Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here (42563 Views)

Sellers And Buyers Should Boycott Dealdey!! They Exploit Sellers / WARRI - EFFURUN MARKET - [Where Beta Sellers And Buyers Dey Meet] / Scrab Metal Buyers Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by EmmaAjayi(m): 8:53am On Dec 01, 2013
E-Jaja:

@yakuz
Well it all depends on how much u have for a start, growing a hectare of cassava would cost u between 100 - 150k depending on variable factors, in my own opinion I would advice you go with pman06 were u lease more land and produce more cassava by so doing, u multipled the money you would have used for land buying. In my own opinion I would advice if you have the money you should start with
Also make sure that ur would be farmland is in a resonable radius to ur prospective buyer which would save u cost on transportation. 6 I 10 hectares (13 - 25 arces)
As for the land make sure the soil fertility is very okay, as it is another factor that would determine how well ur cassava would do and how much fertilizer you would need to apply, the lesser the fertilizer require the ur cost of production.
And lastly always identify your target market as it would enble you grow the right variety.

As for being ur guardian it would be my pleasure.

@pman06
I would like to find out if you based in abeokutA and. Would want to help me with a favour?
. Where can one see such a large expance of land to rent? How can one guaranty the security of the farm? Another thing to look at such project need tractor to accomplish.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by karlxavier(m): 9:34am On Dec 01, 2013
Goodday every1, please I will like to know how I can kick start this biz as I have 250k here with me and I'm currently based in owerri... @ stagger and every1, please help me out with the details.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by everyday: 9:40am On Dec 01, 2013
I want to know.How long does it take to grow cassava before harvesting? Also how can I get a blueprint of cassava business
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 10:25am On Dec 01, 2013
@ E-jaja Yeah, am based in abk.

@ All

Visit your state agricultural ministry. I believe they will have some farm settlements around the state. Its from there you can get to know there prices for one year rentage per hatre(2.5acres of land), and they will help with tractors, you just need to pay for each operation you do. And in respect to how long it will take a cassava to grow before harvesting, it majorly depends on the variety. I'v seen 6months varieties being cultivated, and most 9months and above, its just about the variety. And with 250k to spare, you can start with 2hectres of land.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 10:37am On Dec 01, 2013
I saw this quote online about cultivation of one hectre of cassava land, i hope this helps.

1hectareCost of production of cassava is
as follows:
STAGE 1
Land lease: 5,000/annum
1st plough: 8,000
STAGE 2:
2nd plough :8,000
9month maturingCassava Stem +transportation: 20,000
STAGE 3
Planting: 9,000
STAGE 4
1st Weeding: 8,000
Fertiliser +Application:15,000
STAGE 5
2nd weeding: 8,000
Miscellaneous: 3,000
Harvesting : 7,000
TOTAL for 1Ha =#87,000
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by stagger: 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
There are varieties that yield in 6 months.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by EJaja(m): 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2013
Emma Ajayi: . Where can one see such a large expance of land to rent? How can one guaranty the security of the farm? Another thing to look at such project need tractor to accomplish.
Well for a start 10 hectares is not much if you have the money to cultivate it, as for getting that size of land it depends on which part of the country u are, you can always get lands From LGA, Mins of agric, river basin development authorities, from communities and even individuals. As for ten hectares ur can do it with human labourers. But that's not to say u can't start with one or two hectares and grow from there

@kalxavier in my own opinion I would advice you look at starting withthings like vegitable to grow ur money then you can now head into cassava.

@everyday it takes cassava between 12 to 18 for industrial use cassava and 12 months for cassava for garri, and those for 6 to 9 months are not advicable as thy can be very very funny and delicate. As for the blueprint you nee to decide what ur target market is and you desired goal in the biz.

@pman06 that budget you gave I think is not totally adequate. As for the favor I wanted to ask if you can help me make enaquires at the ogun-osun river basin development authority.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by yakuz: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
@E-Jaja
Thanks for ur advices so far I really appreciate . Ok I'm having like 1m naira and my plan is to start with ten hectares of good variety for industrial use . Will like to keep in contact wit u for ur alway kindful opinions and experiences .

Also hw many months cassava duration are used for cassava flours ?
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by EJaja(m): 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
@yakuz
That's nice for a start, but I would advice you keep an extra 300 to 500k for the ten hectare farm, as sometime you would encoutercertain thing u di not plan for.

As for the duration IITA say it takes 12 months to achieve 25 ton per hectare, while the guys in shonga farm say in other to achieve 30 tons and above advice 18 months.

Where do u intend to setup ur farm?
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by stagger: 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
E-Jaja:

Well for a start 10 hectares is not much if you have the money to cultivate it, as for getting that size of land it depends on which part of the country u are, you can always get lands From LGA, Mins of agric, river basin development authorities, from communities and even individuals. As for ten hectares ur can do it with human labourers. But that's not to say u can't start with one or two hectares and grow from there

@kalxavier in my own opinion I would advice you look at starting withthings like vegitable to grow ur money then you can now head into cassava.

@everyday it takes cassava between 12 to 18 for industrial use cassava and 12 months for cassava for garri, and those for 6 to 9 months are not advicable as thy can be very very funny and delicate. As for the blueprint you nee to decide what ur target market is and you desired goal in the biz.

@pman06 that budget you gave I think is not totally adequate. As for the favor I wanted to ask if you can help me make enaquires at the ogun-osun river basin development authority.

Where did you get the info that length of time to maturity determines which is used for gari or industrially? I have not seen it written anywhere.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
stagger:

Where did you get the info that length of time to maturity determines which is used for gari or industrially? I have not seen it written anywhere.

