Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,611 members, 7,827,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. (2089 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. by ifycool(m): 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
Good day my good people of Nairaland. i need your candid advice.

i drive a golf4 car, it sometimes show the engine oil alert on my dashboard. this is the car that i serviced on the 25th of Oct, 2013. i have checked the gauge to see if the oil short, but its in full gauge.

when this happens, i have to stop the car, switch off my ignition and then on again before it will stop.

Please Mr Siena and the Car Doctor, kindly assist your brother as am new on this forum.

God bless you all.
Re: Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
ifycool: Good day my good people of Nairaland. i need your candid advice.

i drive a golf4 car, it sometimes show the engine oil alert on my dashboard. this is the car that i serviced on the 25th of Oct, 2013. i have checked the gauge to see if the oil short, but its in full gauge.

when this happens, i have to stop the car, switch off my ignition and then on again before it will stop.

Please Mr Siena and the Car Doctor, kindly assist your brother as am new on this forum.

God bless you all.

If it were my car I would not drive it until I find the cause.

I would start by making sure that the oil pressure sending gauge is not faulty or have faulty wiring.
Re: Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. by chikasin4(m): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
Guy ur oil pump is faulty, u better send it to mechanic as soon as possible before ur engine go park.
Re: Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
Yes, have your oil pressure switch checked to save your engine--and car from fire.
Re: Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. by ifycool(m): 8:40am On Nov 22, 2013
Thanks guys i really appreciate this so much. God bless u all. On my way to see the mechanic right now....

But another issue with this car of mine that i want the advice of my good people of the house is that for sometimes now, i dont make use of my car AC, when ever i switched on the AC, after sometime i will hear a vibrating sound on the engine that will mount pressure on the car movement. this sound and pressure only stops whenever i switch off the AC.

i was told by mechs and technicians that have checked and observed this issue that the problem is from the cooling AC fan inside the car or cockpit (the one inside the dashboard console) we bought and replaced it with another fan, same issue continue. but am thinking the issue is coming from the AC compressor.

Can someone please tell me what the issue could be so that i sort this problem once and for all.

Thanks in anticipation for your response.
Re: Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. by Cuzz: 9:40am On Nov 22, 2013
I had such problem bf and d issue was to service my carburetor and d problem was solved.
Re: Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. by lonelydora: 10:52am On Nov 22, 2013
That's the common problem with volkswagen, once u change ur oil switch or work on it, it will continue to show that oil alert light and sometimes make a hissing sound. Even if u change the switch, it will still contiue. Not that there is no oil in the engine. I keep wondering why Germans would make such mistakes.
Re: Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
Cuzz: I had such problem bf and d issue was to service my carburetor and d problem was solved.

The Volkswagen Golf IV does not have a carburetor, it's fuel injected.
Re: Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
lonelydora: That's the common problem with volkswagen, once u change ur oil switch or work on it, it will continue to show that oil alert light and sometimes make a hissing sound. Even if u change the switch, it will still contiue. Not that there is no oil in the engine. I keep wondering why Germans would make such mistakes.

The Germans don't make mistakes. The owners of German cars make the mistakes of taking their cars to unqualified grease monkeys, who don't know one end of a spanner from the other.
Re: Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. by eagleeye2: 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
Siena:

The Germans don't make mistakes. The owners of German cars make the mistakes of taking their cars to unqualified grease monkeys, who don't know one end of a spanner from the other.
Siena,
Bro, I need your help here
www.nairaland.com/1527701/please-need
Re: Help, My GOLF 4 Sometimes Show Engine Oil Alert On Dashboard While Driving.. by cardoctor(m): 1:10am On Nov 23, 2013
Wrong type of oil filter.

If the problem wasn't there before the service was done then its most likely that your mechanic fitted the wrong type of oil filter. The symptoms you described is typical of the wrong oil filter fitted which restricts flow of oil.

Compare with removed old filter and observe the differences in design. Try fitting the old one back and observe before stripping the engine down to change oil pump or switch.

Car-Doctor.

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Altima 2003 Or Maxima 2002 / Foreign Used Toyota Venza 2009 Model AWD VTT - 1 For Sale / Is It Advisable? Nairaland Expertise Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.