Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets (42606 Views)

Elon Musk Rise And His Impact In Cryptocurrency Markets Today / Dollar Sells For N420, Naira Crashes In Value / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by ijustdey: 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
Bitcoin’s price has crashed yet again, wiping hundreds of millions of pounds from cryptocurrency markets and sending traders into a huge panic.

The world’s most popular cryptocurrency plummeted below $59,000 following the “flash crash”..

This is a huge drop of more than $5,000 from the levels it was trading at just a few days ago.
It comes a week after the cryptocurrency hit a record-high price of $67,000. Bitcoin’s price drop has also had a damaging impact on a number of other cryptocurrencies, including Ethereum, Binance Coin, Cardano, Solana and Ripple which have also seen their value fall.

According to Daily Trust, the price of Ethereum has slumped nearly six percent to under $4 over the past 24 hours, according to the latest data from CoinDesk.

Cardano’s value has plummeted almost nine percent in the same period to les than $2, while Solana has fallen 8.05 percent to $190.
Wednesday’s crash is in part driven by long-term Bitcoin holders selling at a high price in order to make a significant profit.

This is something that frequently happens when there has been a spike in the price of cryptocurrencies.

But this latest drop in value will also likely persuade a wave of new buyers to invest in Bitcoin, temped by the sudden dip in price.
According to analysts, the drop was long expected and the price could soon jump beyond $60,000 again before too long.

Cryptocurrency prices have surged this year, with Bitcoin alone jumping almost 400 percent in value over the past 12 months.
Earlier this year, experts warned cryptocurrencies remain concentrated among a small number of holders.

At the end of last year (2020), the 10,000 biggest Bitcoin holders accounted for more than a quarter (27 percent) of the total 18.6 million coins in circulation.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/10/27/panic-bitcoin-crashes-swallows-millions-pounds-cryptocurrency-markets

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by Illuminatiship(m): 11:39pm On Oct 27, 2021
That's business for you there's always rise and fall...

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by Righteousness2(m): 12:00am On Oct 28, 2021
It is Expected !

If your Eyes are opened you will see that the Proponents of the evil " Build Back Better" aka the Globalist with their "Great Reset" agenda are bent on ruling the World through a Single Worldwide system of Government!
They need to Crash down a whole lot to launch in their Program.

Personally! I am through with this World! They can have the World and all the Evils and Manipulations! I am bound for Heaven!

118 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by SUPERPACK: 12:51am On Oct 28, 2021
Righteousness2:
It is Expected !

If your Eyes are opened you will see that the Proponents of " Build Back Better" aka the Globalist are bent on ruling the World through a Single Worldwide system of Government!
They need to Crash down a whole lot to launch in their Program.

Personally! I am through with this World! They can have the World! I am bound for Heaven!
Come let me use you for money ritual since you no go go heaven alive. grin grin

292 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by YeyeGbami: 1:04am On Oct 28, 2021
SUPERPACK:

Come let me use you for money ritual since you no go go heaven alive. grin grin

NL resident pastor heaven bound

[img]https://c./DPKCxzWA_B4AAAAC/pastor-fighter.gif[/img]

359 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by dheaven: 1:34am On Oct 28, 2021
It will rise again. Since that China ban could not kill Crypto market I don't think anything can stop it again easily.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by paddyDIGITAL(m): 6:32am On Oct 28, 2021
It will rise again. Nothing to panic about.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by YoungLionken(m): 11:06am On Oct 28, 2021
This is the best time to buy and hoard..

You don't need a prophet to tell you that before December, you will definitely smile cool...

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by CHANNELStv2020: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2021
I no day do the crypto thing self

7 Likes

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by Patrioticman007(m): 11:07am On Oct 28, 2021
What

1 Like

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by iamphilips(m): 11:07am On Oct 28, 2021
Buy the dip..... it’s exactly what we signed up for, it already found support and already available $60,000 as we speak. We’re definitely hitting $80,000-$100,000 before 2022

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by Bacteriologist(m): 11:07am On Oct 28, 2021
Lmao is it just me or nairaland NEVER posts something good about bitcoin and other cryptos?

