Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Kids Do The Darnest Things - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kids Do The Darnest Things (7044 Views)

What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? / Kids Do The Darndest Thing (pics) / How Many Kids Do You Wanna Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by oluwdashmi(f): 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2008
@all,
What would you do if you came home after a hard day at work and found………?

Where will I start from?

Should I grin angry undecided cry angry grin cry undecided ?

I will be too mad at them especially the older one who is still smiling. I won't stop being mad at him until the work is finished.

But was anyone not meant to stay with them? Anyway, he/she may be sleeping or busy somewhere not knowing a great painting had been for free.
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2008
I went to a tailor shop wqith my nephew once and the tailor was taking my measurement my nephew was seriously raking at the tailor for touching his aunt. It got so bad he took the tape from the tailor and threw it away while grumbling in baby language
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2008
aisha, the tailor na man? wink
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by Carlosein(m): 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2008
you need to see this:

Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by amaechijay: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2008
@ kadman

That baby there is more than 9 months and moreso, l don't believe that even a 20 month baby could raise his/her legs that high
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by shylladear(f): 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2008
such lovely and funny stories grin
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by amaechijay: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2008
My little niece is always tugging at my boobs saying bobo! bobo! bobooooo, !

and jumps to suck it at the slightest opportunity of seeing me bare-bodied.

She is 20 months old now
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by HCH3COO: 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2008
amaechijay:

My little niece is always tugging at my boobs saying bobo! bobo! bobooooo, !

and jumps to suck it at the slightest opportunity of seeing me bare-bodied.

She is 20 months old now
something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by amaechijay: 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2008
@ HCH3COO

How do u mean?

To me, l feel it is only natural since she was breastfeeded for 10 months
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by mohawkchic(f): 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2008
~Here's a word of Advice ~"Children don’t misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said." Sooo try to avoid those embarassing suitations !! grin

~They are like listening devices,recording each word/conversations . . . the things have heard kids come out with!! shocked shocked shocked

~Couple of weeks ago my son came up to me and said " Mum whats W A N K E R?" spelling it out word for word!! shocked i was still recovering from that when he said the word before i could say "Huh" !! he knew he'd said something wrong immediately after when he saw the look on my face . . .i was dumbfounded for what seemed like an eternity before i could muster the courage to ask him where he saw the spelling/heard the word!! he was already scared he was in trouble so he didnt give me much info on how he came about the word,i told him that word is not for kids & Mummy will be very upset if he repeats/spells it again!!
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by kingdong(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2008
amaechijay:

@ HCH3COO

How do u mean?

To me, l feel it is only natural since she was breastfeeded for 10 months

It sure is natural, but the way you put it is very unnatural, just tiake it easy.
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by largie(f): 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2008
my son has a very funny way of asking for things he knows i might not want to give him.he starts by saying mom i love you you are the best.the next step is for him to plant a kiss on my face as soon as this boy sees he has warmed up to me he goes on to say mom remember you said yogurt is good for kids,it gives strong bone as soon as i confirm that statement he locks in his request mummy i want yogurt or whatever it is he trapped me on
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by ogaade3: 11:37pm On Jul 22, 2008
men kids kids kids grin i have to share this one
I attended a one year birthday party of my neice in lagos recently with all the clowns, bouncing castles and all that. so the mc was conducting a game for the kids which entailed ascribing a word to an alphabeth, the 'A for Apple stuff'. so the mc arranged like ten kids in a line and was going with the microphone to each kid turn by turn starting with the alphabeth A and so on. On getting to alphabeth O, the kid whose turn was it promptly and innocently blurted out
"O for Uncle".
men, I must have seen people's ribs on the floor grin cheesy grin

on another round, another chanted "I[b] for highschool[/b]" shocked
couldnt stop laughing grin cheesy grin
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by lucabrasi(m): 12:01am On Jul 23, 2008
oga.ade:

men kids kids kids grin i have to share this one
I attended a one year birthday party of my neice in lagos recently with all the clowns, bouncing castles and all that. so the mc was conducting a game for the kids which entailed ascribing a word to an alphabeth, the 'A for Apple stuff'. so the mc arranged like ten kids in a line and was going with the microphone to each kid turn by turn starting with the alphabeth A and so on. On getting to alphabeth O, the kid whose turn was it promptly and innocently blurted out
"O for Uncle".
men, I must have seen people's ribs on the floor grin cheesy grin

on another round, another chanted "I[b] for highschool[/b]" shocked
couldnt stop laughing grin cheesy grin
are you sure that story is not fromgbenga adeyinka the first or basketmouth? smiley
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by obillyj(f): 5:02am On Jul 23, 2008
oh!! i really had a lot of fun on those. kids do know how to make u laugh in the midst of calamities and guess wat i enjoy such silly moments with them.
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by oolumide: 8:30am On Jul 23, 2008
My daughter is now two, when she was like 1yr plus, anytime she soiled her diaper and she needs replacement, she will just go to the couch, lie on her back, raised her two small legs up and be calling on her mum that she ready to be changed. Mean while somebody should quickly tell me, I have challenge posting topic for discussion on nairaland. How do i go about it. angry grin
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by Datope(f): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2008
Baby Girl: Mummy, I want Coke
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by folabim(f): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2008
@ Gamine

because my hubby calls me by my first name
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by weebee(f): 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2008
Kids are just wonderful and fun to be with. Though their behaviours could be frustrating atimes but this cannot be compared to the joy they bring. Having them is better than not having even one around. If you desire them God will bless you with yours.

