Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London (40227 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / Jonathan In Presence Of Osinbajo Receives Loud Ovations At Reedemed Camp / President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by LMAyedun(m): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
The president’s spokesperson confirmed the illness.

President Goodluck Jonathan fell ill while in London on an official visit and had to seek medical attention, his spokesperson, Reuben Abati, has said.

Mr. Jonathan is in London for a meeting of Nigeria’s Honorary International Investors’ Council.

Mr. Abati said the president became indisposed and could not be present at the opening of the meeting on Thursday.

He said the President has since been examined by competent medical practitioners and “he has been advised to rest for a few days”.

Mr. Abati did not state the ailment the president was diagnosed of or the hospital he visited.

“The Presidency wishes to assure all Nigerians that President Jonathan’s condition is nothing serious and that the medical attention he has sought is only precautionary,” the spokesperson said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/150058-breaking-jonathan-sick-receives-treatment-london.html

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by DKJaleel: 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
hehe...Jona don chop oyinbo food wey he no suppose chop..local boy forming porshh... grin

33 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by kokoA(m): 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Eyah.. Sorry o Mr. President. Hope the doctors responded to treatment on time.. grin

16 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by Jakumo(m): 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
Get well soon, Johnny B. Goode. We prayin' for you, brother, but we know you will get up on your feet and back in the saddle again.

Investors can wait. Let your delegation keep the flag flying, and most importantly of all, PLEASE approve a big-bucks contract for me, in appreciation of my kind words here today, and the healing effect they will have in Jeeeeeesus name, Amen.

Finally, Johnny, leave the ball and chain at home. There is nothing wrong with you that cannot be alleviated by some quality time spent with a leggy blonde or two that speak with that woody-inducing Essex accent.

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by UyiIredia(m): 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
Kpele Mr Presido ! You fit fly back to the country for treatment. After all fresh air dey for our health sector unlike the stale, cold winter air in London.

77 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by atikubaba(m): 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
pele.I wish u quick recovery.bt make u come back quick quick come solve all the problems wey dey wait fr u ooh.pele sho gbo.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by UyiIredia(m): 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
Kpele Mr Presido ! You fit fly back to the country for treatment. After all fresh air dey for our health sector unlike the stale, cold winter air in London.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by yunglykmine(m): 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
No Evil against you shall prosper, Mr. President.

God's speed... Quick recovery Sir.

We Love you

50 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by awodman: 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Yeah..abati beat Sahara reporters to this..before they start speculating nonsense...

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by olabukola: 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2013
Abeg no come back like yaradua ooh. GWS( get well soon)

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by LMAyedun(m): 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
awodman: Yeah..abati beat Sahara reporters to this..before they start speculating nonsense...
LOL!!! grin

Is Abati now a born again? Telling us the truth this time.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by yunglykmine(m): 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
awodman: Yeah..abati beat Sahara reporters to this..before they start speculating nonsense...
Expect Sahara reporters to give us the nature of Oga's illness... Maybe Malaria, typhoid or HI*V lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by buoye1(m): 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
All na fresh air.....But I wish him a quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by livingstoneony(m): 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
quench

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by taharqa: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
Another 'News' item for the next one week for the dogs....

GSS (Get Strong Soon, Mr President).

Amen.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by livingstoneony(m): 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
pls die there....

21 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by gurnam: 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
yunglykmine: No Evil against you shall prosper, Mr. President.

I Love you

I've fixed it for you....thank me later.

23 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by Sirniyeh(m): 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nigerians wake-up! This is a ploy of Northerners as retarliation on Yara'dua's death. Watch out. I'm giving you the authentic that Notherners want to instal SAMBO before 2015 to continue till indefinite time.
I've had the preknowledge of Mr. President illness but it will be difficult to believe if I post online because I'm not a celebrity or a bishop or Alfa!
Nigerians please be watchful...as soon as Gej returns, he should sack all the kitchen staff as North is set to revenge the death of Yaradua.
It's not under compulsion to believe this... A word is enough for the.....

