Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF (20248 Views)

Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! / National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by ronalmagic10(m): 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
You guys shud relax. I'm sure dis is jst a joke. NFF surely knows dey can't try this. No need 2 talk too much

2 Likes

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by victor260(m): 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
Dat wud b very unfair of nff....
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by nerodenero: 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
If that happens, failure looms for Eagles. Mr. Bolaji and Alh. Maigari, please leave Keshi alone. He has done more than enough put together to go to Worldcup.
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by BarryX(m): 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
I hate throwing insults but these fellas almost made me do it with the header

1 Like

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by Gwekzy: 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
Shey dis tin na joke
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by luvlypie: 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
Dats d problem in Nigeria. bribery nd corruption has blinded dem. Other countries are coming to buy young talented footballers to be paid weekly. Its really a shame!!!
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by gidzbobby: 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
all this one's just because the guy say he no need technical coach..... awon NFF ti ya werey......

2 Likes

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by ujoinme: 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
Why dont we hire a foreigner to run NFF as those folks are incompetent and while we are at it a foreigner should also replace the sport minister.
SK all the way.

1 Like

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by chinedudubai: 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
this is not necessary
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by omar22(m): 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
Look how much do you think the NFF big wigs are going to make if Keshi is in charge

Lagerback was on $250k when he was managing Sweden, Nigeria offered him $900k just for a 2 months job, where as $1.5m was allocated for the foreign manager. Most of the players paid to get a spot in the 23 heading to SA in 2010, with Papillo (Kanu) acting as an agent for Ogunjobi and Co.

They (NFF) have looked at it carefully and realised that with all the obsession Keshi has with homes base players. Nothing will come out of it. I did say this the NFF will pull the rug under Keshi's feet before the world cup. And the Federal goverment hasnt got the right to interfere with there decision

2 Likes

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by Dollarjunkie: 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
Olugbenger: Nff If u sack Keshi, you folks won't make frontpage again.

angry angry angry angry angry angry

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by aieromon(m): 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
We are just recovering from Amodu's curse and these buffoons want to sign another contract of hopelessness angry

1 Like

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by Sallychizzl3: 2:41pm On Nov 25, 2013
safarigirl: They shouldn't even think of sacking our most successful coach since Westerhof. The problem with Africa is their use and dump attitude and instability. Who do they want to get? The success of a team depends on both the coach and the players and it takes years to build a formidable team. What if a new coach comes in and doesn't like Mikel, Onazi or Omeruo's style of play? What if he finds he can't work with Moses, how will he re-structure an invincible team within a space of 6 months or less? What if the players don't like the coach and decide to do as the French players did at the World Cup? Changing a coach isn't as easy as switching sim cards. In fact Keshi better get a ticket before greedy oafs like Maigari who have benefitted from the hard work of others.

Hmmmnn,very insightful. U shud b among d super eagle's technical crew jst like chelsea. wink
Which club are u supporting btw? grin
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by Pergrace: 2:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
NFF sabi kill person morale... cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by Sallychizzl3: 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
ronalmagic10: You guys shud relax. I'm sure dis is jst a joke. NFF surely knows dey can't try this. No need 2 talk too much

Tell amodu that. wink
I jst hope u are right sha
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by ddeola: 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
God punish all of dem! Where are all the stupid foreign coaches when Keshi was hussling to qualify d team?

Abeg, make una leave Keshi to enjoy d fruit of em labour o. Let him have the honour of taking the Super Eagles to the world cup o and please pay him his dues and give him the respect he deserves.

All these yeye lazy politicians wey no no anything about football

1 Like

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by safarigirl(f): 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
omar22: Look how much do you think the NFF big wigs are going to make if Keshi is in charge

Lagerback was on $250k when he was managing Sweden, Nigeria offered him $900k just for a 2 months job, where as $1.5m was allocated for the foreign manager. Most of the players paid to get a spot in the 23 heading to SA in 2010, with Papillo (Kanu) acting as an agent for Ogunjobi and Co.

They (NFF) have looked at it carefully and realised that with all the obsession Keshi has with homes base players. Nothing will come out of it. I did say this the NFF will pull the rug under Keshi's feet before the world cup. And the Federal goverment hasnt got the right to interfere with there decision
I tell you solemnly, it will be easier for Davido to become the President of Nigeria than for NFF to sack Keshi. Except Keshi voluntarily resigns, no power on earth or in NFF can bring him down

The last time a coach performed this good- Westerhof, he wasn't sacked, but resigned, same will go for Keshi

3 Likes

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by Ojosaac(m): 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
Crazy set of people, u can imagine dat shit dey are saying, am not surprised sha.
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by Goke7: 2:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
I have said it before and will repeat it again for emphasis that Keshi's greatest sin was winning the Afcon, the guys at the glass house are not happy and to add salt to injury, keshi qualified for the world cup in grand style, no need for permutations or calculator, imagine needing a draw at home or even a 1-nil loss to qualify, instead he did excellently to beat ethiopia 4-1 and went on to draw 2-2 with a world class italian team in a friendly match, they thought will expose him woefully.

Let's forget all the talk of doing well against the best in the world at the world cup, the NFF guys just want to make money at all cost by getting a foreign coach and am afraid they will go ahead unless someone very powerful like Jonathan or the entire Nigerians stop them. If you read in between the lines of what Barrister Green and the NFF President has said, these guys are already shopping for a foreign coach.

