Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / . (21034 Views)

Teen Stripped And Whipped By Thugs In New-Jersey. / Girl Stripped And Beaten To Coma For Stealing A Blackberry Phone (pix Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Clemzy16(m): 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
SeXKiLLzAlbiNo: Sad
funny moniker! grin
Re: . by adconline(m): 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2013
Wonder why average IQ in Naija is 59?

1 Like

Re: . by mu2sa2: 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
Naija men of god are the real culprits. These wicked pretenders have no qualms declaring underaged children especially girls as witches. Their brainwashed followers simply copy them. lf despicable acts of gross inhumanity like this are to end the govt should sanction the pretenders calling themselves mogs.

1 Like

Re: . by eluquenson(m): 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2013
I don't know whats their problem in that state
Re: . by Chinyeresandra(f): 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
FACIGAR lawyer: Very sad....abeg akwa ibom na Igbo state?? grin grin grin grin
grin
FACIGAR lawyer: Very sad....abeg akwa ibom na Igbo state?? grin grin grin grin
Bros U dey craze oooo
Re: . by shejane: 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
Suffer nt d witches to live

If indeed der are witches, der shd burn dem 2 ashes

Dose witches no gt human sympathy
Re: . by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
Re: . by thewarrior72: 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
That awkward moment when a man fail woefully in his career, he look left,look right& look front& back & start accusing anybody close-by, for been responsible for his woeful failures in life.........Lord have Mercy

1 Like

Re: . by freecocoa(f): 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
I honestly don't get the fascination of most akwa-ibomites with witches\wizards, they believe anything that goes wrong in their lives is caused by a witch.

To even make matters worse, its always the old and children who can't defend themselves that are accused of witchcraft, I think people of that state need to be properly educated, their own just too much.

2 Likes

Re: . by GboyegaD(m): 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2013
How did these clown come to a conclusion that their uncle is a witch? Very naughty people who deserves to be dealth with.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
Some churches here believe they can't make it without the so called withcraft sermons and deliverance, so they create stories that would intimidate their members and cause them to fear the unknown, this way setting homes and families apart and on fire in the name of preaching. We are tired of these witchcraft stories from Akwa Ibom. It certainly cannot be the only where there are witches or the only thing happening in this oil-rich state. I am sure if people have sound education and are gainfully employed which will keep them busy and raise their intellectual understanding, they wont be ready tools and willing hands for the devil to use. So government should create enabling opportunities for people to be engaged in some work, trade or contract jobs, send the youths to school to enable them acquire some basic education and civilization - and watch if they will talk about witchcraft again. When people remain poor and unemployed for a long time, they soon become willing tools in the hands of the devil. Our governments at the national and states level have a 100% blame for this primitivity. They have held Nigeria back since 1999. - no new industries, yet the schools keep churning out hundreds of thousands of graduates every year. The only time industries were ever built in this country was during the military. That is the truth but unbelievable. This is perhaps why we are called a developing country, but maybe the appropriate name should be undeveloped and uncivilised country. Stories of witchcraft and wickedness were commonplace in the olden days, but when civilization came in thru education, tourism and religious education, much of these stories abated. This is a sure proof that the cause of this alleged witchcrat tales are backwardness, poverty and unemployment. PUZZLE: Does any rich, well to do, gainfully employed or civilised man or woman blame or talk about witches? Seldom NO.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2013
Re: . by highmood(m): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
My view is that people are wicked and witches are for real. Its not until they start flying at nights. So I won't support them, they may be behind their stagnation as they were accused. The problem is, are there proofs? The accused may be behind it, but may keep pretending as though they never did. I have heard stories of people confessing of being responsible for someone's backwardness and downfall. These set of people are just wicked and heartless. And what would u classify these set of people? They are simply WITCHES. So am short of words.
Re: . by Ninilowo(m): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
Old news. I heard it on Faaji FM some wks ago.
Re: . by soulglo: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
Giant of Africa indeed. SMH. This is not just a police matter. It's not just good enough to report it to the police.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
There are plenty of witches and wizards in that state. But this is not the way to go about dealing with them.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
What is it with Nigerians and stripping suspected wrong doers naked
Re: . by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
Re: . by chiefbatiatus(m): 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
Typical akwa ibom people superstition, i have never met any akwa ibomite that did not believe that witches are after them. An akwa ibom boy am assisting have always felt i could be after his destiny, if i dashed him a shirt he will throw it away, i even bought him a shoe from south africa when i travelled there he never wore it. Funny enough i have never locked a door, a bag or any container in my house which he stays in my absence whenever i travel. If u have a new akwa ibom neighbor and u mistakenly send xmas food or gift unsolicited, then u finished.. They are very queer people

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
Re: . by MeAboki(m): 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
OMG, in this day and age some ppl still believing in witches shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: . by gogodaye(m): 6:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
Sadly enough scenerios of this nature are bound to continue with more stigmatized victims either being killed or humiliated & exiled out of the communities. Pentecostalism and the inaction of the Akwa Ibom state government's (by its stance that issues of the nature when ever highlighted are either exaggerated or intended to paint it in bad stead) have continued to be the overriding factors fuelling the sustance of this scourge & its perpetrators.
It is damn disheartening that this is happening.
Re: . by meforyou1(m): 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
They think it is easy to get promotion in the military and police? Especially as they didn't go to sch

1 Like

Re: . by Litmus: 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
Perhaps our African ancestors murdered their scientifically minded kin, calling them winch and wizards, that is why today we are technologically backward.

I can just imagine the poor native that discovered the properties of magnet being burnt for causing two spear heads to suddenly clamp to one another.

Joke aside

sorry,to the victims.

1 Like

Re: . by bebe2(f): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
UUncivilised barbarians, smh cry

1 Like

Re: . by dynatress: 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
undecided
fatwallet: It is estimated that there are about 70 million witches and wizards in Nigeria.their meetings must be crowded lol
who knows maybe President Jonathan is a wizard, possesed by mami water spirits ,he is leading nigeria into the underworld.
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Broadcasting Whatsapp Message Criticising Oshiomhole, Police Arrest Man / I Got N25,000 After Killing Badeh – Suspect / Nigerian National Arrested In Malawi For Alleged Cocaine Possession (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.