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by eagleeye2: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
GEJ,
Please come back to Naija and treat yourself. You guys should stop all these "Die abroad and buried in Nigeria." Afterall Nigeria is not a burial ground.
NB
Abeg get well ohh, my Shoeless GEJ.

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by gurnam: 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2013
livingstoneony: pls die there....

Never wish another human being dead....no matter your level of disaffection. NEVER!

33 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by Toktee(m): 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
taharqa:
Another 'News' item for the next one week for the dogs....

GSS (Get Strong Soon, Mr President).

Amen.
Ur oldman too read the news,so what is his name?

15 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by ballabriggs: 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
Better way of communicating, away from the olumba olumba strategy which Abati adopted.

Disclose and not conceal information. When information leaks it becomes difficult to manage, you then foolishly send lapdogs to spin when the damage has been done. How foolish.

I am sure Abati being a professional knew this all the while but the nkwobi he wanted to grab made him lose it.

I must commend him here as he seems to be learning. But that does not change the fact that ABATI IS A VERY UGLY MAN.

15 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by gurnam: 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
Toktee: Ur oldman too read the news,so what is his name?

grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by idupaul: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
yunglykmine: No Evil against you shall prosper, Mr. President.

We Love you

What Evil gat to do with this .. The president is suffering from mild Alcohol poisoning from last nights Birthday Binge and I wonder why u are blaming evil

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by gbanikiti(m): 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
Abati, thank you for not lying about the state of health of our president. It would have been foolish if Sahara Reporters told us first only to be denied by the presidency.

Wishing him speedy recovery! cool

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by taharqa: 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
Toktee: Ur oldman too read the news,so what is his name?

What is the name of that new Drug you are using, guy??

Plz, check the composition of the Active Ingredients, and get ready to sue the 'doctor' who prescribed it for irreparable brain damage..

You may thank me later.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has checked into a hospital in London

Mr. Jonathan, who travelled to the United Kingdom for a meeting of Nigeria’s Honorary International Investors’ Council, “became indisposed,” spokesman Reuben Abati said in a statement, “and could not be present at the opening of the meeting today.”

The statement added that Mr. Jonathan was examined by competent medical practitioners who advised him to rest for a few days.

“The Presidency wishes to assure all Nigerians that President Jonathan’s condition is nothing serious and that the medical attention he has sought is only precautionary,” Mr. Abati said.

Participants at the Investor's Council meeting at Hilton Hotel in London said they became worried when Mr. Jonathan failed to show up during a scheduled opening speech at the packed event paid for by the Nigerian government. Lady Linda Chalker later anchored the event without Mr. Jonathan.

A presidency source however told Saharareporters that there was heavy birthday party thrown to celebrate the President's 56th birthday at his Presidential suite in the InterContinental Hotel in London that lasted till early this morning. It could not be ascertained if Mr. Jonathan drank too much at the party.

It would be recalled that last year in Addis Ababa, Mr. Jonathan failed to show up to give his scheduled address at the 50th anniversary of the African Union.

On a previous visit to London, he also checked into a hospital.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-misses-investor%E2%80%99s-council-meeting-after-falling-ill-checks-london-hospi

Ogogoro!

16 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by gbanikiti(m): 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
Prof Corruption:
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-misses-investor%E2%80%99s-council-meeting-after-falling-ill-checks-london-hospi

Ogogoro!
LOL! I didn't even read that part. I hope he's not having running stomach too. Chai!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by jimmysho(m): 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
Immediately I saw the notification, I bursted into laughter and 3 years old son asked " what is that" I replied with a song:

Ogogoro se e lese kokan mi o

Ohun to wu e lofowore ra

kokanmi o

23 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Receives Treatment In London by takedat(m): 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2013
hangover no good grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

MC Oluomo May Be Flown Abroad For Treatment / Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP / Photos Of Desmond Elliot At Sanwoolu's Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.