In summary, I want to ask, please what are the details of Keshi's contract? does it entail leading the team to the world cup even if he qualified? We all know about the Technical director issue a while ago when Tom sainfeit was appointed before the sports minister intervened, the NFF insisted then that it was part of Keshi''s contract. Am afraid, they will bring that issue up again in legal terms. These Guys are smart o!

1 Like

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by striker9(m): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
If its possible,all the players should just strike if Keshi is sacked.Enough is enough,I don't care if Keshi is not the best coach out there but he has made naija team reasonable,even a high experienced coach as Busquet recognized naija as a strong team.Politics will kill naija football I swear,those fat old foo1s will just play with Nigerians only unifying factor.God help naija.
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by safarigirl(f): 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
Sallychizzl3:

Tell amodu that. wink
I jst hope u are right sha
abeg, even Nigerians wholly supported the sack of Amodu, during his era na im we dey happily claim 3rd place for AFCON. Keshi showed us that the Super Eagles are capable of defeating every African nation.

Abeg no dey compare Keshi and Amodu, that's an insult to THE BIG BOSS.

Btw, I'm a Real Madrid fan
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
for those of una wey like SK, I suggest you guys flood NFF FB page and that of GEJ. By the time over a hundred thousand do that I am sure they will think twice.

2 Likes

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by Bolurx(m): 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
Epe lo ma pa NFF
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by bjdon: 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
chidindufrank: If We must hire a foreigner,we better get Sir Alex Ferguson. In fairness to Keshi,he has done a good job so far but as a person I wasn't impressed with our confederation cup perfomance.Keshi should try and get players that can guarantee us at least a quarter final birth at the world cup. Ideye,Gambo,Babatunde should not be invited for camping.

We did not take our top team to the confederation cup. Just because Ferguson was a top club coach what makes you think he will do the same at national level? Its 2 very different skill sets. You may want to check what Scotland did in 1986 world cup with Ferguson as manager.

Please we should not even be having this discussion. Only in a sick dysfunctional country like Nigeria would this even be an issue. Keshi has won the ACN, qualified us for the world cup, using a good mix of home and foreign players. What exactly is ANY foreign going to come and do in less than a year? Are they Gods? Why do we have such an inferiority complex as blacks? Let us go with Keshi, he'll do his best and get good experience for the next world cup.

2 Likes

Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by omar22(m): 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
safarigirl: I tell you solemnly, it will be easier for Davido to become the President of Nigeria than for NFF to sack Keshi. Except Keshi voluntarily resigns, no power on earth or in NFF can bring him down

The last time a coach performed this good- Westerhof, he wasn't sacked, but resigned, same will go for Keshi

Westerhof had 100% backing of the LT Augustus Aikhomu, every single penny to prepare the team was handed to Clemence Westerhof. Now the FIFA rule that prevents the FG getting involved in the National team. The NFF could sack Keshi in a heart beat and nothing will happen.
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by safarigirl(f): 2:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
Goke7: I have said it before and will repeat it again for emphasis that Keshi's greatest sin was winning the Afcon, the guys at the glass house are not happy and to add salt to injury, keshi qualified for the world cup in grand style, no need for permutations or calculator, imagine needing a draw at home or even a 1-nil loss to qualify, instead he did excellently to beat ethiopia 4-1 and went on to draw 2-2 with a world class italian team in a friendly match, they thought will expose him woefully.

Let's forget all the talk of doing well against the best in the world at the world cup, the NFF guys just want to make money at all cost by getting a foreign coach and am afraid they will go ahead unless someone very powerful like Jonathan or the entire Nigerians stop them. If you read in between the lines of what Barrister Green and the NFF President has said, these guys are already shopping for a foreign coach.

In summary, I want to ask, please what are the details of Keshi's contract? does it entail leading the team to the world cup even if he qualified? We all know about the Technical director issue a while ago when Tom sainfeit was appointed before the sports minister intervened, the NFF insisted then that it was part of Keshi''s contract. Am afraid, they will bring that issue up again in legal terms. These Guys are smart o!
Maigari will lose his job before Keshi.

Forget whatever cunning tactics the NFF think they can come up with. Keshi has already check-mated them, he's the player with the Joker right now and NFF will have to resort to juju to even have a slight edge over him
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by Oladsons(m): 2:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nff has started again o
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by timi4mayo(m): 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
They knw born una papa well.. Try am c first
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by follyinfo(m): 2:58pm On Nov 25, 2013
wonder sha never end Ona (NFF) don start again abi? Alrite o ...we de watch grin. We know say we nor go fit win the World Cup (local or foreign coach) BUT we want Keshi to be there for the experience. No country has ever won the World Cup using a foreign coach hope they realize that.
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by Oladsons(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nff has started again o. So, Big Boss is no more capable again. Abi?
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by premlove(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
If any body dear sack keshi i go burn glass house for abuja
Re: Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF by omar22(m): 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
safarigirl: Maigari will lose his job before Keshi.

Forget whatever cunning tactics the NFF think they can come up with. Keshi has already check-mated them, he's the player with the Joker right now and NFF will have to resort to juju to even have a slight edge over him

Maijari was elected not appointed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record / NFF Sacks Aminu Maigari (As President) / Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.