It stil wnt change d fact dat u r an edo gal,a 9ja chick,african lady.

Ada Nwam, I have always suspected that you like Dr Who (time warp thingz). grin

Karen Igho as Edo girl, you have taken us back to 1400 AD (pre-migration) when her ancestors would have been Edo people.

But since we're in 2013 AD, please promptly assign her to Delta where she belongs.

I don't think Edo people are desirous of hot air balloons at the moment. grin

But you're still correct though as she's anthropologically and language wise (phililogically) Edoid.
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by sgsltd(m): 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
good for her and she want husband here
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by Chinwem(f): 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
The most pertinent question here is how did she achieve such a feat?
She's been in Nigeria all along doubt it was naturalization?? , marriage to a citizen ??

2 Likes

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by MimiMcCharly(m): 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
so, shez naw a Black American naw For her mind tongue
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by ukitony: 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2013
Get your goods and services known to a wider audience add 3-One-2 Adverts on BB: 7C521BF7
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by chonchu(m): 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2013
tpia@:
Was she born there, is her husband from there, did she invest millions in the british economy. . . . . . . . ?

#Unknowing u!!! must she meet all d requirement 2 qualify 4 d citizenship !!! mtcheeew
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by silibaba: 9:54pm On Nov 21, 2013
hw does it prevent my shit from oozing angryhw does it prevent my shit from oozing
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by MacLovington(m): 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
Chinwem: The most pertinent question here is how did she achieve such a feat?
She's been in Nigeria all along doubt it was naturalization?? , marriage to a citizen ??

That would make a good topic for a thesis. NOT.
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by chonchu(m): 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
MimiMcCharly: so, shez naw a Black American naw For her mind tongue

tongue nt american but british!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by tlops(m): 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
Mujah1deen: why are you happy for her ?
In fact I don't this thread why are you guys celebrating , why is she celebrating?
Go and ask Jonathan, who is currently receiving treatment in d UK. Just be happy for her and move on. It seems that's what she wanted and she got it. So why not celebrate an achieved"goal"?
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by Bush2013: 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Etumgbe: Karen Igho, ex-Big Brother Africa winner has dumped hre Nigerian passport for British citizenship.
The controversial reality show star announced this via her Twitter handle @karenigho this morning and invited all her friends for a drink in her home.
“I just became a citizen of the UK…I’m so happy…Drinks for everyone,” she tweeted in the early hours of today alongside a provoking bikini photo.

While announcing her good news of procuring the British red passport, Karen did not reveal how her application for the United Kingdom citizenship sailed through.
P.M.NEWS learnt that among the processes through which immigrants could become a British citizen include marriage, British parents or the most common, settling in Britain.
But Karen has been living in the UK for many years before she won the Big Brother Africa competition. And with her British red passport, she can travel almost everywhere in the world.
Karen won the 2011 Big Brother Africa’s amplified edition. She is arguably one of the most controversial but loveable Nigerian celebs on the scene.
She is an actress and on-air personality with Lagos-based Naija FM Radio.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/11/21/karen-igho-dumps-nigeria-for-british-citizenship/
ok,i pray you will not return as a dead person.
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by GetGuide: 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
RockMaxi: Nigerians voted for you to win the BBA and now you pay us back by dumping us... embarassed
abi o
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by benom(m): 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
Its just stupid how some people classify others when they choose to become citizens of another country. It is her choice and you have no influence over that. For some, it is out of jealousy but for very many others, it is out of shear illiteracy.
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 21, 2013
Na wa o.

21st century slavery. A citizen of one country celebrates citizenship of another country.

I dont blame her, nigerians in uk will love to be a citizen too.

I blame naija and africa that is filled with vagabonds
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by benom(m): 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
nutty_hnic: Na wa o.

21st century slavery. A citizen of one country celebrates citizenship of another country.

I dont blame her, nigerians in uk will love to be a citizen too.

I blame naija and africa that is filled with vagabonds

Why will you call someone a slave because they made a choice for a better life. Are you just throwing words around because they had the opportunity you never had? These people who change nationality have thought about it and how it affects their life. So you are not in the position to tell them what to do. Anyways get a book, read, and you will find out that immigration has been here since the dawn of man.

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by OKUCHI11(m): 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
HOW DIS 1 TAKE CONCERN ME NOW ...ABI E GO END D STRIKE??
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sorry for the name calling, but what am trying to say is, why cant our so called celebrities live a life worthy of a emulation? Why cant they think for once, they strive 4 uk or british citizenship, they all sorts of things 2 get dis,jst 4 d fame. Being a dual citizen doesnt change d fact,dat she aint better than dat normadic maid up north. We shuld all live our lives,bearing in mind that one day, we will gv acct. As 4 enjoyin oyibo land, light of the nation sure pass dia. Atleast i wil enjoy my ofe onugbu fresh. Enjoy d sun,walk around freely witout sum1 looking at me with disgust,calling me a black monkey. Nigeria is ma country,wil live in 9ja, marry a nigerian,die in nigeria, and buried in 9ja. FORGIVE ME 4 CALLING U DAT. Am sorry.
milychocs:

I used to like your innocent, polite ways
Berra stay like that...name calling is not so kosher

