Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (202395 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 04, 2013
nerodenero: Few summary of Faggae's submissions as aired by Kaakaki, AIT
1. Government should have continued with talks of the high-handed way it has adopted.
2. The conditions we gave are not new
3. President Jonathan has committed to paying the 30 Billion earned allowance and the balance therefore.
4. The Ultimatum will not break us, the approach used in the Military regime should be different from now.
5. To prevent the problems of the past, Government should make the money available so that Universities can draw from it.
I guess you can see ASUU President dodging questions:
1. He was asked that if its true that most of the demands can actually be achieved without FG through the use of internal generated funds, e.g acceptance fees, pre degree stuffs buh instead he was talking about hostels shits.
2. He was asked what they (ASUU) can achieve with 200B in less than 4weeks to the end of 2013, yet he dodged the question again.
3. The AIT girls saw that those demands he argued that wasn't new where actually new buh He wan change am for them. Etc
4. He was also asked that what is the hope of Nigeria students before this year ends, he yet again didn't answer the question.

This man is too determined to ruin us (students).......... I don't know where he got his ideology from...... Mtchewww

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nerodenero: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2013
sahedorf:
1. He was asked that if its true that most of the demands can actually be achieved without FG through the use of internal generated funds, e.g acceptance fees, pre degree stuffs buh instead he was talking about hostels shits.
2. He was asked what they (ASUU) can achieve with 200B in less than 4weeks to the end of 2013, yet he dodged the question again.
3. The AIT girls saw that those demands he argued that wasn't new where actually new buh He wan change am for them. Etc
4. He was also asked that what is the hope of Nigeria students before this year ends, he yet again didn't answer the question.

This man is too determined to ruin us (students).......... I don't know where he got his ideology from...... Mtchewww
That is the problem. When two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers. Unfortunately, the grass being the students are not only suffering, it is just a matter of time before students wither.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Emmy9ite(m): 9:46am On Dec 04, 2013
sahedorf:

I thought I was the only one that noticed how he was dodging question. He kept on talking about the former Mou. Those demands are new as far as they weren't discussed in the last meeting. He should keep deceiving himself!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mvem(m): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2013
mubbyzhe: @mvem, ppl cn gt phD without bein a lecturer at al, or av u 4gotten d no of phD holder dt applied 4 d post of dangote's trailer driver so dere a many phD holder out dere o... u cn only talk of professor, nd govt wl hire dm 4rm outsyd Nigeria... #Lobatan...
....If u hire a phD holder dat has no teaching experience he will start from lecturer2 or lecturer1....You have to understand d university system ....so dere wont be senior lecturer
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 9:50am On Dec 04, 2013
sahedorf:

thanks boss,thought i was d only one that noticed..for d first tym,im in support of fg..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 04, 2013
mvem: ....If u hire a phD holder dat has no teaching experience he will start from lecturer2 or lecturer1....You have to understand d university system ....so dere wont be senior lecturer
Yeah, i knw, bt hw do u thnk dy employed lecturers 4 d new universities created?? nd some nigerians in diaspora wu a qualified wl cum as wel as qualified ppl 4rm anoda countries, nd nt al of dm wl b sackd, as some had resumed, nd some wl stil resume, only d stubborn ones wl b dismissed
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mikkiano(m): 10:17am On Dec 04, 2013
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mvem(m): 10:19am On Dec 04, 2013
mubbyzhe: Yeah, i knw, bt hw do u thnk dy employed lecturers 4 d new universities created?? nd some nigerians in diaspora wu a qualified wl cum as wel as qualified ppl 4rm anoda countries, nd nt al of dm wl b sackd, as some had resumed, nd some wl stil resume, only d stubborn ones wl b dismissed
....Guy most lecturer in d new university were staffs of oda universities dat just transfer der services.....for example d new V.C of d new katsina university was former V.C. of university of Maiduguri....Dey can get new staff as new employees dat re assistant lecturer or lecturer2 dats dose with der B.sc and M.sc.....But d profs amd drs are from oda universities
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by osaman2011: 10:31am On Dec 04, 2013
Download & listen to the AIT Interview with ASUU President this morning. Click here to download »» http:///30i2Jz ... UNICAL RESUMES ... Leave your comments
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tunex23: 10:32am On Dec 04, 2013
Wole Soyinka Said ''the greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism" Student speak out!!! gain your freedom #MADA

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by hecxy: 10:46am On Dec 04, 2013
the federal government just paid the 200 billion naira to the cbn opened account,earlier this morning...and according to nasir fagge ,until payment is done...d strike ll not be called off.,...now that d payment have bein made,we expecting positive response from ASUU grin grin smiley grin grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ifeanyija(m): 11:15am On Dec 04, 2013
FG to pay lecturers that comply
http://www.informationng.com/2013/12/fg-ready-to-
pay-salary-arrears-of-lecturers-who-comply-with-
resumption-ultimatum-nuc.html
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by dapreacher(m): 11:26am On Dec 04, 2013
Fg's not honest..but ASUU isn't either...before the ultimatum, Fage was always dodging press conferences and holding secret cult meetings with his people..now all of a sudden he's on channels yesterday, ait today being 'open' *sigh* corruption err'where

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 11:27am On Dec 04, 2013
ASUU may call off strike today

Source: ME grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by timisnup(m): 11:36am On Dec 04, 2013
Pat £inst£in:
ASUU may call off strike today

Source: ME grin
Dreamer
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Samgreguc(m): 11:56am On Dec 04, 2013
complete1: ok,lets see how it goes wen we resume

okey: keep doing your good work.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by qk: 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
ASUU strike update: FG reveals it has now paid N200 billion to striking Union

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Doyin Okupe has confirmed that the N200 billion demanded by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has been paid.