All news about crypto I have seen on nairaland front page are always bearish news. Pka "FUD"

A 10% pullback on bitcoin or ANY other coin for that matter is not new to most all crypto investors. It is common knowledge that the crypto market is highly volatile. 200% - 500% price jumps happen quite frequently.

The crypto market is here to stay. Now i may be wrong about the above, but I don't expect a notoriously backward and non-innovative platform like nairaland to support a 22nd (yes 22nd) century idea like bitcoin and most crypto.

There hasn't been any improvement on the nairaland interface ever since I joined in 2016. More than 5 years.. Most people who joined way back would likely say the same.

Most crypto tokens are backed by heavy projects that will revolutionise the entire world in a few years. Cardano (ADA) is backed by peer reviewed scientific research. Smart contracts will reduce corruption even where corruption is deeply ingrained in the culture, like Nigeria. Bitcoin can and will replace Gold as the safe haven asset. The opportunities that exist for both rich and poor in crptocurrencies are immense. Axie infinity (AXS) for example is earning people in Burkina Faso, Philippines and other poor countries at least, $100 monthly. DeFi will save us from the tricks banks use to rip us off.

It's only a question of WHEN, not IF. I understand the need to eliminate competition. But this site is no match. Nairaland mods all need to stop spreading false news that reduces people's confidence in cryptos.

107 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by Jas80: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2021
Enemy of progress full this country. Now tell me how bitcoin take crash, na wa o

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by chigoziri2403(m): 11:07am On Oct 28, 2021
Highly volatile

I would need an explanation on what are the factors that fixes bitcoin prices

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by pickatyoubackup: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
This article is useless abeg. Which crash e crash.
If you want to understand what crash is the learn and invest in naira.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by EyezofGod120: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
angry Which bitcoin crash,,abi this people no know wetin dem dey Talk ni

12 Likes

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
Calm down guys, it’s rising all the way to 80k soonest

4 Likes

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by WalkerMichael(m): 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
Since I got into trading (financial markets) crypto Feb 2021, I do not want to leave again but instead learn more! It's indeed a blessing to our generation. HODL GANG

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by 4four(m): 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
I am still looking for this said crash

3 Likes

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by akinmusi(m): 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
Pastor righteousness2 no be wee kee you
Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by Passionate888: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
Make e crash o, so that I fit buy 1k with my enaira tongue tongue tongue bubu no go kill us

3 Likes

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by Offpoint1: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
Buy the dip cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by Optimistguy1969: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
Buy the dip don enter big shit
Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by iamphilips(m): 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
Shiba inu way grin grin grin

Like if you’re holding shiba

25 Likes

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by 900warriorz: 11:09am On Oct 28, 2021
Bitcoin Lords right now cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by jeeqaa7(m): 11:09am On Oct 28, 2021
Again?
Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by Vlibray: 11:09am On Oct 28, 2021
what crash ?
una go dey post shit
bitcoin soared to an ath of 67k last week ---nothing goes up in a straight line >bitcoin has to correct then repump

10 Likes

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by ExtremeDot: 11:09am On Oct 28, 2021
Nawa oo.

If I may ask, Where is the crash
When BTC rose to $67k, una no report am o. The thing retrace small, which is a normal phenomenon in the crypto market, una begin carry siren.

BTC is currently trading above $61K. This is a coin that retraced to as low as $32k some couple of weeks back.

Now tell me, people that bought the dip couple of weeks back when BTC went below $35k, don't you think they are in good profit now? Despite the current retracement from $67k to $61k.

Persons that bought the peak when BTC rose to $67K should be good HODLers. Make them HODL like say their lives demand on it. Moreover, them no buy when BTC dip, na when the thing come peak na em fear and FOMO push them to run go buy. Emotional traders.

Abeg ee, there is no crash here. Come back and report a crash when BTC falls to $20k from $67K.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by Felabrity: 11:09am On Oct 28, 2021
Dude it's still 25M

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by adioolayi(m): 11:09am On Oct 28, 2021
Unregulated market will crash one day one day..

This shouldn't be a news...anyone into Cryptocurrency knows it's risky and highly volatile

9 Likes

Re: Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets by udemzyudex(m): 11:09am On Oct 28, 2021
Illuminatiship:
That's business for you there's always rise and fall...

This one is unstable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market / How Would You React To This Message?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.