Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily (7059 Views)

How To Pray Five Times A Day / Is It Allowed To Pray Taraweeh? / Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by iamteekaygal(f): 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
deols: If you have always prayed, you will just feel it when it is time for prayers.

It is all about commitment and the fear of God.

If you get fears and keep late nights because you have exams, that only get you something ephemeral..how then would you ferl about getting something eternal??

You are so on point!
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by Lilimax(f): 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
Edoboy1: ..lol, I like your way. You didn't insult or offend any body, you just simply made a simple comment, lovely.........
smiley
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by Muttex(m): 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2013
It is laziness and work atimes

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by Ajibel(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
Kcfun: Even some muslim are ashame to be called with there muslim name*I'm proud to be a muslim*MUH QOZIM AKINADE

I'm not ashamed at being called by my muslim name buh i prefer my yoruba name to be my 1st name and my islamic name comes in the middle.
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by Narcotics(m): 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
I think the right question should be: Why do we find it difficult to love one another?
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by isalegan2: 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
Good thread.

We've asked this question, and discussed it numerous times, before. I think Deols (who is not lax in any way smiley ) makes a good point, i.e., those who always observed 5 salahs will find it odd once they start skipping. Conversely, those who never made it a part of their daily activities have to work their way up to that level. embarassed

Ptoocool:
Na wetin dem ask yhu be dat??

lol. It's his thread, you know. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by maclatunji: 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju: Since my first comment has been deleted, let me ask a simple question;

Why do we have to pray 5 times?! Isnt once or twice enough?

The first point is that the word "prayer" used to describe the 2nd pillar of Islam, Solat is quite incorrect. It is an act of worship not really "prayer" as in supplication for the things you want from God which is "du'a" in Islam corrupted to "adura" in Yoruba.

To the extent of the misconception, it is wrong to think that Islam says you should ask God for what you want "5" times a day only.

You can make as many supplications as you want in a day, it is solat that you have to perform 5 times a day.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by baba11(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
work!work!!work!!!If you live and work in Lagos,u'll understand better.
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by paschalndidi(m): 5:09am On Nov 23, 2013
Correction: why do some Muslims find it difficult to pray 5 times in a day? Because i not obligated to pray 5 times in a day
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 23, 2013
mystical10: guy u no get job, five times ke, if u re a banker were do u fine dt kind time.naijas re jobless dts y u see thm praying everytime.go fin smtin doing, i calld it lizness

it doesn't matter what kind of job U do,if u want to serve God U will. And U, where are U from? Congo or Zimbabwe? It drives me crazy when some broke a$ss toilet scrubbing illegal immigrants like U come here and say Naijas are jobless or lazy. Nigga,I swear to God,u dont have half the job an average naija resident got. Forget anything,im not rich but I sure would feed U without hassle and I am a "lazy" religious Nigerian who lives in Nigeria.. Mtschewwww..

if u doubt me,I fit give u ma number o,make we take shoulder nack outside here o.. ode oshi
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by Kcfun(m): 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2013
i have work in different company in which i pray @ every salat time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by Okijajuju1(m): 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
maclatunji:

The first point is that the word "prayer" used to describe the 2nd pillar of Islam, Solat is quite incorrect. It is an act of worship not really "prayer" as in supplication for the things you want from God which is "du'a" in Islam corrupted to "adura" in Yoruba.

To the extent of the misconception, it is wrong to think that Islam says you should ask God for what you want "5" times a day only.

You can make as many supplications as you want in a day, it is solat that you have to perform 5 times a day.

So solar is a routine..

That is to say, it's repetitive. You don't get to vary it in terms of what you say abi? Like a recital you have to do 5 times daily, is that correct?
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by deols(f): 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

So solar is a routine..

That is to say, it's repetitive. You don't get to vary it in terms of what you say abi? Like a recital you have to do 5 times daily, is that correct?

There are supplications you say in it that don't have to be repetitive.

In fact the chapters of the Qur'an recited apart from the fathiah are your choice to make.

special favour asking too..Those are your prerogative.
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by babylolaroy(f): 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ptoocool:

Na wetin dem ask yhu be dat??
lol. yu didnt look well. na d writer of op dey continue his talk like dat
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by baba11(m): 8:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
Kcfun: i have work in different company in which i pray @ every salat time.
.....Maybe it's not in lagos.If you are working in lagos island and you are staying in mainland,if you pray subhi,zuhr and asr,their's no possible of praying mogrib and ishai.Let say you close by 5pm from office,it might be btw 10 and 11:30pm before you reach home,so you might not pray atimes because of being tired and your ability to want to sleep on time for the succeeding day's work!!!
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by maclatunji: 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

So solar is a routine..