The money was paid into an account with the CBN and is meant for renewal of infrastructure facilities in public universities in the country, Okupe explained.

The move which was announced earlier today was just in time before the expiration of the December 4 ultimatum given by the Federal Government to members ASUU who were told to resume classes or be sacked.

Okupe paid the payments public on the Channels Television programme ‘Sunrise Daily’ adding that everything that needed to be done has been done and whether the strike would be called off or not now lies in the hands of the leadership of ASUU.

http://www.ynaija.com/ASUU-update-fg-reveals-it-has-now-paid-n200-billion-to-ASUU/
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by chalxdon(m): 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
complete1: Finally i got back to port harcourt because i heard a meeting might hold and for sure i was there when d meeting came to conclusion UNIPORT pulls out of the strike
So, you school in Uniport?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
chalxdon: So, you school in Uniport?
yes i do,ani tin for me smiley
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tunex23: 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
ASUU strike: Federal government
extends ultimatum
58 minutes ago
Abuja - The Federal Government on
Monday extended the deadline for
striking university lecturers to resume
work to December 9.
The government had earlier ordered the
striking members of the Academic Staff
Union of Universities (ASUU) to resume
work on December 4.
The Executive Secretary of the National
Universities Commission (NUC), Prof.
Julius Okojie, announced the new date
while addressing journalists in Abuja on
Tuesday.
Okojie explained that the government
decided to shift the deadline after it
received notification of Prof. Festus
Iyayi's funeral rites slated for between
December 5 and 7.
Iyayi, former President of ASUU, died on
November 12 in auto crash in Lokoja on
his way to attend the association’s
meeting in Kano.
According to Okojie, the decision is also
to avoid a situation where government
and ASUU will have to deal with the
ultimatum during the funeral of the
former ASUU President.
“We just received information that the
burial rites of Festus Iyayi begins on the
December 5 and would last till December
7.Based on this information, government
decided to shift the resumption deadline
to December 9, to enable lecturers to
participate in the burial.”
The executive secretary said the directive
had been communicated to the various
universities Governing Councils and Vice
Chancellors for onward transmission to
the academic staff.
Okojie added that there was no intention
to victimise any lecturer for participating
in the strike.
He said the victimisation clause which
members of ASUU were using to
discredit the government, never came up
when the unionists met with President
Goodluck Jonathan on November 4.
On the N200billion Revitalisation Fund
which ASUU wanted government to
disburse within two weeks, Okojie said
the money had been deposited in an
account in the Central Bank of Nigeria.
He explained that the money could not
be disbursed based on ASUU's demand
because it was meant for capital
projects.
According to Okojie, the order does not
require students to commence lectures
immediately.
He said any lecturer who resumed work
after the expiration of the new deadline
would not have his or her salary arrears
paid.
Okojie said government, as employer of
labour, could not fold its arms while the
institutions remained shut at the
detriment of students.

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/ASUU-strike-Federal-government-extends-ultimatum-20131204
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by smithutomi: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
osaman2011: Download & listen to the AIT Interview with ASUU President this morning. Click here to download »» http:///30i2Jz ... UNICAL RESUMES ... Leave your comments
plz resend d ait interview link.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Mbatagr82(m): 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
FG's Words and Translations: When you hear us say WE HAVE means we are planning to. WE WILL means it will take a long time. WE MAY means Na Today? WE WILL SOON means you go wait sotay..... So dear ones try and understand whom you are dealing with.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 12:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
I just dey laff,we r just disturbing ourselves in dis country n ASUU dey disturb me too. Our country no good,leaders too bad, n u dey disturb dem for sch improvement wen deir juju say mk dem cripple our economy, una neva start to dey fite,abeg i go dey manage d school like dat. If corruption no comot for naija 50% (at least), anybody wen dey form fite just dey fite to disturb himsef n dose wen dey around am.
Thnk u
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by toideve(m): 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
odizeey: I just dey laff,we r just disturbing ourselves in dis country n ASUU dey disturb me too. Our country no good,leaders too bad, n u dey disturb dem for sch improvement wen deir juju say mk dem cripple our economy, una neva start to dey fite,abeg i go dey manage d school like dat. If corruption no comot for naija 50% (at least), anybody wen dey form fite just dey fite to disturb himsef n dose wen dey around am.
Thnk u

Your welcome
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Funpeter: 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
O our God, will you not judge them (ASUU and Fg)? We have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us (student and parent). We do not know what to do,but our eyes are upon you.