I say it again, I am happy she is having a blast while people here are hating on her
Calling a fellow human being ugly is sick in my opinion
FYI, I am not into the celebrity world, but I like Karen, deal with it
And I will not advise her, it is her life
My post had nothing to do with celebrating Britishness, lol
I hope you are based in Naija? Cos if you are in any way enjoying obodo oyibo benefits, hmmm

Her British passport will most definitely help if she ever wanna change her "ugly" face or retouch her boobs, don't you think?
Access to good medical care, so why should she not do whatever she likes?
Chai!
milychocs:

I used to like your innocent, polite ways
Berra stay like that...name calling is not so kosher

I say it again, I am happy she is having a blast while people here are hating on her
Calling a fellow human being ugly is sick in my opinion
FYI, I am not into the celebrity world, but I like Karen, deal with it
And I will not advise her, it is her life
My post had nothing to do with celebrating Britishness, lol
I hope you are based in Naija? Cos if you are in any way enjoying obodo oyibo benefits, hmmm

Her British passport will most definitely help if she ever wanna change her "ugly" face or retouch her boobs, don't you think?
Access to good medical care, so why should she not do whatever she likes?
Chai!
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
iam_idris: O buoy dis girl gather haters o

That is eh undecided
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by ICHIEMAN: 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
freakybaby: . She's a fool naaa....her face like dat of chucky's of child's play....On front page Rubbish...NEXT!!! angry
d last time I checked faces don't buy british identity.
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by ICHIEMAN: 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
faamo419: Chaiiii karen oooooo ...happy for u
my dear
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by sanspiffy(m): 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
benom:

Why will you call someone a slave because they made a choice for a better life. Are you just throwing words around because they had the opportunity you never had? These people who change nationality have thought about it and how it affects their life. So you are not in the position to tell them what to do. Anyways get a book, read, and you will find out that immigration has been here since the dawn of man.
you earn my respect for saying things the way they ought to be said not some gibberish comments made on here
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by Mujah1deen: 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
tlops:
Go and ask Jonathan, who is currently receiving treatment in d UK. Just be happy for her and move on. It seems that's what she wanted and she got it. So why not celebrate an achieved"goal"?
I can't b happy with her sorry. You mean this was actually a goal ? Pathetic
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
Airforce1: Didn't know biitch has travelled outtie africa before...

Still mgbekeish if u ask me.

You just admitted that you are not civilized and you stay in an uncivilized world! tongue

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by victorlexa(m): 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
Becoming a citizen of the UK is no
news.
You are only going there as a slave without
handcuffs. After staying as a "citizen" in the
UK for a couple of years, reality will dawn
on you that the real home for a black person
is Africa, and Nigeria in particular. This
"celebrity" status you are presently
enjoying will disappear the moment you
enter the UK, and you will become just
another "monkey" from the jungle. This is
what it has always been and this is what it
will continue to be until we Nigerians learn
to develop our country the way UK was
developed and to love it (whether for good
or bad) with all our heart. Congrats to her tho

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Adaobi12: Sorry for the name calling, but what am trying to say is, why cant our so called celebrities live a life worthy of a emulation? Why cant they think for once, they strive 4 uk or british citizenship, they all sorts of things 2 get dis,jst 4 d fame. Being a dual citizen doesnt change d fact,dat she aint better than dat normadic maid up north. We shuld all live our lives,bearing in mind that one day, we will gv acct. As 4 enjoyin oyibo land, light of the nation sure pass dia. Atleast i wil enjoy my ofe onugbu fresh. Enjoy d sun,walk around freely witout sum1 looking at me with disgust,calling me a black monkey. Nigeria is ma country,wil live in 9ja, marry a nigerian,die in nigeria, and buried in 9ja. FORGIVE ME 4 CALLING U DAT. Am sorry.

Totally..
Cheers
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
Thank you my dear. U jst hit the nail on the head. Am still waiting for miley cyrus or beyonce 2 celebrate getting a nigerian citizenship. Go develop there already developed country, and come back and tell us that nigeria is under developed. Amadioha will cum nd develop it 4 us.
victorlexa: Becoming a citizen of the UK is no news.
You are only going there as a slave without
handcuffs. After staying as a "citizen" in the
UK for a couple of years, reality will dawn
on you that the real home for a black person
is Africa, and Nigeria in particular. This
"celebrity" status you are presently
enjoying will disappear the moment you
enter the UK, and you will become just
another "monkey" from the jungle. This is
what it has always been and this is what it
will continue to be until we Nigerians learn
to develop our country the way UK was
developed and to love it (whether for good
or bad) with all our heart. Congrats to her tho
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
Still don't get it So after she became a british citizen, what nau happen? undecided
Bi.tch is still fugly! sad
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by redsun(m): 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
Most nigerian will never realize what it feels to be counted as a citizen of a functional country because they have never being citizens.Nigeria is not a country,it is a rogue state run by lawless and untouchable thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by hawtbee: 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
Since when Jos Plateau state become UK nah?

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Becoming A British Citizen by Mickeywilliams(m): 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2013
This Mgbeke..Need i say more??abeg carry those End time ballons commot here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Wish All My Children Came From One Woman – 2face Idibia / Paul Okoye On Super Falcons: “From Champions To The Street, What A Big Shame!!” / Best Dressed Nigerian Female Celebrities Of 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.