Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:45 AM

How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty (1137 Views)

Online Business: Do People Really Sell Online In Nigeria? / 5 Young Nigerians Below 30 Who Against All Odds Excel In Their Business (Photos) / Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
I know, I know, Online businesses are floating all over the place. There are probably hundreds of those topics on NL currently.

But,

Internet Businesses are here to stay and they will continue to thrife forever! Seriously.

There are many ways people do business online. Different ways. But I'll only focus on these common two:

1. Information Marketing
2. Affiliate Marketing

Information Marketing is simply selling of information to others - informations they don't know about. But, just as every other internet business, you must take your time, plan, priotize and take baby steps.

If you want to start as an information marketer online, you'll need these:

1. A website
2. An hosting
3. A domain name
4. Your product/other peoples products (resale rights)
5. Copywriting skill
6. An autoresponder service
7. e-Cover
8. Marketing budget...

If you look at the above lists, you'll realize this is not a joke, it's a real business as though you're selling spare parts in Alaba.

Now, let me say this quickly, what seperates you as an internet marketer and an offline marketer is the diferent markets you both operate in. My own market can reach everyone in the world. Yours is limited. Too, the capital I need to get started online is extremely reduced.

Don't forget you'll need to put a budget for a laptop (although you can make use of the cyber cafe if you don't have a lappy), a modem for internet connection (remember you'll be paying monthly), you might need to be burning fuel too in your generator and other simple tiny expenses. So, you see this is serious business? And the internet can only pay those who took it seriously, who take it as though they are running a real life business. Thus, they will surely reap the benefits of doing business online.

I don't type too fast, I'll continue this in a while.

Feel free. :-)

taiwodare
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
Now that you know this is REAL life business, lets talk about those things you need to get started:
1. A Website

There are different ways you can build a website. The purpose of a website is to enable you upload your products there, drive traffic and attend to customers. You can even use a blog. Either independently hosted blog or not.

Ways to Build Your Website

You can use:
a. Wordpress dot orgs software
b. nvu dot come software
or, use the ones with free hostings:
c. dot come (just buy a domain name for it)
d. gnbo site
e. wix (I love wix! They use html5)
f. wordpress dot come
g. And many others...

So, once you build your website, your next step is to get a hosting plan for it.

NOTE: Since you're starting your own business, it is not recommended to use free hosting plans or anything free.

We'll talk about hosting plans in a while, using godaddy or hostgator or namecheap (I use namecheap).

Prepare your mind.

wink!
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by Jayclinics(m): 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ride on bro....am all eyes.
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 3:41am On Nov 25, 2013
How to Get an Hosting Plan for Your New Website

There are many ways you can get a hosting plan: You can use hostgator, godaddy and or namecheap hosting plans.

Hosting is just a little space or big or very big space (depending on how large your site is) over the server of these companies to rent you so you can upload your website there for others to be able to see you/visit you over the net.

For you to get this hosting plan, you will need to pay with your debit ATM card issued by your bank. It's easy to do. Just contact your bank for ATM internet banking activation. Once activated, you can use it to pay for online products and services, except those websites that doesn't accept Nigerians.

Now that you've gotten an hosting plan for your website, immediately you must get a domain name for your new website.

A domain name, for example, is the address of your shop physically. So when you get a domain name, people can type your shop address in a computer and visit you in your shop and see what you are selling. That is why in firefox, explorer has a place called "the address bar"

So lets go get a domain name for your new website.
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 4:01am On Nov 25, 2013
Getting a Domain Name for Your New Website

Getting a domain name is just similar to getting an hosting plan for your website. The hosting companies I listed previously also sell domain names so you can get it from them too.

But,

As an internet marketer, (and generally in the internet marketing world) it is wise to use different companies for your hosting plan and another for your domain name.

When you want to register a domain name, make sure you register a name that corrolates with your niche market. e.g. if you are into health niche market, use a domain name related to health e.g. alittlebitofhealth dot come. In addition, if your niche market is a health sub-niche market (e.g. if you're targetting those people with diabetis, cough or similar illness) don't use alittle bit ofhealth dot come. Insteas, use a name you can incorporate diabetis, cough into e.g. pulldowndiabetis dot com or coughoutcoughtotally dot come.
Do you understand? This is imparative to your online business success.

Don't be intimidated in any way, it's very easy to do. Though, you need a simple level of commitment because this is your business and not mine.