AND THE LORD SAYS

listen student and all those who are involved including parent and Nigeria! This is what the Lord says to you: 'Do not be Afraid or discourage of this vast army (ASUU and Fg). For the battle is not yours, but God's.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Richydos(m): 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
I keep pondering is it not dxme dis ASUU dat refuses 2 talk 2 da public dat has got itx back all dis while N now dat da masses are shifting reasoning 2 da FG they ASUU nw run 2 all da TV stations spitting rubbish outta em kunu IQ....dey were busy mourning their dead patriots 4 a wk even as d strike lingers 4 mnthx n dey came up with a hide n seek nec meeting wher dey refuse saying anything....N nw dat d govt is applying confrontation measures which is also 1 of da means of resolving conflict they ASUU are terming it threats n victimization.......4 heaven sake if da studx mst speak where are all da improvements in our universities even with all da strike ASUU has been embarking frm years back or was it dat prev govt dnt give em money 4 dev Watx happening 2 da monies which they generate internally N da so called ASUU will keepin pooin thrash dt dey are fyting 4 studx wen even d studx knw da simple truth in our various universities.....ASUU has been striking 4 yrx for dxme reason n still nothing is achieved n who sayz ASUU won't go anoda strike even if FG implements all em demandx nw u shud knw dtx day dreaming.....ASUU aka strike baron spare us ur baby cry n get bck 2 class
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Adolak(m): 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
tunex23:
ASUU strike: Federal government
extends ultimatum
58 minutes ago
Abuja - The Federal Government on
Monday extended the deadline for
striking university lecturers to resume
work to December 9.
The government had earlier ordered the
striking members of the Academic Staff
Union of Universities (ASUU) to resume
work on December 4.
The Executive Secretary of the National
Universities Commission (NUC), Prof.
Julius Okojie, announced the new date
while addressing journalists in Abuja on
Tuesday.......................................He said any lecturer who resumed work
after the expiration of the new deadline
would not have his or her salary arrears
paid.

Okojie said government, as employer of
labour, could not fold its arms while the
institutions remained shut at the
detriment of students.

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/ASUU-strike-Federal-government-extends-ultimatum-20131204
Now, that bolded part is the real threat that will make them call off the strike soon

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by chalxdon(m): 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
complete1: yes i do,ani tin for me smiley
Nothing. Just wanted to know
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tunex23: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
Adolak: Now, that bolded part is the real threat that will make them call off the strike soon
would have been but was not stipulated
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Lilly001(m): 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Monday 2nd Dec-Sunday 15th Dec 2013(2weeks): Completion of registration for old and new students
Monday 16th Dec- Sat. 21st Dec 2013(1week): Printing/Issuance of Dockets for Examination.
Monday 23rd Dec. 2013- Sunday 5th Jan. 2014(2weeks): Christmas/New year break
Monday 6th January- Friday 24th Jan. 2014(3weeks): Conclusion of Lectures/ Revision.
Monday27th January-Friday 24th Jan. 2014(2weeks) : Examination in all Faculties.
Monday 10th Feb- Sat 15th Feb. 2014(1week): Examination in all core courses in faculty of Education.
Saturday 15th Feb,2014: Students Depart/ End of Session.
Monday 6th Jan. 2014-Sat 15th Feb. 2014(6weeks): DLI Residential Programme Commences(to run concurrently with regular programme)
Saturday. 15th Feb 2014: DLI students depart.
Thursday 13th Mar. 2014(4weeks after exams): Consideration of Results by because commences.
Wednesday 26th March, 2014: Senate meeting for consideration of results.
Monday 3rd Mar. 2014( Holiday): Proposed date of resumption, 2013/2014
‪#‎ UNILAG‬
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Lilly001(m): 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Monday 2nd Dec-Sunday 15th Dec 2013(2weeks): Completion of registration for old and new students
Monday 16th Dec- Sat. 21st Dec 2013(1week): Printing/Issuance of Dockets for Examination.
Monday 23rd Dec. 2013- Sunday 5th Jan. 2014(2weeks): Christmas/New year break
Monday 6th January- Friday 24th Jan. 2014(3weeks): Conclusion of Lectures/ Revision.
Monday27th January-Friday 24th Jan. 2014(2weeks) : Examination in all Faculties.
Monday 10th Feb- Sat 15th Feb. 2014(1week): Examination in all core courses in faculty of Education.
Saturday 15th Feb,2014: Students Depart/ End of Session.
Monday 6th Jan. 2014-Sat 15th Feb. 2014(6weeks): DLI Residential Programme Commences(to run concurrently with regular programme)
Saturday. 15th Feb 2014: DLI students depart.
Thursday 13th Mar. 2014(4weeks after exams): Consideration of Results by because commences.
Wednesday 26th March, 2014: Senate meeting for consideration of results.
Monday 3rd Mar. 2014( Holiday): Proposed date of resumption, 2013/2014
‪#‎ UNILAG‬

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / Unilorin Admission 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.