I dont think 18months old cassava can be bought by those HQCF mills. Cos its even stated on their site that it must not be more 18months old.

@e-jaja i stay close to the river basin, if its something i can ask around on your behalf, do let me know.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by yakuz: 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2013
@E-Jaja
Actually being my first time experience I haven't concluded wit the location issue still researching on that . As I 'm residing in Lagos where do u recommend that can be suitable for me ..... Concerning security and arable fertile land
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by stagger: 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
pman06:

I dont think 18months old cassava can be bought by those HQCF mills. Cos its even stated on their site that it must not be more 18months old.

@e-jaja i stay close to the river basin, if its something i can ask around on your behalf, do let me know.

My point is, cassava can be harvested at 9 months. The only reason farmers leave their crop in the ground for up to 18 months is because of the fall in prices between May and October when the rains are active.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by EJaja(m): 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2013
@ stagger I have made my enquires, from the various institues that have things to do with cassave and I was told that you better of leaving the cassava for 12 months and that's what most IITa materals states, so if you to go by that that means for u to get the average yield of 25 tons per hectare, enough dry matter and starch content your best bet is to go by with IITA recommendation. Note I never said. The maturity determines the use, all I said was to achieve above 25 tons you should leave it for up to 18 months, although am yet to try this that was what I was told by a major practicing cassava farmer in Nigeria.

@ pmano6
Yeah that's what some of the requires, u can harvest ur cassava by 1 week to 18 months or so that's still within the requirements.
As for the favour I want you to help me aks if they still have farmland to lease on their farm settlements in either oyo, ogun or osun state and are the land free of trees and were the various settlement are located.

@ yakuz
I would advice that u look at hetting land in areas like oyo, osun, ogun, ekiti, ondo or even in lagos (in the badagary oand other outskirt town), as lands are cheaper in this area.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by stagger: 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
A processor can also plant his crop to use as raw materials in which case they are harvested as needed since cassava starts to rot as from day 2 and 3 post harvest.

However, research has shown that hydrocyanic acid is found more in cassava that has remained underground for long periods. So some advise to use early harvest cassava for food products (gari, fufu, flour, HQCF) and late harvest cassava for starch, glucose syrup and dextrin. However, proper processing with heat, cutting, peeling, grating and fermentation will remove most of the HCN.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 9:04am On Dec 02, 2013
@ E-jaja
I dont know about their land lease o. But my best suggestion is to lease from the state government. Its cheaper and you have lands all over the state depending on your location.

@ all

Please, anybody on the thread who knows the name of the ethanol company at agbara please in ogun state? I will appreciate if anybody can help with the companys' name.

Thanks.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by EJaja(m): 10:14am On Dec 02, 2013
@pman06
Thanks for the advice, but I think you we need to talk, kindly mail me ur number so we can talk.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
H
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by Lilimax(f): 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
**Just passing**
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
If you are interested in exporting your cassava in dried form (dried cassava chips), you can contact me. My company buys in large quantity. berrymediaandsolutions@gmail.com
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by 24in7: 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
Y nt start ur own cassava bread b_kery
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by vince01: 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
you guys are doing a great job here and let me say THANK GOD FOR THIS THREAD i'm actually planning to start cassava farming in d year 2014, pls how can u guys put me thru ur advice is highly needed thanks
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by saliubello(m): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
Dont be carried away by these lofty calculations. These are only for research institutes' farms. You can not predict the price for your harvest. But i will suggest you locate the middlemen rather than going to the companies. Reasons are that they pay you cash on spot but with company,you will be paid as a vendor (instalments). But you dont sound finacially bouyant for this. How many hectares you have & where is your farm?
stagger:

You need to know which variety you planted. The modern varieties yield on the average 30 tons per hectare. Selling at 20k per ton, you can walk away with N600k for your N100k investment, which is not bad for a variety that produces in a few months.

But if you used the old varieties that only yield about 10tons per hectare, then you stand to make just N200k, leaving you with N100k profit. These species also take much longer to produce.

Which is better: N500k or N100k? The difference lies in a simple decision and some research done at the start of your planting journey. See why information is very important?
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by laykhorn(m): 6:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
i have 2 acres too. for harvest towards mid next year
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by oemmanuel: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
E-Jaja:
Matna is in ondo state, Nigeria startch mill ins in anambra state and plstary is in oyo state, you can google them to get their full address

Matna is located in Ogbese, along Akure - Owo express way, just after the Ogbese bridge.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by Xenyth(m): 7:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
At Zenith Agro-Processing we have high quality garri at cheaper price
and free delivery. buy 1 ton for just 120k.
We need major buyers becos we have a capacity of 2tonne of finished high quality Garri.
We also buy cassava in large quantities, if u are close to Ogbomoso or Osogbo u can inform us.
zen4prof@yahoo.com
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
Where is 1ha 5k per year?
pman06:

My suggestion is that, if you have such money to buy the lands, why not just use it to rent more land, 1hectre is 5k per year. Cheaper and saves cost too.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 7:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
Where is 1ha 5k per year? Is it a virgin forest?
pman06:

My suggestion is that, if you have such money to buy the lands, why not just use it to rent more land, 1hectre is 5k per year. Cheaper and saves cost too.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
pman06:

Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by 3LEGGED: 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
@pman06, I'm interested in buying cassava, can I hv ur no or email?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Earn Weekly Pay With Longrich Business / How Would You React To This Message? / Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.