Once you've gotten a domain name for your website, what next?

So far in our business online building, we've

1. Built a website using wordpress dot org software
2. Gotten a domain name
3. Gotten a hosting plan service

Now, we need to bring up or come up with our product.

Before I go further, let me end this chapter here.

If you are having any problem with any of the three steps we've covered so far, you cam p.m me and I'll be glad to help.

So lets build our product.
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 4:32am On Nov 25, 2013
How to Come Up With Your Own Product to Sell Online

Before I go into the nitty gritty of this topic please note: I am analysing on the first kind of business: Information Marketing.

Many people who trully succeeds in their online businesses don't just succeed, they follow rules, principles and fundamentals of how online business is done. Not, come up with any product and just start selling. Although, there is not much wrong, wrong with this approach, because there are billions of people over the net that might be interested in your offer...

There are three ways you can create your own product:

1. Personal product
2. Re-sale rights products
3. Private Label Rights products

The first one; your personal product is; you have an information in your head..., let me use an example, you have an information in your head on,

"how to travel to London; get a place to stay, get a job that pays 1000 dolars per week and the easy dead way to get a visa without falling into the hands of 419ers"

The above information is powerful, because many peole will be interested in it. Now your next step is to find a way to package this powerful information.

How to Package Information Products

You can package in:

1. e-Book format
2. Video format
3. CD
4. DVD
5. Seminar
6. Webinar
7. Guides (still ebook, but written differently)
8. Reports (still ebook, but writen differently)
9. And many other formats

Depending on the kind of info, some strictly require you package it in a video format and eBook, together. e.g. if you want to teach people how to play the piano and lead guiter...

Now, our London information does not require using video format to package it, except if you want to travel to London with your camera man.

Once you package your product, you upload it unto your website and you're growing in business. Your next step is smiling. smiley

This Way is How Many People Do it; it's not a bad way. In fact, you can make a killing with this alone. I'm serious.

A More Better Way to Find a Product to Promote

Before I go into resale rights and PLR products, let me get your mind to this:

The single biggest and most common simple mistake yound entrepreneurs or business builders make when starting out online is: they'll come up with a product, usually based on what they love to do. And after spending a long time creating and perfecting this product, it'll be a final time for them to start making money selling it. This is where many people run into major problems...
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 5:02am On Nov 25, 2013
These is when many run into problems, they find it hard to see people who want to buy their biggest and most powerful products they've dedicated months of their life creating. Then, they'll go fraustrated and tired saying, "online business? hiss, "it's all lies jorr, I don try am, she she, I no make! You go just waste your money."

I don't blame such people. But had been they keep pressing, and trying to figure out why they failed in their first attempt, they would have succeeded. Forgeting that, this is business; if you give up, you are not a winner. God so good, the internet has made everything easy, you don't need a large capital to start, in fact the money to get you started might even be in your hands right now or sitting, waiting patiently in your bank account crying, sobbing you come and change your life with me, I can multiply when you use me...

You know?,

What People Should Be Doing When Starting a Business Online/(Offline)

To trully succeed like mad, like crazy. You must do:

Market Research

Market research is essential... to the point. In online terms, market research is keyword research. Keyword research is simply probing and trying to know what words people are searching for online in any market.
Please don't look down on this information I'm telling you, it can change, transform your financial life. I can bet on it.

Doing keyword research is easy if you have the necessary tools. For instance, if you want to go into health market and you have an information about how to cure diabetis completely. You could d a market research on that information by simply using a keyword reaerch tool. Wordtraker. Just go to that site and register... put your main keyword there, in this example, our main keyword is "diabetis" right? No! It's "How to cure diabetis" or, using a broader term, "How to cure diabetis in old men" and so on type of keywords... Then wordtraker will bring up keywords related to your search... There is alot to this. I can't explain everything in this thread. But just know this; keyword research is important and wordtracker could give you tools you need to get started, just read through the website. better still you can pm me and I'll give you the full details in visuals format. But, not until you have shown interest that you really want to build your own online business, to make my efforts work. Abi?
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 5:36am On Nov 25, 2013
Alright, to reslae rights and PLRs.

These two follows the same rule with market research or keyword R. Just that these type of products are not yours. The resale rights; you only have permission to resell the products, you are not permitted to change the contents of the product.