Solat is not a recital, it encompasses physical movements, like standing, sitting, prostration and recitation of chapter 1 of the Qur'an and other parts as you deem fit.

Limited on phone at the moment, will try to post a video later, Godwilling.
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by babylolaroy(f): 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
baba11: .....Maybe it's not in lagos.If you are working in lagos island and you are staying in mainland,if you pray subhi,zuhr and asr,their's no possible of praying mogrib and ishai.Let say you close by 5pm from office,it might be btw 10 and 11:30pm before you reach home,so you might not pray atimes because of being tired and your ability to want to sleep on time for the succeeding day's work!!!
are yu kidding me¿?. are yu trying to find excuse for skipping salah?..come on man, its not worth it!!! your work and all its proceeds wont follow you to ur grave. create time to worship Allah at the RIGHT TIME not even at a later time. Even if a muslim finds it soo hard to do an act of ibadah more so the first one, you shudnt be proud of it by challenging odas to come be in ur shoes or cum try ur job. it sounds like you are not sorry or sober for missing salah

inshaaAllah, i pray Allah make it easy for you, me and the entire ummah

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by deols(f): 5:45am On Nov 25, 2013
babylolaroy:
are yu kidding me¿?. are yu trying to find excuse for skipping salah?..come on man, its not worth it!!! your work and all its proceeds wont follow you to ur grave. create time to worship Allah at the RIGHT TIME not even at a later time. Even if a muslim finds it soo hard to do an act of ibadah more so the first one, you shudnt be proud of it by challenging odas to come be in ur shoes or cum try ur job. it sounds like you are not sorry or sober for missing salah

I was surprised too.

zhur and asr can be brought together in situations like this. But I dont know of maghrib and Ishai..

He should not keep on giving excuses. That is bad.
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by Okijajuju1(m): 8:06am On Nov 25, 2013
@Deols & Maclatunji

Mucho Gracias..

My boss is a Muslim and it will be nice to understand his religion a lil bit better.
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by maclatunji: 8:13am On Nov 25, 2013
Okija_juju: @Deols & Maclatunji

Mucho Gracias..

My boss is a Muslim and it will be nice to understand his religion a lil bit better.

No problemo.
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by pelepeleb: 11:18am On Nov 25, 2013
let us realy face the reality, do we realy love God, if yes, then we will not have any dificulty in talking with God because prayer talking with God. God is our friend that we will always want to talk with not five times but ALL the time. I hope you see the way i am seeing?
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by Okijajuju1(m): 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
maclatunji:

No problemo.

Wait o!

What is the protocol for a Non-Muslim to attend mosque?
My boss sort of invited me passively once and I wasnt too sure how to accept his invite, although my curiosity to attend is pretty strong.
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by deols(f): 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Wait o!

My boss sort of invited me passively once and I wasnt too sure how to accept his invite, although my curiosity to attend is pretty strong.

There is none.

Just remember to remove your shoes b4 stepping in grin
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by Okijajuju1(m): 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
deols:

There is none.

Just remember to remove your shoes b4 stepping in grin

And what about the kneeling, abulution, bead counting, recitals, e.t.c, e.t.c, e.t.c?!

And I dont understand a word or Arabic, except 1,2,3...
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by deols(f): 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

And what about the kneeling, abulution, bead counting, recitals, e.t.c, e.t.c, e.t.c?!

You don't have to do all that. As a non-Muslim, they are not beneficial to you. Is your boss specific about what is going on at the mosque? Is it a lecture or prayer session?
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by baba11(m): 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
babylolaroy:

.....Allah'll make it easy for us all!!!
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by maclatunji: 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Wait o!

You might find this useful http://www.islamhelpline.com/node/257
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by Okijajuju1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
maclatunji:

You might find this useful http://www.islamhelpline.com/node/257

I will check it out.

Thanks
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by isalegan2: 11:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
maclatunji:

Solat is not a recital, it encompasses physical movements, like standing, sitting, prostration and recitation of chapter 1 of the Qur'an and other parts as you deem fit.

Limited on phone at the moment, will try to post a video later, Godwilling.

Here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kTd7q1zjE

Okija_juju:

Wait o!

Okija_juju:

Some Masjids (especially in USA) have chairs to the side for older people who can't kneel, and for guests not doing Salat, the prayers.
Re: Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily by maclatunji: 9:59am On Nov 26, 2013
^ Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Abraham Succeed Making His Family Muslims? / I Just Converted From Christianity To Islam,I also need your prayers for good he / Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.