Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,460 members, 7,861,329 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:54 AM

Top Secretes For Successful Marriage Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top Secretes For Successful Marriage Relationship (758 Views)

30 Rules For A Woman To Have Successful Marriage / Cohabitation: A Recipe For Successful Marriage - Live Debate - Group B / What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Secretes For Successful Marriage Relationship by princevinco(m): 10:55am On Nov 22, 2013
TOP SECRETES FOR SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE RELATIONSHIP
It is said that knowledge is power and right application of knowledge is wisdom. It is equally said that what you don’t know is your senior and you are intimidated by what you don’t know. I am saying all these because many marriages are having crises, some are failing apart while others are ending in divorce, all because some couples are doing what they ought not to do while failing to do what they ought to do with their marriage relationships. As a result, there is a big crack in their marriage relationship and quiet often the cracks keep expanding until the entire structure is pulled down.

For instance, if you ask any divorcee, he or she will tell you that if he/she had the knowledge before that he/she had now, they won’t have ended their marriage in divorce. Believe you me; there is no marriage on earth that is perfect that does not experience crises. The ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE WAY THE CRISES or problem is managed or handled. The issue that is causing crises in one family; another family is seeing the same issue in different angle and using the issue to tease themselves and laugh over it. Many family crises gets out of hand because the couples failed to manage the crises very well.
Before I continue may I point out one thing that you should take note of, and that is “NO TWO FAMILIES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME” because what is working in one family may not work with another family in exact manner. I said this because some go and import what is happening in one family and expect to see the exact result seen in that family in their own family. Failing which the couple begin to accuse one another of been responsible. So what you see in your own marriage depends on you having correct working knowledge of certain marriage principles and equally APPLYING CORRECTLY THE PRINCIPLES.
That is, if you know and apply the secrets of successful marriage correctly your marriage will succeed and blossom. We will be exploring here few of these secretes that makes for a successful marriage.

Have an understanding of yourself and your partner
: if you want to have a successful marriage relationship, you need to understand yourself in the first place. To understand yourself means to know your make up, that is your temperament. You act the way you do because of your temperament. For instance, if you bring an introvert and extrovert together, you will see that the two may react over an issue differently, that is in a different way. In addition to understanding your temperament, you need to understand the temperament of your spouse as well. To understand the make-up or temperament of your spouse goes a long way to avoid or prevent certain actions that bring crises between couple.

Learn to accept, acknowledge and apologize when you’re wrong
: Many family crises results from our refusal to accept or acknowledge we are wrong even when we are. Well, refusing to accept responsibilities started from the beginning of time. Look at the BIBLE in Genesis 3 verses 11 to 13 And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?"
Then the man said, "The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate."
And the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
You see, from the above, when GOD confronted ADAM for eating the forbidden fruit; ADAM blamed his action on the WOMAN. When GOD confronted the woman, she passed the blame on the serpent.
We are quick to transfer the blame for our action to somebody else instead of owning up to our wrong. The secret for a successful marriage is for couple to boldly accept or acknowledge when they are wrong. Accepting and apologizing to our partner when we are wrong go a long way to heal many wounds, and that is why “I AM SORRY” are three words that do wonders in relationships.

Strive to forgive and forget
: Also many crises in marriage results from un-forgiveness. Un-forgiveness among couple causes great harm to their relationship as many couples are indeed harboring the spirit of un-forgiveness in them. I once settled a quarrel between a couple and it took the woman more than two minutes to recount all the wrong doing the husband did to her. The husband used almost the same minutes to recount his own. In fact I got tired listening to them. At the end I told them that I would like to have a look at their diary where they recorded all these they told me, but each claimed not having a diary. I told them that they are good historian, to have remembered all these wrongs done by their partner while they could not remember up to five good things their partner did for them.

I pointed out to them that they have no problem if they would forgive each other and forget. Their problems resulted from keeping malice and records of evil done to them. As the couple succeeded in forgiving and clearing their records of evil done to them, their marriage started blossoming. So learn to forgive each other assuming your spouse had stepped on your toe and never keep records of evil.

Pay attention to your spouse
: Intimacy is one of the backbones that sustain marriage relationship between couples. But you can never build intimacy if you don’t create time and pay attention to your spouse. As a matter of principle, your spouse should be your best friend and best of friends do things together. Many couples had over grown eating food in a dinning together, bathing together or sleeping together.
Do you know that some men have no time for their wives? The only time they has for her is when it is time for love making. You can never sustain intimacy that way, so couples, learn to create time and pay attention to each other. Often go outing together if you are not used to, such as to amusement parks or other sightseeing, it goes a long way to build intimacy.

Learn how to communicate well:
it is unfortunate and I am sorry to say it, some couples use foul language on themselves. Some call each other by their names, these doesn’t show maturity and good marriage relationship. It is not that calling your spouse by his/her name is wrong but at the same time it does not show intimacy, love and friendship.
Couples who are intimate and communicates well easily quickly and amicably more than those with poor communication.

Above all, Man love your wife, woman respect your husband
: Viewing marriage relationship in the light of the BIBLE, this is the fundamental for successful marriage relationships. A man who loves his wife will pamper her and will never raise his hands to beat her. While a woman who respects her husband will never open her mouth to abuse him. A man who loves his wife and the wife respects him; the couple is on stepping stone to a successful marriage relation.

SOURCE:http://www.marriageevergreen.com

1 Like

Re: Top Secretes For Successful Marriage Relationship by bellong: 11:01am On Nov 22, 2013
Thanks
Re: Top Secretes For Successful Marriage Relationship by PaulSeun89(m): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2013
Nice one. Good to know. Tnx!
Re: Top Secretes For Successful Marriage Relationship by Alikaxon(m): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2013
A good writer; a commendable piece. It is not a secret, It's an obvious secret. Everybody or many people knows this; the problem is of applying it. That is why prospective couples should observe their spouse thoroughly before agreeing to say I do, because there are some things you can't change in a man or woman, so u must be sure if u will be able to endure it or not before making ur final decision.

(1) (Reply)

hi / Jobs In Nigeria Www.hot-jobs-in-nigeria..com / Let Us Talk About The Timing Of Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.