In PLR. You can change the contents, put your name as the authour of the product(s), put all your personal details as the legal creator and owner of the product.

In some other cases, products that doesn't reqire you resell it or change the contents of the product could also be sold, though you have no permission to it.

How? Simple. Just get in touch with the owner or creator of the product asking him/her (formally) to grant you the access or permission to resell the product(s). Thus, you can sell those too.

Ok.

We've come a long way. Our next step is..., I think, I think is writing the sales letter? ok, the sales letter.

The sales letter sells your product(s) for you anytime anyday. Writing a good sales letter is important to your online success. The more you write, the more you get good at it.

I will give you an e-Book (pdf) on how to write sales letters that can make you rich! later in the day so you can get prepared. It's a very short ebook that teaches you STEP-BY-STEP.

I need to take some rest now. You can PM or AM me.

taiwodare at .G maail dot come

So, please, inspire me. Go create something/do something with the little information I've given you, if you think it's difficult, I can help you with it. Or better still, you can wait till I get to the second type of business model. Affiliate Marketing. I love affiliate marketing!

Many people that start online started with AM cos It's simpler.

Anyway, just get something done with what you've learnt so far. And let me know in any way I can help.

Cheers!

PS. Will continue later in the day. Keep visiting this thread.
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by Remedy4gud: 7:46am On Nov 25, 2013
i'm patiently waiting for the afiliate marketing phase. Please try to be as explicit as possible when dealing with AM. More power to your elbow.
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hello Remedy,

For the AM phase, you can sign-up 4 the free e-Course on my website instead of waiting. You'll get the details faster delivered to ur inbox everyday, at least for the next few weeks of the course.

Let me know if I can help you with anything!
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
How to Write Sales Copy That Can Grow Your Bank Account

How to Write Best Converting Sales Copy

A sales letter is your sales person, it sells your product for you while you're away.

As you are, as a new internet marketer or affiliate marketer, knowing how to write good copy is not an option, it is a thing to know. And the good part is, the more you learn how to write the more you get good at writing.

Here are tips you must keep in mind when writing your sales copy:

Write Attention Grabbing Headline

This is the first step and certainly the most important. When you write headlines that makes your prospect stop and say, "let me what's in there..." Then, you're warming up. Let's do a quick example, Have you seen someone wears a T. Shirt that reads, "Don't Look At My Shoes" ? Within a split second, what reaction does your brain develop? You immediately look at the person's shoes, right? In your mind, (unconsciously) you'll be like, "what's there in your shoes that I cannot look at"?

The same rule applies to writing a good sales copy, you just want to do it. Even if you want to rebel against your feelings not to look at "his" shoes, you will feel uncomfortable a little. The reason is, this feelings are pre-wired into our very being from creation and you cannot go against it. If you do, your emotions will be hurt in one way or another.

2. Incorporate Trust
3. Go to the Point
4. Don't Be Afraid to Write Long Copies
5. Call to Action
6. Post Script
7. And many other little tips that make BIG difference in your marketing quest.

I cannot possibly lay down all the tips here or steps. It'll be great if you can read the full book yourself. Right?

So, to lay your hands on the f,ree book just go to "excel financially online" dot come, and sign up for the free course. The book is within the email course. Read and digest the content (it's a very short ebook). Every little bit of effort to make mon,ey online helps.

We'll continue this in a while.

Let me know if I can be of any help to you in any way.
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nice one OP. Keep d thread moving, coz am folowing
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by kentochi(m): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hi am following you badly.
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
An Autoresponder Service

Autoresponders are services that automate your email messages while you're on bed. All you need do is set up all the messages you wish to send out on specific days and the bot will do its work. (You can always go back there to make slight changes)

Autoresponders are important to any online business, it's very important.

Types of Autoresponder Services

1. Getresponce
2. Aweber
3. iContact
4. Infusion Soft
5. iShopping Cart
6. MailChimp
7. Constant Contact
8. And many others...

The above list are one of the best, you can check them out.

NOTE: If you wish to do affiliate marketing, you will still need some of the things I've discused in this thread. Though, it's not compulsery; but it's essential for you since we are digging deep into affiliate marketing.

