Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA (13537 Views)

Gang Rapes Rev. Sister, Kidnaps 10 Rev. Fathers, Pastors In Enugu / 15 Children Raped By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA / 14-Yr-Old Molested By Three Men Who Claim She Is A Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by ceo4eva: 8:41am On Nov 22, 2013
THE International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) has decried the high rate of child abuses and defilement in the South-East geo-political zone of the country, saying that about 15 children in Enugu State alone were raped by their fathers between July and November, this year.

Chairperson of FIDA, Enugu State branch, Nkiru Ugwu-Nwabueze, stated this, on Thursday, during the opening of FIDA Week 2013 in Enugu.

Ugwu-Nwabueze, who expressed regret that the children were defiled by those they call uncles, brothers, advised parents to always give their female children sex education to enable them know some sensitive parts of the body.

According to her, among recent cases which FIDA swung into action to obtain justice was the defilement of a three-year-old girl by her biological father.

She disclosed that the evil father defiled his three-year-old child while changing her pampers, adding that the father, after committing the crime, claimed that his wife, who might have raised the alarm, was mad.

Ugwu-Nwabueze further averred that after investigations carried out by FIDA officials, it was discovered the suspect actually defiled her daughter and that his wife, whom he claimed was mad, only had minor challenges after birth.

She also disclosed that FIDA facilitated the arrest of a man who started defiling a girl when she was five years, adding that there was another case of a nine-year-old girl who was recently defiled by her uncle at Ezeagu, in Enugu State.

Earlier in her welcome address, the Chairperson of FIDA Week/20th Anniversary Planning Committee, Edith Okorie, had said that the theme of the week long event was very apt, saying when “you empower a woman, you have empowered a nation.”

In her paper entitled: ‘Women empowerment, its gains and challenges’ which was presented at the event, the Solicitor-General/Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice, Enugu, Mrs A. Onaga, had stated that President Goodluck Jonathan had gone a long way in giving effective representation to women in political and public office appointments.

President Jonathan’s administration, according to her, had scored high marks on the empowerment of women, adding that women now know that they could aspire to the highest office in this country.

The theme of this year’s women legal week, held at Filbon Hotel, Enugu, was entitled: ‘Women Empowerment and Sustainable Development with Emphasis on the Gains/Challenges’.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/news-headlines/item/26882-15-children-raped-by-their-fathers-in-enugu-in-five-months-—fida.html
Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by emekaanijah(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2013
first to comment hohoho. ..I would love to dedicate this to myself and my friends and my Lil nephew goodluck
.. and family and girl Friends whom did not let me sleep lastnight... I would cherish it in every way #modified... Ehen back to the topic... their fathers joystick should be cut off ...

2 Likes

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by geeez: 9:15am On Nov 22, 2013
And for every one reported, you can be sure of ten more that will go unreported

What are fathers turning into?

I wonder why government isn't going to schools to talk to pupils and students

I wonder why a stiffer law, like Edo's kidnapping law isn't passed yet

Why are the kids suffering in silence?

12 Likes

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by MeAboki(m): 10:36am On Nov 22, 2013
Chineke! Most shocking indeed, see how some ppl dey even surpass Yerima. shocked shocked

Ordinarily, you'd expect this kind of story to automatically make front page; yet it won't because the MODs dare not for obvious reasons.
In addition, those you'd expect would have by now descended on the thread spewing scorn and insults are suddenly quiet; because this time around the occurrences are far too close for comfort - just watch as they'll come view and quickly run away without commenting.
Mhheewww, hypocrisy in progress.

9 Likes

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by JECBOSS: 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
Too bad....
Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
At least Sani Yerima wasn't hypocritical about his. undecided

Products of a dysfunctional society.

1 Like

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by homesteady(m): 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
Na wa oh! If they are so desperate for sex, aren't there many cheap Ashawos they can sleep with for N500 or less? Instead they are sleeping with their daughters! Chai!

1 Like

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
rape!!!!!! y du people keep rapeing lil children?? ?

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
homesteady: Ah! shocked
shey u no get job ni? Always around
Mtchwwwww

1 Like

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by iterator25: 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
South east! Hmmm..

4 Likes

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by homesteady(m): 1:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
5points:
shey u no get job ni? Always around
Mtchwwwww
I won't give you publicity! Because I know that's what you are craving for!

3 Likes

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
Tribalists on d loose!
Hidden posts coming sooon.
With severe ban terms.
Hahahahahaha
Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by thewarrior72: 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
lipsrsealed Gush .....I no fit talk mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by benni(m): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
Why all these all the time?
Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by DrDoGood1(m): 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
Too bad!
E.T Fathers
grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
Viewing the thread: sexkillz
hmmmmm
Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
Very repulsive to say the least.

If a father cannot protect his own daughter,i wonder what he will do to other peoples kids.smh angry angry angry

the height of ot os that it is now a common trend being acceptable in NIgeria.

Adult Virgins are really an endangered specie.of 3 yr olds are being defiled by animals,then i am sorry for the 21st cenrury parents lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

fiaaaaaaakkkkkkwwwwwaaaaa

1 Like

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
opss..........God dey
Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
I marvel at how men actually do this.Is it natural to be sexually attracted to one's own child?Only animals are and any human being who is,well,is also an animal.
Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by tinuolababy(f): 1:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hmmm. Poor kids cry cry end time fathers and uncles
Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by GentleMimi: 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
This is sickening! Now,i ask myself.......where are the mothers? Did they see these signs? Or rather chose to ignore it subconciously.Believe me,some mothers wld deny the fact that their husbands are capable of such evil acts,just to keep their marriage.There are many fathers out there who potray themselves as societal gods but induldge in such disgusting act. I wish our society had a medium whereby these kids are taught sex education both at home and in school ,employ competent counsellors who cld gain the confidence of these kids in school. Many are dying in silence!

1 Like

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by Anniettieufia(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
Nnawao!
What is this world turning into , cases of Molestation, defilement and rape is becoming alarming ,.

Sex education alone cannot end this barbaric acts,

Now tell me,
What education will you give to a 3-5year old to avoid molestations

Those (parents) involved should be openly prosecuted to send hot warning signals to others,
it's becoming too much.

1 Like

Re: 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
This is Aluu.
God forbid this to happen to my unborn daughters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pipeline Vandals Battle With Police In Elebute, Ogun / Land Grabber Arraigned For Issuing Dud Cheques (photo) / Nigerian Man Rude To Police Officer On Duty In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.