My little boy is just a year and two months and has already has his own choice of music. let him hear gongo aso or lorile on tv and he would leave woteva he is doing and starts dancing but make sure AIT doesnt take it away or else there will be trouble because he wont stop crying and pleading with his tear stained eyes that you should bring it back. He hardly watches cartoon but when it is time for second chance and the commercials in between he will pay attention till it ends at 10pm! To my baby dont means do, stop it simply means continue, dont go out means be on your way out! He also enjoys throwing my phones on the floor to hear the sound it gives and to see the parts flying around, but above all he is such a darling.
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by amaechijay: 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2008
@kingdong

What l mean is that it is a plaything for her

and loves to see the shocked expression on ur face and the way u will scream at her

once u express shock and scream "stop it", she bursts into laughter
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by Datope(f): 12:29pm On Jul 23, 2008
wink pointed out to him later that onion is good for his eyes.  Children!!!

1 Like

Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by donbarzini(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2008
wont b a playa eva again, my kid cousin's 34 months keeps tryin 2 touch my chics boobs at d slightest opportunity yeh shes d busty type then oneday he felt em n told my girlfriend that "they feel just like kiki's" my chic probed the baby can u believe that, my cousin said "kiki is his other friend" , oops despite all my signs dat she shold be quiet
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by unit(f): 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2008
I've a niece and nephew i could die for.I only get to see them once a year though cos of work pressure n those few days are the best. At 2 my niece is more than a handful n aliyu is so naughty but i love them there are so many stories i hear from my parents about them like the first time hauwa told my mum she loves her :she said mummy mairi i like u very much it was so touching.or when aliyu told my my mum he loved her when she got him a puppy.
Will be back with other stories of how naughty they can get,like hauwa washing mummy's phone.
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by chachag(f): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2008
this kids are something else, like my son of 10 months, If he wants anything he will do everything to get it so smart
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by Timmi: 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2008
When my son was 3-years old, he normally observe me that the first thing I do on getting back home is to kneel down and pray, so one day he came in to my room, knelt down and said that he wanted to do the prayer. I oblige him and he started praying " God I thank you for giving mouth so that I can eat candy, I thank you for giving me eye so that I will not bump my head against a wall; I thank you for giving my dad so that he can carry me and buy me more candies once I finished the one in my mouth; and I thank you God for our pastor because without our Pastor there will be no church , "

I controlled myself somewhat before I started gigling because I did not want to interupt his prayer and after he finished I could not help but to burst out laughing. Kids, they were such a joy to have.
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by mohawkchic(f): 2:25am On Jul 24, 2008
kids they are such a joy to have.

~I will Agree whole heartedly!!~
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by jkpretty(f): 8:58am On Jul 24, 2008
Two kids were fighting: One said "shut up" the other says "shut in" and i remembered that when we were kids we used to say that too. . .

what the hell is "shut in" undecided
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by Nella(f): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2008
lol, wht funny stories!
kids! ---------- "shut in" cheesy

when I was a kid, I was d type that would give u smth, and five secs later, I would ask 4 it back.

I remember once when I was around 3\4, we had a dog, soo one night after dinner, I gave d dog my fish to eat because I was being nice, some seconds later after d dog have finished eating my fish, I went back to it and asked it to give it back  undecided u can  imagine, and d dog was obviously there just staring at me, not understanding a word I was saying,  soo after asking it several times, I started crying, and put my hands into it's mouth to search for my fish  undecided -- And the dog bit me so hard, and my parent came running, lol u can imagine their faces when they saw me with my hand in our dogs mouth, and  blood pouring out. lol. -- I still have d mark on my hand.

--------------------------

Another time my Dad was leaving for work and he gave me money to buy biscuit, so when he left my older cousin took me to a shop and I decided to buy chewing gum, I bought chewing gum, those ones that are 4 pieces, and we left for home, I opened my chewing gum, stuffed all of them in my mouth without giving my cousin any, eventhough he begged me 4ever! ----- half way to my house, the gum had already started losing it's sugary taste soo i started crying, my cousin asked me y I was crying and I responded that I didn't want d chewing gum any more, because it wasn't sweet any longer, soo I took d whole giant gum 4rom my mouth and asked him to take it back to the shop man and get my money back.  undecided -- Of course that was impossible soo, I cried the whole day until my dad came back, and I reported to him that my cousin took my money and bought gum, and now he doesn't want to give me back my money. grin lol, My dad solved d case anywayz, lol. He gave me money to but another one. And who did I ask to take me? -- "my cousin".  grin
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by jkpretty(f): 8:49am On Jul 25, 2008
@ Nella
ROFLMAO Nah! u were something else! cheesy very funny stories. Can't even tell which is funnier, lol. U got me ROFL for real

"give me back my thing" [/b]Lol . . . i did that countless times. Or is it the [b]"i'm not coming to your house to play again" that too.
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by edmondo(m): 11:08am On Jul 25, 2008
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by dtpchic(f): 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2008
its funi how smart kids of nowadays can get, i can remember how i used to believe that the characters in a movie on tv would come out if i broke it but my lil cousins(3 n 5)didn't believe n told me that the tv was gonna break if they did that embarassed
Re: Kids Do The Darnest Things by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2008
dtp_chic:

its funi how smart kids of nowadays can get, i can remember how i used to believe that the characters in a movie on tv would come out if i broke it but my little cousins(3 n 5)didn't believe n told me that the tv was going to break if they did that embarassed

your cousin aint that smart . . . your case is just exceptional grin tongue cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? / Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? / Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.