So, now that you have an autoresponder to get in touch constantly with your subscribers, and have insert the autoresp unto your website; our next step would be... Creating an e-Cover for your information product.
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 30, 2013
The moment I saw this thread, I knelt down and thanked God for bringing GOOD TIDINGS. @op may God continue to bless the work of your hands. Since you have decided to touch people's life, you will continue to excel in your business, because God said 'give and you will receive bountifully'.
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by bigidea(m): 11:19am On Nov 30, 2013
Do These 3 Things.... And Make Money, Every Time! --

Been running around the industry for 24 months and have less than $1,000 income to show.. OUCH
The dirty SECRETS of the bitter truth about making money from home REVEALED.

Do These 3 Thingsā€¦=>. http://threesteps.bimvideoproof.com

1 Like

Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
How to Get Subscribed to An Autoresponder Account

I don't know why the bot keep banning me from continueing this thread.

Anyway, I don't know if I'll be banned again but let me try post this and see.

ok.

For you to get an autoresponder:

Use Any of the Following:

1. Getresponse
2. Aweber
3. iContact
4. Constant Contact
(monthly payments)
and many others.

The purpose of this autoresponder service is for you to sell and pre-sell and give valuable informations of your affiliate products to your customers by collecting their email addresses.

This is a nice way to go about it, not just aff marketing but any form of online business.
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 3:02am On Dec 04, 2013
As I wrote above, setting up autoresponder services is not that technical, once you register and log into your account, you will be able to find your way through. It might take some time too if you are relatively new to the process. But don't be intimidated, it's easy to do.

Ok. Lets go create your e-Cover
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 3:10am On Dec 04, 2013
Creating Your e-Cover

e-Covers are great ways to improve the quality of your infomation products. It gives credibility also.

To create a nice looking ecover go to my ecover maker and design it online. You can also pay for a premimum plan and use it exclusively. If not, use the free option.

Once you create your cover and everything is set. You must do the most important thing - marketing. This is important. You must make sure people hear about it by setting aside a game plan to advertise your great info product to people within Nigeria or selected countries or the whole world. Depending on you - ...

Advertising - Driving Traffic to Your Website
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 3:23am On Dec 04, 2013
Marketing Your Information Products

Depending on the kind of product you are selling, will determine the type of advertising method you'll use. Though, most advertising are great but not all will be great for your type of product...

Different Ways to Advertise Your Products

1. Offline Methods: You can advertise on the dailies; put a classified there.

If you're promoting products that are health related, don't advertise on success digest because there are not related. If you are promoting gadgets find a newspaper that are related or similar or whose audience will likely to have interest in your peoducts not otherwise.

2. Online Methods:
There are many ways online; facebook, adwords, adbrite, and many others... These sites deals with PPC and Impressions when it comes to advertising. When you want to go for any of these pls I suggest you do ppc advertising because it pays. But, you must write your promotion well if you must smile to the bank. That's why you must read that book on copywriting so you can know how.

Other PPC Advertising Networks Include:
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 1:03am On Dec 09, 2013
I would have continue this thread since my ban expires, but I'm afraid I'll be banned again if I make any more post informational. (I'm even scared of posting this one I'm typing now). I didn't make any post that's bad or illegal.

Two, I'm not motivated to continue the thread because NLders are not contributing to the thread, it just feel as though I am the only one talking and no one is interested.

Anyway, even if I'll be banned again, I'll still write this one.

You can use pay par click advertising using: bidvertiser, 7 search, fb, google adwords and more. But of all these, I prefare fb coz it's traffic means is fast.

But, for you to succeed in any of these paid advertising means, you must know how to write good promotions. Thinking like a copywriter...

I will create another thread now if the bots don't ban me, and I'll post the link to the thread as the last post of this thread.

But, if you want me to continue the thread, you guys just say so.

Thank You.
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by taiwodare(m): 1:53am On Dec 09, 2013
This link below will lead you to my new thread. It's a continuation of this thread... about Affiliate Marketing.

I would have continue it here, but I'm afraid the bots will ban me again cos they just enjoy banning me without doing anything wrong within the posts.

Anyway, follow it.
And please, contribute to it, don't just read and close window, Flow too.

Thanks. :-)

https://www.nairaland.com/1548351/start-ur-online-biz-2day
Re: How To Excel Financially Online In Times Like These Of Financial Uncertainty by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2013
i'm following you like never b4. I even subscribed to your updates via email. May God bless you richly for your kind heart

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Rules To Build A Wildly Successful Business / Konga Will Go Down If Not Careful / Oil And Gas Business Of All ( People Must Buy Fuel )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.